Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

As much as I liked this game series this one has pushed me off the edge tbh.. it was fine before any of the patches now it's silly. Just a few points,but I struggle to play this now for more than a couple matches at a time unlike the Beta when I could spend half a day on it without any problems.

Too many crosses hit the bar

A lot of red cards

So many penalties

Ridiculous amount of goals

Every time you make a sub / change mentality you concede, defenders watching the ball go past them & watching other team run straight onto it.

Near post corners are dumb for both user & AI

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tactics are learnt FAR too slowly.

Spot on! The only thing I practiced, except fitness, during pre season was tactics. Comes the opening of the season and their tactics familiarity is not even halfway on the learning bar. Plus all of my tactics resembled one another. This definetely should be fixed.

Another thing, yesterday I played a derby match and noticed in the end the opponenet only commited 4 fouls! That must be wrong. Add to that the fact that the result was 0-0 which makes it even stranger that such a hard game should only have 4 fouls commited by one team. My players were getting knocks as well, so I wanted to check if the opponent was too rough and the information got me supprised. I had about 12 fouls or something...

I also wanna mention

- Match ratings system still broken (the biggest problem at the moment)

- Constantly getting the scouting reports of the same players

- Too many goals from corners, scored by same players!

And just one more little thing. When I get loan reports of the players that are away on loan, and I sort them by ratings for example. When I click on a player to check him out and then go back to news, the list doesn't remember that I sorted it by ratings and goes back the way it was. A small thing really, but it would be nice if you got it to remember that sorting action. A 5 minute job for the programmers I guess, but it could eliminate the annoyance of sorting the thing repeatedly for no reason ;)

And just one more little thing. When I get loan reports of the players that are away on loan, and I sort them by ratings for example. When I click on a player to check him out and then go back to news, the list doesn't remember that I sorted it by ratings and goes back the way it was. A small thing really, but it would be nice if you got it to remember that sorting action. A 5 minute job for the programmers I guess, but it could eliminate the annoyance of sorting the thing repeatedly for no reason ;)

Same thing happens with the expiring contracts list report.

I really like how you can now tell other managers to fulfil their promises of playing your loanees.

On the flip side it is a little repetitive when you have a player on loan.

I took a young guy from Man Utd on loan, he has hardly played for me as I prefer someone else in that position.

I have David Moyes contacting me every 3 or 4 weeks saying he is not happy with him not playing, I tell him after looking at him I don't think he is good enough to start but maybe if he gets his head down yadayada.

He is happy with that and tells me he is very busy and has to go.

I am now at the end of the season and he has contacted me at least 12 times, every time the conversation goes the same route.

I really like how you can now tell other managers to fulfil their promises of playing your loanees.

I had a message that my player was being played out of position and I took it up with the manager who said he would play him in the agreed position and then didn't. Has anyone had the other manager listen to them?

You know why, because the game on release is rushed and incomplete.

Though there are many complains as of now, as expected, we know fm 14 is going to be a awesome game by next year March when all patches are out. Most likely by patch 14.3.

When FM 15 comes out, as usual with the unplayable bugs its gonna come up with, they will go how fm 14 is the best FM ever. Rince and repeat year on year.

I gotta thank those who bought it early though. Guinea pigs. Im enjoying fm 13 though. Can't wait for March next year to get the full version of fm 14. Gonna be awesome.

I'm assuming you've played the BETA or demo for FM14?

I don't buy it. How come the forum is filled with posts like "my team has 30 shots on goal, the opponent has 4, yet I lose 2-1"? I am in my 4th season now, and this happened to me at least 4-5 times since 14.1.3 came out.

If it's only happened 4/5 times in four seasons then I wouldn't say it's an issue.

Most of us agree.

I think what happens is that people go overboard in either direction. One wants to protect the game at the cost of denying real issues. Other want to attack the game to an unfair degree.

I've been guilty of both in different situations. It's human nature.

For the most part though. The criticism has been constructive.

1) Too many shots

2) Defense not really trying

3) Bad finishing from strikers

4) Ineffective CAM's

5) Too many corner goals

We've done a good job of reiterating these issues.

I agree with everything you said, much improvements have already been made with the game much more easier and fun to play a slight issue would be my strikers missing easy chances & I would like more money for my transfer budget :lol:

I'm also finding it hard to sign coaches from different clubs their not interested in joining my club but hopefully that will change next season ; )

Feel so strongly about this visual presentation issue that this is the first time I have ever posted!

While I agree with you, I think the overwhelming majority of fans (and the dev team) are more focused on the ME and game bugs right now.

If SI ever did take two years off to do the next version, they would do well to fold a lot of your advice into the process.

That said, I hate player faces, both real and generated, so I'm sad they took out the option to disable them.

always the same. invest in 3d, invest in sporadic things and ignore the main thing we all love this game - playingness.

and it is like this from 01/02 edition. okay, evolution implies itself, and game in general is better every year. but always same things happen. it is

inadmissible to go one step forward and two step backwards. full back issue, ratings, transfers... it is not serious. last year it eas other things, 2012. edition it was morale...

invest in playingness, bulid up AI team strength - that is important, leave this sporadic "fifa-pes" things alone, it is not important.

I think the game actually is very enjoyable might be that it's going well for my team also (second in the championship with sheffield utd in the third season) One thing i would like to add to the game is when agents gives you offers to sign their clients I think one nice addition would be to tell them to only give offers on players in a certain position. I like that I'm receiving offers but I don't want offers on DM's all the time...

