Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

I must ask and im sure I am not the only one that has experienced this....Flying freaking ninja kicks giving my players red cards every 3-4 games. The opposition as well. I do not have defense on stuck in and at times have it on stay on feet. Anybody?? Just making sure this is a known issue. Silly I havent asked before since its happened for so

long.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Feel i have to mention this although i can already see the reply's.

Am in my 3rd season at Villa, i'm doing great so despite all the issues i can still manage to keep my save going.

My strikers are having to have 16 shots between them for every goal they score, whilst my midfield and defence are averaging a goal every 4 shots each.

As i said i'm in season 3 and it is getting progressively worse. I have Benteke and Bony up front and they have the lions share of the chances(10-20 shots a game between them) but rarely find the back of the net from the easiest of chances, yet my defenders and midfielders are tucking these chances away at a much better rate, so there is a obvious and blatant issue here.

I'm even considering dropping the forwards for AMC's just to guarantee myself a few more goals.

Here is where it starts to get very annoying, time and time and time again.

15z1a1v.jpg

Be nice if i could win a game like this.

I've seen a few times it being mentioned that SI are tweaking the transfer bugs etc but can someone kindly tell me what exactly it is they are doing please?

On my save i've seen some weird and very low transfers taking place..

Tom Cleverley has just signed for Barcelona for 10m...really??

Townsend left Spurs for only 8m to rivals Man City

Sunderland sold Seb larsson for only 2.5m ...... he's only 28 and a key player for Sunderland...surely that's wrong?

Shaktar sold 27 year old Ilsinho for 650k

I thought FIFA had some weird transfers but this is worse

Cleverley to Barcelona :lol:

As i typed this WBA have just signed Leandro Damiao for 3.8m :rolleyes:

Please tell me transfers are being looked at very deeply...this is ruining the whole game for me.

Paul has actually spoken about this already, check back through the thread. He's not going to pop in every 5 minutes saying "not there yet".

When its ready, SI will release it. That is all we know right now

The devs at another studio have come up with a quote which suits perfectly in here:

"A patch is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it is meant to." :)

Watching 'key' events on ME seems to miss alot out. A red card just flashed up without seeing the incident and sometimes I can go through a whole match with 20+ shots and seeing just 1 or 2.

You need to watch them in extended mate to see more of the chances etc

Watching 'key' events on ME seems to miss alot out. A red card just flashed up without seeing the incident and sometimes I can go through a whole match with 20+ shots and seeing just 1 or 2.

Key is the bare bones, if you want to see more of the game you should switch to extended or comprehensive (my favoured choice)

Key is the bare bones, if you want to see more of the game you should switch to extended or comprehensive (my favoured choice)
You need to watch them in extended mate to see more of the chances etc

I have always watched key (I think) and it has never bypassed a red before, or missed so much action. Might alter this though, thanks.

In FM13 I had to switch from comprehensive to extended because comprehensive would annoyingly not fast-forward though big chunks of downtime, like players retrieving balls for corners or players being walked off the field for injuries. Is this still the case?

Really interested to find out how many of you play on 2d?

In principle, 2d for me is the ideal engine for the following reasons:

- tactical visibility

- still leaves something to the imagination

- means you don't have to watch your 25m striker stood still looking like a lost zombie (just an inevitable consequence of the 3D game's growing pains)

- is clearly impressionistic rather than 'realistic' - i.e. it is a depiction of the match. Meaning you, as a viewer, are not tempted to ask it questions which - until it is literally FIFA 2018's engine! - it could not possibly answer.

this said, it is all the more frustrating that the 2d ME, from a pure viewing pleasure/engagement perspective, seems to have gone backwards. Statistical quirks are not a strength of mine, but I will raise:

- the ball now appears to 'skid' around the 2D turf? this is a terrible shame

- shots seem to just 'roll over' the goalkeeper. very unsatisfying to watch on 2d. This was never the case before

- there is no sense of impact/percussion when players kick the ball now. It used to feel really impressive when Montolivo would curl one from 25 yards. Almost as if you could see his boots making contact with the ball...?!!?

- it seems to be harder to judge different degrees of ball height. This is a big blow to the clarity and enjoyment of the viewing experience. Where did this go?! The ball often seems 'glued' to the floor, even though I am sure on 3d it isn't.

A real shame. For the first time in 15 years of champ I may have to temporarily abort.

(Of course there is a bigger 'thought piece' here, which is around the ME as being 'figurative' (i.e. it literally attempts to show everything that happens as if it were a pure transcribed reality) or 'illustrative' (my preference, where the ME is supposed to ILLUSTRATE what your players did, and how the game pans/panned out.)

