Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

Ok, an update.

Nothing today or this weekend. We have made some good progress but need more testing time and will not rush anything out before we are sure.

Thanks for your patience.

Paul :)

Thanks for the update Paul, I will get back to my save after I have helped out on the Steam forums, some people not loving the 2 keys thing over there. :)

Hopefully the extra testing will make it even better....no pressure. :)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the update Paul, I will get back to my save after I have helped out on Steam, some people not loving the 2 keys thing over there. :)

Hopefully the extra testing will make it even better....no pressure. :)

I hope you said that calmly in order to produce positive bodylanguage from Paul. :D

• SI Staff
I'm currently uploading my save to the ftp site under the title Arsenal 2014 contract clause issue. Thanks for looking at it. For further reference, some screenshots.

Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain : http://i.imgur.com/tTOOb7a.jpg

Jack Wilshere : http://i.imgur.com/TDw6vVw.jpg

Per Mertesacker : http://i.imgur.com/Cim6A6b.jpg

And some others from a completely fresh game.

Angel Di Maria : http://i.imgur.com/SXUgyeH.jpg

Claudio Pizzaro: http://i.imgur.com/VjRN9eV.jpg

Fabio Coentrao : http://i.imgur.com/ePtfSvI.jpg

Jerome Boateng : http://i.imgur.com/rBcm5K6.jpg

Karim Benzema : http://i.imgur.com/kR7udI2.jpg

Mario Gotze : http://i.imgur.com/5Q34KNP.jpg

Rafinha : http://i.imgur.com/OoLY2TF.jpg

Sami Khedira : http://i.imgur.com/kpFTBMr.jpg

Thomas Muller : http://i.imgur.com/kIGFg7z.jpg - Muller's are after a bit of negotiation. Originally his demands were Rotation squad status, 110k a week and 40k for all three fees and bonuses.

Thanks for the save and info. These have now been passed on to the dev team.

Cheers,

Ben

Cheers Shaker.

I'm using 4-4-2 with AMR and AML as Man Utd. Rooney as DLF (Support) receives the balls in the right places, but he either passes it back to MCs or wide to flanks. He is yet to turn and play the through ball to an on running RVP. I've set for him to play More Direct Passing. That's why RVP scored so few for me in my ''trial'' save game.

As the match engine stands, I'd suggest inverting the threat: have a lone forward dropping off or drifting wide to produce space Rooney can burst into from AMC. But focus on wide play if you want to win. (If you want to win consistently with possession and patient through balls that produce 'easy' one-on-ones, wait for a patch.)

But a lone forward, definitely. Having two STCs right now is just double the misery when they roll sitters straight at the keeper over and over.

As the match engine stands, I'd suggest inverting the threat: have a lone forward dropping off or drifting wide to produce space Rooney can burst into from AMC. But focus on wide play if you want to win. (If you want to win with possession and patient through balls that produce 'easy' one-on-ones, wait for a patch.)

i am winning. It's just that RVP is not scoring as much as I would love to and that bothers me. :D Just bashed Arsenal 7-1, Rooney scoring 4 one from penalty, and nani scoring 3 from AMR. :) Thanks anyway. :)

As this is the "Full-Game-Feedback"-topic I think I should post it in here? Absolutely fabulous work SI! I know I've said for a long time that I wouldn't buy FM anymore as I thought FM13 was not your best game ever. (especially the fact you guys were still doing fixes and updates months after release) But, in the end, as a long-term-fan I've decided to let go my love for FM12 and to step up to the next level, more details, less gaming speed, and in the end I have to say that for me personally, FM14 doesn't need lot of tweaking and patching. Yes, some issues on the ME needs to be looked after, but in general this game blew me off my socks.

Everything for what I didn't liked FM13 is fixed, new details and options ared added to give you even more control of things, so I just hope you people don't get carried away by those moaning about details forgetting this is a computer-game that comes as close to reality as possible, but it stays a game of course...

I think I'm off for another couple of years of true fun with your game for which I'm thankful as I was quite disappointed with FM13 and more specifically the poor kick off and lots of issues. Well, this FM for me is running smoothly and neat from the first second so hopefully your updates fix the very few issues that there are without ruining other things, than you people would have my confidende in your company restored completely!!!

Anyway, best FM ever for me so far! Thanks SI for 20 years of management-fun :)

6 weeks into pre-season of 2nd season and having my training on full match preparation (tacticts) and team cohesion, my 3 tactics are still awkward having played 7 friendlies already. I know its slower than FM13 but is this normal?

Two of the three tactics were fully fluid last season and are not new.

Crazy..these appearance fees are just bonkers! A player who will clearly be a first team player asking 50k appearance fee!..let's say you have 10 of them. it is 500k per match i appearance fees. let's say each of them plays 30 games per season. it's 15 mil in appearence fees per year which is just completely crazy. This is a bug,I am sure of it. Hope they fix this.

