Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

yeah, I can see SI now twiddling their thumbs and drinking coffee but have now rushed back to their desks at seeing your post :)

I'd put this time toward revising for your exams :D Despite several attempts, no-one detailing FM management success on their CV has as a result got a job managing a professional football club.

Good luck with the exams

I wish I could add my CV :)

My first exams finished last week. Second exams will be done 3 weeks later. So I am relax for a couple of weeks. But update didn't come and I can't play yet. Look at the Paul's post. He can't say even which week it will release. So my free weeks can be without FM and I don't want it! If my post's has any chance to determine SI workers, well I used it :)

I have some problems except ME but I am scaring to say them(maybe someone said before, I don't know). I don't want to wait the update much more longer :D

Thanks for your wishes, I hope I can be successful.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bXeYWAK.png

I found this one interesting from my save.

No clear cut chances apparently for either side but somehow I scored a goal out of nothing? Nah it was actually inside the six yard box torres scored a tap in.

Have loads more games like this but will take a lot of time to screenshot and upload and tbh I paid the money for the game and don't think it's up to me to do all the work for you. Same question that I see every single year.......do you still have the same testers that were testing these ggames so terribly years ago when I last played fm?

Looking forward to the patch so I can play the game again.

Edit: Please don't say its my tactics. I have tried my own tactics, I have tried three seperate tactics from the tactics forum and none of them are working at all. Maybe I just don't have the quality with Chelsea to score one of my 30+ shots on goal vs the likes of Norwich, Newcastle, Cardiff etc.

Cardiff are second in my most recent league after ten games and they beat me 5-3 at the bridge. Seems real.

I'm happy enough with the game if I'm honest. Its not perfect though, certainly some issues that are in desperate need of fixing but doesn't make it unplayable. However I'm not exactly happy with how long this update is taking. We're nearly at 3 weeks now since full release and we've had no patch/update.

One thing I've been wondering - has the function to check on job security been removed? What I mean is, can you not sort jobs by the usual insecure/very insecure/precarious status now to see which ones may or may not come available? Big miss if it has been removed, the job security page only seems to show actually available jobs.

Same for me too, thought it had been removed too.

I'm happy enough with the game if I'm honest. Its not perfect though, certainly some issues that are in desperate need of fixing but doesn't make it unplayable. However I'm not exactly happy with how long this update is taking. We're nearly at 3 weeks now since full release and we've had no patch/update.

We never used to get one until xmas, its only last year that we have gotten quicker updates than that.

Outside of this thread our feedback is that this year's game has gone down very well. Yes some people are reporting a lot of shots in certain tactical setups as well as too many goals in some lower leagues but overall we believe the vast majority are happy.

Not that this affects our commitment to provide updates through the months following release. The game is hugely complex and we will never perfect every element of it but you'll never see us slacking off from trying to take it forward.

PaulC, just posting to confirm that there is a vast, silent majority of happy players. I'm one of them. I'm looking forward to the patch, but I am enjoying the current state of the game just fine. I trust SI to release a good patch instead of a quick patch, because you can never have both.

Guys let's just say that the game has serious issues that will be addressed with the upcoming patch and leave the discussion about it being unplayable or not out.

I mean technically it's certainly not unplayable, you can definitely play, but depending on the personal preferences of each individual the existing issues might make it unplayable...or not.

For example for me, the amount of shots and general feel of lower leagues is unrealistic and therefore makes the game "unplayable" for my taste, until that's fixed.

It's certainly working though, it doesn't crash or bug out or anything, so the exact term "unplayable" is not true. :)

I can only assume that because of the length of time this patch/update is taking, and the radio silence or vague updates from from si that there is a issue with this update. For me(only my opinion) this current version is not playable. To many shots & not enough goals, poor defending and rubbish conversion of ccc's is spoiling this version to a point where I am very reluctant to play a football manager manager game for the 1st time ever, and I've played all of them since the original championship manager back in the early 90's when signing platt and gazza would pretty much win you the title.

Come on si I still have faith.

I can only assume that because of the length of time this patch/update is taking, and the radio silence or vague updates from from si that there is a issue with this update.

Which only proves the stupidity of making assumptions about something of which you have absolutely no knowledge at all :)

Not even a word. You asked for it.

Thanks. Now i know. Even though it did come up in several dictionaries. But hey. English is not my native language. Learn something everyday :thup::D

So i guess you're the sado-maso type, you like torturing yourself by doing something you don't enjoy.