The first of these invites inevitably negative comparisons with dedicated 'figurative' MEs like Fifa or PES, the second is where I believe FM needs to be...and why my preference remains for 2d.

I echo everything here. 2D classic for me

It has been changed for FM 13, key is now just goals and maybe one or two chances, extended is what key used to be and comprehensive is what extended used to be.

Key does seem to show a lot less than it did last year

Is anybody finding that small teams are generally the harder teams to beat? I always seem to have high shots/possession stats, never score but always concede from all their shots on target. Seem to remember this was an issue with early FM2013.

My FBs will fly into tackles with a high success rate on the halfway line but won't block/tackle anything around the area. CB's are slow to react from 60 yard free kicks and allow so many one-on-ones from them. They just seem to slow down and watch. No high line either.

+ Goals conceded on near post from Free kicks and corners...high!

I'll hold my hands up, I cheated :(

I saved my game after my last qualifier for the Champions league as I wanted the easiest draw as possible, funny thing though after I re loaded my save 5 or 6 times I got the same draw every time, I also had the draw for the Scottish league cup at the same time and got the same team every time.

I thought these were random draws????

(I know i'm evil for cheating by the way)

I have always watched key (I think) and it has never bypassed a red before, or missed so much action. Might alter this though, thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that "extended" is the same as "key" was on previous editions. I play extended, and it's perfect. Always used to play with key highlights on FM11 and earlier versions.

I saved my game after my last qualifier for the Champions league as I wanted the easiest draw as possible, funny thing though after I re loaded my save 5 or 6 times I got the same draw every time, I also had the draw for the Scottish league cup at the same time and got the same team every time.

Yes you are evil :)

They are random, but not random during the draw if you get where i'm going. If you were to save a week earlier, it would be different. Since i'm not evil I can't guarantee this :), but I read it somewhere on this forum last year.

they are random, but as far as I'm aware the draws are calculated a few days before you see the news item.

Sadly it's as bad in the lower leagues... Currently playing with Aldershot in Skrill Premier - when it comes to renegotiation of contracts players often want appearance fees equivalent to half of their weekly wage and in most cases a huge increase in overall wages whilst only being prepared to sign one year extensions. Then the process repeats itself next season, so you end up releasing all your better players unable to afford their wages only to then find them signing for clubs of lesser stature (quite often division below) on a quarter of what they were asking you for... It's ridiculous. The same goes for a lot of free agents (though not all)... the amount of times i've gone in for a players, offered a contract at the high end this standard of football can offer, only for him to go sign for half if not less the wages at a lesser club is beyond count now.. Makes building long term squads nigh on impossible.
Sometimes it's even worse. On my current save with Sutton, Jamie Slabber left after the first season in which he scored 26 in 41 appearances. No one would sign him, and every few months I tried to offer him a contract but he wasn't having it. He ended up retiring after that year of nothing, but he was only 30 and in good form.

I also had the draw for the Scottish league cup at the same time and got the same team every time.

Whenever I start a game as Stirling (and this goes back to FM12!), I always, without fail, draw Livingston in the first round of the League Cup. It's as if the early rounds in the first season are hard-coded into the game for some reason.

One thing I'm noticing now is that whatever division I'm playing in, there seems to be considerably more goals than in the other divisions. This was happening on a lower league save in England where the amount of goals in the Skrill North was more than double that of the Skrill South, and I've just started a 'Saviour Cometh' challenge with Hibs in the SPFL Premiership, and in the first couple of games, there's been more 'big' scores than not. Given the challenge starts halfway through the season, I checked back and the results before I started were much more realistic. It's only been a couple of weeks, but I'll monitor it.

May well just all be coincidence of course.

One thing I'm noticing now is that whatever division I'm playing in, there seems to be considerably more goals than in the other divisions. This was happening on a lower league save in England where the amount of goals in the Skrill North was more than double that of the Skrill South, and I've just started a 'Saviour Cometh' challenge with Hibs in the SPFL Premiership, and in the first couple of games, there's been more 'big' scores than not. Given the challenge starts halfway through the season, I checked back and the results before I started were much more realistic. It's only been a couple of weeks, but I'll monitor it.

Probably because your leagues is set to full detail simulation unlike the others? Worth checking.

I recall reading a thread on the ME bugs forum where a guy managing a Segunda B club found that the overall goal totals in his Segunda B group were consistently higher than the other groups. It's almost certainly because the in-group matches are simulated using the full detail ME while others are done via quick sim.

