FMC2014 Wishlist Thread

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it probably sounds contrary to the streamlined nature of FMC, but I'd love to see:

1. Ability to control which PPMs are trained in players

2. Analysis tab

I'm a simulation mode man, but am firmly converted to FMC now.

I'm getting by without the above elements, but I do "miss" them.

If I had to choose, I'd take option 1 over option 2.

This could probably apply to the full game too, but I would love the opportunity to have a shortlist of staff. If I find a staff member who for whatever reason can't/won't join my club, I'd like to have a list I could save them to for later reference.

I'll repeat my request from last year: The ability to pick a match plan and then watch the match. While your AssMan then makes the changes as described in the match plan without me having to do it manually. He seems to be able to do it better/faster than I can when watching a match. ATM i add a second unemployed manager who views all my matches while my actual manager selects an instant result match plan. I would love a cleaner way to achieve this outcome.

I got this idea from these forums so I know I'm not the only one.

• Administrators
Team talks.... Something to boost the morale of my players... Annoying i cant do it.....

You have team meetings. I'd suggest playing more conservatively if your team's morale is low. Players low on confidence are unlikely to play freely and win lots of games. Today I started a season with Dynamos in South Africa First Division. I started the season losing 4-3, and went on to lose the next 13 with a team expected to finish bottom. I tried everything tactics wise, with a small squad of 25 consisting of 11 youth player newgens no older than 18. I only had 2 good players in my team. I switched formation to play to the team's strengths, and used Team Meetings when they came up to raise spirits. After 15 games (out of 30) I had just 3 points. Just now, I persisted with the formation that got me my first win, and brought in more players in the mid-season Transfer Window and flogged a couple that were no good. I was lucky, but survived relegation on the last day of the season just now.

With a tactic that plays to your team's strengths, and expectations going into a match you can win games and boost morale of your players. I don't think team talks are needed in FMC, the AI doesn't use them and the effect is marginal at best anyway. It's about your transfers and tactics. That is FMC.

^^ That is not to say wishes and suggestions will be ignored in here, they won't. I can certainly understand the frustration. But it's important not to let early frustrations give knee-jerk solutions where they may not be needed. This is one of the reasons we brought in team meetings this year, to boost player morale when you are losing games.

What i really miss, and i feel a bit of anger towards SI. is the adding of custom databases.

I want to play in the oberliga, and you need a custom db to do that, and since FMC doesnt offer that, i have to play the normal fm on a uber slow laptop (while it does has a cap to 50k players, was it so hard to then add a custom database function and also put a cap to that, surely someone mustve thought of that, and, you will implement it in FM15 for sure, but cant you guys fix it in a patch, surely it musnt be that hard?)

I should have said it earlier, damn, but i kinda assumend that it would be fixed.. damn it

but here, i spoke up, i would appreciatie if you would fix it.

• Administrators

You can already do this by playing them in that position, they will eventually learn the position you are playing them in.

I agree with a previous suggestion that being able to train a player on a specific attribute would be a good addition, along with setting them to train in a new position (although I appreciate you've said you just need to play them there for the latter).

Must be difficult trying to find the balance between full game and classic, but I these are the two main things I miss.

• Administrators

Appreciate that. Regarding player training, they will train in the roles you are playing them in, generally speaking.

besides my usual wish for editor use i'd like to ask the board as well for a better youth coaching and youth facilities/recruitment. Otherwise it's just painfully slow (only once in a while) with a small club, even with big budget.

1) An editor that doesnt effect the leaderboards

2) Change the training system that allows player's to reach there potential faster then the full career mode.

3) Have assistant manager auto renewel player's contracts.

4) Would like to hire coaches (not sure why this wasnt in 2014)

5) Remove the requirement to unlock unlockable feature and replace them with manager points system.

6) Reduce the cost of buying fmc boost bank balance

I can understand people not wanting full team talks but maybe a halftime team talks only would be good,if no team talks then at least a simple player interaction system so a players form can be praised/criticised.