It's not just appearance fees. If Benzema scores 30 goals a season, it costs 1.65 million. If he takes 40 matches to do it, that's another 2.92 million. That's extortionate for everyone but Messi and Ronaldo. It's especially insane for someone who wants the Rotation status.

More testing needed. What can be worse than the borken defense we have for the moment ? And sadly this one got greenlit.

The gaming industry thanks you, even if it could be better coordinated : it would have been a perfect time for X-Rebirth.

I know i may sound rude, but it is for only one reason : the ME this year looks very promising, i modify my tactics, i see the changes, and they look the same as what i did. I can tune my tactics if something gets wrong in my animation, and it gets sorted. If something is wrong, i know why. All is good... except this problem in defense, and it drives me crazy as it spoils such a good game.

Guys I am massively busy today trying to get a new ME version into beta for the weekend, but I will try to post a progress update if and when I get time over the next few days.

Cheers,

Paul

I'm confused here. Paul, earlier you said there would be no update, but this post now suggests there might be?

Or, by new ME into BETA, do you mean something different from an update?

If anyone can clarify that would be great. Btw, just take your time, don't rush, and have some time for yourself - we can wait :)

Not sure to post here, but just I little question to undertand the new logic of the tactic system: why can't I instruct, for instance, a DLF to hold the ball ????:confused:

I believe all positions have certain defaults so you can only select the things that do not conflict with the default settings.

For instance the DLF naturally holds up the ball so there is no need to select it, also you can not select anything that would go against that.

When you are on the tactics screen if you hover over the 'DLF' it will say what the player with this setting will do naturally.

I believe all positions have certain defaults so you can only select the things that do not conflict with the default settings.

For instance the DLF naturally holds up the ball so there is no need to select it, also you can not select anything that would go against that.

When you are on the tactics screen if you hover over the 'DLF' it will say what the player with this setting will do naturally.

Ok, so when an instruction is unavailable it means it's a default instruction ??? I'm asking because the portuguese translation doesn't say "naturally", it says unavailable.

Ok, so when an instruction is unavailable it means it's a default instruction ??? I'm asking because the portuguese translation doesn't say "naturally", it says unavailable.

Or sometimes it runs counter to the idea of the position. Just from memory, you can't instruct an inside forward to run wide with the ball or to cut inside. Inside forwards cut inside naturally - that's the point of the position - and instructing them to do otherwise would make them a different thing that's not an inside forward anymore.

Outrageous that there's no patch yet!

Some issues in the Swedish league makes it truly unplayable and surely warrants a hotfix for just those issues (if more testing times are needed for everything else). A whole week and still not fixed. Just think about if it were in the english leagues were bugs in the competition rules made the league unplayable (a bug that will require a new game to fix). A hotfix would have been released within hours.

This is not acceptable at all. The referee is giving SI a straight red card!

look atleast FM is playable, take a look at Total War Rome 2. 7 patches later and it's still only half a game

FM this year have plenty of other issues too (more than usual it seems). The thing is that the solution/fix for most/all of those issues will work with existing saves while the issues in Sweden will need a new save which means it's not even possible to start playing yet. We have to wait to play at all.

FM this year have plenty of other issues too (more than usual it seems). The thing is that the solution/fix for most/all of those issues will work with existing saves while the issues in Sweden will need a new save which means it's not even possible to start playing yet. We have to wait to play at all.

ive done half a season in the superettan and not noticed anything odd, what am i missing before i start with goteborg?

nevermind, found it

look atleast FM is playable, take a look at Total War Rome 2. 7 patches later and it's still only half a game.

Releasing a small patch every week isn't going to make things better automatically

Total War was the only other franchise I followed, after Rome 2 that is now dead to me.

So i'm relying on SI to get this right, fortunately i have complete faith in them.

Or sometimes it runs counter to the idea of the position. Just from memory, you can't instruct an inside forward to run wide with the ball or to cut inside. Inside forwards cut inside naturally - that's the point of the position - and instructing them to do otherwise would make them a different thing that's not an inside forward anymore.

I just assumed it's because it's part of the role. For example I don't believe you can select 'tackle harder' and 'close down more' for a ball-winning midfielder, because that's the whole premise of the position. It's just doubling up.

I just assumed it's because it's part of the role. For example I don't believe you can select 'tackle harder' and 'close down more' for a ball-winning midfielder, because that's the whole premise of the position. It's just doubling up.

That is exactly it, although you can also not select say 'ease off tackles' as that would go against his default setting as a BWM.

I have a question here, I would think it is working as it should but would like to ask anyway.

I have a player on loan and when he gets called up for internationals I am allowed to not let him play.

Is this how it actually works?

I would have thought I would not have that power, although as he is technically my player maybe I should.

I would have thought his parent club would insist he plays for his country at any level if he is fit, also I suspect the player would be highly annoyed if I even gave a 45 minute only order.

Transfers are still bugged surely.

I previously posted a separate thread about transfers and was advised to clear the cache and start a new game which I have done.

I am now faced with a team wanting £106 MILLION for an 18 year old who hasn't even been capped at any level and his current value is £2.6 Million.

how on earth is this realistic? At these prices Bale would be worth £500Million and Messi at £1BILLION

Transfers are still bugged surely.