Are the appearance fees correct or is it the bug? Every player who is extending contract demands at least triple than he had in previous contract. Like 50k appearance fee?! He will play at least 30 games, so that is 1.5mil/per year on appearances alone. And that's only one player. If you have 10 like this..it's 15 million. I'm not sure if it's like it supposed to be?

Also when are you going to have an option to take over another club but finish the season at the current club? For example, if you have a great season as Ajax, final of Europa league is looming and you have an offer from Chelsea and you must go ti Chelsea immidiately instead of being able to finish you season at ajax first.?

I'm playing as Lurgan Celtic in the Norn.Ireland 3rd Division. I am Semi-Pro and have no wage budget but all my players get taken for free by other clubs meaning I have to sign youth players. Is that right for Norn.Ireland?

Also when are you going to have an option to take over another club but finish the season at the current club? For example, if you have a great season as Ajax, final of Europa league is looming and you have an offer from Chelsea and you must go ti Chelsea immidiately instead of being able to finish you season at ajax first.?

That would actually be a really good addition to the game. You could make the start date at your new club sometime in June, for example. If it can be coded for players to move in the future, surely can't be too difficult to have that for managers.

That would actually be a really good addition to the game. You could make the start date at your new club sometime in June, for example. If it can be coded for players to move in the future, surely can't be too difficult to have that for managers.

Isn't this already in the game?

Guys, the transfers suck.......!!!

Liverpool have just offered 325K for Fabianski (i'm Arsenal) he's worth 2 mill

I counter offer by saying, 1.6 mill (He's not on transfer list)

They come back with £725K but the best bit is £36k over 12 months?????? (yeah that will do it...)

Selling players has been like this for a few versions now, it's the same old pay a fortune for who we want and get nothing for our players? needs a tweak SI no?

Not wishing to argue here (I'm a supporter of the Mighty Arsenal) but £725k seems more than reasonable for goalie who's out of contract in 12 months, has played only a handful of games in the last 5 years and is, well, not the greatest option.

I got £2.4m for Bendtner on transfer deadline 2013 which, considering the club couldn't give him away recently, was good (my fans agreed). A £16m opening bid for Ramsey from Man City, which is probably where they'd start their bidding.

I think it's much more realistic this year. Most football fans (me included) have very little understanding of what goes on in the background with transfer bidding, I suspect insulting, hopeful bids are quite common.

I'm done with this ME. If my players are closing down opponents higher than Barcelona irl despite counter attacking mentality and without any specific pressing shouts, then you know it's something wrong. And if my central midfielder closes down higher up the pitch than my forward and stays with the player he closed down (freezes actually) despite the fact that ball's moved close to my penalty area, then you know you have to quit and cool down. I like this year's version a lot, seriously. But watching games is too painful right now.

As has already been answered, there is no known date for the next update.

As was the case last time we had an update, a thread will be opened here to confirm when it is available for download.

Idle speculation is pointless, but please continue to give constructive feedback about 14.1.3 in the mean time.

I asked because in Football Manager 2013 could be played after the last update in March. However, the same with Football Manager 2014 and I hope that you still will not end up in March 2014.

There are a few bugs in version 14.1.3 of which has already been mentioned. These errors are serious and cause frustration with the game. Until the new update comes out it makes no sense to play.

Guest El Payaso

- Too many corner kicks and goals on them

Is this really back again? Haven't really played the game with the newest update but what I liked in those two first versions of beta was the fact that set pieces really weren't that effective. I played a whole season with Boston United and did score maybe 2 goals from corners (conceded less than 5) and about the same amounts from in-direct free-kicks and these were with default settings. It is such a shame if attacking side once again has huge edge in set-pieces. :(

I have been following this thread for some time and thought it was about time I through my 2 pence worth in...

Firstly, the new game looks a lot smoother, the game runs nicely and seems a lot more 'polished'. I love the new contract/transfer negotiation options, plus the job interviews for new positions. I also think the player interaction is a lot better, asking players to change agents and asking your captain to help increase motivation adds to the realism of the game.

Although when I was messing round and took over Sunderland (as a test game) who were bottom of the league by 15 points, I suggested to the team we could fit and stay in the division. This was on December 22nd, nearly half way through the season. The players for some reason responded by saying I was showing a lack of ambition and we should be finishing mid table....15 points adrift of safety, 2 wins all season....really? This does seem a bit of an issue?

I agree with the ratings off full backs and the excessive amount of shots, although I only played 2/3 games so cannot comment on this too much. I played one game against Aston Ville and it finished 0-0 despite them having 17 shots on target and me having 12. I accept a game could finish 0-0, but it just seemed like an awful lot of shots for a Premier League match. The following game again Liverpool at Anfield finished 1-1, again with an excessive amount of shots being had by both sides.

The game play however seemed smoother, better quality football was being played and my centre backs were no longer launching the ball 40 yards for no apparent reason despite having all the time in the world, my strikers made runs into space and my wingers actually beat a man on the outside and whipped crosses in which was nice to see. I do agree with other posts though, there does seem to be a few occasions when my defenders just ran away from their players leaving them to walk the length of the pitch and shoot despite being instructed to close down opponents and tight mark.

Transfer wise was my biggest issue, as others have stated bids from the AI seemed extremely low, Adam Johnson for example got a bid from Leeds of 250k which seems frankly appalling, John O'shea also had a bid of 100K from Burnley which again seemed very low for a premier league experiences centre back, irrelevant of his age or recent performances.

That's all for now, overall I really like the look of it but based on a few of the issues raised, especially with the transfer bugs, I will probably wait to start any new games before a new patch is released.

Archived