Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

I'm curious about who compiled the stats for Aaron Ramsey. Do they even know who Aaron Ramsey is? I know it's a data issue and I need to blah blah blah if I want it changed, but seriously, have they been living under a rock?

we going to pretend he wasnt average last season?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
noticed a lot of players drop condition from 90 to 60 within 1st 5 minutes, more often than not leading to injuries .
I think that is usually due to them getting hurt during the game but not hurt enough to be considered an injury yet.

Not down to SI - the researchers, who work voluntarily, are responsible. You don't agree, post it as a data issue in the relevant board with relevant evidence, and it'll be fixed if necessary.

so SI are not responsible for the content of their own product ? hmmm...ok...interesting take. I posted 3 examples but there are many more...no more glaring than sheyi ojo a very promising English player at Liverpool who is not a striker and not right footed. I think the lack of adequate updates to data is obvious...not up to me to do the research. i'll change it in the editor. its just slack is all for a product which prides itself on its thoroughness, particularly relating to its data

im getting a lot of comebacks despite fresh players on field and defensive settings. score goal, set to contain, play safer, drop deeper. NAH still get smashed.

im leading 2-0, then i lose 4-2....

last season in EPL, teams that led 2-0 had 95% win rate.

NINETY FIVE. so why every time i am leading 2-0, i end up losing 50% of time?

Did you stop watching football from February onwards?

Maybe he is just on form, and last season was his normal level. Attributes on players are very subjective. If you feel it's an issue, raise it in the data thread, but stop clogging up the feedback thread.

Havn't got the game yet, just been reading through this thread. I definately get the impression SI really needs to look at the transfer market again.

Some problems with fm12 we're, a transfer market that topped out at 30 million forever for other clubs; Players going to clubs and having the appearance records of back up goalkeepers and not seeking exits or loans, and the club valueing them highly and not letting them leave; Clubs buying a player that would go on to be really succesful, and then selling them for very little profit; AI refusing to offer more than the valuation for your players, even if you've got the new cristiano ronaldo, they'll be offering 25m if you're lucky; And many more. Just doesn't sound like its changed massively, correct me if im wrong. If im not wrong, is it too late to patch an improvement to that? I really think competetive, ambitious AI in the transfer market could be a big difference to how much of an improvement a new football manager could be.

im getting a lot of comebacks despite fresh players on field and defensive settings. score goal, set to contain, play safer, drop deeper. NAH still get smashed.

With all due respect that suggests something about your management abilities if this is the case and I don't know why you are posting this on a feedback thread. If this is happening to you then you need to go to the tactics forum.

Just played a match on the Demo. My further observations:

It is easy and quick to navigate from screen to screen. User experience has been smooth, no lags. Also, despite the absence of sliders, I find that the player roles are self-explanatory and it is easy to set up a coherent team tactic with sound understanding of football.

My first match was PSV vs. Jong PSV (PSV's reserve team, playing in the Eerste Divisie). Match engine-wise, my feedbacks are:

1). Too many shots in the match - my team had 26 shots, Jong PSV had 12. Feels almost like a Champions League match, end-to-end attacking style despite this being a first team vs. reserves pre-season match. Both my team and Jong PSV played as 4-5-1, with a lone center forward supported by 2 wingers;

2). Playing on 2D, player movements seem sluggish. I was thinking, for a good technical team like PSV, surely their movements should have a bit more zip? Also, the entire feel of match do not have the robustness I felt when I was playing FM11 (which I still do).

3). Ball trajectory seemed too flat. There have been a couple of times where a shot flew past the 'keeper and I thought it was an on-target grounder, only for it to cannon off the bar.

4). Shots seemed to fly straight through the 'keeper, as if he wasn't there.

With all due respect that suggests something about your management abilities if this is the case and I don't know why you are posting this on a feedback thread. If this is happening to you then you need to go to the tactics forum.
Allways the same answer, can't occur to anybody, that the ME is ******? if you get to defensive the other team will get on your midfield(this is normal) but becauso of the awfull ME the defenders just stare to the opposition and don't make any kind of opposition exception to the occasional tackle.

