Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

reading some reviews say that the ME has better than 2013, but still bugs at some points. I think I will wait till SI fix all the bugs, then will buy the game.

last year I didn't read reviews and bought fm13 so quickly, and that's my mistake. I found a lot of bugs, a lot in Match Engine of fm2013, then did not play it anymore. So I'm hoping this year will be better. I'm a fan of FM since I play CM03-04

Let’s get this straight the ME is not broken but it does need some TLC, its difficult we all understand that, it’s not like you can just have a few quiet words and the defending gets better or the one on ones become realistic, in essence it’s a mathematical model, every tweak made has a knock on effect, so get one thing right and it can throw another out. Now I guess some people don’t care if there are 30 plus shots in a game or that the pressing isn’t right or you can’t score from one on ones, just as long as it’s an even contest and it’s not too hard to succeed. However, what I think most of us want is realism, it’s a fantasy world, we want to immerse ourselves in it, if we wanted shallow with hot match graphics and teams playing like the Harlem Globetrotters of football in every match, tricks, flicks and step over’s, we would spend our money on FIFA. I’m sure a lot of people want a patch ASAP; personally I’d rather wait and get it right.

One thing I don’t want is that when legitimately pointing outs faults by using my own results to demonstrate the problems, is to then have my points dismissed as taking things out of context, when in fact what I was doing was to use those three games to point out genuine problems with the ME, if it was three matches in isolation then obviously these things can happen in real life but anyone who has played the game for a while knows that it’s a genuine problem with the games ability to simulate real football not a blip.

Oh maaaaan. I'm gonna hate writing this but i've got to agree, the transfer and match rating bugs are bad. I've been playing my Wigan save for just over an hour and i've been affected by both. Emerson Boyce has decided to forget what he's learnt in his previous 450+ professional apps and started to play football like Bubb out of 'Dawn of the Dead', and Aston Villa have just unsettled my best player James McLean by bidding an a bank-busting......75k for him!

Sheesh...

Omg, thats not the point. The point is that the ME isn`t working properly, it`s even further from normal then in the Beta. And the point is that a waste majority of your customers, worldwide, state the same and experience the same issues. To the point it can`t be a coinsidence.

It seems your in denial and defending a game full of bugs :p. Weird way to handle this m8. Shouldn`t you just say you recognize the feedback and the fact the game is pretty bugged atm, but it will be sorted out, and be fixed in a later patch?!

You shouldn`t take this personal m8. It`s the same game we all love, and if it was flawless, we, amongst thousands of others, wouldn`t have this conversation now, would we?! What we all want is:

1. State what`s wrong

2. SI fix it

3. All happy

On SI Games job postings, is there a warning stating "WARNING: Thick Skin Required." If someone came into my place of work and took this kind of tone with me about a project I had put my heart and sweat into for several months because it was not "flawless" I would lose my mind and say unspeakable things to them. PaulC, hats off to you for your composure.

On FM2014, I've chosen a database consisting of 139,000 players. It said i had passed the recommended limit of 125,000. I have 16GB Ram, I7 3xxx Processor. Would that be sufficient enough, or is there a special 64-Bit version of FM2014 i need to load up

On FM2014, I've chosen a database consisting of 139,000 players. It said i had passed the recommended limit of 125,000. I have 16GB Ram, I7 3xxx Processor. Would that be sufficient enough, or is there a special 64-Bit version of FM2014 i need to load up

I do not know if that will be sufficient enoguh, but I do know that there is no 64-bit version of Football Manager 2014.

I'd rather they worked on full backs marking/ratings first. There's a reject button to sort the transfer offer mess out.

Problem is when you reject a transfer from a team in a better league or a bigger team the player gets un happy, this affects the ratings and team moral.

Sorry to state the obvious, but why not play the demo and decide for yourself? Our experiences are all bound to be subjective and may not reflect the average performance for the game as a whole.

If you don't want to answer me, that's fine, but what's the point of your comment?

I choose not to spend 20 hours playing test games so I can see if these issues are corrected (from everything I hear, they are not) People can choose to answer me or not. There is no requirement that I play the demo for me to ask questions about how a game plays, just as there is no requirement for people to answer if they don't want to.

Problem is when you reject a transfer from a team in a better league or a bigger team the player gets un happy, this affects the ratings and team moral.

Agreed. Both bugs are as critical as the other.

On a positive note though, FM14 runs like lightning this year and looks gorgeous. Once Paul C has done his magic fixing the bugs I think us FM addicts may be playing the best FM since the franchise began.

