Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Administrators
Is it only me, or is Robert Lewandowski joining Bayern on 01.07. in this version? Do SI know something we humble mortals don't? :)

There was an issue in the beta data, this has since been updated but you'd need to start a new game for this to be in place. If you HAVE started a new game, let us know and we'll look into it. Thanks.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adding columns to the tactics view screen during a game is nice. But re-sizing them is a complete nightmare.

If i add a column then the Avg. Rating column disappears to the right and no matter how much i drag any column to re-size it's just gone.

If two columns disappear then i can get one back by click-dragging the "wrong" direction first (it disappears to the right, so i have to re-size to the right) then back in the opposite direction to where i want the border of that column to be.

That column that comes back is now visible again but it's massive.

The column furthest to the right is still gone. It exists but it's not possible to view it.

I get the icon to click and drag but nothing happens.

If i could import the same tactical view in the in-match tactical view, as i can in the regular tactical view, then it probably wouldn't be a problem.

But i can't do that. It basically says it's not possible.

Any ideas or pointers would be most welcomed.

This is possibly one minor thing that has annoyed me in the last few versions. Re-sizing the columns is, and have been, a complete nightmare for me.

There was an issue in the beta data, this has since been updated but you'd need to start a new game for this to be in place. If you HAVE started a new game, let us know and we'll look into it. Thanks.

I have. Several new games, in fact :)

If it makes any difference, I didn't have the older version of beta, got my key only two days ago, and I started by installing the demo.

Thanks jayscfc, it seems the custom graphics are causing the issues with the Steam Workshop.

No probs, thought it'd be best to get it posted on here and if it helps people who've got custom facepacks, logos etc like myself get past the freezing issue then great!

One of the moderators has just informed me over on the Skinning part of the forums that simply changing the name of the "graphics" folder will also solve the freezing issue. That'd probably be quicker if your "graphics" folder is massive.

After clicking on Steam Workshop in 'downloads' from within game, it freezes with endless HDD activity. Now its doing something because if you go to your C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014 directory, there is now a 'Steam Workshop' folder, and within that, a 'graphics' folder, and within that, hundreds of other folders with hundreds of images??

No wonder its freezing!

What are these folders getting created for?

After clicking on Steam Workshop in 'downloads' from within game, it freezes with endless HDD activity. Now its doing something because if you go to your C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2014 directory, there is now a 'Steam Workshop' folder, and within that, a 'graphics' folder, and within that, hundreds of other folders with hundreds of images??

No wonder its freezing!

FM14 reads images needed for the player faces, club badges, team kits etc from folders that're called "graphics".

I imagine what SI are hoping is that all these packs that you download from various sites such as SortItOutSI and fmbase will be downloadable from one place, that one place being the Steam Workshop. Anything downloaded from the Steam Workshop will then go into the Steam Workshop folder and put into the "graphics" folder in that folder and therefore FM14 can read the images.

I hope that makes sense and if I'm completely wrong, which I'm more than likely am with it being 3am, then someone feel free to explain better and correct me.

No wonder its freezing!

They're holding the clubs' logos and such, it would seem. Not sure whether they are the ones original license wouldn't cover or just a copy of files already present in game...

• Administrators

Workshop - please rename the graphics folder or move them and they won't get moved

Try putting them back afterwards and see if this resolves your problem. We're looking into this issue at the moment, thank you for raising.

Played TONS of FM14 since early release and even some matches in the full version.

Players seem to act like headless chickens, here are some of the problem I've encountered:

1. Players tend to hold the ball and not move... waiting for the opposition to take the ball away.

2. Players pass horribly, even those with 17+ passing, and I don't mean through balls and stuff (surprisingly bad players do it well), I mean a simple pass is executed with poor touch, vision and reaction from the other player.

3. Players shooting decisions are FAR from being real, after a lot of time with the 3D ME i thought a chance wasted would be better presented but as of now a player can get the ball run run run until his 1v1 with the keeper and shoot it to the corner flag/ straight into the keeper's hands.

4. Players seem to dribble STRAIGHT into the oppositions feet, i had Ben Arfa and Ronaldo, both very good dribblers which sometimes do go on good runs but a fair share of those attempts have been wasted by not thinking, running as if they don't know the opponent is infront of them.

5. Defenders more often than not ignore instructions and are just looking at the opponent player dribble and mark him from afar even tho i have mark tighter set on them.

There is a lot more but this is what i can say for fact that is flawed IMO.

sorry for the (probably) horrible english.

Workshop - please rename the graphics folder or move them and they won't get moved

Try putting them back afterwards and see if this resolves your problem. We're looking into this issue at the moment, thank you for raising.

Yep, fixed my issue. I waited 30 minutes earlier to see if it would load, (I tabbed out, I wasn't just watching the screen), renamed my graphics folder to bgraphics just then, and voila instant access.