I'm tired with all the "it's your tactic bubububububu" just watching the 3D match for 5seconds makes me cry my 33€

My team when gets very offensive ends up with 16 players inside the penalty box with a festival of shots at teammates.

Awfull, hope to some patch soon enough.

Sorry guys. I really am sorry to say this but this years game is a bit of a mess. This is going to be a long post, as I'm going to try and outline what my issues are, in the hope that SI gain some benefit from this post, rather than it being a one paragraph whine which doesn't really help anyone.

Before I go into why, I'd like to give a little background. I've been a massive fan of the CM/FM series since CM4, and have played every year since then. I found myself able to get success on every version, with the right amount of difficulty, up to FM13. Aside from one save as WBA, I struggled to find any successful tactics etc, which led to me putting in considerably less hours on FM13 than I had on 11 and 12, around 400 hours, actually. I always believed however that 13 was so close to being a great game, it just lacked the ability to really make an impact on your squad. Team talks, tactics, etc etc seemed to be routinely ignored or brushed over by my squad, or had such a short lived impact that they ultimately seemed pointless.

I installed the BETA of 14 with much excitement. I hadn't played the game since August, which for me, is a hell of a long time. I started up a game as United, with international experience, to bed myself into it. I had a whale of a time. The match engine seemed solid, and I was seeing things that had seemingly been a rarity in previous match engines, such as a weighted through ball to my strikers to put them one on one, and thought, 'they've got it right this year'.

I played the BETA as United up until release day, finally looking to get into a game as Oldham, the team I support. I played a few games and realized my side was getting low ratings constantly, particularly my full backs. As this has been mentioned, I won't go into it in too much detail. At the time however, I was discussing their poor performances with them, which seemed to infuriate them, despite them picking up ratings of ~5.0. This led to a morale drop spreading around my squad like a disease.

I tried a different approach, and started as Middlesbrough, with Professional experience. I had the same issues. Then I went with Norwich, with international experience, and had the issues again. After growing tired of the same thing happening again and again, the same issues with the match engine (which I'll go into later), I spoke to a friend who'd recently got the game. He was finding it quite forgiving as United, with international experience, and told me to stick with it, and give it another shot.

I started as Preston in League 1 with international experience. I said to myself, I'm really gonna work hard at it, and made myself 3 tactics developed to deal with different situations, and to play to the strengths of my main forward, Kevin Davies, who for League 1, is an outstanding target man. I started off fairly well, winning 3 and drawing 1 of my 4 pre season games. My morale was good, which wasn't the end of the world, but considering how we'd played in pre season I found it a little low. Never mind, I thought.

I played my game on the opening day, at home to Wolves, and lost 3-1. I told the team that I was disappointed, but in a calm way, as despite their poor performance, Wolves were always likely to be the better side on the day. I then lost 2-0 away to Blackburn in the league cup first round. Same team talk, same reasons. Morale was stuck on the poor/okay area, with the majority on okay. I could understand this, we'd started poorly but it was still very early in the season, no need to panic.

We followed this with back to back wins, 2-0 away to Rotherham, and 2-1 at home to MK Dons. I praised the side for their wins, without going over the top, it was still early in the season, when anyone can beat anyone. I come back to my squad screen to find their morale a mixture of poor, very poor, and okay, with the vast majority being poor. Now this I couldn't understand, after back to back wins, one of which was against a playoff rival. I'd not critisized anyone, I'd not given anyone any over the top praise, and we'd just taken 6 points from our last 2 games. This is where everything begun to go wrong.

I then lost 1-0 to Coventry away, followed up with a 1-1 draw away at Walsall. Not too concerned, win your home games, draw your away games as they say. I'd taken a point from two tough away ties. Not the end of the world.

My morale was still poor/very poor, despite us doing reasonably well in our start. Two wins, a draw and a loss in the league, and a loss away at a team in a higher division in the cup.

