Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

Made a thread about this but probably should have folded it into this one:

When I use "disable transfer budgets in first window" it basically stops clubs from making pre-contract approaches for the first 6 months, because agent fees and such come out of transfer budgets now. Maybe this is working as intended but it's kind of an annoying effect and definitely not what I'm intending when I use that option.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Further evidence about both the RANDOM ME and the different ME between AI and human players...i've taken Bayern, maybe the best team in the world...fielded the best eleven, with a quite simple and standard set up...against Hamburg we lost 1-0, with exactly the same problems than a lower League club...bad passing, bad possession (52 Hamburg 48 bayern), passive defending, overpowered corner, no chance playing through the middle, wingers starring the show (the opposite ones, my robben and ribery were awful)...3 days later against Chelsea for the supercup...we lost 4-0, 30 shots for Chelsea vs 9 for bayern, 68% possession for Chelsea vs 32% for bayern...3 goals from the same pattern, winger Flying on the flank-cross-headed by an unmarked forward in the heart of my penalty area...usual bad passing, usual stupid decisions...and all of this checked through 90-minutes highlights...now how can you say this is ok??? how can you say Ai and us use the same ME??? how can you say it's not completely RANDOM and irrespective of both tactics and individual skills???

I am having a lot of games in which I have like 25 shots and 15 shots on target, while the opposition has like 4 shots and 2 on target and still take the three points. Extremely frustrating.

Is this a known issue with the game, or are my tactics/players simply appalling? Or a combination of both?

its got nothing to do with tactics because I've won 5 games in a row 21 shots on goal 17 on target

next 3 games I played same sort of stats and I still went on to lose even when the opposition stats were rubbish

this also confirms that the Whole system is quite RANDOM...

Stop making up nonsense. It is the same ME for both AI and human, it doesn't know the difference.

Using players in roles they are suited to is hardly RANDOM (sic), it is sensible. If you can't see that playing players where they are best suited is a good idea then it is no wonder you don't understand what is going on.

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned short corners, I set my side up to take short corners, the ME does not mark the receiver and on every corner he gets a clear run into the box to shoot or pass, no defenders try to close him down, it’s an absolutely clear run from near the corner flag to close to the penalty spot.

I am having a lot of games in which I have like 25 shots and 15 shots on target, while the opposition has like 4 shots and 2 on target and still take the three points. Extremely frustrating.

Is this a known issue with the game, or are my tactics/players simply appalling? Or a combination of both?

It's not that your tactics are appalling, it's just they're not right for breaking down a defensive team. Post in the tactics forum about your problem (or search to see if one of the many people I've advised to try this over the last few days have actually followed through and done it) and you'll get the help you need there.

Have been checking my stats in more detail. Even though I always have a high amount of shots on target, the amount of CCC's seems to be quite low, averaging about 3 to 4 per game. Have tweaked my tactics a little bit and that seems to work. Basically, what I did was making sure (even) less players join the attack. Seems to work somehow. Has also made my defence more solid. Which supports the statement in the "How to Play FM14: A Twelve Step Guide"-thread that playing defensively (according to the game's definition anyway) can lead to dominating more games (including possession).

EDIT: Which is weird in my humble opinion. When I think about the "Counter" mentality, I expect to play like Chelsea did in the Champions League when they won it two years ago. Or Inter under Mourinho for that matter. I don't expect to dominate possession, amount of shots, amount of CCC's, etc. I realize that the team instructions also play a big part in this. But being able to dominate a game this much with "Counter" mentality against equal opposition seems weird.

At this junction can I just say that many of us appreciate you Mods. Currently you are having to field some really inane and quite arguably non nonsensical rantings and ravings. A vast majority of us want to partake in constructive and useful feedback and debate.

I am appalled how many people on here post stuff that is ill considerate, badly thought out and has no real analysis or basis of reasoning yet alone evidence. And worst of all they have the inability to post their finding(s), if they think there are issues in the correct forums! What also baffles me is that real football throws many of the conundrums that appear in FM, yet the same people ignore this and attack the ME for behaving oddly. This weekend NUFC and Sunderland the stats show they both should have lost by a landslide :)

We have all been informed that SI are aware of certain issues and that fixes will be in the pipeline as and when they are ready they will be deployed.

I do not envy your task in dealing with this constant barrage of tedium.

You have my sympathy and support.

loving fm14 so far , but some things are strange one I just noticed-

Playing as Arsenal and beat Liverpool 3-0 at home , Ozil , mert both put in good performances with FT ratings of 8.8 and 8.6 , all round its a good team performance ,dominating possession 61% and getting 23 shots 12 on target to there 3 shots 0 on target , its fair to say I dominated them!

yet Blaise Muituidi who was a defensive midfielder gets a player of the match with a 9.1 rating!!

hang on , I dominated the game how can the opposition DM get potm!

anyway just a thing Im not sure is quite right.

