Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can assure you there were a few CCCs, as I also said it has already been said by SI that the game is not detecting when a CCC is indeed a CCC and will be fixed in the next update.

And I'm so glad PaulC did list this as a problem they looked at, as there was a concerted fingers-in-ears approach by many here when I repeatedly pointed it out. Ever was it so, though. The ME is always near-perfect until SI extensively patches it, then it's near-perfect again! Until SI extensively patches it... aaand repeat.

Hint to moderators and others: there is a middle ground between defending the game from people who ludicrously claim it is "broken" and blindly categorizing any and all genuine ME feedback as "tactical discussion".

Yeah, I've seen this happen a couple of times.

I've only seen it the once, and it was on a snowy pitch. I just assumed the player slipped :lol:

As far as bugs go, given how little it actually happens, I think the guy foot stomping about it has gone somewhat over the top. Goodness knows how he'll cope with the more serious bugs!

I've always bought FM after the last patch around March as I hate dealing with all the bugs, match engine or otherwise, up until that point. Sadly this time I caved and picked it up last week. Suffice to say I'm experiencing many of the same issues most have been complaining about here with the full back issue particularly grating. I can't imagine how complex the game must be with the huge amount of variables but it seems that it's being released too early every year without proper testing as so many of the problems are obvious with even a small amount of time spent playing.

And I'm so glad PaulC did list this as a problem they looked at, as there was a concerted fingers-in-ears approach by many here when I repeatedly pointed it out. Ever was it so, though. The ME is always near-perfect until SI extensively patches it, then it's near-perfect again! Until SI extensively patches it... aaand repeat.

Hint to moderators and others: there is a middle ground between defending the game from people who ludicrously claim it is "broken" and blindly categorizing any and all genuine ME feedback as "tactical discussion".

None of the moderators are blindly categorizing anything, thank you very much. I'd rather people didnt take what we say out of context to make a point. Hard enough getting points across as it is. If we see something that looks like an issue, or the person raising strongly believes there is an issue, we tell them to upload it. If we think its tactical we say, have a look in the tactics thread, if you still think its a bug, then upload it.

Let's be honest, (And I haven't criticized SI once in this thread), but being a gamer, companies set release dates so their consumers can buy their FINISHED product. I love the fact that SI and very few other companies release a BETA for people to get access and report bugs early on. When qualifying for the BETA, people should know they're not playing the finished product.

But people to fork out money on games these days that in all seriousness are NOT finished products. Take FIFA as one example. Which gives two questions; The ability and thoroughness of the testers within the companies, or them trying to hit the release date target they usually have every year, or thereabouts.

People need to start facing the fact that most games released these days WILL have bugs/glitches. Of course it shouldn't really be acceptable, but it's happening more and more. I don't understand why some still complain and are surprised. I still get frustrated, but am beyond used to it now.

Let's be honest, (And I haven't criticized SI once in this thread), but being a gamer, companies set release dates so their consumers can buy their FINISHED product. I love the fact that SI and very few other companies release a BETA for people to get access and report bugs early on. When qualifying for the BETA, people should know they're not playing the finished product.

But people to fork out money on games these days that in all seriousness are NOT finished products. Take FIFA as one example. Which gives two questions; The ability and thoroughness of the testers within the companies, or them trying to hit the release date target they usually have every year, or thereabouts.

People need to start facing the fact that most games released these days WILL have bugs/glitches. Of course it shouldn't really be acceptable, but it's happening more and more. I don't understand why some still complain and are surprised. I still get frustrated, but am beyond used to it now.

If we don't voice our concerns with the glaring issues then there is no incentive for SI to fix it. It's bad enough that there is next to no competition for their product!

If we don't voice our concerns with the glaring issues then there is no incentive for SI to fix it. It's bad enough that there is next to no competition for their product!

No one has said you shouldn't voice issues, in fact its welcomed and encouraged as long as its constructive (see opening post and the house rules). Hence the whole feedback thread. SI don't need an incentive to sort things out.

Really hope they put the update out today or over the weekend. Doesn't look likely judging from the radio silence though:(

Actually, when they enter the deepest part of the dungeon, as they are now, it is -more- likely that a new update is coming soon. There is nothing new in the last 1000 posts in this thread, just meta-discussion.