Well done SI. Excellent job. Only two things have put me off thus far. Player ratings are simply awful. It also seems that you are unable to criticise a player without an adverse affect of their morale. This was always a very important part of the way I play. Morale in general needs improving to be honest. Apart from that, great job!

I would love to have someone from SI explain why there is no mass-edit of "player data" function, for example position or current/potential ability, in the editor. It was there in previous versions. I would also like to know if they plan to address this with a patch or some such.

The one thing that spoiled fm13 for me and ultimately stopped me buying it was the ball movement, as in the players looked like they were playing on an ice rink and the ball bounced and would speed up. It happened on the demo, not nearly as much granted, but can anyone tell me if the ball acts same/simialr way for full version?

• Administrators
When doing an instant result in classic, the ass man still does not make subs. Will the patch later today fix that?

We're currently looking into that issue at the moment, thanks for letting us know.

Been playing fine for last 2 weeks. Been playing on the full release fine for a few hours too.

Just moved the megapack into my graphics folder and loaded up the game again, clicks dont seem to be responding very well, think its making me double click everything but not sure, sometimes it takes more its very strange.

I play on typical high end windows computer with gaming mouse.

EDIT: Everytime I try to change the rendering mode it takes me back to the 'my profile' screen!

EDIT: Infact if I try to click any of the drop lists on the Interface page it makes me back to the profile page.

Adding columns to the tactics view screen during a game is nice. But re-sizing them is a complete nightmare.

If i add a column then the Avg. Rating column disappears to the right and no matter how much i drag any column to re-size it's just gone.

If two columns disappear then i can get one back by click-dragging the "wrong" direction first (it disappears to the right, so i have to re-size to the right) then back in the opposite direction to where i want the border of that column to be.

That column that comes back is now visible again but it's massive.

The column furthest to the right is still gone. It exists but it's not possible to view it.

I get the icon to click and drag but nothing happens.

If i could import the same tactical view in the in-match tactical view, as i can in the regular tactical view, then it probably wouldn't be a problem.

But i can't do that. It basically says it's not possible.

Any ideas or pointers would be most welcomed.

This is possibly one minor thing that has annoyed me in the last few versions. Re-sizing the columns is, and have been, a complete nightmare for me.

It LOOKS like it is gone, but it doesn't really disappear. It's a bit of a nightmare, but if you do get a column that disappears, try and drag it open from the far right hand side. Your cursor will change to a double side arrow pointing left/right.

It is pretty much the same thing you would do if you were trying to make the very last column narrower. Instead of making it narrower, you end up dragging the column you're looking for into view.

Hope that helps.

My game is not updating to the full version, still on version 14.1.1

Brought from Greenman gaming and been playing the BETA and now its not updating to the full game?

Go to Green Man Gaming website, log int to your account, check the Games library and you will notice Football Manager 2014 will have 2 CD-Keys, activate the 2nd one.

Been playing fine for last 2 weeks. Been playing on the full release fine for a few hours too.

Just moved the megapack into my graphics folder and loaded up the game again, clicks dont seem to be responding very well, think its making me double click everything but not sure, sometimes it takes more its very strange.

I play on typical high end windows computer with gaming mouse.

EDIT: Everytime I try to change the rendering mode it takes me back to the 'my profile' screen!

EDIT: Infact if I try to click any of the drop lists on the Interface page it makes me back to the profile page.

Adding to this problem, I cant make substitutes, nothing happens when I try to drag the players over, meaning I literally cant play if I get an injury..

Quote Originally Posted by Vernum View Post

There is a patch again later today ?
No one has suggested that from SI.

Well there should be.

The ratings is seriously flawed and even though it sounds like a small cosmetic problem, it reverberate through a huge range of aspects in the game like the players reaction to criticism, morale, player value, lack of training effort due to lack of morale due to bad reaction to criticism due to flawed rating of players otherwise good game etc.

Another aspect that need attention is the lack of simple shortpassing. Too many passes end up as an interception due to what I gather to be poor offensive positioning combined with lack of offensive movement up front.

Everybody should watch a match in full before praising the ME. There are still some strange things going on that doesn't make much sense.

- Players who continuously make deep crosses where no players other than the opposing keeper are to to receive.

- Short passes who goes straight to opposition in midfield

- A lot of crosses hit the goal cross bar and either bounce of to a throw in or a corner

- A lot of defensive headers from own penalty area is headed straight down field no more than ten meters, often to the opposing AMC or MC.

- There is a noticable ice-skating effect when watching the match in 2D

- Strikers who seems overly passive when given the ball in opportune places.

- Keepers still not following orders. It's a lot better than in early beta, but it seems I have no way to tell the keeper and defence than one defender, no matter who, should go deep to collect the ball.

