Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

know how you feel bud had 1 hour gameplay this year just carnt get in to it my love affair with the game is over least si have made the mrs happy this year

1 hour :D, the mind truly boggles, I hadn't even played a match after an hour.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a small and admittedly insignificant issue but Man City never play with their home shirt + black away socks and shorts as a strip in real life (they would wear the black shirt) yet they do it very often on FM14 and I can't change that in the editor for some reason. Kind of ruining my immersion.

anyone has problems with team morales??

i'm having a 5 games winless streak AGAIN, having lost to everton, man u and arsenal on the trot. drew with swansea and had a terrible trashing against soton.

the team morale were okay/fairly poor after the match. before the next match against norwich, everything turned to poor/abysmal.

what the hell is wrong?!!?! i had a 3 games win streak at the start of the season, it seems to be a repeat of last season again wtf.

This is a small and admittedly insignificant issue but Man City never play with their home shirt + black away socks and shorts as a strip in real life (they would wear the black shirt) yet they do it very often on FM14 and I can't change that in the editor for some reason. Kind of ruining my immersion.

Please post in the Bugs forum (ME section) with a Pkm and screenshot.

The short corner 'exploit' is the most powerful.

Set your corners to 'short', set your best striker to 'come short' and you've just gifted him a 15 goal 'head start' for the season.

Please 'nerf' this in the update:herman:

The problem is actually that the corners are under hit and no defender gets near to picking it up.

Of course.

Last year I got into 2 or 3 'debates' with that MacZidane guy, or whatever he was called!

I am never getting that time back, not ever!

It's fun though. Plus, I assume the mods will take the stance they did against MacZidane and rightly remove DD for the good of the board.

What is so special about playing 343? Don't recall Roma playing that?

I don't know who was their manager at that time (it was season 3 or 4 or something) but they used Erik Lamela as a wide midfielder in an attacking 343 tactic - but he played excellently defensively anyways. He has no defensive capabilities at all but still controlled the wingers I was using (remnants from the earlier super winger bugs) at the same time as he posed a great offensive threat. No matter what I did to exploit the inherent weakness of that 343 (the flanks), it didn't work.

So I made one myself and never looked back. My wide midfielders in this tactic, who should really be "complete wing-backs" in real life are all-out-attack-focused wingers/inside forwards, but tackle and mark like pro full backs when the opponent attacks on the flanks. They also appear to get speed and work rate boosts to the degree they almost seem to teleport up and down the flanks. I can hear the sound over the crowd "woooooshhh wwwwwooooooooosssh". I guess they have to do this to make 343 and 352 variants viable, since lateral movement in the ME is still not very realistic.

1 hour :D, the mind truly boggles, I hadn't even played a match after an hour.

Takes me an hour just to set up tactics, get friendlies and bring in my own management team, plus trolling through the European leagues for hidden gems of players I can pick up for a snip(playing as Hibernian, you have to spend money wisely)

The problem is actually that the corners are under hit and no defender gets near to picking it up.

I believe that is a seperate issue.

I'm talking about when the human player sets his corner instruction to 'short', the corner taker passes it 10 feet to the striker who you have set to 'come short', who then angles into the penalty area and drills it in the bottom corner unopposed.

If you are in the latter stages of testing a new ME update and you are not aware of this I would be very concerned.

Try it yourself, watch 1 match on extended highlights and you will see what I mean.

I'm talking about when the human player sets his corner instruction to 'short', the corner taker passes it 10 feet to the striker who you have set to 'come short', who then angles into the penalty area and drills it in the bottom cornern unopposed.

If you are in the latter stages of testing a new ME update and you are not aware of this I would be very concerned.

You're confusing Kriss for someone who works at SI.

I am assuming you did flag this issue though? That said pretty sure I've seen it mentioned before.

You're confusing Kriss for someone who works at SI.

I am assuming you did flag this issue though? That said pretty sure I've seen it mentioned before.

Apologies Kriss, but i thought you guys would be 'in the know' in terms of what was being worked on.

Fingers crossed, I hope its being looked at.

I'm talking about when the human player sets his corner instruction to 'short', the corner taker passes it 10 feet to the striker who you have set to 'come short', who then angles into the penalty area and drills it in the bottom corner unopposed.