Who says I don't enjoy it? It's not black and white.

I might enjoy it less but that doesn't mean i'm not enjoying it :)

We never used to get one until xmas, its only last year that we have gotten quicker updates than that.

Previously, SI had no way to ensure that their customers would actually download and install a patch unless they made them significant milestones a few times a year. With Steam, they could roll out constant fixes if they wanted. In fact, a lot of very successful and beloved developers update their games early and often (think CJProjekt and The Witcher 2, or Valve and TF2/DOTA2).

Of course, those companies don't have to deal with Sega as their publisher and the pressures of churning out yearly releases...

I think there are plenty of good arguments for SI dropping that model and becoming their own 'publisher', but they won't.

Kriss. Last time I checked I was allowed an opinion, and I would like to think that I could share my opinion in a forum. As I believe that it what's it's for, to share ideas and opinions. Thanks

And I'm allowed to express my opinion of your opinion :)

Kriss. Last time I checked I was allowed an opinion, and I would like to think that I could share my opinion in a forum. As I believe that it what's it's for, to share ideas and opinions. Thanks

Paul did say a couple of days ago that they think they are there with regards to the ME, my own personal opinion is they could be waiting to sort other issues outwith the ME in 1 patch, ermm update. :)

Though tbh no-one knows, we just have to be patient.

To all mods, maybe a new forum could be added just for people to have a good moan or gripe about things instead of wasting space on the feedback forum, so far there's been pages upon pages of people moaning but as yet little feedback, as has been stated by a number of people on here if you look at your tactics, you might find the game isn't all that bad.

To all mods, maybe a new forum could be added just for people to have a good moan or gripe about things instead of wasting space on the feedback forum, so far there's been pages upon pages of people moaning but as yet little feedback, as has been stated by a number of people on here if you look at your tactics, you might find the game isn't all that bad.

Received a response regarding your Moderators Application yet? :D

When you say 'forum' I take it you mean 'thread', a new forum could be a bit overkill (awaits someone pointing out the amount of complainers that a new forum may not be enough).

Anyway it never works, you still get the people finding the game fine going in and defending the game and the complainers get even more upset and it leads to all sorts of internet wars and keyboard warriors. :)

No, we want to see the moans and gripes as long as they're not offensive or abusive.

Even if they're misguided gripes we still want to know what they are so we can advise people.

What we Mods should really do is be a bit more ruthless at deleting genuine rubbish, I intend to do so much more effectively in the next feedback thread :)

As somebody else already said, I think you're missing the point of the thread. It's to keep all the riff raff (like me and those you don't want to see) in one place. You have to skim read for feedback.

:) Close this thread and see by sun down tonight whole new threads aplenty that knock anything and everything else off the page, and that's weeks after release.

PaulC, just posting to confirm that there is a vast, silent majority of happy players. I'm one of them. I'm looking forward to the patch, but I am enjoying the current state of the game just fine. I trust SI to release a good patch instead of a quick patch, because you can never have both.
Also perfectly happy with the game here.

Good work SI.

Not sure if this is a bug or known issue, or just the way it is,(ive read from about page 33!) but i have about 3 or 4 really good players in my team each valued about 3 - 5m, of course i dont want to sell them, they are my best players, so i ramped the asking price up to around 20m. Then i started to get bids for around 6/7m for them so i rejected them, then the Ass Man said to increase their value so I stop receiving bids for them. They were already set at 20m, so i put them up again to 30+ but still keep getting bids for them at around the 8m mark, no matter how i refuse the bid - offer isnt good enough/indespensible - or try and negotiate that i want at least 20m for them, the same bids keep coming back at 8m. How do I stop people from bidding. In FM12 (didnt play 13) if you set a high asking price then no one would bid for them

I think both sides of the coin are welcome here providing they are constructive.

In terms of constructive complaints one of the most constructive ways of getting issues resolved is to raise them as bugs, if they haven't been already. Its the bugs forum that will get reviewed the most by SI I would think.

This. at the end of the day, what is wanted is constructive, and well backed up feedback. If its positive great, it can help to tell SI they are on the right track, if its not as positive, thats not great, but it's arguably more important because that can help shape the removal of any issues and weaknesses.

Outside of this thread our feedback is that this year's game has gone down very well. Yes some people are reporting a lot of shots in certain tactical setups as well as too many goals in some lower leagues but overall we believe the vast majority are happy.