Next however, I played Wolves in JPT first round. Learning from my mistakes in the first game of the season, where I'd given Griffiths and Doyle far too much attention, I decided not to mark Doyle and Griffiths tightly straight away, I'd watch and see how much space they got before committing to them too much. Doyle scored in the 23rd minute after being left in acres of space. I decided at that point I'd have him marked tighter, and put Bailey Wright as his man marker, with 13 marking, he was the best I had. He went on to bag two more in the next 10 minutes. Figuring that he'd scored more being tighter marked, I took off the man marking. He scored another. Sako then made it 5. I was 5-0 down before half time. I simply could not string 3 passes together, whereas they'd had somewhere in the region of 27 shots at half time. I appreciate that the Wolves squad is very good for league 1 level, but this was ludicrous.

I went on to lose 6-2. By this point, the morale sapping virus that had infected my squad, which had seemingly come from nowhere, had well and truly destroyed us. The icing on the top was our next game, at home to Oldham. Being an Oldham fan, I know we have got a decent squad (who are inexplicably unlucky in the real world atm, but that's another point). I went into the game with terrible morale through our squad, despite still being 13th in the league, and Oldham's morale was good/very good. I lost EIGHT - ONE. They had had in the region of 28 shots at half time. By full time, they had around 40 shots. 40 shots from ONE team. You're lucky to see that many in 1 and a half games of football, and that's split between both sides.

No matter what I did, I could not get my defenders to stick close to the Latics strikers, MacDonald and Rooney. I tried hassling, tight marking, man marking them, I removed the hassling opponents and dropped deeper, to see if I could limit their chances in and around the box. Nothing worked. Every time their wingers got to a crossing position, Rooney and MacDonald were in acres of space, regardless of whether or not I had tight marking etc on.

This was the result, of two things. The match engine needing a fair few tweaks, and the morale sapping issue. The morale issue turned into a vicious circle. It appeared from nowhere, which led to a poor performance against Coventry, which ended in defeat. Morale dropped further, so I scraped a draw against Walsall. Morale randomly dropped again, leading us to get back to back slaughterings off Wolves and Oldham, which obviously left morale at an all time low. From nowhere to begin with!

The issues I have with the match engine are as follows;

1. There are often a ludicrous amount of shots, for one side or the other. Some people have it where their own side has 35+ shots, and few, if any, goals, wheras the opposition have 6 or so shots and nick a goal. In other peoples case, such as mine, it's where the opposition seem to hit 35+ shots. I watch a lot of football, on the tv, and I've been regularly going to Oldham games for the last 8 years or so. In all the time I've been watching Latics, I only remember one game where we had 25+ shots, and that was the second leg of the JPT regional final 11/12 against Chesterfield. I think that the amount of shots player take, needs toning down. It'd solve two problems IMO, the first being the insane amount of shots taken, and the second being the amount of ridiculous shots you see, either fired 20 yards wide from 15 yards out, or from the byline, and fizzing out for a throw in on the opposite wing.

2. Defending needs sorting out. At the moment I am finding it impossible to get my defenders to mark properly, close down, or even consider where the opponents are. The whole 'stay goal side' logic isn't implemented in the game whatsoever. I see players attempting to 'mark' players, but behind them, freely allowing the attacker to remain goal side whilst making no attempt to get goal side of him. Wingers are regularly left completely open on the opposite flank. If a player attacks down the left, the right winger is left in absolutely acres of space. I completely understand that in that situation, any smart winger would either a. look to nip in at the back post unmarked to finish, or b. stay wide on the opposite flank to either pick up on any overhit crosses, or to stretch the opponents defence across to him, opening up space in the box. But we're talking about them being in 25 yards or so of space sometimes, whilst my left back is concerning himself with getting a drink from the dugout, or going and picking up a random midfielder.

3. Some of the passes at the moment are completely wild. I know that not every pass would be expected to connect, but sometimes I'm seeing player (on both sides) under no pressure, misplacing a simple 10 yard pass by a good 5 or 6 yards. As I said, I know this can happen sometimes, but I'm seeing it far more often than I'd consider realistic.

I know that some people are going to reply 'it's your tactics' or whatever, which is fair enough, but me and many other people are experiencing this. It doesn't seem to be effecting my friend anywhere near as much, but he's playing as an elite team with an elite managerial reputation from the start. I dispute the 'it's your tactics' response on two levels.