Try it yourself, watch 1 match on extended highlights and you will see what I mean.

Yeh, mistook which problem you were on about, you'll find both in the bugs forum if you look, it doesn't matter what I'm aware of :D

I think the only issue I see here consistently is the fact that a superior team will get 30 shots in, 14 of them will be on target and they'll lose 2-0.

I've seen this pop up not only here but every other community site. So the question is what is the reason for this to happen? It can't be random because I've seen it happen to me 5 games in a row.

I think the only issue I see here consistently is the fact that a superior team will get 30 shots in, 14 of them will be on target and they'll lose 2-0.

I've seen this pop up not only here but every other community site. So the question is what is the reason for this to happen? It can't be random because I've seen it happen to me 5 games in a row.

There's not A reason there are several involved in this, once the ME reasons are resolved it'll be possible to address the user reasons better.

There's not A reason there are several involved in this, once the ME reasons are resolved it'll be possible to address the user reasons better.

Maybe it's an idea to list all the current ME reasons/problems and maybe even add it at the start post so people know it's known and being dealt with.

Currently I've seen on this forum and responds to the:

- full backs: marking/defending/...

- goalkeeper: diving in penalty box/first post defending/...

- one team getting a lot more shots still lose 2-0 to a team with max 5 shots

I think one list with all known (bigger) issues could possible avoid having the same topics over and over. Currently you have to look if it already excist, which people don't do and sometimes the same problem is explained in another way.

This is not a match engine problem. It may be influenced by a number of match engine problems working in tandem, but with a solid tactic and a good team it will happen very rarely.

I didn't mean to state it's solely due the match engine, but it goes hand in hand with it like you said. Currently it's happening a bit too comon.

(to be honest, it's one of the things that barely happens to me. I'm rather someone who wants to slap my defenders because they look scared of the ball and aren't trying to win it from an opponent. Tackle damit.

Bad tactics is indeed a problem several here have. But in real life I bet backs/defenders wouldn't look like drooling derbs staring at the ball and not trying to win it. :p

I berated FM last season and was very unhappy with my purchase, that was until the final patch when I really started to enjoy it and got more than my money's worth. For me, in the last 3 years, the initial release has been flawed to say the least, only to be patched really well by the last patch. The trouble is, by the time the games has been tweaked and perfected, it's selling in a 50-75% sale on steam. I'm not rushing out to buy on the first day again from SI, I feel their software isn't tested enough on release. Saying that, I will almost definitely purchase by the final patch depending on what people on these forums are saying.

Same here. It's long been obvious that only the last patch makes the game even remotely enjoyable, so I've stopped being a Day 1 purchaser since '11, and skipped '13 altogether (the feedback here was still too poor). From what I can read here it looks like a 50-50 proposition I will buy '14 next spring.

Correct me if I am wrong but in gaming terms, AI has hit a bit of a brick wall - In fact, in computer science in general.

Considering that FM relies purely on AI it's quite an achievement that there's a game at all.

I know capitalism and consumerism won't allow it, but I wish SI would give themselves GTA style breaks between releases. (Maybe a little shorter!) Imagine how good the game would be then...

Last time they rushed out a patch due to demand in these forums was about Nov / Dec 2012. It was a disaster and made the ME awful. This happened, I think, because of insufficient testing time.

Hence, I'd much rather SI take their time with the patches and thoroughly test them to make sure that each one is a solid improvement on the game.

Have to say that while there are still some issues, on the whole its perfectly playable and produces some decent football. Its really not far from being an excellent ME IMO.

This. I remember that christmas patch. That was so bad lol :D

We are still on schedule to have a game around january like last year. GG WP SI

I don't have any problem with FM being difficult. Only 1 out of every 10 seasons do I manage to get Everton better results in the game than they get IRL. The problem is that, if and when I inevitably drop form for a few months, I get sacked and have to start all over again from Season 1 :( They should have an option where you can play without sacking. That way it can still be both a simulation (realistic) and a game (I get to try again when I don't do well). Then I would be allowed to suck without having to reload to keep my job. Because after being sacked like 50 times, it gets tiring to start again. And no, I don't want to play with another team. And yes, I am putting in a lot of effort to improve at this game.

