Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm repeating the game with the same and different tactics (already familiarized team) to see what the outcome is.

Reloads aren't necessarily going to be conclusive.

See if the same shot count is occurring throughout a number of consecutive games.

If it is, please upload a save game to the ME section of the Bugs Forum.

57 is clearly a severely high number and isn't right, but bear in mind that the update we have just received has not addressed issues relating to shooting.

The problem is your custom graphics... move the graphics folder or rename it and try again... once you've installed the skins etc, move the graphics folder back.

When you've got 7GB of customs graphics built up over 4-5 years, its not that simple in time terms to move graphics round as you suggest.

Sorry, but we'll just need to agree to disagree on this. If you have a solid, logical tactic, and have the players to implement it, train them well, be patient with it (and have some good luck with injuries, etc), then you should have success no matter what build of the ME you're playing with.

lol so are you saying you can play a high pressing short passing, posession based game with this ME? Coz thats the football i like to play, and the sort of football i was playing with great success until three days ago. now the exact same concept than won me a championship, a cup and a great run in the league and europe in my second season has ceased to work. how do you explain that?

And there is a very good chance that you will be more successful in your dribbling against said corpses than you would against Patrice Evra. How succesful you are OVERALL depends on the quality of opposition, that is simple basic understanding of football.

I'm telling you rather than him because you know better...

Please keep it on topic.. if you want to discuss life/love/football philosophies and the basics of football.. do so in the relevant threads please.

lol so are you saying you can play a high pressing short passing, posession based game with this ME? Coz thats the football i like to play, and the sort of football i was playing with great success until three days ago. now the exact same concept than won me a championship, a cup and a great run in the league and europe in my second season has ceased to work. how do you explain that?

Thats exactly how im set up, high pressing, short passing, retain posession, high defensive line, low tempo, counter attack mentality, works brilliantly when my team is on form.

New patch/fix already!? This is very good news! Now I don't have to depth-analyse a Demo match second by second like I have promised to do twice :) Because I won't buy the game until it is well balanced - probably get it for Christmas holidays. Also good for work and health :)

• Administrators
Still doesn't work, just processes and waits. Also the game is dog slow.
already done that in game and out game. Still crashing.
Same here. Cleared cache to no effect. On 14.1.3
When you've got 7GB of customs graphics built up over 4-5 years, its not that simple in time terms to move graphics round as you suggest.

Can you post here please if you're having workshop issues so I can figure out why this is happening: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/363-Cloud-Saving-and-Steam-Workshop-(All-Formats)

Thats exactly how im set up, high pressing, short passing, retain posession, high defensive line, low tempo, counter attack mentality, works brilliantly when my team is on form.

does your defence close down and tackle? no matter how high i play, mine just track back and do no tackling at all

I am struggling to get any sort of intensity with a pressing game. High line is also not very high at all. In the end they all fall back into tight lines just outside the box. What level are you playing at? Maybe that is the difference...

My last post was a whinge about the issues with the release version of the ME. So now this is me, scuttling backwards with my tail between my legs. Granted, there were some issues in the last version; granted, my team went from mid-table scrappers to under-9 schoolboys overnight. But then I read wwfan's superb 12-step guide, tried to understand the concepts he explains, made some tweaks - and hey presto, the team's playing properly, and the ME feels responsive to what I'm trying to do.

One suggestion for the future - perhaps more in-depth tool tips that you could click through to, with the level of background explanation that wwfan gives on the forum? Have played CM/FM for close on 15 years, but hadon't really understood the new tactical model until reading that.

But for now - whinge withdrawn, with huge credit to SI for addressing this week's issues so quickly. And for producing what must be the best version of FM yet.

All that's changed ME wise is the defender's match ratings. Officially anyway. I haven't seen anything else different in that regard yet.

There are not such low ratings as in previous version but i still get defenders getting a 5.0 even though i conceded 1 goal. The rating system for defs still seems haotic. I'll play more games to be sure that it isnt my tactic.

Game not worth playing until someone releases a graphics pack for competition logos and team badges - game looks half finished as it is

... or is that something else we have to pay extra for?

FM13 graphics worked with the beta but not full game

And the new update still doesn't load custom player databases

I am struggling to get any sort of intensity with a pressing game. High line is also not very high at all. In the end they all fall back into tight lines just outside the box. What level are you playing at? Maybe that is the difference...

I have it set to high defense line mostly, very high if im pushing or up against a poorer team, press more, i also have it on tighter marking, or man marking, whatever its called. The counter attacking mentality with the low tempo seems to work really well, my team will gather behind the ball and my lightening wingers break very quickly.

