Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anybody else find that in this years version clubs rarely or never come in with bids when you offer players out? I've done this with loads of decent players at reasonable prices and nobody ever tries to buy them, leaving me with a massive squad. I am Saint Etienne in France and have all the big European leagues loaded

• Administrators
Instant button still dont work!

I try 5 games and only on first game assistant make two subs.

We're aware that there are some further improvements to be made but the assistant not subbing an injured player is now fixed. Please post examples here re: Instant Result: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/372-Football-Manager-Classic-2014-Bugs-Forum

Alternatively, you just rename the graphics folder to graphics1 and install the dark skin.. and then rename the folder back.

Hi could you direct me to a post on how to sort the steam workshop out. I'm using my football manager 2013 folder as it has all my data packs already and its in a convuluted location if I'm honest do I need to set my saving location to C:/users/my documnents/SI/FM2014 to get the steam workshop to work?

• Administrators
I am very disappointed that the issue with the rules in the swedish reserve league weren't fixed in the patch that were just released. It shouldn't be hard to just change the rules.

I hope it doesn't mean that we'll have to wait until at earliest monday for a new patch.

I'm afraid coding is much harder than you imagine, so it's by no means an easy fix.

Something I noticed in 433 (41221) - when out of possession AMR/AML are more advanced than ST almost all the time which shouldn't happen, at least not so often, so there's a problem with wide players tracking back (even in lm/rm slot). They leave their fullback alone, they don't help him out even when he is in 1 v 2 situation and opponent's winger and fullback are making quite a few passes with each other.

Oh, and players engaging opponent and forcing him to backpass/mistake needs to be refined (or should I say added because they don't do it at all, right now it's tackle (successful/not successful) or standing and waiting for the winger to dribble past him.

Something I noticed in 433 (41221) - when out of possession AMR/AML are more advanced than ST almost all the time which shouldn't happen, at least not so often, so there's a problem with wide players tracking back (even in lm/rm slot). They leave their fullback alone, they don't help him out even when he is in 1 v 2 situation and opponent's winger and fullback are making quite a few passes with each other.

Oh, and players engaging opponent and forcing him to backpass/mistake needs to be refined (or should I say added because they don't do it at all, right now it's tackle (successful/not successful) or standing and waiting for the winger to dribble past him.

If you can show any examples in a PKM please do so here http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Does anybody else find that in this years version clubs rarely or never come in with bids when you offer players out? I've done this with loads of decent players at reasonable prices and nobody ever tries to buy them, leaving me with a massive squad. I am Saint Etienne in France and have all the big European leagues loaded

I get offers for most good players that have beenat the club longer than a couple of months.

First of all, I would like to begin with saying even though there are quite a few bugs, the game feels great overall, and is defainitly on the right track to become an amazing version.

I would like to address a few issues I have come across.

Playing as Maccabi Haifa (Israel), 4-2-3-1.

1. Incredibly high amount of shots, and as a result, high scores. My first few games, in Euro Cup qual, finished as following:

M.Haifa - Zrinjski:9-0, 50 Shots vs 2 Shots, 27 On Target.

Zrinjski - M.Haifa: 2-7, 11 Shots vs 25 Shots, 17 On Target.

M.Haifa - Ast. Tripolis: 3-1, 23 Shots vs 6 Shots, 10 On Target.

Ast. Tripolis - M.Haifa: 2-5, 11 Shots vs 24 Shots, 12 On Target.

As I see it in my game, the main points are FBs having an extremely hard time versus wingers, and even with 1 young winger & 1 winger who is infact an AMC (My best winger is out injured for 5 months), they are always two of my three highest rated players in each game.

Furthermore, seems like an early goal creates an avanlanche in the matches, causing many goals to follow, perhaps due to extreme Morale shifts?

2. It feels like wage demands are off. Many of the players I try to sign, ask for 4-5 times the wage they are currently making, and extremely high bonuses, making any quality signing extremely hard to complete. Seems like player wage demands has no link to their current wage, but only to their CA/PA. For example, My top earner when the game starts earn about 17k/m in Euros. Any player of his level that I try to sign from other clubs, which most of the times earn no more than 10k/m, ask for 40k-80k/m and App/Goal/Not Subbed On bonuses of nearly 7-8% of that sum, and first int app that takes this wage a hell lot higher. even when I try to lower those demands with yearly wage raise, high signing bonus and high agent bonuses, it seems to go down by maximum of 10k/m, leaving their wage demands still incredibly high and unrealistic.

Most annoying part of it, is same players later sign in different clubs for about fourth of what they asked me to pay.

f.e, Marcelo signed for Benfica for 33.5k/m, with App fee of 3k, Goal bonus of 1.5k, and USF of 2.3k, while his demands from me were nearly double.