If you really think that, you are lying to yourself. I am reading in many forums from different countries and the reaction never was so bad. And these are not only the known people who are complaining every year. These are people who actually loved the game and are really disappointed this year. Its very worrying that you obviously think you would have done a good job. Im sorry but you didnt and if all people from SI have the same spirit like "oh well, 4600 comments in the feedback thread and the vast majority is negative, but whatever, most people are loving it anyway" then you will really get a problem in the future.

If you really think that, you are lying to yourself. I am reading in many forums from different countries and the reaction never was so bad. And these are not only the known people who are complaining every year. These are people who actually loved the game and are really disappointed this year. Its very worrying that you obviously think you would have done a good job. Im sorry but you didnt and if all people from SI have the same spirit like "oh well, 4600 comments in the feedback thread and the vast majority is negative, but whatever, most people are loving it anyway" then you will really get a problem in the future.

The vast majority of comments have been negative on any feedback thread in the history of this game franchise :D That's just the nature of it. Most of the major issues have been identified and are being fixed so I don't see there being a problem like you suggest, at least not to the extent you're implying.

I'm not so sure. Outside of this website I remember 12 was half and half, but eventually was very well liked.

13 was absolutely ripped to shreds even when fully patched.

14 seems half and half again, I thought the beta feedback was more positive than the final game, that seems to be the prevailing thought elsewhere too.

Not sure if this is a bug or known issue, or just the way it is,(ive read from about page 33!) but i have about 3 or 4 really good players in my team each valued about 3 - 5m, of course i dont want to sell them, they are my best players, so i ramped the asking price up to around 20m. Then i started to get bids for around 6/7m for them so i rejected them, then the Ass Man said to increase their value so I stop receiving bids for them. They were already set at 20m, so i put them up again to 30+ but still keep getting bids for them at around the 8m mark, no matter how i refuse the bid - offer isnt good enough/indespensible - or try and negotiate that i want at least 20m for them, the same bids keep coming back at 8m. How do I stop people from bidding. In FM12 (didnt play 13) if you set a high asking price then no one would bid for them

Its not a bug and its not an issue

Its exactly the same in real life isn't it that teams will want to buy better players, the game simulates this also. In the same way players will often want to play for better teams or maybe teams that pay them more money. If you want a better chance of keeping a player then maybe offer him a new contract

Ramping up the price too much will often result in players getting upset. In addition other clubs aren't always that stupid

The game is getting better so in the in statement you mention above I'd say its improved and that "cheat" perhaps is now prevented :)

It's a hysterical hyperbole. Rightly or wrongly people will not be taken seriously if they can't bring themselves to avoid these.

playable (definition)

1. (of a sports field) in good enough condition to play on

2. able to be played

3. good enough to play

4. able to be acted

So no, it is not a fact that the game is playable. In reality, with the current version of FM it partially depends on how people want to play the game if it is deemed playable. For instance, ask LLM players. Many will tell you that the current version is unplayable for them. While you're at it, ask people from Sweden who want to play their home league.

I disagree with you with all my body and soul. In my opinion the feedback this year so far has been quite constructive and mixed. Which is very good for FM feedback thread standards. The feedback thread after the first FM with 3D was released was far more negative and downright abusive and insulting. Especially because people kept confusing the match engine with the visual representation of it. Plus that 3D had higher system requirements than earlier versions.

It is easily good enough to play. If your definition is that some people disagree, then no game in history has been playable. I'm on 450 hours played already, and would hardly have done that if it wasn't even good enough to play at all.

Opinions differ.

I think you're a bit excitable here.

Yes, there are 4,600+ posts in this thread. Not all are negative, and an awfully high proportion are the same users or mods posting multiple times.

It is a well known fact that people with "less favourable" feedback tend to more proactively voice their opinions than those who are content, so don't take the relative proportions in here to be indicative of a general trend.

To give some sort of context; this forum has just shy of 200,000 active accounts.

Not all of them will be regular posters, but that number is a fact, which you can see yourself at the footer of the main page

4,600 posts (even with all the duplicates) is a small percentage of 200,000 (2.3%). Even if you half that 200,000 or take 10% of it, 4,600 (including duplicates) relative to 100,000 (4.6%) or 20,000 (23%) does not reflect a majority opinion.

Furthermore, there are 2,600 people online in this forum right now.

This is the most populous area in terms of posting traffic, so why haven't the majority of those users all posted their feedback in this thread?