We, as customers would appreciate it if someone on behalf of SI posts a feedback thread for the Match Engine, its state at the moment and the fixes that are coming soon. At least show us that you are aware of the issues and that you try to solve them asap. Please

We, as customers would appreciate it if someone on behalf of SI posts a feedback thread for the Match Engine, its state at the moment and the fixes that are coming soon. At least show us that you are aware of the issues and that you try to solve them asap. Please

Of course they are aware of the issues, they've said that countless times!

Has scheduling changed from last version. I have a very congested set of fixtures every month from november to january here is one example. one game every three days

and one with a single day between. How are we able to keep players from exhaustion?

I am either nuts or missing something. nobody has seen this?

Sadly it's as bad in the lower leagues... Currently playing with Aldershot in Skrill Premier - when it comes to renegotiation of contracts players often want appearance fees equivalent to half of their weekly wage and in most cases a huge increase in overall wages whilst only being prepared to sign one year extensions. Then the process repeats itself next season, so you end up releasing all your better players unable to afford their wages only to then find them signing for clubs of lesser stature (quite often division below) on a quarter of what they were asking you for... It's ridiculous. The same goes for a lot of free agents (though not all)... the amount of times i've gone in for a players, offered a contract at the high end this standard of football can offer, only for him to go sign for half if not less the wages at a lesser club is beyond count now.. Makes building long term squads nigh on impossible.

Yeah, i.m.o. contracts and offers are not working well in 14.1.3 for LLM.

I started a game with Maidenhead during the beta. At pre-season, I was able to make a few good loans. But that has changed with the full release. Now I can not get any loanees that would fit in my first team. All players refuse the loan deal, unless they are lower level than my current squad. Very annoying, especially since I am having a good season. I'm currently (in January) tying with 5th place which would get me into play-offs, which is great since Maidenhead was expected to fight relegations.

You could say that I have a reputation problem. But it is not that simple. A number of the players that rejected me went on to go on loan at another Skrill North / South side. One player was especially bad. He chose for Staines over me, when they were firmly in 21st place while I was standing 6th. Cmon!

Another player who refused to play for me on loan was playing for the reserves at Bath. Instead of getting experience at the level his own club's senior squad, he prefers to play for their reserves. Maybe there is some reason for that, but another problem is that players provide absolutely no feedback when they reject an offer.

Loans are much more short-term than transfers. As such, players should value them differently as well. Also, players should not be able to refuse loans so often when their club accepts the loan. Especially in a situation when they are not getting first team football at their club (not needed by club players or hot prospects).

Other problems include:

- teams keep making me € 0,- offers for a player who is not transfer listed and has a value of 2k.

- players ask ridiculous wages and bonuses when I try to (re-)negotiate contracts.

- the board offered me a new contract in december. My current wage is € 475/wk. Since I am very much over performing, I was looking for a sign of appreciation from the board. Instead they insulted me, offering me a meagre € 250/wk. WTF?!

This is a feedback thread, they have already stated that they are aware, and that there after further fixes in the pipeline. There is no more to add to that. Not sure how many times the same thing can be said.

I don't know if it has been said before, but:

Is it me, or are away games much, much more difficult to win this year? I don't seem to be able to produce a decent away run in this years edition, no matter what I do. Never had that problem in previous FM's. I'm not saying that as a criticism of the game (it's my tactics?), but I just noticed it. Home and away form seem to be completely independent from each other (which they should be). This never really was as much the case in previous editions as far as I can remember. Either that or I've changed the way I deal with away games myself.

Of course they are aware of the issues. I don't think it will be much longer before the patch is released, but being a coder myself I know what problems can arise when you rush these things. I would rather them take a few extra days to make sure they are happy with it.

Managed to finally complete a season and while there are some very annoying ME bugs; such as defenders standing in the 6 yard box and watching the striker run at them from 20 yards away and then score or Strikers that have lots of chances but score none, yet a mid has two and scores two. Expect these bugs to be sorted soon and as I won the title with Liverpool have to say I am liking the new tactics :D

The real annoyance for me at the moment is with contracts. Trying to renew contracts and I am having the same issues that have been mentioned above with quite a lot of my players wanting huge rises but as some of them have more than a season left, I am having to try and talk them out of demanding a new contract than trying to negotiate which is near impossible. With both Johnson and Gerrard I don't really have a choice and they are the only ones who are opening with a lower squad status but they both want pay rises and huge rises in all parts of the add ons for there contracts with no real negotiation possible. Hopefully this is also being looked at. and will be fixed soon.

Once these bugs are sorted this will be easily the best FM yet.