Wish list for 2015 FMC

1. Player interaction

2. Ability to change PPMs

3. To be able to choose when to have team meetings

Whilst I think scouting has improved (love being able to be a bit more specific about regions) but the LLM in me would also like to see the ability to scout a player for 'x' number of matches. I know I can scout a player but that just gives the impression my scout just takes a quick once over and that's it.

• Administrators
Whilst I think scouting has improved (love being able to be a bit more specific about regions) but the LLM in me would also like to see the ability to scout a player for 'x' number of matches. I know I can scout a player but that just gives the impression my scout just takes a quick once over and that's it.

Actually no, the reason the scout for 3 matches was removed was to keep it simple and easier for the user to use. It isn't a quick scout report like scouting for one match in FM can be, but the full report. Adding layers of complexity in this sort of area will mean the game will take longer to play, essentially.

You have team meetings. I'd suggest playing more conservatively if your team's morale is low. Players low on confidence are unlikely to play freely and win lots of games. Today I started a season with Dynamos in South Africa First Division. I started the season losing 4-3, and went on to lose the next 13 with a team expected to finish bottom. I tried everything tactics wise, with a small squad of 25 consisting of 11 youth player newgens no older than 18. I only had 2 good players in my team. I switched formation to play to the team's strengths, and used Team Meetings when they came up to raise spirits. After 15 games (out of 30) I had just 3 points. Just now, I persisted with the formation that got me my first win, and brought in more players in the mid-season Transfer Window and flogged a couple that were no good. I was lucky, but survived relegation on the last day of the season just now.

With a tactic that plays to your team's strengths, and expectations going into a match you can win games and boost morale of your players. I don't think team talks are needed in FMC, the AI doesn't use them and the effect is marginal at best anyway. It's about your transfers and tactics. That is FMC.

^^ That is not to say wishes and suggestions will be ignored in here, they won't. I can certainly understand the frustration. But it's important not to let early frustrations give knee-jerk solutions where they may not be needed. This is one of the reasons we brought in team meetings this year, to boost player morale when you are losing games.

I've tried team meetings and every time is the same, that the squad had no benefit from it. No matter what I say it always the same. I could have thrashed someone 6-0. Praise the lads and nothing, no point according to the players. :(

I shall persevere though.

Actually no, the reason the scout for 3 matches was removed was to keep it simple and easier for the user to use. It isn't a quick scout report like scouting for one match in FM can be, but the full report. Adding layers of complexity in this sort of area will mean the game will take longer to play, essentially.

Fair point, I guess having them scouted for a couple of games was giving me a false sense of security that my scout knew what he was talking about :lol: but get where you're coming from and it's nice to know the report is a full one. Cheers for clearing that up Lucas :thup:

What i really miss, and i feel a bit of anger towards SI. is the adding of custom databases.

I want to play in the oberliga, and you need a custom db to do that, and since FMC doesnt offer that, i have to play the normal fm on a uber slow laptop (while it does has a cap to 50k players, was it so hard to then add a custom database function and also put a cap to that, surely someone mustve thought of that, and, you will implement it in FM15 for sure, but cant you guys fix it in a patch, surely it musnt be that hard?)

I should have said it earlier, damn, but i kinda assumend that it would be fixed.. damn it

but here, i spoke up, i would appreciatie if you would fix it.

why doesn't FMC supports the use of editor data files? what was the idea behind that?

i was switching to FMC, but without this option, it will be a game mode that will die untouched, it has no interest without the ability to load DBCs (to fix DB errors).

Please fix this.

• Administrators
I've tried team meetings and every time is the same, that the squad had no benefit from it. No matter what I say it always the same. I could have thrashed someone 6-0. Praise the lads and nothing, no point according to the players. :(

I shall persevere though.

Is this for a "positive" team meeting? (IE. you've won 6 in a row?)

New to Classic (40hrs), but what i would like...

1. Tactic Analyst Tab - so i can better see whats happening in my tactic - passing, chance creation etc...

2. Basic match team talk - Only "Team" option, after game, so you can offer feed back to the team about how they performed.