Playing as Arsenal and beat Liverpool 3-0 at home , Ozil , mert both put in good performances with FT ratings of 8.8 and 8.6 , all round its a good team performance ,dominating possession 61% and getting 23 shots 12 on target to there 3 shots 0 on target , its fair to say I dominated them!

yet Blaise Muituidi who was a defensive midfielder gets a player of the match with a 9.1 rating!!

IRL, on average players are in possession of the ball about 1,5 minutes per game. As my youth coach when I was a wee lad used to say: You can be man of the match without having touched the ball a single time. Makelele, anyone?

Maybe his off the ball work was simply brilliant?

IRL, on average players are in possession of the ball about 1,5 minutes per game. As my youth coach when I was a wee lad used to say: You can be man of the match without having touched the ball a single time. Makelele, anyone?

Maybe his off the ball work was simply brilliant?

see you point but if he was that good off the ball , how did my Arsenal team manage to get 23 shots at goal , a dm's job is to break up play and protect the back 4 which according to the stats did neither?

anyone else had this happen to them, in the beta I was in my 1st season with pompy and 20 points clear walking the league with 5 games to go the full game updates and I lose my last 5 games of the season, then after bringing in some quality in my squad i am another 5 games into the 2nd season and I still can't win a game, also tried different formations but nothing seems to work

Stop making up nonsense. It is the same ME for both AI and human, it doesn't know the difference.

Using players in roles they are suited to is hardly RANDOM (sic), it is sensible. If you can't see that playing players where they are best suited is a good idea then it is no wonder you don't understand what is going on.

the only nonsense I see is yours...why do you think I do not field the players where they perform better? do you think I've fielded Robben and Ribery as CD??? They were wingers, but awful the same, what's your point??? I fully understand what's going on, since i see FULL MATCHES (and you?) and I'm trying all to cope with this erratic and random ME...

Please stop posting this same nonsense post over and over again. We're not interested.

Akter I think you should be interested and not simply banter the users as 'nonsense'...since we've paid the game, we do have every right to tell our experience...instead of playing always in defense, please tell us something we do not know about the ideas behind the ME, explain some concepts that could help us in understanding what it's expecting from us as managers...

Getting to the stage where I'm really looking forward to the update now. I've been happy to play through the issues as I always am to be fair but the lack of finishing from world class footballers is becoming a joke now.

I'm Man Utd and I've just played Stoke then Villa at home and we had a combined 50 shots in those two games...Stoke and Villa had a combined 14 shots...scorelines?

0-1

0-2

I can accept this happens from time to time...I mean look at Tim Krul yesterday but this happens fairly regularly even in games I win I miss so many chances. But I know it's all being looked into blah blah blah but to have the game (well ME) in this state this long into first the BETA and now full release is a bit wrong imo. But don't worry mods I'll head over to the tactics forum and try and work out how I can turn 50 shots from the likes of RVP, Rooney and Ozil into goals. I mean maybe I should buy Emile Heskey and Ade Akinbiyi and they'll finish the chances.

Please release whatever it is you tested this weekend. Can't be any worse honestly.

the only nonsense I see is yours...why do you think I do not field the players where they perform better? do you think I've fielded Robben and Ribery as CD??? They were wingers, but awful the same, what's your point??? I fully understand what's going on, since i see FULL MATCHES (and you?) and I'm trying all to cope with this erratic and random ME...

Start a thread in the tactics forum about it, but be willing to learn.

Getting to the stage where I'm really looking forward to the update now. I've been happy to play through the issues as I always am to be fair but the lack of finishing from world class footballers is becoming a joke now.

I'm Man Utd and I've just played Stoke then Villa at home and we had a combined 50 shots in those two games...Stoke and Villa had a combined 14 shots...scorelines?

0-1

0-2

I can accept this happens from time to time...I mean look at Tim Krul yesterday but this happens fairly regularly even in games I win I miss so many chances. But I know it's all being looked into blah blah blah but to have the game (well ME) in this state this long into first the BETA and now full release is a bit wrong imo. But don't worry mods I'll head over to the tactics forum and try and work out how I can turn 50 shots from the likes of RVP, Rooney and Ozil into goals. I mean maybe I should buy Emile Heskey and Ade Akinbiyi and they'll finish the chances.

Please release whatever it is you tested this weekend. Can't be any worse honestly.

Please post in the tactics forum about what you're experiencing and you'll be able to see what's going wrong.

Well he would certainly have been extremely busy given that his team were being slaughtered everywhere on the pitch. How many tackles, interceptions and clearances did he make?

Has anyone noticed that newgens have stupidly high set piece attributes. I've holidayed until 2030-ish and most of the newgens have ridiculously high free kick, corner, penalty, long shot and long throw attributes.

Seems like the attributes are unevenly distributed?