Do what some of my friends do, buy the game after the February patch. Cheaper and much less bugs

Thats an option but you can say that about anything

At £30 given the amount of time you'll spend playing it - its already a bargain

I think there is a limit if you only have windows 32 bit.

Some questions for those that already have the game and have been playing for awhile.

I had these same questions about the Beta and was told no, these had not been fixed:

1) Are their more goals from outside the box, compared to 2013 when they were extremely rare?

2) Are their more goals off direct Free Kicks? I'd only see a couple a season in 2013.

3) Are their fewer goals off corners? Even without a routine, it wouldn't be that unusual for me to have a CB with 10 goals in a season and normal for a couple with 5.

4) Are the tackles, headers and interception numbers closer to their real life norms or are they still double like in 2013.

IMHO

1) - I've scored some peaches from outside of box. I find the new tactics set up makes it easier for you to get the right players pinging them from outside the box.

2) - I've scored a realistic amount of FK's on FM14. They definitely do happen depending on how the AI team are set up to play.

3) - There's still quite a few goals scored by your CB's if i'm honest. My CB's at Pompey were bagging a goal every 6 or so games.

4) - The ME looks decent this year and is a definite improvement from FM2013. There is currently a player ratings / full back bug in the ME but otherwise it's solid.

Hope this helps

I'm playing today, and my team had a decent run of results - including beating Real Madrid over two legs and beating Arsenal away. I praised in both games, and the players all gave positive responses, yet their morale had collectively dropped from superb to very good, or very good to good, and it has been consistently dropping ever since - even when it had seemingly no reason to. We were winning games, yet morale kept on dropping.

Now morale is collectively poor. Why? I don't know. We were top of the league and still winning despite not playing brilliantly like earlier in the season, yet now morale dropped until everyone had an orange arrow. Since then, we cannot score or win a game. Despite having the best attacking record in the league and focusing on team attacking training and att. movement, we haven't created a single CCC in three games. All three games have been against teams in the lower half of the table, who we should be comfortably beating. The players aren't tired and we're not suffering from too many injuries. Now, we've thrown away a ten point lead, and the squad has very poor morale.

FYI, I make it a point to watch every single game the whole way through. I like the immersion of it, and I like the challenge or having to adapt tactically when you see certain things not working. It works for me, too. We won 18 of first 20 league games (we drew the other two), and, until today, we were ten points clear at the top of the table. I'm using the same system I've been using all season, with a slight change here or there, and it has been working excellently. I'm confident it's not my tactics at fault here.

Has anybody else had problems with the team morale dropping for seemingly no reason? Or has there been an update overnight or something?

I think there is a limit if you only have windows 32 bit.

I have 64-bit Windows Ultimate. Do you reckon i can run the game without it crashing later?

I started playing today, and my team had a decent run of results - including beating Real Madrid over two legs and beating Arsenal away. I praised in both games, and the players all gave positive responses, yet their morale had collectively dropped from superb to very good, or very good to good, and it has been consistently dropping ever since - even when it had seemingly no reason to. We were winning games, yet morale kept on dropping.

Now morale is collectively poor. Why? I don't know. We were top of the league and still winning despite not playing brilliantly like earlier in the season, yet now morale dropped until everyone had an orange arrow. Since then, we cannot score or win a game. Despite having the best attacking record in the league and focusing on team attacking training and att. movement, we haven't created a single CCC in three games. All three games have been against teams in the lower half of the table, who we should be comfortably beating. The players aren't tired and we're not suffering from too many injuries. Now, we've thrown away a ten point lead, and the squad has very poor morale.

FYI, I make it a point to watch every single game the whole way through. I like the immersion of it, and I like the challenge or having to adapt tactically when you see certain things not working. It works for me, too. We won 18 of first 20 league games (we drew the other two), and, until today, we were ten points clear at the top of the table. I'm using the same system I've been using all season, with a slight change here or there, and it has been working excellently. I'm confident it's not my tactics at fault here.

Has anybody else had problems with the team morale dropping for seemingly no reason? Or has there been an update overnight or something?

I wonder if the match rating bug is affecting you?

ok, Transfer system is needs major work there's no point even trying to sell a player in most cases.

When managing Coventry it was impossible for me to sell a player even thought I was 10k a week over wage budget and needed to make cuts because the administrator was controlling my transfer activity and players that were worth 500k I was receiving bids of 24k what he would automatically turn down.

is that constructive eniught for you.

is it major work or just one fix?