Either way, the game shows a lot of promise. I'm just disappointed that this years early release ME problems is not less than last year. Seems like Groundhog Day around here some times. :-/

Any ETA, after 15mins I'm still waiting :(

After reading the rest of the thread (tend to post as I go along), found that renaming the 'graphics' folder solved it.

Workshop in the FM coding must move all the 'graphics folder data' it finds over to workshop (and give each graphic their own folder using the unique id).

Will take a very long time if using the facepacks etc. and put the in a 'graphics' folder.

I normally keep steam in offline mode as I only play FM and not online so now I have updated to the full game am I sweet to knock it into offline mode for another year? Or would it be wise to see if any further updates are released in the coming days?

dont know if anyone has all ready raised this probleam but while i was ready to move graphic from fm folder in order to download the dark skin i noticed a very big folder, in FM14 a "steam_workshop" files folder is being created and all graphics i have are stored again (nearly 5GB) each one in a seperate folder, each folder has for example one facepack and a config file for it . i assume thats a probleam.hope it will be fixed.

After reading the rest of the thread (tend to post as I go along), found that renaming the 'graphics' folder solved it.

Workshop in the FM coding must move all the 'graphics folder data' it finds over to workshop (and give each graphic their own folder using the unique id).

Will take a very long time if using the facepacks etc. and put the in a 'graphics' folder.

Correct! So people who have been waiting for 20-30 minutes actually have 6 gb less space now if using the facepack because it's been duplicated.

Genuinely cannot believe, after two weeks of beta, the release version of the match engine has this many defensive bugs. Even ignoring the full back ratings bug (which affects morale, discipline etc), you have a situation where crosses can't be cut out, players can't follow up on a challenge, players STILL run into the box without even an attempt at a tackle and you may as well not have full backs on the pitch.

Since installing the final version of the beta, my relegation-tipped Conference side has enjoyed results of 4-3, 3-4, 5-4, 5-2, 3-3, 3-3, 4-4, 5-2 and 2-4 in the first 19 league fixtures! And this is the release day engine?!

Maybe it should be a month long beta process? Because you can't have a release day engine in this state, with defending even worse than the initial beta build where there was an issue with players backing off and not making tackles.

Genuinely cannot believe, after two weeks of beta, the release version of the match engine has this many defensive bugs. Even ignoring the full back ratings bug (which affects morale, discipline etc), you have a situation where crosses can't be cut out, players can't follow up on a challenge, players STILL run into the box without even an attempt at a tackle and you may as well not have full backs on the pitch.

Since installing the final version of the beta, my relegation-tipped Conference side has enjoyed results of 4-3, 3-4, 5-4, 5-2, 3-3, 3-3, 4-4, 5-2 and 2-4 in the first 19 league fixtures! And this is the release day engine?!

Maybe it should be a month long beta process? Because you can't have a release day engine in this state, with defending even worse than the initial beta build where there was an issue with players backing off and not making tackles.

*****ing hell.

And yet there are others, like me, who are not seeing these silly high scoring games. Highest that I have had, is a 2-2.

I am seeing crosses being cut out. I am seeing fullbacks tackle too. They are defensively far from perfect, but it isn't completely broken.

Just downloaded the editor, trying to launch it and it says "failed to find language data, could not select language". Any ideas?

I had the same problem, it was because I had FM installed on my SSD and I installed the editor on my HDD. Uninstalled and installed on the ssd, problem solved.

Found the fix for how to get the Dark Skin working!

If, like me, you've got custom facepacks, logos, etc etc then do the following:

1) Move the Graphics folder out of the Sports Interactive folder located in My Documents and put it on your desktop.

2) Fire up Steam

3) Go onto the Workshop for FM14

4) Subscribe to the Dark Skin

5) Restart Steam

6) Fire up FM14

7) On the start screen, click Downloads

8) Click Steam Workshop

9) It should load up immediately, no freezing at all

10) Install it

11) Go into Preferences and change it

Thank you,this worked for me.

Not quite sure if this is a "bug" so to speak or just a part of coding that the coders haven't been able to implement in the game but... When watching the game in 3D mode players never collide... There seems to be no player collision what-so-ever. They glide through each other like ghosts and this is really an annoying mistake in the game engine because it takes out so much of realism. We should see players colliding with each other, grappling with each other in tight situations and never in any circumstance should they just walk through each other.

This is a major thing that should be prioritized to be fixed for the next patch! Collision detection between players. No more players running through each other.

My full game is working perfect . Two days ago my beta game crashed for the first time (right after i forgot to save it for a few weeks...)

So i lost 4 games(three wins and one draw).. it was a sign.. because one minute later my pregnant wife said 'we have to leave to the hospital' .. five hours later my son Alexander was born :)

Thank you Si for the realism :)

Archived