3. Board seems to allow way too many of my requests way too soon into the game. Not that I have any problem with that, but it does feel quite not right that the board allows me to make so many changes in the club after so little time with them.

4. Way too many players wish their contract to be renegotiated so early in the game - I'm only in August 21st, and no less than 4 players already asked me to negotiate their contract. While this may be ok, their wage demands again, are unrealistic. A rotation player asks for 19k/m, again, 2k/m higher than my top player.

All those aside, annoying as they may be, the game feels Incredible. few tweaks here and there, and this may game may ruin my life once again.

Ok, I've now finished half a season on the full fat game, on the fully released version, and here's my feedback on what I've experienced so far.

PROS

- The match engine this year is already the best there's been. The 3D animations whilst nowhere near in the class of the flashier football games on the planet looks great. So many nice wee touches, like the mud on the strips in the rain, players slipping on snowy pitches, some players wearing their shirts outside their shorts, etc. Makes it a more immersive experience. Players now react to your instructions as they should - within the confines of the animations possible - and changing styles is visually apparent, more so than in previous games. It now really feels as though you are in charge, and although your changes don't always work, at least it looks as though the players are trying to do what you've asked.

- Some of the new features in the game are great. Getting your assistant to recommend players from the transfer centre works fine, and is a good addition, found a few good players this way. Similarly, the recommended loan player screen from your parent club is another excellent addition.

- I was a bit sceptical of the new team instructions set up, as opposed to the sliders, but really, when you get into it, it works much better. Streamlines it rather than simplifies it. On the save I'm on just now, I rarely use team or player instructions just now as I'm still getting my players used to my formation, and we're top of the league without them anyway. But in another save they have worked really well.

- FM Classic is utterly fantastic this season, and is how I wished it'd been last year. The ability to change the amount of leagues in the game is the biggest and best difference and is another example of SI listening to their customer base.

- The transfer system is much better now. I like the way you can now suggest an offer and get an immediate answer. Initially, I wasn't keen on the loyalty bonuses and agent fees being removed from your transfer budget, but this hasn't affected my own save at LLM level yet. If anything, it's encouraging me more to scour the country for the best young talent to nurture myself, making the game more realistic. And enjoyable.

CONS

- At LLM level, signing free agents can be the difference between success and failure, and I don't like the way a free agent simply won't re-negotiate with you after one round of failed talks. The thing is, entering these talks is the only way to find what wages the player actually wants. Sometimes, I just can't afford it, but I'd like there to be some sort of interaction, like the suggest offer part of a transfer deal, where you can find out how much the player would accept in wages. That way, if you don't have enough, you can go back to your squad and offload deadwood to get enough in the wage budget. I know your scouts give you a range of expected wages, but it's rarely that accurate. To give an example, there's a keeper I really want, who's much better than the one I have. One round of failed talks, and now he won't even listen, even though I have the budget now, and he's still not been signed by anyone else. Annoying.

- There's still the issue where a player will turn down a contract offer from you, then sign for another, similar club for half the amount they asked from you, an amount normally well within your own budget. I can understand it if they signed for a bigger, more prestigious club, but when it's a similar club in the same league, it would never happen IRL.

- The ME still isn't perfect despite what I wrote above, but then I wouldn't expect it to be this early into its release. At the top level, there still appears to be too many shots on goal, although this perhaps could be tactical. Not convinced with that yet. I've also noticed there's more than a few occasions when a keeper will try and save a shot, get a hand on it, but then it flies in, in the opposite direction. Doesn't look right, but thats maybe just an animation issue. I've also noticed some sliding tackles where the player has been fouled despite the other player being about an inch away.

- Licences. As the biggest and best management game on the planet, it's still a bit disappointing not to have some of the bigger league licences. The EPL in particular is a strange one, but I guess they have their reasons. I would've thought all top leagues would want to be associated with such a successful product, but evidently not. There's always the editor and megapacks anyway, so it's not a huge issue.

Overall, I think the game is fantastic, and already I'm loving it more than any other incarnation of the game, and I've been playing this type of game since sitting hunched over my ZX Spectrum in the early 80s with the Kevin Toms classic. I often wonder if the internet was around then, the meltdown a forum like this would have over THAT match engine!

Well done SI, a great game, which is just going to get better.

- Licences. As the biggest and best management game on the planet, it's still a bit disappointing not to have some of the bigger league licences. The EPL in particular is a strange one, but I guess they have their reasons. I would've thought all top leagues would want to be associated with such a successful product, but evidently not. There's always the editor and megapacks anyway, so it's not a huge issue.