I personally find in life if that if you speak to people in the proper way that they will respnd in a proper way. Once you get a reputation for doing the opposite people will not listen or perhaps simply ignore you.

We are all in the same boat waiting and wanting the fix. By the way it sdid sound really constructive until the last 6 words ;)

I have 64-bit Windows Ultimate. Do you reckon i can run the game without it crashing later?

Sorry I'm not techy I just read that somewhere there was a cap of I think 125,000 players on windows 32bit. Sorry I can't be more of a help but maybe someone on this forum can give you an answer.

is it major work or just one fix?

I personally find in life if that if you speak to people in the proper way that they will respnd in a proper way. Once you get a reputation for doing the opposite people will not listen or perhaps simply ignore you.

We are all in the same boat waiting and wanting the fix. By the way it sdid sound really constructive until the last 6 words ;)

Yes the last six words was regarding a previous post that was deleted for having a pop at the mods. And even though I thought that post was I believe constructive to have a pop at the mods because I was wound up by the transfer issue not being fixed was wrong so I will post an official apology to Kris's and madsheep SOZ! Please note that people are only getting wound up cus there are major gamebreaking issues what are preventing people from playing.

It's strange, IMO, that they could release patches to fix bugs during the "beta" and now when the full game is out and everybody paid for the game they say that there will be no patch in the next few days? Job isnt done guys. There are game breaking bugs which didn't exist before few days until release. We al paid for the game so we have right to give our opinion and expecting an game which is ready to play. And now it isn't at all..

Just my two cents

Agreed. Both bugs are as critical as the other.

On a positive note though, FM14 runs like lightning this year and looks gorgeous. Once Paul C has done his magic fixing the bugs I think us FM addicts may be playing the best FM since the franchise began.

Agreed it should be great.

I think people just get upset because a) Every year there seems to be major bugs on release b) We all wait patiently for the new FM so when there's problems we feel let down.

I must add that I'm sure everyone involved feels the same as us and they want it to be great (probably more so as they've put in all the work).

First preseaon game as United, I win 19-0. I have 57 shots, with 33 of them on target. One opposition player had a rating of 0,3.. another 0,5.. never seen so low before :o

Granted opposition was a team called Llansantffraid, very low rep team.

Yeah, you really shouldn't draw many conclusions from preseason friendlies against terrible opposition. Wait until your tactics are learned and you've played 10-15 games against competitive opposition before talking about ME problems. And even 15-20 games is a pretty tiny sample size.

If you don't want to answer me, that's fine, but what's the point of your comment?

I choose not to spend 20 hours playing test games so I can see if these issues are corrected (from everything I hear, they are not) People can choose to answer me or not. There is no requirement that I play the demo for me to ask questions about how a game plays, just as there is no requirement for people to answer if they don't want to.

Steady on there Erith, I'm not having a go. I thought I was perfectly reasonable. Anyone playing is going to have a different perspective of your issues as a direct result of how they set up their team, aren't they?

There's no requirement for you to do anything (other than act with civility in the forums), I just thought you'd get a better idea of thnigs from your perspective if you played the demo. Isn't that what it's for?

In my game, and I stress this is mine only, I've seen plenty of long shots being scored as I have Darron Gibson who I want to make use of, not so many direct free kicks being scored despite Leighton Baines' best efforts. No comment to make on the last two.

Eh, just making sure they get all the main bugs fixed, and test everything before releasing? As you say, the game is now live so they cannot send a patch out without proper testing for the community to do bug reporting on. I would say that this is pretty standard procedure.

I am very happy with the editor - the inclusion of advanced editing is going to please a lot of people (evidently myself included) so I thought I would give a shout out to that. I look forward to using it properly (holiday weekend in France!).

In terms of the game, I am in general very satisfied. I have found it far easier to set a team up to play how I want. And it looks superb (except that black box for tactics on the tactics screen!) I find that sometimes the moral drop after a loss is extreme, but that could be the way I handle the team talks and press afterwards. I am usually pretty harsh if I think the team did badly. I also notice people put in stupid bids for players - usually 2 or 3 times lower than their value. Now I know I can set a value myself but often this upsets players if they think it is too high (which sometimes it is if I do not want to sell, other times it is not). Perhaps it is normal for teams to try to unsettle players in this way.

Looking forward to future updates and improvements!