The first is the fact that I, in my opinion, understand tactics in modern football well. Without sounding like I'm 'blowing one's own trumpet', to quote George from Blackadder, I am qualified to coach football, and I do so. I'm not saying this is the be all and end all, there are thousands of people out there who have a grasp of tactics way better than I do. All I'm trying to prove is that I'm not some tactical noob, who is say;

1. Telling my team to hassle opponents whilst defending deeply.

2. Allowing opposition wingers to freely cross the ball when they have 2 6'3"+ strikers on the pitch.

3. Forcing players to go narrower who have solid long shot stats.

Please note the above are things I am NOT doing. Just three examples of tactical mistakes people could theoretically make.

Secondly, when people say, that other peoples tactics are wrong, what are we supposed to do about it? Lose game after game after game, tweaking and changing tactics to try and find something right? By the time that's happened, it's often too late. Bad morale has kicked in, or you've been sacked. I appreciate that it's not simple to get a team to fully understand a new tactic, but sometimes it feels futile when your players, particularly those in the defensive areas of the pitch, seem to bluntly ignore the tactical instructions you set anyway.

I'm sure some people have made successful tactics straight away, but those tactics don't suit every level. At the moment the game feels very difficult to me if you're playing at anything but an elite level, IE teams who are in Europe. To the people who are succeeding at finding solid tactics, and are enjoying the game, I wish them the absolute best. But sadly, for me, at the moment, I'm not enjoying the game.

I enjoyed it in BETA. Perhaps that was because the changes since have changed the game too much, or because I was playing as an elite side with elite reputation.

I hated FM13 with a passion. It felt somewhat unfinished. At the moment, FM14 feels the same way. Perhaps, as some people have said, next year a longer BETA may be a good idea? Yes, some people use it as a way to just play the game early, but others give valuable feedback and see things that the developers might not see. Ultimately it's SI's decision.

I'm not giving up on this years game, and I'm not writing any of the staff off. They've proven time and time again, particularly with FM12, that they are more than capable of getting it right. I'm going to take a break from the game, until the next patch is out. I know you guys can get it right, you've done it before, please go and do it again. I can't have another year of not getting hopelessly addicted to this game.

Apologies for the long post. If anyone, fan or staff, wishes to discuss this with me in more depth, please feel free to PM me and I'll help/explain in any way I can,

Cheers,

Nez

or you can look at other peoples' feedback and see the complaints about unnatural comebacks and teams scoring on you right after you scored

it is playable.

getting rather fed up of the number of headers being headed over the bar from 2-3 yards, as well as hitting the woodwork 3+ times a game

243311E58A4BF0B6BDD6AC7751DBEB2C588EEB75

dominate from start to finish, and score 2 goals and they score 1 from thier only chance. it is every match, same stuff happens, missed from 2 yards, players somehow hitting the keeper instead of the gaping net, players somehow not scoring a rebound in a goalmouth scramble. hitting woodwork

or you can look at other peoples' feedback and see the complaints about unnatural comebacks and teams scoring on you right after you scored

This has been a problem throughout the series. Not played this one enough yet to judge properly, but after 8 games I haven't seen this issue. Only one team has beaten me after I got a two goal lead.

i have been contributing to bugs forum for a couple of years. too bad a lot of submissions get ghost removed, even when they are valid uploads, not sure because of a overzealous mod or known issue. i stopped after fm13 got progressively worse after release, i enjoyed the fm14 beta somewhat , but last patch or 2 has ruined the experience for me. it seems every time they attempt to fix something, they break 2 things. it is frustrating. i want to enjoy the game and not put it away for another 5 months until the final patch will make it playable somewhat again

I'm curious about who compiled the stats for Aaron Ramsey. Do they even know who Aaron Ramsey is? I know it's a data issue and I need to blah blah blah if I want it changed, but seriously, have they been living under a rock?