A few examples:

http://gyazo.com/86522d9014106ffca4c13b48f28b4886

http://gyazo.com/3ac5a6c94facec4bc4e414b42f582794

http://gyazo.com/32b474cfea8b371e774e64f3a423b35a

http://gyazo.com/b8c5c38dca03bbd52836bacab9575b66

Exactly what I was saying. Because if it were 7-2 in shots and I win 2-1, I would not have anything to say but try to work out why so few shots against weaker opponent. But 30 shots tends to be an indication that your team is playing well. Because out of 30 shots there is maybe 2 or 3 CCC, few woodworks etc..So now what, should I try and imptove my tactic to have 90 shots per game in order to win 3-1?

I played for three seasons in the Turkish Premier League with Fenerbahçe, won the title in each of them, and then got sick of playing. That's how I feel about the match engine. And the worst thing is, beta was miles better than 14.1.3

Start a thread in the tactics forum about it, but be willing to learn.

this could be a good idea, but before undertaking an extensive tactical analysis, i'd just enjoy to know that my fears are not right, that the ME is still responsive and only needs tweaking, that we and AI use the same ME match in match out...of course Always thanks for your efforts...

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned short corners, I set my side up to take short corners, the ME does not mark the receiver and on every corner he gets a clear run into the box to shoot or pass, no defenders try to close him down, it’s an absolutely clear run from near the corner flag to close to the penalty spot.

So in my first season I discovered this and for the first few games scored a few goals this way.... so I switched corners to mixed to avoid exploiting it.

In a league where 14 is considered an amazing attribute tbh.

There's also no indication of the type of goal.

I mean really? That is your answer? For you is totally normal that central defender scored so many goals in league and continental competitions?

One thing is to make objective cases for these type of comments, but for speaking such nonsense just to "defend the game no matter what" I dont have any further comments ...

So in my first season I discovered this and for the first few games scored a few goals this way.... so I switched corners to mixed to avoid exploiting it.
Curiously though I don’t think I scored more than I would expect if I had played mixed, it’s not a significant goal cheat, however it is another example of the ME’s problems.

I am Workington I won the league got promoted and now in Skrill Premier problem is all my players who were happy 11 of them left wouldnt sign new contracts even though they got me promoted and then now no one will sign for me apart from player I could pick up anyway and even my affiliate club player wont sign out of the reserve team even though they will go to Forest Green who are a mediocre team in the league below ?????

this could be a good idea, but before undertaking an extensive tactical analysis, i'd just enjoy to know that my fears are not right, that the ME is still responsive and only needs tweaking, that we and AI use the same ME match in match out...of course Always thanks for your efforts...

Think of it from another perspective- it would be much harder for SI to code and balance an ME that DID actually treat AI and human teams differently, and there's no justification for doing so. It doesn't treat you differently- it doesn't know whether you're a human manager, AI manager or sentient potato manager.

Well he would certainly have been extremely busy given that his team were being slaughtered everywhere on the pitch. How many tackles, interceptions and clearances did he make?

off the top of my head it was about 22 tackles 18 being successful , I guess that is quite good really? not to sure on interceptions or clearances

I'm yet to see a curled shot whether it's from distance or inside the penalty box. All the shots go in a straight line. No curled placed shots past the goalkeeper in one on one situations or long distanced curlers even form players who have Curls Ball as Players Preferred Move.

I mean really? That is your answer? For you is totally normal that central defender scored so many goals in league and continental competitions?

One thing is to make objective cases for these type of comments, but for speaking such nonsense just to "defend the game no matter what" I dont have any further comments ...

No, it's not normal, which is why I asked for it to be brought up in the bugs forum.

What I did say is that it wasn't as bizarre as was being made out as he has the attributes to physically dominate in that league. Drop your attitude.

I'm yet to see a curled shot whether it's from distance or inside the penalty box. All the shots go in a straight line. No curled placed shots past the goalkeeper in one on one situations or long distanced curlers even form players who have Curls Ball as Players Preferred Move.

I've noticed this as well.

Also, never seen any striker 'round a keeper', not even once in 9 seasons. When 'one on one' specifically.

I am Workington I won the league got promoted and now in Skrill Premier problem is all my players who were happy 11 of them left wouldnt sign new contracts even though they got me promoted and then now no one will sign for me apart from player I could pick up anyway and even my affiliate club player wont sign out of the reserve team even though they will go to Forest Green who are a mediocre team in the league below ?????

It's a known issue, should be sorted in the next update. I agree, it's hugely frustrating when managing at that level. I've got round it a bit by signing players on 2/3 yr contracts now. Not ideal as you don't know when you sign a player if he's going to be any good or not, but at least that way you have a semblance of a settled team for the following season.

I have to say, this is the first football manager that I genuinely do not like.

I cannot do anything right. I've played about for hours with various tactics, to absolutely no avail. It doesn't matter what I do, I always get totally smashed, even by worse teams, and there's nothing I can do about it. I even setup with 3 DMs at one point and still conceded 3 goals.

I've read the tactics forums for advice, but what seems to be working for other people just ends up with me getting smashed.

This game is too tactic orientated - either your a good tactician, or you're **** out of luck and you're going to lose most games.

Archived