EA Sports have exclusive rights for the Premier League for the FIFA series I believe.

EA Sports have exclusive rights for the Premier League for the FIFA series I believe.

Ah, of course. Makes sense. They've also got exclusive NFL rights, which is why we get subjected to inferior Madden games every year, but that's another story...

I have drawn the last 4 games 2-2. Now that in itself is not an issue except they have all gone the same way.

A team will go up 2-0, then let in 2 goals in 2nd half, but then continue to dominate the game?

It quite possibly is just that the teams in question are (mine in 3 of the games) get "nervous" when leading or my tactics allow for mistakes but just seems odd.

Will continue to see over next few games

That's really constructive! Good job, buddy.

The constructive nature of his post isn't and shouldn't be any of your concern nor should it be the sole focus of SI when viewing this thread for feedback. He's an unhappy customer, that should be the main issue.

The constructive nature of his post isn't and shouldn't be any of your concern nor should it be the sole focus of SI when viewing this thread for feedback. He's an unhappy customer, that should be the main issue.

Actually the constructive manner is exactly the focus, whether its "positive" or "negative". This is not a rant thread, this is a constructive feedback thread.

Just to be clear, lets keep it constructive and on topic. Thanks you.

Which is sad considering Fifa 14 is such a gargantuan flop.

I've got maybe 2 hours on Fifa 14 the past 2 weeks. Over 40 on FM14, and honestly I think it's a bit buggy right now, will play even more once it's polished.

And unlike Fifa 14 I know it will actually be polished. EA is dragging ass not doing anything about the wads of issues in their game.

Actually the constructive manner is exactly the focus, whether its "positive" or "negative". This is not a rant thread, this is a constructive feedback thread.

Just to be clear, lets keep it constructive and on topic. Thanks you.

Okay. Here's some feedback. Clubs offer less than your players valuation yet want unrealistic fee's for their own players when you enquire. Players' contract negotiations are way OTT. Do SI accept that or do they feel there is no issue in that department? Something that's been bugging me.

Has anybody managed to convince their board to relay the pitch? I've asked them four times so far; we're playing on a total bog/sandpit (depending on the weather, heh), and I have to answer questions about it before every home game, but they keep refusing to do it, no matter what my arguments are... Can I bribe my own board? :)

Okay. Here's some feedback. Clubs offer less than your players valuation yet want unrealistic fee's for their own players when you enquire. Players' contract negotiations are way OTT. Do SI accept that or do they feel there is no issue in that department? Something that's been bugging me.

Do you have specific examples of contract offers being OTT? If so, certainly get them uploaded

Has anybody managed to convince their board to relay the pitch? I've asked them four times so far; we're playing on a total bog/sandpit (depending on the weather, heh), and I have to answer questions about it before every home game, but they keep refusing to do it, no matter what my arguments are... Can I bribe my own board? :)

Yeah, I convinced mine in my second season. I think you need to be kinda safe financially.

Have played three games with the latest patch. Ratings is improved indeed, but the team just performed really strange. I had to rage quit after getting behind 0-4 at home against a mediocre team. The match before my players played brilliant in an away game against far better opposition. In the next game my players refused to close down and my defence as a whole seemed like they'd been ordered to throw the game.

One botched match is not much to rant about so I'll get back into the game as soon as my pulse has decreased to normal level. :-)

I'm afraid coding is much harder than you imagine, so it's by no means an easy fix.

How much coding can it be to change that? Are you saying that it may take even longer than monday?!

I also can't understand how something like that got past the beta-testers? The whole country is unplayable in the long run, all because a small, small mistake...

How much coding can it be to change that? Are you saying that it may take even longer than monday?!

I also can't understand how something like that got past the beta-testers? The whole country is unplayable in the long run, all because a small, small mistake...

Imagine having to go through a book with 1000 pages looking for a particular typo that you don't know where it is.

Something I find really weird. I keep reading complaints about how many goals are scored but I can hardly ever score myself.

Playing Roma in a 4-3-3 formation, with the squad knowing the tactics 100% and I cannot score. What's worse, the AI seems to waltz through my entire defence like it's nothing. It's extremely frustrating especially against teams and players who have no business matrix dodging every single defender. It's really like they run right through them. The funny thing is that I never see any of my guys doing that.

I also keep conceding goals from corners. The AI targets the closest post, the ball falls to the ground and an AI player scores. It's every freaking time, as if each AI corner goal is a carbon copy of the other.

To the SI people: Congratulations with your new release! I highly respect you from coming on these forums and reading our opinions. What I respect even more is the patching that you've done since the beta and your drive to iron out bugs/issues. I really believe this is an awesome, awesome game, it just needs a little tweaking.

Archived