3. Offline editor.

4. Printable Team/Squad sheet - Seriously a printable page with a number of columns we can set/change to fit on a A4 page. (maybe a excel printout?)

Have already posted a few things earlier in the post but I would also like to ask my ass manager to arrange friendlies for me at end of season,unless this is already there and done in background,but I'm in June now after 1st season and no friendlies have been arranged

Is this for a "positive" team meeting? (IE. you've won 6 in a row?)

Yeah, unbeaten in the league in say 10 games, praise the team for the results and the team doesnt benefit or see the point in the meeting. Surely me praising my team should give them a lift, be excited by the fact im acknowledging there run of results.

1. Tactical analysis tab (users can ignore it if they don't want to use it)

2. Opposition instructions

3. We should be able to see the player positions on the substitutes bar on the tactics overview screen (this will help when you first take over a club and you are unfamiliar with the squad)

Just started my first save of FMC and loving it so far.

FMC is all i play now, cant get into the "Full" game anymore other than with custom databases, ie lower level leagues.

Thats my 1 and only request, allow us to use a custom DB.

I second that.I remember last year in the earlier versions of the game you could use custom databases through a glitch.Later they fixed it...:confused: That pretty much ruined the game for me!I had my hopes up for this year but I was really disappointed.

Here are some things that I "miss" from the full version:

1) turn off first window transfer budgets (love to start with the teams as is and then go from there)

2) a very simple "team talk" (not individuals) during half time - can be three options maybe for entire team? Good work, show me something else, don't get complacent?

3) training can be handled by the assistant but give us the option to train a specific attribute or weakness

Some minor things:

4) registration rules? it seems you can play without any restrictions? I understand this takes time and is a pain but I like it to be realistic (maybe optional to turn on?)

5) maybe a bit more tactical analysis options although this year's version has already some overview (for those who want, heat map, etc., as in the full game you can ignore that) - I feel this is what FMC is all about as there is less player interaction and less media handling so it is all about the tactics - the tools to tweak them would be great.

1. More control over youth teams /academy as was said before... they don't seem to grow at all. Got my league 2 team into the premiership and I used FMRTE to check it against the starting ratings, my youth setup is the same as it was at the very start. Seems ridiculous it would not have improved at all? Still getting 50-70 PA players in the top league... useless garbage!

• 3 weeks later...

The more seasons I play in a single career, the more I wish for this: please oh please let us have some control over who we affiliate with... I get tired of affiliating with clubs where the entire affiliation is we get first option to buy but they never have any players, just greyed out players, it's useless. Or the teams I can supposedly send players on loan to but no matter what kind of player I try to loan them, they refuse. From half star youth to 2 star senior, not one player on my team will play for them, so why have the link? This needs to be something there is at least a tiny amount of control over! I would rather enjoy to link up with my friends team as he has a team in my save that he plays from time to time (on holiday the rest of the time), but there is no way to make it happen. I know this is supposed to be streamlined, so make the linking/affiliation system more simple but give us some control.

The more seasons I play in a single career, the more I wish for this: please oh please let us have some control over who we affiliate with... I get tired of affiliating with clubs where the entire affiliation is we get first option to buy but they never have any players, just greyed out players, it's useless. Or the teams I can supposedly send players on loan to but no matter what kind of player I try to loan them, they refuse. From half star youth to 2 star senior, not one player on my team will play for them, so why have the link? This needs to be something there is at least a tiny amount of control over! I would rather enjoy to link up with my friends team as he has a team in my save that he plays from time to time (on holiday the rest of the time), but there is no way to make it happen. I know this is supposed to be streamlined, so make the linking/affiliation system more simple but give us some control.

Just came on to say this. I want to get a feeder club for getting work permits and there is no way of doing this.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a few things I miss, particularly in player development - individual training, tutoring, PPMs. Maybe that will become an issue as I get into a long-term save, and I'll go back to the full game. But I certainly don't miss press conferences, team talks, staff hiring, or tactical familiarity.

