Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well after reading these posts I'm pleased to know that there are no major issues. I'll be buying this once I get back home, I always buy this in a two year cycle. My only gripe with fm12 was trying to offload dud players as a llm.

Why don't you explain what is happening here?

can't you see??its a freecick but getafe players looking wrong way.they are not staying between ball and GK...no one marking madrid's players..ronaldo short passed to between 6yard box and penaltı area and no2 scored..easy goal

Oh OK a new TV then or a bionic arm that kept smacking you in the face just at the wrong moment what a terrible anti-climax that would be, rather like some of the one on ones the ME comes up with.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are my new hero. There's a right moment to be smacked in the face by a bionic arm?? Also I love the description of the bionic slap being an anti-climax, how exciting is your life?!!

Also some feedback, not sure if it was present in FM13 as well, but praise be to all the Gods for the introduction of "listened intently" for team talks. Players that didn't seem to be listening to me on the old game made me want to rip my eyes out.

Anyone else scoring lots of goals from corners on default set-piece settings? Vermaelen's on 8 goals this season already and it's January. He already seemed oddly prolific, but I've scored even more since the last patch.

Maybe it's Ozil's great corner taking skills.

edit - make that 9 goals, he scored another in the same match. :lol: Basically the centre-back attacking the nearest post is almost always left ridiculously free.

Also some feedback, not sure if it was present in FM13 as well, but praise be to all the Gods for the introduction of "listened intently" for team talks. Players that didn't seem to be listening to me on the old game made me want to rip my eyes out.

I did ask for throw a cup and kick a boot options :)

Anyone else scoring lots of goals from corners on default set-piece settings? Vermaelen's on 8 goals this season already and it's January. He already seemed oddly prolific, but I've scored even more since the last patch.

This be a known issue, not even any need for a bug report.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are my new hero. There's a right moment to be smacked in the face by a bionic arm?? Also I love the description of the bionic slap being an anti-climax, how exciting is your life?!!

The key is the words wrong moment and the 2nd part of anti-climax, sort of Carry On humor.

edit - make that 9 goals, he scored another in the same match. :lol: Basically the centre-back attacking the nearest post is almost always left ridiculously free.

as stated above it's a known issue... for years :D but not solved.. maybe this year? i don't think so.. :D

So far finding that it doesn't mater how many you score because the opposition will peg you back how ever your playing. Setting team instructions for a fast, simple possession doesn't get results. Full backs instructed to hold position and defend constantly push to far up. For a person hows played this game for 20 years I actually got sacked as I couldn't get a result. The game is horribly unplayable as you just can't keep goals out.

Vidic on 15 in 18 games on mine. That's when I decided to put my save on pause, and wait of a patch to fix it. It's a massive exploit, and imo, a game-breaking bug atm.

People were a lot happier with the Beta because it was extremely easy.

Now it's the opposite. Everyone hates it because it is unfairly difficult. They pretty much make your team SUCK. And morale SUCKS.

And then go have fun. While your team ties against much weaker opponents, occasionally losing. And gets blown out by anyone remotely close.

Oh and it's your fault. Because everything you were doing that worked suddenly doesn't. But it's your fault.

Sorry I'm just frustrated. I understand this is a process. Honestly I think the Beta process should be like 2 months long. There is clearly some serious bugs.

I'm actually going to throw MORE MONEY at SI and purchase FM13. Cause obviously FM14 is a work in progress and can't be taken seriously at this time.

Here's the issues with the game

1) Way too hard. There needs to be some sort of middle ground was way too easy before.

2) Defending is criminal. They just don't go after the ball. As long as there is one person on the ball carrier everyone else is content to be in never never land and do nothing.

3) Players make the dumbest clearances. I have actually made a video where Danillo has FIVE wide open teammates infront of him and he clears the ball (gives it away basically) instead.

4) Players are extremely hesistant when crossing unless told otherwise. Doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

5) Set pieces slightly OP for the AI.

6) Shooting is absolutely absurd. 1vs1 chances that go VERY SLOWLY towards the goalie. Even wide open nets sometimes get slightly tapped and saved in the end.

But even worse is the HUMONGOUS amount of aimless stupid shots just blasting god knows where god knows why.

7) Last but not least they tend to under kick passes and then NOT GO AFTER THEM.

Overall the match AI sucks right now.

And Look guys I understand this will be fixed. I've been reading a lot. Apparently FM13 was pretty bad when it first came out before. But maybe you should warn your newer customers (like myself) not go expect too much at this time. This is a COMPLETE version after all.