He's an Arsenal fan who not only is a season ticket holder, he regularly watches the reserve and youth sides. You clearly know you should take it up as a data issue etc. So the next time I see you question his competence in this manner you will recieve a ban. The feedback on this thread has really been excellent, especially on picking up issues, probably the best ive ever seen it, but I'm really getting sick of people having personal digs SI staff, moderators, researchers etc. We've tried to not go down the banning route, giving people plenty of warnings, but seems a certain few are ignoring this, so I'm going to quote Neil Brock:

Although we appreciate constructive criticism, when a new game is released we've often seen destructive criticism and personal insults aimed at SI staff and the forum moderating team and this simply cannot be tolerated. This form of criticism not only spreads false information about game development, but poisons the forum experience for all our users, including those employed by SI. These forums are intended to be a source of help and information to SI's consumer base, and this purpose is obscured when team members have to spend inordinate lengths of time defending themselves against snipes, insults, deliberate falsehoods, prejudiced misinterpretations and destructive attacks on their integrity and ability.

We feel that certain users' posts over-step the mark in terms of the above and therefore we have procedures to address this. We understand that our community is incredibly passionate about the game and very much wants every new incarnation of Football Manager to be our best. We as a developer share that – we want FM to be the best Football Management experience our users have ever encountered.

We really do value constructive feedback. The game simply wouldn’t be what it is today without the huge amount of support, feedback and suggestions we’ve received over the years. It’s just when users overstep the line, including personal attacks on SI employees and moderators and a plethora of posts which seem intended to start arguments rather than generate constructive critical debate, we have to take stronger action. We would love to become more engaged with our forums, but feel that the current climate is preventing that from being an achievable goal. Therefore if anyone posts in a manner which is continually disrespectful, either to the developers, moderators or other users they will be banned

We really really appreciate all the people taking time to keep posting, even when stuff is clearly frustrating them. But for those few spoiling it, consider yourselves on notice.

Quantity does not equal quality. People complain about everything on here, but very few actually back it up with evidence.

Show us it happening and you might find people believing you.

Someone is poring LSD all over Europe water supplies, across all relative topics in this forum we have the same complains, i started already 3 saves, sent alot of pkm's and screenshoots and i find allways the same problems with the ME and ratings.

It's stupid that the defense does not work, no matter what you do, they still glaze at the opponents.

Like in all FM's opposition need a 1/8 of the shoots to score.

Ratings are stupid.

Defensive moviments are stupid, they just pile up in the penalty area.

I have games where my players hit 4 or 5 times a teammate in a shot and the opposite gk makes the moviment to save.

The corners are stupid.

Bones are very easy to be broken in this FM, like the knees getting busted.

In resume if you put 22 auto cleaning robot hovers in a room with two goals and a ball, you will get the same defense system that in FM14

Someone is poring LSD all over Europe water supplies, across all relative topics in this forum we have the same complains, i started already 3 saves, sent alot of pkm's and screenshoots and i find allways the same problems with the ME and ratings.

It's stupid that the defense does not work, no matter what you do, they still glaze at the opponents.

Like in all FM's opposition need a 1/8 of the shoots to score.

Ratings are stupid.

Defensive moviments are stupid, they just pile up in the penalty area.

I have games where my players hit 4 or 5 times a teammate in a shot and the opposite gk makes the moviment to save.

The corners are stupid.

Bones are very easy to be broken in this FM, like the knees getting busted.

In resume if you put 22 auto cleaning robot hovers in a room with two goals and a ball, you will get the same defense system that in FM14

So what you're saying is that these are bugs that only affect your team?

more than enough to warrant my comments.

Which doesn't really tell us anything. Now I'm ten games in and have not seen this at all. In FM13 this wasn't the case, 4 in 10 games had this issue for me. You really need to check how often this happens by looking at your results.

So what you're saying is that these are bugs that only affect your team?

No, they affect my reserve squad to, where i have no control, and what I say goes for the two sides, whate affects me, affect the AI team, but since i win 90% of my games i watch more the errors on the AI team.

For example my reserve team in 37 games have 90 scored goals and 100 conceived wich is stupid, i'm the worst defense and best attack by a huge diference.

FCP B 90S 100C

Beira-Mar 57S 27C Best Attack after me

SLB B 27S 79C Worst Deffence after me

When they get back to 2-1 do you change your tactics or do you think, nah, it's only 1 goal, surely they wont score again? And how about at 2-2?

i played 3 seasons, you played 10 games.