This ^^

There are also a few things I'd like to be addded which won't harm:

- Tactical analysis tab

- saved game editor with a mass edit feature, so I can nerf all these silly Newgens.

Streamlined (see what I did there?) requests from people I play with and quite a few all over these forums, especially this thread (though it doesn't have everything)

- A dark skin. While I do not care as much, this is being requested a LOT in certain forums and places I visit around the net, as well as a few of the people I play the game with.

- Feeder club control. You want it stream lined? Add the ability to go to a lower team and click on them to add as an affiliate and a set of check boxes to add what kind of affiliate, they can accept or refuse. If this is another human team, let the manager decide. This feature would give those of us here wood. So tired of first option affiliates who never have any real players on them.

- More control over youth teams /academy. This grows? Far too slowly... I can finally confirm it does grow, in 2025 my Accrington team have gone from poor to basic finally after years of making money and competing well in the premiership. This to me is an unacceptable growth. Still generating at most 75 PA players in the Premiership!

- Training can be handled by the assistant but give us the option to train a specific attribute or weakness. This suggestion can remain minimalistic and would probably be a helpful addition? It could be optional as well, so as to not add too much to those who like to not have to worry about training at all.

- Tactical analysis tab (users can ignore it if they don't want to use it). There is a lack of this for those who like it. I wouldn't use it, but it is a popular request!

- Ass.Man arranging friendlies or not. A simple click-able, ESPECIALLY for the reserve team. This does not happen now, I have no idea if is supposed to but it seems to be it would be more streamlined if I didn't have to arrange every damn friendly.

- The ability to pick a match plan and then watch the match. While your AssMan then makes the changes as described in the match plan without me having to do it manually.

- Ability to change PPMs. This suggestion is literally everywhere. Pretty hard to ignore.

- Get the FMC section out from being a sub section... seriously, we are buried in here and there are more FMC players than this forum suggests. I was talking to a lad yesterday over skype who plays it and does not post because he never sees any FMC discussions. Who would even think to look for it here?

- Unlockables need warning and or instructions on what they actually do.

The way I'd like to see individual training done would be with 3 options.

1. Default - training like it is now, focusing on key attributes for the position the player is playing.

2. Train a specific attribute.

3. Learn a PPM.

No setting intensity or anything like that. A simple system that will function exactly like the current one for people who don't care about training, but allow some customization for those of us that do.

This isn't a wish so much as something I wanted to comment on that I truly enjoy in FMC that I hope stays a "feature", no one has mentioned it yet but I LOVE how you can actually keep players together in this game and not have to worry about every player asking for a transfer because they are not playing enough. Thank you! I love having teams of players who stay together for long periods!

Ability to talk to a player with a concern and actually give him a response that would make more sense. E.G. I have two central midfielders who both have slight concerns about the amount of players who can play in his position. I would like to say something along the lines of "We need the competition for places due to the amount of games the club hopes to play over the season. Dont be worried you will all get a chance to play" or something similar. I think you know what im saying.

• Administrators
Ability to talk to a player with a concern and actually give him a response that would make more sense. E.G. I have two central midfielders who both have slight concerns about the amount of players who can play in his position. I would like to say something along the lines of "We need the competition for places due to the amount of games the club hopes to play over the season. Dont be worried you will all get a chance to play" or something similar. I think you know what im saying.

Yep but happinesses in FMC, by design, are all currently treatable by the user without the 'need' to respond. In this case, you'd simply just give the player playing time, if he was a regular he'd soon stop worrying about competition if he is first choice. Alternatively of course, you can sell another player or even himself, depending on the situation.

My experience is that this could happen in certain cases where your squad and formation is in transition. Too many central midfielders when you've been playing a 4-4-2 for example could cause this occur for a particular player. Changing formation to accommodate for the numbers can solve the problem. There's always a chance with players with egos that might still be unhappy, but they'd likely still be unhappy even if you were to 'respond' to their concerns.

Archived