I'm feeling the same since the last patch. Everytime i play i keep thinking "superkeepers are back". You have like 20 shots on goal and you got to feel happy if you score one. The opposition shoots 3 or 4 times against you and score 2 or 3. I did feel at certain point that the beta version was a little easy, but NOW come on........like you said it's unfairly difficult.

I do understand that the game is still being fixed, but at least FOR ME, this last patch is a kick on the teeth. And btw, i've been playing with the same tactics since FM07. Just saying.

The game itself, as a whole, is a huge improvement over FM13, but in all honesty, i think i'm giving a pause on my save untill a new patch is released. Not feeling like smashing my keyboard any longer :lol:

You have like 20 shots on goal and you got to feel happy if you score one.

Sometimes you just score everything that comes along, Although you take little enjoyment from it as the defending at times is pretty hideous.

Edit-

Oh yeah and somehow both fullbacks managed to get 6.4, go figure that out.

I'd also add there is an abundance of late goals as well, and I'm talking every game. The shot thing is ridiculous, had 6 shots with a match rating of 6.86 for the team and then lost to a team 2-1 who had 38 shots and a match rating of 6.80.

Say that my opinion is somewhat mixed. However, I am a former FM since I started with Championship Manager 2 there long.

It's not a big revolution with FM2013 on the plane of the interface. Which is very well.

Actions are more fun to watch but I am very surprised by the conduct of the games.

But SI what are you doing ? Even if you overlook it irretrievably lost. The guards stop everything, even at close range missiles.

More tactical instructions do not seem to be applied.

Finally, when I play a team playing 4-4-2, it's almost unplayable even against small teams.

I play 4-2-3-1 with OM

To top it all, Monaco is last in Ligue 1 after 7 days with 1 point!

SI could try the game before distributing it.

I'am very desappointed

So having read all the posts in the build up from the beta and demo I was saving a rant/explosion (primarily about the ME) until I had played the game for myself. However, after a playing the game for while, I find it is not deserving of a rant/explosion after all which has been a pleasant surprise. It is good to see that SI has made such good progress since last years version of the ME (which was actually dreadful to such an extent that I stopped playing it). I am not saying that the ME is in a finished state or anywhere close to it but the progress is absolutely commendable. The play is more fluid, cohesive and varied than it was last year and definitely more varied than it has ever been before which is very encouraging. One particular area of annoyance for me last year was the lack of through balls but from what I've seen they are definitely there now and its great to see...again there is room for improvement and the attacking movement can be improved upon to enable more through balls and more options for the attacking players/playmakers but the restrictions from last years ME seem to have been overcome (whatever is was ie collision detection was what it looked like)

- UI is definitely good and manageable though one thing has regressed is the taking away of the option to hide player pictures...the panel now which shows age/dob/height/weight/value/wages etc just does not look well and the provision of that information is poorly presented...the graph of attributes takes up too much space and is unnecessary...I've read it was proving difficult but it was there last year so obviously far from impossible...no need to take the easy option sometimes.

- ball physics aerially are vastly improved too

- main issue is the ice rink/ice skating effect and particularly so as its a year on from original Fm13 and not fixed yet. friction is very real and I've seen it better represented on video games on the commodore 64 20+ years ago so in this day and age to be subjected to the skating/sliding is really not acceptable...SI you are much better than that.

it really is farcical to watch some of the player movements sliding and first touch sliding a distance away (not because of deftness of touch but the effect of lack of friction). the ball also without hitting off something rolls almost indefinitely without decelerating which is nonsense. what is most frustrating about this is that with this at the level it should be the match would be fantastic to watch, easily the best ever...I think it would be the most awesome experience SI has offered up yet watching the 3D match with zero ice rink effect. And before anyone harps on about graphical representation blah blah blah it is clearly a road SI has/is going down...its high up the list of how they describe the new game in advertising for it...I've heard people go on about dirt on shirts in wet conditions and stairwells in stands which are all good (tho not really necessary) but these shouldn't be developed to the detriment of the enjoyment of watching the match itself which ice effect causes...please please please fix this for once and for all as I believe the effect of doing so on peoples experience of watching the game will be enhanced significantly...perceptions of the ME itself for some people may even change.

- the obvious things such as too many shots/tackles/interceptions are all well know and WIPs so that will clearly improve ME too

Have to play a lot more to see how responsive the ME is to tactics now and I have wondered what the effect of removing the sliders is on that (considering sliders last yr had a much much less discernible effect on teams actions in games on that ME as previously were they just conveniently removed as they weren't making a real difference anyway ie ME randomness is being hidden... i'm kidding lol).