Ok? But you still are not offering anything to support your complaint. Including friendlies, I am on 17 games in this save. Not seen this happen once yet.

Have you actually checked to see how often this occurs, or are you going on gut instinct?

When they get back to 2-1 do you change your tactics or do you think, nah, it's only 1 goal, surely they wont score again? And how about at 2-2?

if im playing someone strong, i change it after 1-0 to play defensive, contain at 2-0. use play safer shouts, retain posession, shorter passing, deeper line. somehow they find ways of scoring regardless of tractics used. so far i only tinkered with shouts, and bringing in fresh legs for midfield and occasional defense. i shouldnt need to bring on another defender and adjust to preserve a 2-0 lead, nobody does it. players play more defensive in midfield etc, but you dont tinker with the backline that is supposed to be gelled. a couple weeks ago some big team in epl lost after taking off a forward to put on an extra defender, cant remember off top of my head who. you have your attackers drop deeper to preserve leads, and play narrower. you shouldnt need to alter anything drastic to defend a lead well

if im playing someone strong, i change it after 1-0 to play defensive, contain at 2-0. use play safer shouts, retain posession, shorter passing, deeper line. somehow they find ways of scoring regardless of tractics used. so far i only tinkered with shouts, and bringing in fresh legs for midfield and occasional defense. i shouldnt need to bring on another defender and adjust to preserve a 2-0 lead, nobody does it. players play more defensive in midfield etc, but you dont tinker with the backline that is supposed to be gelled. a couple weeks ago some big team in epl lost after taking off a forward to put on an extra defender, cant remember off top of my head who

Jose Mourinho says hi, for just one regular very high level example. Arsene Wenger for another. Rafa Benitez does it. Simeone for Atletico Madrid.

The EPL team you are thinking of is Man United, and they didnt lose, they drew. That was actually a really good example of why you shouldnt go defensive if you have been struggling to keep clean sheets/defensive control.

care to give examples of such things? they never alter the backline, but rather put another midfielder on

Jose used to bring on Varane for Alonso at times, Wenger would do the same with Monreal with a midfielder. Lots of teams bring on a defender for a forward, the same way you will see a team sacrifice a defender for a striker if need be. There really isnt anything special about it. It's certainly wrong to say no one does it. If you really haven't seen it, you should watch the type of subs made more often.

I'm not saying it happens all the time, or that everyone does it, but I would certainly never argue that no team adjusts the back line when winning, most common option is to keep a 4 man back line and push that defensive change into midfield.

if im playing someone strong, i change it after 1-0 to play defensive, contain at 2-0. use play safer shouts, retain posession, shorter passing, deeper line. somehow they find ways of scoring regardless of tractics used. so far i only tinkered with shouts, and bringing in fresh legs for midfield and occasional defense. i shouldnt need to bring on another defender and adjust to preserve a 2-0 lead, nobody does it. players play more defensive in midfield etc, but you dont tinker with the backline that is supposed to be gelled. a couple weeks ago some big team in epl lost after taking off a forward to put on an extra defender, cant remember off top of my head who. you have your attackers drop deeper to preserve leads, and play narrower. you shouldnt need to alter anything drastic to defend a lead well

Drop depper + shorter passing + retain possession... smh!!! Buddy you're a mastermind of football tactics... Perfect setup for desaster! and of course no manager subs off. Players for more def. option to strengthen their defense... guys over the last couple of days you're posting the same stuff all over again. We got it! Everything You and others mentioned will be or even has been already investigated. I'm sure and confident SI-Team will "improve" the me and other parts of the game during the upcoming days or even weeks, if neccessary. I don't envy you guys, dealing with all that stuff i'm reading here, my "ban sledgehammer" would have already been set on autopilot ;) mad respect!!!

Don't know if this is an issue or if I have the wrong settings on but I don't seem to be getting any media interviews / press conferences since 14.1.3. I mean none at all.

I talked to my assman and made sure I wanted to handle the press and he isn't doing the conferences for me either. Pretty sure I haven't changed any options since the update to the full game and the patches but the interviews have dried up.

I'm managing in the Skrill South if that makes a difference... (i.e. if SI suddenly implemented a change in the last patch to cut back on media attention for lower league clubs, which sort of make sense if you think about it).