Yes the last six words was regarding a previous post that was deleted for having a pop at the mods. And even though I thought that post was I believe constructive to have a pop at the mods because I was wound up by the transfer issue not being fixed was wrong so I will post an official apology to Kris's and madsheep SOZ! Please note that people are only getting wound up cus there are major gamebreaking issues what are preventing people from playing.

No worries, we are all a little disappointed with the transfer and full back issues (I think these are the key ones) and unfortunately frustration does get the better of us some times. Problem with posts is that we can't infer any feeling and so sometimes thay can appears as flamers

I think we just have to wait unfortunately.....hopefully its not a long one

Nope can't play it, fullbacks are killing it for me. Two different saves and my right backs are just awful. The BETA was great up until the last update, was flying high with Spurs winning major honors with the greatest right back regen I've ever had. Then the update came and turned him in to a donkey and my champions of europe changed in to a mid table team at best! Two different saves today (Supposed to be working but fortunate enough to have my own office) and I wish I was working instead. I feel for you guys who make it I really do, I'd hate to work so hard on something and have loads of people bashing me because it's not right. But I can't bring myself to start another game when it's like this.

And yet, I get none of these issues. Go figure.

Honestly, same here. I do enjoy a good moan, but apart from the bad player ratings for the fullbacks, not seeing much else wrong apart from the usual niggly issues regarding shooting.

By the way, any of you folks have trouble offloading deadwood? I'm playing as Newcastle and impossible for me to sell Steven Taylor for 1 m and Simao for 1 m during winter transfer window. I've reported it already but just wondering if anyone else has difficulties selling?

It seems as if it was the 14.1.1 update that caused most of the gamebreaking bugs is there anyway si could release some sort of patch that could regress the game to the update before this or maybe put something in the steam workshop that could give people the option of doing this.

It seems as if it was the 14.1.1 update that caused most of the gamebreaking bugs is there anyway si could release some sort of patch that could regress the game to the update before this or maybe put something in the steam workshop that could give people the option of doing this.

I second this.

By the way, any of you folks have trouble offloading deadwood? I'm playing as Newcastle and impossible for me to sell Steven Taylor for 1 m and Simao for 1 m during winter transfer window. I've reported it already but just wondering if anyone else has difficulties selling?

Yeah can't give Gabi or Raul Garcia away.

Honestly, same here. I do enjoy a good moan, but apart from the bad player ratings for the fullbacks, not seeing much else wrong apart from the usual niggly issues regarding shooting.

Yeah id put myself in the same boat. The full back ratings, at some points, are really strange, but if my team plays well most finish above a 7 so i can live with that. Not had the transfer issue at all, im currently turning down bids of £600k for a player valued at £190k so that seems about right, not really bought anyone as i have no money, but i have got a few free's signed up. Outwith the crossing/heading thing i really enjoy the ME, it looks more like football than it ever has done imo.

i'm finding the full version a lot less playable than the beta

transfer values are really weird which didn't come up too much in the demo for me

but mainly this issue with the fullbacks where their slight over-rating has been slaughtered and now come out of every game with appalling ratings

i'm also finding it much more difficutl to get positive reactions from teamtalks or keep moral up in any way- again wasn't an issue for me in the demo

some of this might be coincidences....but I sailed through my beta games and just finding my new save on the full version very frustrating

Is very strange that some are not getting the transfer bug, I play in the lower leagues and every penny is vital for me, I am trying to sell players who are valued at say 120k, I am asking for 60k but the offers that do come in are for 3.5k and even bids of 0 are quite common place.

That along with the fullbacks do make the game quite unplayable.

I love, as many of you do, to rebuild my team but I can't very well give my players away and still rebuild.

Both my saves will have to stay on hold for now, a shame as the Leipzig save looks really good and it is also the first time I have ever ventured into a German League save, was really looking forward to it.

Personally I blame PaulC for maybe having that 2 hours sleep in the early hours when he could have been working on the game. :D

I had an offer for £19M for Zabaleta (valued (£19M) so I tell them gimme £20M and we got a deal. They then come back with a £1.2M offer with no clauses or anything. I refuse the ludicrous offer. A few days later they are back with a new bid of a whopping £450k. WTF.

25gukvb.jpg

I saw another wierd thing on the same save. It was a mess around game. When I as Man City bid £1M for Portsmouth players the bid was acctually just £250k when Portsmouth recived it. When I bid £2.5M the bid was only 500k, and when I bid 20M the bid was acctually just £3.3M when I recived the bid at Portsmouth.