There can certainly be more done to improve attacking play through movement providing more options more fluid movement of players...the defences seem to be able to clog up middle of the pitch play in the top third too easily (yes it happens irl) but I suspect reduced tackling and interceptions will automatically improve teams attacking play in the top third allowing more creativity and through balls reducing necessity of high numbers of shots etc ...I do appreciate its a very tricky balance but the signs are certainly encouraging. please tho sort the ice rink thing asap...I suspect many customers will be much happier with what they watch as a result of that and many perceived gripes will be lessened and the too many shots etc will be more palatable until fixed.

anyway SI, well done so far but de-ice the match and you'll have a much hotter product on your hands lol

I'm loving the game, not unsual.... But still annoying when it comes to transfer proposals for my players. Rubbish! For example, my player is 5M worth and someone interested keeps bugging me with 800k offers. Why bother? Please, go buy yourself some woods and get lost on it. :p other than that, LOVE IT!!!!

To reiterate Neils opening post:

Any questions, please look on the FAQ - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/

Any feedback please make constructive and leave in this thread.

Any bugs, please raise them here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/359

Any issues running the game or with crashing, please raise them here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdi...chnical-Issues

Please stick to the above or you are just clogging up the thread

Sometimes you just score everything that comes along, Although you take little enjoyment from it as the defending at times is pretty hideous.

Edit-

Oh yeah and somehow both fullbacks managed to get 6.4, go figure that out.

Haha that last goal is probably the only one I'd have accepted.

The corner's are a recognised issue though.

And again 12 shots 9 on target 2 goals. The opposition 3 shots 2 on target 2 goals and I was 2 up as well and they score both goals in 3 minutes

So, what does that actually tell you, given the AI utilises the exact same match engine as you, and can't do anything you can't?

Haha that last goal is probably the only one I'd have accepted.

The corner's are a recognised issue though.

Only two of the seven goals were from corners, and neither of the two made use of the slight exploit in the engine. Are we not allowed to score from corners now?

as stated above it's a known issue... for years :D but not solved.. maybe this year? i don't think so.. :D

At least in the old days they used to mix it up from year to year :) . One year it was far post that was effective. One year it was challenge keeper since the goalies wouldn't use their hands in aireal duels from corners. But the last few years its been near post scoring at will.

All done decided that I will not play this until problems are sorted out which will prob be January. Think it is great you pay 30 quid for a game and then not play it for 3 months. You do not get this with anything else in life. Wonder how many people would ask for there money back if it was possible. Will be uploading the joke shortly so si can have a look

i'm very frustrated and can't enjoy the game because the very poor defending my defenders just run upon the striker or any player and don't even tackle or try to get the ball before 14.1.3 was a few tackles but now after this update no tackles at all ...... the overall defense is bad bad bad ..

So I've now got the full game and have played a number of matches on it so time for some feedback on the ME.

1) Visually SI have done a good job. It's the first time I'm giving them any praise for the 3D view, but it's really starting to look the part now. Movements are more fluid, animations and transitions continue to improve and for a managing game this is a pretty good effort.

2) The balance between wide play and central is definitely off. Only need to look at assist locations under team report (opposition reports) to see evidence of that. The vast majority of goals scored and conceded for every team are assisted from wide areas. The AI teams manage almost no goals at all from the central areas.

3) The fluidity of play and player decisions is much improved from FM13. Much less walking around with the ball. However, some familiar niggles still remain. The players are still oddly hesitant to cross the ball from near the byline. Still too little composure leading to ridiculous clearances.

4) Ball physics are seem a bit better than 13 but still off. Still see throw ins travel half the length of the pitch with players unable to catch them. Still gathers momentum from bounces. Still the ridiculous sideways curl effect.

5) About the 'super keeper' thing, the biggest issue is that there are once again too many good shot opportunities opening up from close range. The ratio of saved shots isn't that much of a problem but the way the saves are made is wrong. Keepers should close out on strikers and save these shots by making themselves big, instead they stay home and make wondrous leaps to pluck close shots out of the air. In the big picture this isn't much of a problem but it is frustrating to watch.

6) The most important part. Defending is actually much improved from 13. Team shape works looks much better, players position themselves much more intelligently, anticipate passes better and make the right movements to intercept. Where it all falls apart a bit at the moment is one on one player engagement. I said earlier that I fully support the shift towards more tactical defending less dependent on tackling and I still do. But it's never going to work well unless a way to win the ball from an opponent without tackling is introduced. When a defender has an attacker running at him the only way for him to win the ball right now is to tackle. They can't use their physique to muscle the opponent off the ball, they can't do much to guide them into a less dangerous space because they have no physical presence and they can't even block crosses or shots unless it's straight at them. The poor defenders are being completely overwhelmed and they simply have no tools to deal with it.