No idea why this earlier post of mine was locked. Are we not allowed to solicit others' opinions before buying, mod?

The last FM that I spent serious time with was 2010. I bought FM13 on sale about a month ago. Haven't had time to play it much. Given that FM13 is a huge step forward from 2010, I was wondering if I should just stick to 13 and wait until a few patches have come out for 14 before buying? Compared to previous years, how big is the jump from 13 to 14?

what do you propose? so far you are just being an elitist jerkwad that offered no help. kindly f off. . i cant bring on a defender after 30 minutes to preserve a lead its unheard of. what shouts should i use instead? whats your advice you pro manager you

Yoshi, may i call you like that, i was harsh and my intention was not to discredit you by any means, but if you and other guys struggle with tactics or adjustments during games, then i don't get it why wasting time here, visit tactics forum and you will find a lot of help! Instead you come up with same stuff, without any specific details (formation/roles/duties/individual instructions etc.)... How are we supposed to help you??? what i would like to know, do you watch the games on full h. or only key h. ... Do you pause the game and look up the analysis screen (opp. heat map: how does your opponent occupying space/ where do they tackle and intercept your passes? In your own half/near your box? Is there any space on the wings/in the middle, when your opponent is pushing forward? Maybe it would be more fitting to set up a counter game or even rigid attacking game depending on your setup...) given little to no detailed information it's no easy task to figure out what might fit given situation. Therefore you should visit tactics forum!

Disregard my previous post. After a bit of digging around in the bugs forum I found this regarding no press conferences in the lower leagues:

quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by
Dagenham_Dave
viewpost-right.png

What's happened to pre and post match press conferences? They seem to have vanished, or is this a 'feature' of the new game?

They have been significantly reduced in lower leagues after feedback. It helps improve the realism and defines the differences between lower and top level leagues.

If you feel there is a particular scenario that you should be getting a press conference but are not, please post a thread here -
- and upload a save game before the press conference should appear.

I must say, that's a terrific addition
:)
I was actually one of the few people on here that didn't mind doing press conferences but I really like the fact they've been reduced. Adds a nice bit of realism to it all
:)

Don't know if this is an issue or if I have the wrong settings on but I don't seem to be getting any media interviews / press conferences since 14.1.3. I mean none at all.

I talked to my assman and made sure I wanted to handle the press and he isn't doing the conferences for me either. Pretty sure I haven't changed any options since the update to the full game and the patches but the interviews have dried up.

I'm managing in the Skrill South if that makes a difference... (i.e. if SI suddenly implemented a change in the last patch to cut back on media attention for lower league clubs, which sort of make sense if you think about it).

Dirtyscarab, as far as i can remember SI--Team did cut back on media attention, cause it's more realistic for LLC.

Edit: see you already got your answer ;)

How about some real life stats.....Im not saying I only want my best players too get 3-4 shots a game, but thats how it works. Not terribly great passing ratio but he still managed an 8.3.

1. OSCAR - AMC 8.3

Minutes played83

Touches75

Passes47/58

"Chances created"3

Take-ons1/2

Shots1*/3

Clearances4

Starting in place of Juan Mata in the center of Chelsea's attacking band, Oscar showcased his well-rounded game for all to see and garnered your Man of the Match award.

Thirteen minutes into the new season, with Hull City's defense in scramble mode, Oscar peeled off the shoulder of his marker and thanks to a quick first step or two, got his toes to the ball before goalkeeper Allan McGregor arrived on the scene. It finished off a lovely team move, one hopefully indicative of what we will get to look forward to regularly in the Second Mourinho Era, but it still needed finishing (right, Edin "Eight shots, zero goals" Dzeko?) so Oscar deserves his win in the polls just for that.

In addition, his 75 touches led all attackers and he put in a noticeable shift defensively as well. Especially in the opening third of the match, the Hazard - Oscar - De Bruyne combination was as good if not better than the vaunted "MaZaCar." And if we consider that the 21-year-old Brazilian has now been playing football continuously since the Pleistocene, his enthusiastic performance becomes even more impressive.