I previously posted a separate thread about transfers and was advised to clear the cache and start a new game which I have done.

I am now faced with a team wanting £106 MILLION for an 18 year old who hasn't even been capped at any level and his current value is £2.6 Million.

how on earth is this realistic? At these prices Bale would be worth £500Million and Messi at £1BILLION

Put in the bugs forum and see what they say about it.

I think some people in here need to get a grip. I know we've all shelled out sums of money and the ME needs tweaking a little but for goodness sake.

Use the time to take the missus out for a nice meal or something. Or if you don't have a missus have a few pints with the lads :D

I think some people in here need to get a grip. I know we've all shelled out sums of money and the ME needs tweaking a little but for goodness sake.

Use the time to take the missus out for a nice meal or something. Or if you don't have a missus have a few pints with the lads :D

*checks thread for mass hysteria, sees nothing, goes about his business*

*Pictures Kriss sitting in his rocking chair smoking a long pipe and saying "bunch of pussies this year"*

*checks thread for mass hysteria, sees nothing, goes about his business*

*Pictures Kriss sitting in his rocking chair smoking a long pipe and saying "bunch of pussies this year"*

Gave up smoking on 26th February at 0800, otherwise correct :D

Very much enjoying it. My Woking game has already given me one of my favourite FM moments in years - the absolute joy of pegging Cambridge back from 4-1 down at half time to draw 4-4, with nothing but a few sensible tactical tweaks (because they now make sense, rather than fiddling with sliders and hoping for the best).

I've already clocked up a stupid number of hours on the game. 21 years and counting :)

What's wrong with the Swedish league? I wanted to start an IFK Goteborg on Sunday while I'M OFF WORK and the only day I get a couple of hours to play. God damn it, I've paid £35 for a game I can't even play. I can't even start one and crack on with preseason while SI work on a patch. Agree if this was in the English leagues there would be a hotfix asap but tbh just don't bother rushing a game to release with lots of bugs and errors. Kind of wish I didn't bother now, it's not worth all this.

Thanks Rustyman1, your post saved my day. I agree with everthing you say. I am a veteran FM player and just purchased FM14 and am failing miserably.

The main reason, as far as I can pin down, is that my fullbacks are not working at all, no matter what I do. In the end, I switched to a DM 3-5-2 system, which has brought me some success. But scorelines can still be silly and crap teams can still often score 4 goals in the second half to overcome a 3 goal deficiency. And the Defensive strategy does not seem to work at all for me. It just cedes possession and invites the opponent to you with inevitable goals to follow. Much better to keep on Standard all way through even if you are 3 goals up.

In its current edition, I just find that FM14 is a poorly executed simulation.

Also, if someone could point me in the direction to WWFAN's post on Tactics, it would be much appreciated.

Cactus, don't lose faith. There is still so much in this game that keeps me interested and analysis of what is happening does pay off.

For example, in my current game with Plymouth I have just gained a second successive promotion but the way of doing it kept me going. Like I mentioned early, playing a route 1 Stoke strategy really got me on a string of good results. In fact, I was on the point of posting that playing this way was far to successful and was close to being an exploit. However, once I had gotten to 2nd place in League 1, I started to run into better teams and these definitely did not fall over for my direct football. In fact, it restored my faith in the game that better teams came up with strategies to use their more skilled players to override my "hoof if forward" strategy.

So while at the end of the season I was dropping down the table, it actually gave me more faith in the game as I am no great tactician and my players lacksti skill at this level although my squad is amongst the tallest, most determined and hard working teams.

I then had to revisit my tactics and changed them slightly to still play directly but not bypass the midfield totally. Long story short, I got promoted again. I still have this lingering doubts about the over effectiveness of direct play but I push that all to the back of my mind and pretend I am a great manager.:D

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/372244-Keeper-Distribution I saw this thread but it’s closed now. I want say few words about keeper distribution.

This was the first thing I noticed in new FM 14 ME. SI has changed this aspect very much and It has huge impact on many tactics.

Opposition attackers now marking more tightly defenders in order to not give GK make short pass and force him to make long pass instead.

One more changes I’ve noticed that Technique attribute is now visible for GK. My FM 14 ME experience shows that higher Composure, Technique, Kicking GK have then higher chance for him to make short pass. This stats now have stronger impact on this.

Also I’ve noticed that GK “Run With Ball” is likely to set at Rarely even on Sweeper Attack Duty. I conclude it comparing previously ME.

I don’t think it’s a bug I think it new ME thing.

Just want to know if this is an accepted issue.

My strikers are having up to 20 shots between them in a game, but not scoring, yet the AI strikers are scoring from practically every effort.

This has been over a few saves, with different teams and tactics.

Just had an untried young American striker score a hat-trick in about 12 minutes with 3 shots, my strikers had 14 shots 0 goals.

I thought the game didn't differentiate between human and computer controlled teams???

Archived