Overall though, this is a much better effort than 13, imo. Seriously, each to their own but I simply cannot comprehend how people prefer 13 and it's aimless wandering about in treacle to this ME. Sure it was more stable and balanced stat wise but by Christ was it a frustrating one to watch!

they will be making some improvements with the ME because so many ppl are complaining now I remember when fm 13 first came out It was so difficult to play and then there was update which made life much easier hopefully there will be some improvements with the ME because it is a good game

Not specific to 14.1.3, but I'm a little annoyed that

1) changes to individual player instructions during a match are kept (I much prefer the old system when any tactical tweaks during a match only apply to that game). This doesn't apply to team instructions as far as I'm aware.

and

2) a player can only have one set of instructions per position, i.e. it is not possible to have a specific set of instructions meant for player X in position Y for tactic A and a different set of instructions for player X in position Y for tactic B.

Anyone else find these annoying?

6) The most important part. Defending is actually much improved from 13. Team shape works looks much better, players position themselves much more intelligently, anticipate passes better and make the right movements to intercept. Where it all falls apart a bit at the moment is one on one player engagement. I said earlier that I fully support the shift towards more tactical defending less dependent on tackling and I still do. But it's never going to work well unless a way to win the ball from an opponent without tackling is introduced. When a defender has an attacker running at him the only way for him to win the ball right now is to tackle. They can't use their physique to muscle the opponent off the ball, they can't do much to guide them into a less dangerous space because they have no physical presence and they can't even block crosses or shots unless it's straight at them. The poor defenders are being completely overwhelmed and they simply have no tools to deal with it.

You are, in my opinion, the first person to actually identify the crux of what the issue is!

The main elements of what were needed (shape and positioning) are generally now correct, it is the refinement of some of the positioning and the final engagement that needs the work.

You are, in my opinion, the first person to actually identify the crux of what the issue is!

The main elements of what were needed (shape and positioning) are generally now correct, it is the refinement of some of the positioning and the final engagement that needs the work.

Aye, physicality in all it's splendour :)

they will be making some improvements with the ME because so many ppl are complaining now I remember when fm 13 first came out It was so difficult to play and then there was update which made life much easier hopefully there will be some improvements with the ME because it is a good game

Work on the ME hasn't even paused (and it won't)

3) The players are still oddly hesitant to cross the ball from near the byline.

Very nice sum up, I agree 100%!

I especially agree with the quoted pat. Players try way too much to dribble into the area or pass short to nearby team mates, when they are close to the by line, and will simply not cross the ball in front of goal, eventhough that is the best option. Tweaking this would greatly increase the enjoyment for me.

Must just be me, but I didn't see a lot wrong with any of those goals.

Seriously Dave, can I call you Dave?

You really do not have to 'defend' (pun intended) the ME at every turn, no offense but there seems to be 1 or 2 guys every release that have not long joined the forum that seem to disagree with almost everyone elses feedback, can't remember the name of the guy from last year but he is banned now so it doesn't matter.

I see you posting quite a bit in the thread and for the most part it is to either try and tear apart someone's post that they find the ME not very good, or to say "I don't see that in my game".

Fine if you think those goals were all acceptable, I think the defending is down right shoddy at best, I was going to load up the full highlights with the poor passing and terrible decision making that led up to the goals but I thought the goals would suffice.

Seriously Dave, can I call you Dave?

You really do not have to 'defend' (pun intended) the ME at every turn, no offense but there seems to be 1 or 2 guys every release that have not long joined the forum that seem to disagree with almost everyone elses feedback, can't remember the name of the guy from last year but he is banned now so it doesn't matter.

I see you posting quite a bit in the thread and for the most part it is to either try and tear apart someone's post that they find the ME not very good, or to say "I don't see that in my game".

Fine if you think those goals were all acceptable, I think the defending is down right shoddy at best, I was going to load up the full highlights with the poor passing and terrible decision making that led up to the goals but I thought the goals would suffice.

The match engines starting to do my head in now lol. So many stupid passes and non tackling defenders.

I've got a strange problem just beat City 1-0 and the match wont end. It says 90:00r on the timer and I even managed to do my post game team talk but the game still thinks the match is going on ie I can hear the crowd constantly and when I go on pitch it says 'waiting for next highlight'. Pressing the space bar just pauses the match and going back the the home screen achieves nothing either. Really frustrating so just wondering if there's any way to end it or whether I have to venture into the bugs forum...

Archived