Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest i told myself i wasn't going to play one of these games again after last years debacle however, i bought it yesterday afternoon and played seven or so hours and i don't really have any issues to report. I'm pretty pleased actually so good job SI!

The press have a question they'd like to ask you in the wake of Seattle's 3-1 defeat to New England;

Question: 'The fans are less than happy with right-back John Pantsil since signing. Are you confident he can come good?'

Answer: 'It's a known bug and SI are looking into it. I'm sure they'll fix it in a couple of weeks.' (Calmly)

I can't find the 'Like' button, but if I could, I'd totally like it, hahah

I think once the ME is sorted it will be a cracking game. Having said that (and I'm not normally a complainer in these forums) but i will say that I'm holding off playing FM14 until the ME is sorted. Its a shame as the beta ME was great.

It just feels 'wrong' at the moment, and i don't just mean the fullback and non tackling defender issue. It feels like another polish needs to be applied to all areas.

I saw how each iteration of the FM13 ME improved things, so i have every faith in SI and the devs that it will shortly be immense. :)

I think once the ME is sorted it will be a cracking game. Having said that (and I'm not normally a complainer in these forums) but i will say that I'm holding off playing FM14 until the ME is sorted. Its a shame as the beta ME was great.

It just feels 'wrong' at the moment, and i don't just mean the fullback and non tackling defender issue. It feels like another polish needs to be applied to all areas.

I saw how each iteration of the FM13 ME improved things, so i have every faith in SI and the devs that it will shortly be immense. :)

Exactly my thoughts .

To be honest i told myself i wasn't going to play one of these games again after last years debacle however, i bought it yesterday afternoon and played seven or so hours and i don't really have any issues to report. I'm pretty pleased actually so good job SI!

Yes, that's because there aren't that many issues. Defensive positioning and engagement needs tweaked a bit, and a couple of other things possibly need minor changes, but the game is perfectly playable as it is. Much more so than FM13 was at this stage.

If it wasn't 'playable', there would be complete uproar. I had a good read of some of the story threads earlier, most of these people seem to be enjoying the game immensely. One wonders how they can do this if the game is 'broken'.

Hopefully SI know what needs fixed now, and stay away from this thread as the last couple of pages have just been an unjustified moan-fest. I don't want the next update to go down the road of the disastrous update that happened last year because of the wildly exaggerated criticism.

The game seems to be completely ignoring my staff responsibilities settings.

I've set it to only be contacted by agents about future prospects and transfer listed players and I'm still being offered free agents.

Plus I've set the relevant staff to give me advice in different areas (e.g man management, youth development etc) and I'm just getting my assistant manager pop up for all of them: http://imgur.com/4VGR6HF

So is this a bug or just the way the feature works? If setting your own preferences doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the advice you receive why does the game even give you the option?

So is this a bug or just the way the feature works? If setting your own preferences doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the advice you receive why does the game even give you the option?

Maybe raise it in the bugs forum. I actually never knew this feature existed, so I've set it up myself with different people offering advice. I'll see if it works.

I don't know why the defence can be so frustrating. I played Atalanta of Serie A in a standard 442, the defence is horrible and every time there is a member of the defenders got a rating below 5. Even if I set a very defenvise formation, a mid-table team can rip through my defence with ease. Also there is always a unrealistic number of shots every game, and you never match that with the scoreline

Yes, that's because there aren't that many issues. Defensive positioning and engagement needs tweaked a bit, and a couple of other things possibly need minor changes, but the game is perfectly playable as it is. Much more so than FM13 was at this stage.

Completely agree. Last year's release was ruined for me by constant changes: I'd get a tactic working then there would be an update which completely upset the balance: one week wingers dominated, the next defence and as a result I never really got into the game.

I hope this year what we've got now is more or less the way it will continue to play with some fine-tuning of defence.

I love the way subtle tweaks to the team instructions can have such an effect. I had been top of the league most of the season, but started going through a sticky patch, and fell to 2nd place. My last game was away to the new team at the top who have been on a terrific run of form. I knew if I didn't change anything, chances are I'd lose the game. I asked the players to be more disciplined, and to play more direct with a counter attacking strategy, and it worked a treat, as I won the game 2-1. Given I was very critical at first of the new team instructions, I now think they've been a tremendous addition to the game. Back to the top of the league I go!

Not only the DF get low ratings, the whole players seem to get strange ratings, i was leading 3-0 at HT and my wingers and one of my striker had smth like 6.4.

In another game one of my MC got an 6.3 rating despite the team playing well, or 2 of my DF got 7.2 and the other two 5.7. There seems to be a lack of consistency in the ratings system.

Sometimes a long punt up the park is the better option. It happens in real football in every game.

Your players will play it out of defense on the occasions when there is little pressure from the opposition. In situations like the one you've posted passing it around the back four when there's so many opposition attackers there would be very risky.

It would be a viable option if only the ball didn't immediately ping back. I see that this hasn't been fixed in the update. Ideally, a team should NEVER clear the ball away, since playing out of the defense is always better given that it is a successful team move. There are too many clearances and in that picture, while there are 4 opponents in the box, none of them are closing the carrier down so he is not under immediate pressure. In that situation, it is a poor choice to clear the ball. I'd say that in the Demo, most clearances are unnecessary, and most of them are unforgivably bad.

