FMC2014 Wishlist Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see some of the features from Full Fledge simplified.

I'm almost a solely FMC player now a days, and whilst it is in no way game breaking I support the ability to be able to get simple teamtalks. Imagine like it was when team talks first came out. You only had a few options and they where team based and no tone.

Same with opposition instructions. I'd like to be able to try to easily target opposition players without having to have to go thru player-instructions.

Pre Game editor of course would be amazing.

Might post more later

The assistant controlling the team meeting function makes it completely worthless IMO.

While I was in the midst of an eight-match win streak, my assistant called 3 team meetings in 8 matches. None had any effect. Then the next season, when we're in a relegation battle, he just watches us spiral downward and doesn't call one until morale is in abysmal and it's too late.

I would recommend either taking them out of FMC or at least letting the manager choose when to call them.

• Administrators
The assistant controlling the team meeting function makes it completely worthless IMO.While I was in the midst of an eight-match win streak, my assistant called 3 team meetings in 8 matches. None had any effect. Then the next season, when we're in a relegation battle, he just watches us spiral downward and doesn't call one until morale is in abysmal and it's too late.I would recommend either taking them out of FMC or at least letting the manager choose when to call them.
It works on a sequence of matches, not the level of morale. That can explain why you've experienced what you have. If you're playing well and morale is already very high then there's a bigger likelihood of drops or mistakes in the meetings - Same as FM. You don't have to respond if you don't want to. When results start to sour I'd suggest being more cautious tactically as your players will be lower on confidence. This should help to grind out results, before a need for a team meeting kicks in. Thanks for the feedback though, if you have any more experiences with them where you think it might be a bug or a suggestion then let us know :)

It works on a sequence of matches, not the level of morale. That can explain why you've experienced what you have. If you're playing well and morale is already very high then there's a bigger likelihood of drops or mistakes in the meetings - Same as FM. You don't have to respond if you don't want to. When results start to sour I'd suggest being more cautious tactically as your players will be lower on confidence. This should help to grind out results, before a need for a team meeting kicks in. Thanks for the feedback though, if you have any more experiences with them where you think it might be a bug or a suggestion then let us know :)

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize I didn't have to respond, that's good to know. "Completely worthless" was a bit of an overstatement due to me being frustrated with a match result.

That said, I think being able to look ahead at the schedule and time a team meeting right would be nice. For example, on FM13 I was playing as Athletic Bilbao and going through a bad stretch. Was about to call a team meeting but noticed Barca and Real were up next on the schedule. So rather than boosting morale only to have the two giants knock it right back down, I accepted I was going to lose those two, then called the meeting and went on a really good run of form.

Of course I'm kind of just complaining because now that I can't manipulate morale as much it's exposing some of my shortcomings as a tactician. That's OK though, something for me to work on. And in a way the streamlined nature of FMC makes losing easier to take, because I don't feel like I had to invest my whole life into my save to get it going.

• 3 weeks later...

Analysis Tab Please!!!

Also, I love the freedom with the lack of tactical familiarity. In the full mode familiarity is the ultimate pain in the a**.

In all honesty if FM15 has really great features for FMC I would be that much more inclined to buy it rather than stick with 14.

Custom Databases(probably never happen, tbh), the ability to control individual player training(mostly to ditch PPM's), and slightly expanded player conversations. That's everything I'd like, other than that, it's perfect as is.

Please give some way to influence PPM's that are learned, or used. I had to sell multiple players after they learned PPM's which were supposed to be of benefit (shoots from distance) yet I simply could not find a way to make them work.

There are many options:

A. Allow us to choose between, say, 2-3 options when a player is learning a PPM.

B. Have a way to "turn off" PPM's that have been learned at our club. If I buy a guy with, say, "Argues with Officials" - that is my problem. But if he learns a new one with me, then I should have the option to not use it.

C. Have an option under Staff Assignments where we can "take control" of training PPM's. By default, the staff pick, but we can take over - perhaps once we're a bit more informed after playing quite a bit of FMC - and train them ourselves in the usual manner.

D. When a new PPM is about to train, we get the option to veto it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 2 main things that keep people in the game are a) tactics and b) player development. A few more in FMC to aid b) and we're sorted!

- Feeder club control. You want it stream lined? Add the ability to go to a lower team and click on them to add as an affiliate and a set of check boxes to add what kind of affiliate, they can accept or refuse. If this is another human team, let the manager decide. This feature would give those of us here wood. So tired of first option affiliates who never have any real players on them.

- More control over youth teams /academy. This grows? Far too slowly... I can finally confirm it does grow, in 2025 my Accrington team have gone from poor to basic finally after years of making money and competing well in the premiership. This to me is an unacceptable growth. Still generating at most 75 PA players in the Premiership!

- Training can be handled by the assistant but give us the option to train a specific attribute or weakness. This suggestion can remain minimalistic and would probably be a helpful addition? It could be optional as well, so as to not add too much to those who like to not have to worry about training at all.

- Tactical analysis tab (users can ignore it if they don't want to use it). There is a lack of this for those who like it. I wouldn't use it, but it is a popular request!

- Ability to change PPMs. This suggestion is literally everywhere. Pretty hard to ignore.

