Activation Issues? Please raise them here.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought mine from OnePlay.com, got email after purchase with one code on it. Entered it into Steam and downloaded the Beta. Quit Steam earlier and opened again. Downloaded something (unsure what it was). Opened game, still 14.1.1. Restarted Steam a few times, same outcome. Tried verifying cache 3/4 times. Success each time. No download.

Still stuck at 14.1.1

Checked OnePlay account, no other messages. Checked email, nothing, not even in spam folder.

Annoyed a bit :(

Hi,

I'm from Singapore and had brought a box version of this game.

Please help as i cannot activate the game with the code given in the manual.

Thanks

Hi mate,

Can you install the game now..? Which shop did you buy your FM from..? I'll be coming down to TEC-Drome later to have mine. I hope that I won't be encountering the same problem.

I've put my Steam code in for the full game, it's been stuck on "creating local game cache files" for around 15 minutes now. Is this normal? Where it says preparing Football Manager 2014 files for install, the progress bar hasn't even started to move. How long has it roughly taken others that have updated via steam? has anyone had the same issue

A little quastion:

I have the beta on my pc, received the game code today from the shop i bought it Yourgamezone.nl and accesed it via steam but now its been standing still for a half hour on preparing football manager 14 files for installation...

Should i first have deleted my beta version or just be patient?

I'm also from Singapore and I bought a boxed copy too, so that eradicates any possibility of my game being region-locked I guess, but even so I can't activate the game...

Mate, where did you purchase your FM2014 from..? Which shop..? Thank you.

@ak71 I bought it at Cyber Active at Compass Point in Sengkang. There are 2 other game shops in Compass Point (One on the 2nd floor near the LRT entrance and the other is Comics Connection on the fourth floor). If you can't find it at Compass Point, nearest shopping centre with a game shop is Hougang Mall, 2 game stores there (Comics Connection and eplay!)

I'm from Croatia, bought my code via Buygamecode.com, didn't have any problems with Beta. Verified cache atleast dozen times, even renamed Steam registry file (like someone suggested), restarted Steam... To no avail. Bear in mind that nothing changed this morning, still version 14.1.1.

@ak71 I bought it at Cyber Active at Compass Point in Sengkang. There are 2 other game shops in Compass Point (One on the 2nd floor near the LRT entrance and the other is Comics Connection on the fourth floor). If you can't find it at Compass Point, nearest shopping centre with a game shop is Hougang Mall, 2 game stores there (Comics Connection and eplay!)

Thanks for the info mate. So, can you install them now..?

A little quastion:

I have the beta on my pc, received the game code today from the shop i bought it Yourgamezone.nl and accesed it via steam but now its been standing still for a half hour on preparing football manager 14 files for installation...

same issue for me. bought mine from GMG.

@ak71 No not yet, been trying since 12 noon. I've keyed in my activation code so many times I've actually memorised it...

Feel so sorry for you. I'm on my way to purchase at TEC-DROME, Sim Lim. I'm hoping that i don't face the same problem later.

I think I might have solved the problem. For those in Singapore don't buy the game (@ak71 and others around the region). It says at the back of the boxed copy (This game is region locked and cannot be activated through steam outside of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar)

i just spoke the guy at the gaemeshop, he say maybe must wait awhile before can activate? and on the issue of steam cannot be activated outside of thailand etc, he said that normally can and normally FM in Singapore is europe copy

Someone from SI please help

I think I might have solved the problem. For those in Singapore don't buy the game (@ak71 and others around the region). It says at the back of the boxed copy (This game is region locked and cannot be activated through steam outside of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar)

Hi mate, thanks for the caution. I was about to ask you about the distributor of the game as shown on the box. A more reputable distributor will be New Era. I've been buying the FM series from TEC-DROME and they are the distributor.

I almost buy the same copy as yours last year. The copy was imported from Thailand, i believe. The price is cheaper. In the end, i took the safer route and bought it at TEC-DROME.

Really hope that your problem will be resolved soon.

Bought mine from OnePlay.com, got email after purchase with one code on it. Entered it into Steam and downloaded the Beta. Quit Steam earlier and opened again. Downloaded something (unsure what it was). Opened game, still 14.1.1. Restarted Steam a few times, same outcome. Tried verifying cache 3/4 times. Success each time. No download.

Still stuck at 14.1.1

Checked OnePlay account, no other messages. Checked email, nothing, not even in spam folder.

Annoyed a bit :(

Did they send you a second full-game code yet?

A little quastion:

Cancel prepare for installation. Come to the library and opposite the Football Manager 2014 click Install.

Archived