Everyone wants a good patch logically. But is it justified to wait for a decent one two months after they released the game? My opinion, no. You buy the game after all not to wait for two months to wait major issues are solved. (or even 'til march according to some)

If they really want to make the patch right and take time for it, they should at least release hotfixes for the smaller issues during.

Luckely reading that quote from PaulC it doesn't look we'll have to wait 'till december or even januari.

Should certainly be possible in a week for a hotfixsmall patch. Enough other games that show that.

FM is a lot more complicated than 'other' games, rushing out hotfixes would most likely just cause more problems than they would fix.

It is best they don't rush it and release a very good update.

FM is a lot more complicated than 'other' games, rushing out hotfixes would most likely just cause more problems than they would fix.

It is best they don't rush it and release a very good update.

That is just a ridiculous statement to claim fm is a lot more complicated than other games. We're not talking about tetris here.

Give one good, non silly reason why football manager would be a lot more complicated than games for example as civilization, total war games, europa universalis. I understand some love football manager much, so do I. But don't defend to the absurd like it's your child no-one can say anything bad about.

I don't think some here understand fully what a hotfix is too. It often relates to small changes that don't need extended testing as it doesn't touch core mechanics of the game.

That is just a ridiculous statement to claim fm is a lot more complicated than other games. We're not talking about tetris here.

Give one good, non silly reason why football manager would be a lot more complicated than games for example as civilization, total war games, europa universalis. I understand some love football manager much, so do I. But don't defend to the absurd like it's your child no-one can say anything bad about.

I don't think some here understand fully what a hotfix is too. It often relates to small changes that don't need extended testing as it doesn't touch core mechanics of the game.

I think you have the wrong guy there :)

I think you are the one that does not understand what a hotfix is, changing a small thing in the ME can have a lot of knock on effects.

So isn't that an issue with defenders having no clue how to defend a weak/low corner towards the first post, rather than with the corners being hit badly? Because even if you lower the amount of under-hit corners (and the number of goals resulting from that), you would still end up with unrealistic goals due to bad defending in that area.

I think you have the wrong guy there :)

I think you are the one that does not understand what a hotfix is, changing a small thing in the ME can have a lot of knock on effects.

ME is core mechanic... That should have been quite obvious.

more of a question than feedback but is it still possible to make board requests on players that you want to sign but are proving to expensive?

Yes although it won't be easy to persuade the board.

Same here. It's long been obvious that only the last patch makes the game even remotely enjoyable, so I've stopped being a Day 1 purchaser since '11, and skipped '13 altogether (the feedback here was still too poor). From what I can read here it looks like a 50-50 proposition I will buy '14 next spring.

Didn't have any issues with being a day 1 purchaser of FM 2011 and 2012. For 2012 you had people going crazy over the ME despite the fact that bar added animations it was the exact same as 11.3. During FM Live SI once announced an ME update was commenced which never actually materialized, which didn't keep keople posting Feedback on the apparent update regardless. When the FM 2013 demo went public at least it was blindingly obvious that there was something fishy going on right in your first pre-season friendly likely against your reserve side, because that reserve side was being able to hold much possession and pass it about way into your final third regardless what you did (with closing down/pressing arguably being the number one issue around the time of that game's release). Still that doesn't explain how a number of users rant about the game year-in year out with the exact same "arguments", then buy it regardless, and most of all none of this explains why, as recently witnessed in a post by someone, they wouldn't win a game in 18 home matches in a row (that is 100% entirelly related to players actions rather than a match engine).

I don't want to generalize, and I accept that people have different standards than me. But sometimes this all is still all off, and both SI and FM players can get impressions that appear far removed from what is actually going on.

Yes although it won't be easy to persuade the board.

thanks will look out for this option in the next window as I could not see it in the first transfer window.

thanks will look out for this option in the next window as I could not see it in the first transfer window.

It doesn't count for every player though and possible your transfer/wage budget must be not sufficient enough (not entirely sure). But when it's the case you'll see a window on the right "interact with the board" (or something similar, I translated it freely)

Archived