How has yesterday's update made it unplayable?

TBF, I found even the previous update which had affected FBs was only subject to certain systems, etc...By tuning your tactics you wouldnt get low ratings unless they were justified. However, I still found them a bit passive in defending style and that's where I think the next update which needs testing by SI will help.

Has anyone actually seen a direct free kick goal? My free kick takers has 17 and I have produced A LOT (maybe 100) really good opportunyties in my 30PL games so far. Arseal is leading the DFK leage with 2 goal, no other team has scored 2.

And then we got the issue of the shooting. To summarize it my centre back is my leading goal scorer. And i produce around 25 shots/12-15SOG/ 1-4 CCC every game.

I am leading the PL tho, but thats just because I have adapted to this.

Cheers!

Vidic sits at the top of the goal-scoring list in January. I haven't altered anything with corners, it's set to default. Vidic has "attack near post", that's it.

HE HAS 15 GOALS IN 18 GAMES.

NEuZVHc.jpg

Most goals aren't headers either. They're just flat or semi-flat balls getting free passage all the way into his feet where he scrambles it over the line. There's absolutely no defending whatsoever.

This isn't playing as well as the beta imo. In game that is. It seems everything that is frustrating about the game has been levelled up to make it, I dunno, harder. But it just leaves you thinking is this game just ripping me because im the player and not the AI? It shouldn't feel like that.

I'm sure the balance will be found eventually, the beta was too easy so a medium can be found im sure.

Vidic sits at the top of the goal-scoring list in January. I haven't altered anything with corners, it's set to default. Vidic has "attack near post", that's it.

Most goals aren't headers either. They're just flat or semi-flat balls getting free passage all the way into his feet where he scrambles it over the line. There's absolutely no defending whatsoever.

There is an issue with under hit near post corners which is causing this.

It is firmly on the radar to be fixed.

go into your game library, ignore the activation code and instead click on 'download'. you'll find the second key right there.

Thanks. Very annoying that. I'm away for a few days, was hoping to play on the train etc - now I've got to download it again at hotel speeds. I'll still make a fuss when GMG get back to me - it's not clear that I have to hunt for the retail code myself.

Going to post this in the bugs forum too, but I'm seeing a lot of this with lower league players. Coming to the end of the first season, and despite the fact we're looking good for promotion, my four best players aren't even willing to negotiate a new contract. Fair enough, it's their prerogative, but why should there be the message at the side saying they ARE willing to negotiate. It's pretty annoying.

contractbug_zps5e246889.jpg

Going to post this in the bugs forum too, but I'm seeing a lot of this with lower league players. Coming to the end of the first season, and despite the fact we're looking good for promotion, my four best players aren't even willing to negotiate a new contract. Fair enough, it's their prerogative, but why should there be the message at the side saying they ARE willing to negotiate. It's pretty annoying.

I think that's more a matter of wording than a bug. He's willing to negotiate when it comes to deals he's interested in. The fact that he doesn't want to enter contract discussions doesn't affect his character within those discussions, if that makes sense.

HE HAS 15 GOALS IN 18 GAMES.

NEuZVHc.jpg

that's just ridiculous I was hearing Mourinho and Pelelirgrini get sacked as well

Chelsea v Sunderland

shots 32 v 6

on target 19 v 3

Possession 56 v 44

corner 12 v 4

avg rating 6.64 v 7.16

score 0 - 1

COME ON ITS A JOKE, its not an isolated incident, it is the majority of games

Man utd just lost 3 in a row, last 2 rounds none of man city, arsenal, man utd have won a match all against much lower opposition.

FIX IT PLEASE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987837085/screenshots/

:lol:and they've been telling me to change my tactics there's nothing wrong with my tactics but there's something wrong with the gameplay

I think that's more a matter of wording than a bug. He's willing to negotiate when it comes to deals he's interested in. The fact that he doesn't want to enter contract discussions doesn't affect his character within those discussions, if that makes sense.
Agree with Mendeth, it's referring to his personality, so he doesn't want to stay with you but if he did he'd make realistic demands.

Ah, I never thought of reading it like that, makes sense. Thanks.

That being said.... there wasn't anything ME related updated in 14.1.13 .. it was a small update to fix the rating issue and a few minor things... so it wouldn't have any affect on the me

No wonder the mods defend the game. They are 10 patches ahead of us :)

4 games into the new season my left back has done nothing of note wrong and I have won all 4 but consistently my left back has a rating around 5.0 whilst the rest of my players are 7+. I don't know if this is a known issue or even a bug but has anyone else experienced this? If any more info is required, please let me know.

Agree with Mendeth, it's referring to his personality, so he doesn't want to stay with you but if he did he'd make realistic demands.

I actually reported something similar in the bugs forum, the exact same wording as in the picture and the player was asking for 2.2k wages a week, the only problem was ...I was playing in the Skrill North :)

I actually reported something similar in the bugs forum, the exact same wording as in the picture and the player was asking for 2.2k wages a week, the only problem was ...I was playing in the Skrill North :)

My personal feeling is that players are too accurately aware of their own ability/potential.

Ratings are still low IMO. After a decent 3-1 win over Aston Villa as United, I think maybe 3 or 4 players were above 7, and full backs are worse for me than before the latest patch.

Left and Right backs definitely not right yet, seems they're getting blamed for everything :)

Archived