* PaulC summed up the issues nicely

* In addition, I hope they are looking at the annoyingly unrealistic prioritization of getting corners or throw-ins by playing the ball off the defender. It was a problem in FM13 and people are still reporting it now - as per the video above. It should be no problem finding a dozen examples in any given match, because most are not as glaring as the byline situations in that video. Some could be mistaken for a mis-hit pass or loss of ball control.

There have been plenty of football management games in the (recent) past. They just won't sell, because they're crap. Look at how bad Champ Man is doing ever since the split. That shows me FM is in essence a very good peoduct in its genre. Well, the best. By far. Has been for ages.

Actually, when they enter the deepest part of the dungeon, as they are now, it is -more- likely that a new update is coming soon. There is nothing new in the last 1000 posts in this thread, just meta-discussion.

* PaulC summed up the issues nicely

* In addition, I hope they are looking at the annoyingly unrealistic prioritization of getting corners or throw-ins by playing the ball off the defender. It was a problem in FM13 and people are still reporting it now - as per the video above. It should be no problem finding a dozen examples in any given match, because most are not as glaring as the byline situations in that video. Some could be mistaken for a mis-hit pass or loss of ball control.

Fair point, I hope you're right!

As this is a feedback thread, I'm going to provide some feedback:

1) The ball physics are the best in the series to date. Wingers and wide midfielders really seem to wrap their foot around the ball and whip in dangerous crosses. There is now a discernible difference between 'drill crosses' and 'float crosses'.

2) Heading ability is an important stat again. Commanding centre-backs visibly out-muscle and out-jump more diminutive forwards, and using target men is an effective strategy (at lower levels at least).

3) The variety of goals is excellent. I see a lot of different types of goals scored, such as glancing headers, volleys, goal-mouth scrambles, etc.

4) The general build up play is superb. Sure, there are issues at the moment at the action end of the pitch, but the general football is superb and very realistic.

5) I can't understand why anybody doesn't like the new tactics system; I think it's superb. So much more realistic and intuitive to use. Got tall strikers? Use 'float crosses'. Got a physically fit team? Use 'press more'. It's really not that difficult, and I think it's so much better than adjusting sliders.

Yes I do have some negative feedback as well, but to be honest all of the issues I am experiencing have already been raised many, many times. I would just bore myself if I repeated them.

Any updates on the patch? Haven't played in a week waiting for it :(

There has been no update on the update, since yesterday. Yesterday, PaulC confirmed that it is still being tested internally with no date set for release, as they do not know themselves yet.

Any updates on the patch? Haven't played in a week waiting for it :(

you haven't played it. im waiting to buy it. i'll buy once the next patch comes out. can't be waiting till March. too excited, i got a feeling the SI team will have made this ME almost perfect now.

I'd rather wait out for a fully tested patch than have them rush out a not so confident version to keep people happy.

I'd like to think the fact that it's been a few weeks since the last update means that SI have found a number of problems to address(and have stated as such) and they are testing their heads off making sure the fixes work.

Just love it when one defender of mine gets the ball than a teammate decides to put in a nice two-footed sliding tackle on him to put the opposition through.

Then, just for the hell of it, let's just move the opposition's free-kick from close to the sideline over to the middle and right in front of the 16 meter line.

That teleportation wasn't just vertically, from my point of view, it was vertically and horisontally. Ending up being nowhere near where the tackle happened.

Speaking of tackles. Are all the legal tackles only two-footed while sliding? Been with 3 different clubs now and it feels like most of the tackles are just that. Two-footed sliding tackles. And hardly ever a free-kick.

Then there are the tackles where the players barely touch each other, if even close.....yellow card. Maybe even a red.

When my team is in possession of the ball defensively it seems like the players are completely oblivious to their teammates' existence.

Tackling eachother. Bumping in to eachother.

Also goalkeepers catching the ball and move through the net, behind the line, but no goal or corner.

Goalkeeper momentum as well taking it outside the box.