Plus tutoring or some way of altering personality. That would make me a permanent convert!

Since the addition of FMC I haven't played anything else, but the one thing missing from this game to make it f-ing brilliant is the use of custom databases/leagues.

With computers and laptops these days it's no problem running 10 countries with full league structure. I love playing in Asia, but it's limited to a few leagues. Same with the Middle-East and Africa, would love to play there, but FMC limits me on that point.

Other then that; loving it.

Please give some way to influence PPM's that are learned, or used. I had to sell multiple players after they learned PPM's which were supposed to be of benefit (shoots from distance) yet I simply could not find a way to make them work.

There are many options:

A. Allow us to choose between, say, 2-3 options when a player is learning a PPM.

B. Have a way to "turn off" PPM's that have been learned at our club. If I buy a guy with, say, "Argues with Officials" - that is my problem. But if he learns a new one with me, then I should have the option to not use it.

C. Have an option under Staff Assignments where we can "take control" of training PPM's. By default, the staff pick, but we can take over - perhaps once we're a bit more informed after playing quite a bit of FMC - and train them ourselves in the usual manner.

D. When a new PPM is about to train, we get the option to veto it.

I've come on here to agree about PPMs. I disagree and don't like them being forced upon us managers, which is what happens atm

B and D options above are something I would be in favour of. They're sort of linked

I'd like dynamic rivalries to be included, especially for teams coming up through the ranks. Say once you hit a threshold of X number games played vs. a team and it's a roughly 50% win ratio, a rivalry is formed. Maybe sooner if some of those games were big cup or international matches. It's not as interesting getting promoted, never playing your low league rivals again, and having to form these rivalries in our heads. I mean, I do that, but would be more fun if the game itself developed them as well!

Wouldn't want any of the talkie stuff brought across from FM - getting rid of that is why I play FMC. Would like to see more control of the training side.

Thing I miss most, though, is not being able to turn the transfer budget off in the first window. In fact I'd like to see it extended to the whole season with options for transfers; loans and staff move options. That way I could play the first season with starting squads for all teams, but bring in my own staff if I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a tendency to click through too fast and accidentally hit Play instead of Instant Result, which irritates me no end as there's no way to back out of it, wasting several precious minutes. I suppose the simple solution is for there to be initially an "Are you sure?" dialog box on hitting the Play button, with a "Don't show this message again" checkbox so it won't annoy regular players, of course. Or perhaps have a setting in the preferences where live matches can be turned off altogether, i.e. with the setting on, hitting Play always creates an instant result.

A more expansive solution could be the addition of the ability to skip the rest of a match at any point during play. So someone like me could just use the function after accidentally starting the match, and someone else might see value in leaving the second half to the assistant if 4-0 up (or down ;) ) at the break.

In order to make FMC perfect, I would like to see:

1) Analysis Tab - I feel naked without this, means that I have to watch the matches on full/comprehensive in order to see if my tactics are working. I don't think that it adds any complexity for the user who is looking for a simple/streamlined experience as they can simply ignore the tab.

2) Ability to train PPMs - This has been mentioned many times by many people. This can be added as an option on the training screen so that it can be ignored by users who are not interested.

3) Opposition Instructions - Sometimes I can clearly see that an opposition player is having too much joy and it takes too long for my assistant to notice so that I have the option to make the change. Again, this can be just added as an option on the tactics screen on match day so that it can be ignored if users are not interested in using it.

I don't mind if these more advanced options are slightly hidden, so that they don't impact the ethos of simple/quick experience, but their inclusion would definitely make FMC my main mode.

Things I would like to see on the PSVita

1) Instant Result - This would save loads of time in playing the game, and would probably get more people involved in the Vita section.

2) select 4 Leagues - This would widen the dimensions on what a PSVita would be capable of and would bring more enjoyment into the game, such as doing certain challenges like Unemployed Challenge etc.

3) Improved Controls - Be able to use the buttons on the menus rather than using the touchscreen it is very hard to get use to and mine keeps going back up to the top if I leave go.

instant result would be the main thing i would add to vita version,although the vita version is very good im a little disappointed it isnt on it,i heard it isnt there because of technical reasons,would be nice to add to next version

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to have a general option to let (every) player be available for the reserve team until they recover condition. Make it sticky, completely automated please, when someone need to recover condition they will be automatically selected for the reserve team. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

When starting a new game on the PC it'd be good to know the star rating for the save when played on a Vita. I noticed when setting one up on the Vita that there's, obviously, a performance disparity between my Mac and the Vita and knowing in advance the performance my save will have when cross-platform playing would be useful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wish list:

1. able to use custom database

2. disable first transfer window budget option

3. dark skin

4. can select leagues with "view only" option

5. ability to select start date like the full version

6. able to manage countries without having to purchase it (agreed with the manager points system)

7. positive reply from team meetings. players always see no benefit from it. bug?

8. when looking for job, can select not to accept offers from 'selected leagues/countries'. so no need to come back from holiday just to reject them.

5. ability to select start date like the full version

The nation you select first will be the selected date.

6. able to manage countries without having to purchase it (agreed with the manager points system)

You can unlock it by winning a manager of the year award.

Archived