Edit: The game was generated with 14.1.1 and continued with 14.1.2

The low transfer offers issue is something we are aware of and it is being investigated.

The examples that have been mentioned in this thread are far more extreme than anything we have seen internally.

If you haven't already done so could you close the game down and clear your cache. When you load the game back up could you please let us know if the problem persists.

If it is still present then would someone mind uploading a save game to the FTP from just before one of these low bids are made.

Details on how to clear your cache can be found here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Details on how to upload a save game can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368795

Cheers,

Ben

Don't know if this has been covered anywhere... but on my list of allowed staff I have 'Trial 1 staff' instead of (I presume) Under 18 staff. This was since setting up a trial day. Surely that's not meant to happen?

I am using the game through steam the full version downloaded like in a couple of seconds, is that right?

If your version number is 14.1.2 then you're good to go. Check from 'About Football Manager' from the FM Menu, or in the Title Bar towards the upper left of the screen from the 'Preferences' section on the Main Menu.

Is very strange that some are not getting the transfer bug, I play in the lower leagues and every penny is vital for me, I am trying to sell players who are valued at say 120k, I am asking for 60k but the offers that do come in are for 3.5k and even bids of 0 are quite common place.

I love, as many of you do, to rebuild my team but I can't very well give my players away and still rebuild.

That was true in FM2013 I always start in the lower leagues, try and play in a sort of career progression but you can’t sell perfectly good players, you can be riding high, have players getting really good averages yet nobody is even so much as scouting them, let alone trying to buy them.

Hi guys I just played Chelsea and I was playing as Arsenal the match stats was really ridiculous (chelsea shots on goal 22) (shots on target 11) (arsenal shots on goal 0) (arsenal shots on target 0) is anyone experiencing this same sort of problem. The game seems pretty realistic when playing against the smaller clubs but when you play against the bigger clubs it's just seems too unrealistic as you can tell by the match stats the ball was rarely in their final third.

Both my saves will have to stay on hold for now, a shame as the Leipzig save looks really good and it is also the first time I have ever ventured into a German League save, was really looking forward to it.

Personally I blame PaulC for maybe having that 2 hours sleep in the early hours when he could have been working on the game. :D

I think the transfer issue may not be a problem for people if they have cleared out their cache before starting a new game, perhaps people who don't have a problem can confirm if this is the case

PS I doubt PaulC has any sleep and wont be having any until the fixes are ready :D

Not got the game yet because I'm waiting to see if there are any major bugs, since I'm low on cash. That being said, I think people need to stop being so harsh. The transfer bug is the only bug that really shouldn't have gotten through testing, everything else seems like an annoyance that will be patched with a few weeks.

Not got the game yet because I'm waiting to see if there are any major bugs, since I'm low on cash. That being said, I think people need to stop being so harsh. The transfer bug is the only bug that really shouldn't have gotten through testing, everything else seems like an annoyance that will be patched with a few weeks.

As you said you don't have the game but you are willing to tell people what is wrong with the game and that other things are just an annoyance? I mean really?

This is the sort of post that just winds people up.

FYI the fullbacks bug is also making the game unplayable and should not have made it through to the full release.

I think the transfer issue may not be a problem for people if they have cleared out their cache before starting a new game, perhaps people who don't have a problem can confirm if this is the case

PS I doubt PaulC has any sleep and wont be having any until the fixes are ready :D

I manually deleted my cache in windows, but kept playing the same save game, i only cleared it to see if it would sort the extra continue i was experiencing, but my transfers seem to be working ok, im getting good bids for players, although i havent tried offering anyone out that i could get a good offer for, ill try tonight.

FYI the fullbacks bug is also making the game unplayable and should not have made it through to the full release.

There is no "fullbacks bug". The ME is a complex thing where even small adjustments can have radical, unexpected knock-on effects and finetuning across hundreds of games for thousands of permutations is an unenviable task.

There are probably a number of things that are resulting in awful full back play, and "fixing" them may cause problems elsewhere that in turn need to be tuned and balanced.

There is no "fullbacks bug". The ME is a complex thing where even small adjustments can have radical, unexpected knock-on effects and finetuning across hundreds of games for thousands of permutations is an unenviable task.

There are probably a number of things that are resulting in awful full back play, and "fixing" them may cause problems elsewhere that in turn need to be tuned and balanced.

Bug error whatever you want to call it.

Yeah I hold my hands up over the player ratings, as particularly the full backs at lower levels do rate too low. We are working on a ME update that will address this and one or two other areas in the coming weeks.