I disagree with you with all my body and soul. In my opinion the feedback this year so far has been quite constructive and mixed. Which is very good for FM feedback thread standards. The feedback thread after the first FM with 3D was released was far more negative and downright abusive and insulting. Especially because people kept confusing the match engine with the visual representation of it. Plus that 3D had higher system requirements than earlier versions.

Off topic again, but that's simplifying it. I remember it well, what happened was that SI kept assuring people pre-release that the game would run perfectly fine in 2D if their computers weren't capable of handling the 3D. What actually happened was that it wouldn't even start if you didn't have a reasonably up to date hardware. Plus the 2D that on the surface was the same as it always had been was jerky as hell on all but the most capable machines. Then there was all the hoo-hah with the absolutely horrible DRM software and the activation process that had people waiting for days before they could actually play it. Now that's what you call unplayable.

It is easily good enough to play. If your definition is that some people disagree, then no game in history has been playable. I'm on 450 hours played already, and would hardly have done that if it wasn't even good enough to play at all.

Technically, it is good enough for sure. Bur for me it is all about the immersion. So if my full back and best player on paper consistently gets 5 or less in rating, it just ruins it for me. So I am waiting for the patch before picking it up again.

I think you're a bit excitable here.

Yes, there are 4,600+ posts in this thread. Not all are negative, and an awfully high proportion are the same users or mods posting multiple times.

It is a well known fact that people with "less favourable" feedback tend to more proactively voice their opinions than those who are content, so don't take the relative proportions in here to be indicative of a general trend.

To give some sort of context; this forum has just shy of 200,000 active accounts.

Not all of them will be regular posters, but that number is a fact, which you can see yourself at the footer of the main page

4,600 posts (even with all the duplicates) is a small percentage of 200,000 (2.3%). Even if you half that 200,000 or take 10% of it, 4,600 (including duplicates) relative to 100,000 (4.6%) or 20,000 (23%) does not reflect a majority opinion.

Furthermore, there are 2,600 people online in this forum right now.

This is the most populous area in terms of posting traffic, so why haven't the majority of those users all posted their feedback in this thread?

815 unique posters in this thread at the time of your posting, 346 have posted only once.

There are 31,143 people playing this game at this very minute.

And opinions can be wrong.

So, all the opinions that the game is not good enough are wrong and the others are right? :D

Come on people, we've also payed for the game (well at least I did), we're not just arguing for the fun of it...

We've got issues and for some of us they are important enough to make the game not enjoyable.

And personally I didn't have such an issue with any previous version.

It's a matter of taste as I said before, some people might not value realism in their FM game so highly as others for example, it's absolutely acceptable.

But no need to make the rest seem like ignorant fools, just because they've got issues (if of course they're expressing them in a normal manner)

Threads/forums. Post ideas/opinions/criticise/praise. If you like what you read great, if you don't read the next one. If we all had the same opinion what a boring place this would be. I love the old championship manager and the new football manager format, it's a great way to waste a day. I'm just a bit disappointed with the game in its current state( opinion ), but I still have faith that the si team will get it right on the night(hopefully tonight).

When you say 'forum' I take it you mean 'thread', a new forum could be a bit overkill (awaits someone pointing out the amount of complainers that a new forum may not be enough).

Anyway it never works, you still get the people finding the game fine going in and defending the game and the complainers get even more upset and it leads to all sorts of internet wars and keyboard warriors. :)

Erm was tongue firmly in cheek lol :p

Off topic again, but that's simplifying it. I remember it well, what happened was that SI kept assuring people pre-release that the game would run perfectly fine in 2D if their computers weren't capable of handling the 3D. What actually happened was that it wouldn't even start if you didn't have a reasonably up to date hardware. Plus the 2D that on the surface was the same as it always had been was jerky as hell on all but the most capable machines. Then there was all the hoo-hah with the absolutely horrible DRM software and the activation process that had people waiting for days before they could actually play it. Now that's what you call unplayable.

Thanks for making my point even more clear, bigger and better :) My point being that this edition isn't anywhere near as 'unplayable' as earlier editions. Earlier editions were LITERALLY unplayable for some people.

It's been a day shy of three weeks since release and there is still no update. Instead what we are told is that our moaning is insignificant and the vast majority are enjoying the game. Fair enough. What is being forgotten however is that forum users, the people that actually take the time out to post on the official forums, are often the most ardent lovers/supporters of the game. I honestly don't like forums that much(As I type more than enough in school) but i have hundred plus posts in here and that is a mere fraction of most other users i see. Very poor show guys.

Archived