And why not kick the ball out for no reason whatsoever when we need that one goal. I mean, if there had been an opponent there and he actually went for a corner it would be understandable.

179 hours into this year's version and it really feels like it's one step forward, two steps back.

No doubt they will fix it, but that will probably be in February/March again. This coming patch will make things relatively better but it'll still be a few more months until it's working as intended.

I say "working as intended" because if it was already doing that then i'm at a loss for words.

Luckily for myself i'm a very patient guy. So i'll probably be racking up a few more hundred hours the coming weeks.

And please don't interpret this as i'm not having fun with the game. I'm having less fun, sure.

But that does not mean i'm not having fun and not enjoying it.

Finding it increasingly hard to sell my players. January 2015 and no one will buy Cleverley for £1K. Most i can get someone to bid on Rooney is £23M and he just won WPOTY. AI bids on some of my players but never even gets close to their market value. For example, AC Milan offered £6M at most for Honda, who has a market value for £11.5M. Real Madrid constantly low balling me for Rafael. The list goes on. And then the AI expect me to pay 3-4 times the market value for any of their players no matter how good they are. Even regular joes end up costing insanely inflated prices for me.

Playing on 14.1.3

There are way too many CCC´s in the game, thats the real problem. So if the update helps the game detecting them better, we will see many 9-6 results because if its a CCC the possibility of a goal is way higher. What i hope is that the game takes care of it in the way that it prevents the CCC from happening too often then. This could result in less chances, better finishing, better defending and finally a good ME.

Speaking of tackles. Are all the legal tackles only two-footed while sliding? Been with 3 different clubs now and it feels like most of the tackles are just that. Two-footed sliding tackles. And hardly ever a free-kick.

Then there are the tackles where the players barely touch each other, if even close.....yellow card. Maybe even a red.

I had one last night, last 2 league games of the season, need to win 1 to get second, take on 2 subs in the 60th minute, one gets booked a minute after coming on, 5 minutes later the other one goes in for a tackle that barely looks like he touches the boy, straight red, the first sub, already booked then gets sent off for complaining about it!!! Lost 3 nil, turned it off in the hope that the bug where you go on a winning streak after losing and turning the game off hits me.

Enjoying the game so far.

I feel the matches can sometimes be a bit samey in the way that shots are made. A lot of runs down the flank - cuts back to midfielder lingering on edge of box - shot comfortably saved by goalkeeper. I don't see a lot of parry saves by the keeper either? They seem to hold a lot of shots. Also the near post corner problem is back but I'm sure will be eradicated.

Other minor gripes are the initial bids made for players seem quite low by the AI. They do seem to get their act together later on and bid properly. Finally, there appear to be excessive amount shots in games along with failing to register what are/are not CCCs but I'm sure this will be fixed.

Enjoy the match engine on the whole though, really feel how I want my team to play is shown on screen which is rewarding. In game interface is good, much prefer the tactical overhaul.

Overall enjoying it muchly, looking forward to the new update when it comes out. No rush SI, at least for me ;)

Other minor gripes are the initial bids made for players seem quite low by the AI. They do seem to get their act together later on and bid properly.

I have just discussed with my collegue FM player at work how we are receiving transfer offers that are too high for players that do not deserve it. I've been playing with Red Star, which in real life has big money problems and generally struggles lately to sell anybody for more than 1 mil.

In FM14, I sold a player Luka Milunovic for 7 mil. pounds to Palermo, and sold many others for 2, 3 mil bids. In real life I'd be amazed if the club sold these guys for a half of those prices.

I agree that the initial offer is too low, but when you reject them and wait for better offers later on it seems that it's too easy to negotiate a high price. They offer 5 mil, I ask for 7, they offer 5.2 , I ask for 6 and its all done...

As this is a feedback thread, I'm going to provide some feedback:

1) The ball physics are the best in the series to date. Wingers and wide midfielders really seem to wrap their foot around the ball and whip in dangerous crosses. There is now a discernible difference between 'drill crosses' and 'float crosses'.

2) Heading ability is an important stat again. Commanding centre-backs visibly out-muscle and out-jump more diminutive forwards, and using target men is an effective strategy (at lower levels at least).