Oh and first season highlights were AC Milan being relegated, Swansea winning the Euro Cup and the transfer of the season which was Darren Fletcher moving to Bahia to show off his silky skills. He is back up for sale

no way haha in my game AC Milan was relegated along with Fiorentina LOL :)

playing with Swansea 1st season bought Alex McCarthy for £4.3m lol standings are:

1- man utd

2- swansea

3- norwich (LOL)

4- chelsea

8-arsenal

12- liverpool

13- man city

haha

is it just me or anyone else notice unnecessary yellow and red cards in pre-season? shouldn't the referees be more lenient during pre-season?

for the amount of times i have started a new game (and that quite a few times) i always seem to get a red card during a pre-season.

I'm not seeing many through balls like in Football Manager 2013, so I was wondering is it because of my instructions or have they been toned down?

Anyway what passing setting do I choose If I want for exaample my Deep Lying Forward (Support) to play through balls to my Advanced Forward given that they make the partnership in my attack? Do I choose More Direct Passing, Shorter Passing or something else? At the moment it's set to More Direct Passing, but I'm not getting the desired effect like I did in Football Manager 2013.

Really interested to find out how many of you play on 2d?

In principle, 2d for me is the ideal engine for the following reasons:

- tactical visibility

- still leaves something to the imagination

- means you don't have to watch your 25m striker stood still looking like a lost zombie (just an inevitable consequence of the 3D game's growing pains)

- is clearly impressionistic rather than 'realistic' - i.e. it is a depiction of the match. Meaning you, as a viewer, are not tempted to ask it questions which - until it is literally FIFA 2018's engine! - it could not possibly answer.

this said, it is all the more frustrating that the 2d ME, from a pure viewing pleasure/engagement perspective, seems to have gone backwards. Statistical quirks are not a strength of mine, but I will raise:

- the ball now appears to 'skid' around the 2D turf? this is a terrible shame

- shots seem to just 'roll over' the goalkeeper. very unsatisfying to watch on 2d. This was never the case before

- there is no sense of impact/percussion when players kick the ball now. It used to feel really impressive when Montolivo would curl one from 25 yards. Almost as if you could see his boots making contact with the ball...?!!?

- it seems to be harder to judge different degrees of ball height. This is a big blow to the clarity and enjoyment of the viewing experience. Where did this go?! The ball often seems 'glued' to the floor, even though I am sure on 3d it isn't.

A real shame. For the first time in 15 years of champ I may have to temporarily abort.

(Of course there is a bigger 'thought piece' here, which is around the ME as being 'figurative' (i.e. it literally attempts to show everything that happens as if it were a pure transcribed reality) or 'illustrative' (my preference, where the ME is supposed to ILLUSTRATE what your players did, and how the game pans/panned out.)

The first of these invites inevitably negative comparisons with dedicated 'figurative' MEs like Fifa or PES, the second is where I believe FM needs to be...and why my preference remains for 2d.

As a few others have said, I totally agree with these comments.

I prefer the 2d engine, but it's not as easy on the eye as previous editions. I thought FM12's 2D engine in particular was good.

I posted this in the bugs forum and was just wondering if you guys are still getting this with this years release?

Having played this game for years we always see a team having to play maybe 3 or 4 games in a week when in truth it is really not necessary.

Here is a very good example from this years release.

I am playing as Leipzig and I am now in the German second division. I have a game planned but because I have some 7 international call ups the game gives me the option to ask for the game to be postponed.

I thought that was great as sometimes you do not get the option and have to play with a weakened team.

So I asked to have the game postponed and that was fine.

So here I am a week after the international call ups and I have a game on Monday evening, following that game is the postponed game on the Wednesday evening and then another game on Saturday.

Now that may seem bad enough but if the AI would just check my fixtures, if the game would have waited just 2 weeks neither me or my opponent has any midweek games, so we could have easily had the game during any of the following weeks without the need to play 2 games in what is 2 days.

Here is a screenshot of my fixtures.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/468667223350674397/B1868741798E195F2E74EE00291028B0A6F0D8C5/

As a few others have said, I totally agree with these comments.

I prefer the 2d engine, but it's not as easy on the eye as previous editions. I thought FM12's 2D engine in particular was good.

Thumbs up. 2D all the way. To be able to imagine what's actually happening really adds to the excitement in my opinion.

I thought this was strange before, but now I'm increasingly convinced it's a bug:

A player's 'Last 5 games', and FM14's understanding of his form, include reserve team fixtures. I am getting asked in press conferences about the 'crowd favourite' performances of a striker who hasn't started a first team game in many, many weeks. I've also seen news items from club icons talking about how awesome he is.

Maybe they're just super-fans who attend reserve fixtures too?

This is a feedback thread, they have already stated that they are aware, and that there after further fixes in the pipeline. There is no more to add to that. Not sure how many times the same thing can be said.

Ok, but to be fair the guy may not have looked through every single thread searching for those few posts

Archived