Game not worth playing until someone releases a graphics pack for competition logos and team badges - game looks half finished as it is

Fm13 graphics work fine for me

In all fairness it has been very civil this year, I see a lot of the 'vets' helping out other players and trying to calm any of the newer members that get a little heated.

I remember reading a post quite similar to this last year, it actually may have been from you also Paul, last year was bad but I would say that this thread on the whole as been very constructive and for the most part understanding and polite.

Definitely, last year was a slugfest compared to this year. Which is positive if nothing else

Quite an annoying thing going on now.

1 game ago we were getting beat 4-2, my assistant gave me some recommendations which I applied, anyway we lost 4-2.

On to the next match and my team are playing really strange, they are shooting from outside the box and floating crosses, both which I do not have, I have drill crosses and play the ball into the box, or at least I thought I did.

I check my tactics and it has been all changed, nothing like I want it, it seems the game has remembered my tactics from the end of the last game and not the starting tactic that I want.

I never had this before, will check at the end of this game if it happens again, hopefully not as it is a bit annoying to set up the starting tactic each time.

We can't include as many graphics as we'd like due to licensing issues.

Not perfectly in anyway, but they do as well as the ME can represent, certainly to a good enough level for me to enjoy the game.

This is how I view it too.

People need to realise the 3D match display is never going to accurately replicate a real life game of football. After all, it's 22 small pixellated stick men running around a pitch. With that comes its own limitations. Given those limitations, however, I think it does a generally fabulous job, particularly in the last two editions of the game. I can't watch the FM12 ME now as it's THAT dated already.

I haven't seen one of my defenders play well yet, every game I have at least 2 defenders under a 5 rating, and the rest struggle to get above a 6 rating

In my first match with the new update i won 3-2 and none of my four defenders played below 6.8 and i had 2 play 7.5(one being my left back). Promising start regarding defender ratings.

The engine is a football manager in 2014, 2013, and 2012

Dear SI, please forgive me for the poor English. Russian community FM, very distressed. A huge number of people, according to 12 FM, best in the series. There was a great game engine. Please ask you to tweak the game engine 14 manager. Ball physics, the impact on the outcome of the match tactics. Protection behavior, unrealistic number of hits and misses on goal. We believe that you fix these problems. We kindly ask you to remember the 12 part of your wonderful game. Where everything worked correctly. In the beta version manager 14 14.0.4. All was well. But then came the full version. Much worse, similar to the early 13 manager.Thank you so much for your attention, I ask people who have something to say to this topic

The engine is a football manager in 2014, 2013, and 2012

Dear SI, please forgive me for the poor English. Russian community FM, very distressed. A huge number of people, according to 12 FM, best in the series. There was a great game engine. Please ask you to tweak the game engine 14 manager. Ball physics, the impact on the outcome of the match tactics. Protection behavior, unrealistic number of hits and misses on goal. We believe that you fix these problems. We kindly ask you to remember the 12 part of your wonderful game. Where everything worked correctly. In the beta version manager 14 14.0.4. All was well. But then came the full version. Much worse, similar to the early 13 manager.Thank you so much for your attention, I ask people who have something to say to this topic

It'll never happen, though I do love FM 12's engine and despise 13's. >_> I think 14's wasn't that bad, I quite liked the beta engine. :)

Can someone please explain to me how to reinstall the game so the next time I open it it would be completely freshly installed. The game seems to remember my profile and preferences even if reinstalled. I manually deleted SI folder in my documents and deleted local contet via steam but it still remembers it.

I would say that in terms of the ME the ratings issue deserves a quick update, but the other stuff which is more subjective will take a little more time.

But in general I'd like to think when we have an improved ME build that has had sufficient testing we roll it out. More often than not that will coincide with planned game updates but that isn't 100% set in stone.

Apologies for bringing it up again but I am assuming the Instant Result Ass Man subbing issue is not one of the "subjective" issues and will be addressed in line with the "priority" issue (ratings).

Can someone please explain to me how to reinstall the game so the next time I open it it would be completely freshly installed. The game seems to remember my profile and preferences even if reinstalled. I manually deleted SI folder in my documents and deleted local contet via steam but it still remembers it.

Probably missing this:

http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=218

Apologies for bringing it up again but I am assuming the Instant Result Ass Man subbing issue is not one of the "subjective" issues and will be addressed in line with the "priority" issue (ratings).

Should be fixed - check out the second item on the Match Engine change list:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/369850-Football-Manager-2014-Update-14.1.3-OUT-NOW

Archived