3) The variety of goals is excellent. I see a lot of different types of goals scored, such as glancing headers, volleys, goal-mouth scrambles, etc.

4) The general build up play is superb. Sure, there are issues at the moment at the action end of the pitch, but the general football is superb and very realistic.

5) I can't understand why anybody doesn't like the new tactics system; I think it's superb. So much more realistic and intuitive to use. Got tall strikers? Use 'float crosses'. Got a physically fit team? Use 'press more'. It's really not that difficult, and I think it's so much better than adjusting sliders.

Yes I do have some negative feedback as well, but to be honest all of the issues I am experiencing have already been raised many, many times. I would just bore myself if I repeated them.

• SI Staff
Really hope they put the update out today or over the weekend. Doesn't look likely judging from the radio silence though:(

Unfortunately our requirement for a number of days testing means we have missed the cut off for this weekend.

I hope we can release an ME update next week but it's subject to these days of testing.

Again thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately our requirement for a number of days testing means we have missed the cut off for this weekend.

I hope we can release an ME update next week but it's subject to these days of testing.

Whilst i would have loved it sooner I would rather it be right. Has there been word on the next update being ME only or will it be a complete update?

Unfortunately our means we have missed the cut off for this weekend.

Shouldnt "requirement for a number of days testing" hapen before the game came live?

I have just discussed with my collegue FM player at work how we are receiving transfer offers that are too high for players that do not deserve it. I've been playing with Red Star, which in real life has big money problems and generally struggles lately to sell anybody for more than 1 mil.

In FM14, I sold a player Luka Milunovic for 7 mil. pounds to Palermo, and sold many others for 2, 3 mil bids. In real life I'd be amazed if the club sold these guys for a half of those prices.

I agree that the initial offer is too low, but when you reject them and wait for better offers later on it seems that it's too easy to negotiate a high price. They offer 5 mil, I ask for 7, they offer 5.2 , I ask for 6 and its all done...

Playing as Spurs and received initial bids of 2.5m for both Sandro and Dawson. Seems very low to start but with Sandro teams then later came in with bids around the 15m mark which is fair enough. I suppose they're just trying to negotiate, badly!

I couldn't play the game yet because of very very bad ME and you say: "Wait.". Again and again and again.

Why did you release the game then? Just release when the ME is fine. I have been playing since FM 2007 and I never get angry like this time. So I signed up and I wrote this post.

I hope you can make a normal ME in next update. I dont want a good ME. I just want a normal, playable ME.

In the nicest possible way, I am reaching the point of just not being bothered about this game anymore. I bought it some 2 weeks ago, played it a bit, noticed a few bugs etc and haven't played it since. Every day I log on waiting for a new patch to make my game experience more enjoyable (see how I admit there that it is playable, just not enjoyable!), yes it is always 'in a few days','maybe next week' or 'coming soon'.

If I hadn't spent £30 on the dam thing I would just bin it but unfortunately I have made the same mistake as I made last year and given SI my money for something that never works properly for the first 5/6 weeks anyway.

I am not a game basher, I don't like to sit here criticising SI or anyone else, but I have played this game for about 10 years and would expect a bit better from a multi-award winning company than to leave their fee paying customers waiting for a patch for nearly 2 weeks.

God help the lot of you if this patch doesn't work properly, this place will explode!

I couldn't play the game yet because of very very bad ME and you say: "Wait.". Again and again and again.

Why did you release the game then? Just release when the ME is fine. I have been playing since FM 2007 and I never get angry like this time. So I signed up and I wrote this post.

I hope you can make a normal ME in next update. I dont want a good ME. I just want a normal, playable ME.

I do agree with people who are find it unplayable that the wait is frustrating after buying it and your patience is wearing thin with you guys and I wish update be here soon but we don't want it too be released before it's ready or forums be filled with more issues.

I've played over 300 hours of this version of the game so far, and generally loved it. Been a few issues but there always is with software of this magnitude and complexity. I really don't get why people deem it to be 'unplayable'. I can understand people are frustrated with a lot of the issues, but you can still have a very enjoyable FM experience with the current build of the game.

In my opinion.

Archived