2. FRANK LAMPARD - MC 8.0

Minutes played90

Touches85

Passes61/71

"Chances created"2

Crosses3/3

Shots1*/6

And to think, we almost let him leave.

As it's been the case for most of the last two seasons, Lampard was deployed in a position deeper than it was ever thought possible once upon a time. And with his partner Ramires playing a tad bit more composed than normal and facing Tigers that lacked any real bite, Lampard was more than adequate on the day. His 85 touches actually led all Chelsea players, harkening back to an era where most anything that the Blues did on the pitch flowed through the now 35-year-old Vice Captain.

And then there's that wonderful free kick, the power and the swerve leaving McGregor flapping at air and making up for the earlier lackluster penalty kick effort. Lampard's goal vaulted the Blues into a 2-0 lead, and that's not a sort of thing we're ever likely to relinquish in this new-old era - and how refreshing is that!

3. KEVIN DE BRUYNE - AMR 7.8

Minutes played66

Touches51

Passes29*/35

"Chances created"2

Take-ons1/1

Crosses0/4

Shots0/3

After an impressive preseason when he often played as a central attacking midfielder, it was on the right wing that the the 22-year-old Belgian made his first official Chelsea appearance. He wasn't much of a traditional winger of course, often coming inside to cause havoc alongside Oscar & Hazard. It was in fact with one of these forays that he set up Oscar for the first goal, receiving the ball from Eden Hazard and teleporting it through the Hull City defender's legs.

Withdrawn on 66 minutes, the rest of De Bruyne's contributions aren't eye-popping, but we love all the Belgians so it feels quite nice to name him third star on his Chelsea debut.

This happens too much in the game and is extremely frustrating!

Yes it can and does happen in real life but on FM it is just ridiculous.

Hopefully you lot agree.

b5ba896963db8bac0ef5fbf7e1941ee1.png

The player runs down the wing and crosses it into the Target Man (Santa Cruz)

b3140fbffed7b789236e8fb996609860.png

The cross is perfect and lands on the head of the Target Man. It's surely a certain goal, he is only 2 yards out at max! Ohh hold on a minute ... He's headed it over the bar :brock:

This has happened too many times during the season so please could SI look into it.

Cheers

Tom

Hello

Cool game thanks :)

I think my fans are a bit stupid though, i agreed back in march to sell kagawa at the end of the season and now i get shirt sales for the new season and kagawa is my highest selling shirt? Even though he's leaving in 2 weeks... I know most united fans aren't the brightest bunch, but that is silly :applause:

I know this probably won't happen, due to a policy I fail to understand, but It would be nice to know what issues are currently under review. aside for the meaningless critisism in this thread, a lot of people spent a lot of time to conduct constructive feedbacks either in this thread or on the bugs forum, and yet many of these issues are left unanswered.

What is currently reviewed? what do SI consider working as intended? This is critical for most of us, to know what to look forward to. It is nice knowing SI are reading these forums and are taking notes, but what are those notes? what can we expect being fixed and what are we supposed to learn to live with?

Would love it if there was a thread descripting issues under review. I don't think it would downgrade SI, even if the number is high, but the opposite - We all know such a game is bound to have many bugs, espicially close to release, and the only reason I feel disappointed is the lack of clarity about what's wrong.

It would be totally counter productive giving a huge list of things they are working on... the unnecessary criticism is already too high, imagine the chaos when SI don't manage to get one little thing on their list fixed... it helps no-one, never mind how curious people get. It's the same reason it would be wrong for SI to give exact dates for the next update etc.

Why make promises they don't know 100% they can keep?

I can understand why they wouldn't commit on update dates. I wasn't asking for any promise to be made. But I do think that saying what is under review won't do any harm, but will atleast get customers to know that those issues are spotted, or these aren't issues.

People will always whine - You can't please 100% of any crowd, no matter how sympathetic they are towards your product, but just like I would prefer a waiter at a resturant to give me a heads up that the resturant is packed and service may be a little slower than him serving me in a lousy way with no explanation, I would like to know what SI consider the main issues - even if fixing them will take months, or won't happen at all due to other priorities.

If worded properly and if there's logic behind answers, everything is acceptable, even if not pleasing.

Archived