Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Nevermind got it, with anyone have dark skin problem, click subscribe to the dark skin, restarting steam, make sure it's subscribed first, launch game, click downloads, click the workshop tab and wait for about 3 minutes. It should then load

This is good advice, although I'll add that once in the Workshop, you should have the explicit instruction to 'Install' the skin from a panel on the right of the screen.

Many of you might have done so but just in case, if you're having problems with updating, please Restart Steam in the first instance.

Done that, still version 14.1.1(no online play, nothing happens when i click "downloads" from the FM start screen)

Restarted my computer multiple times, logged on and out of Steam and it still won't update. Another friend has the same problem, he also got the Beta through Green Man Gaming - maybe this is a problem exclusive to this company?

No have the same problem and i did not use GMG

To get the Dark Skin available as a skin to pick from, please do the following:

1) Click on 'Downloads' on the Start screen

2) Click on the "Steam Workshop" button in the top right

3) Click on the "Download add-ons directly from Steam" button

4) Click on the Dark Skin

5) Click on the "Subscribe" button

6) Close the Steam web interface and return to FM

7) Click on the "Subscribed" tab on the Steam Workshop dialog

8) Select the "Dark Skin"

9) Click the "Install" button

10) Once installed, go to your Preferences where "Football Manager Dark" should be a skin option to pick from

What crash do you encounter with the editor?

I get a windows crash dialog. I had to go into the event viewer to get this:

Faulting application name: editor.exe, version: 14.1.1.44416, time stamp: 0x526fbaa8

Faulting module name: editor.exe, version: 14.1.1.44416, time stamp: 0x526fbaa8

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000d82b7

Faulting process id: 0x4c8

Faulting application start time: 0x01ced5d089af7f5b

Faulting application path: L:\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2014 Editor\editor.exe

Faulting module path: L:\Steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2014 Editor\editor.exe

Report Id: d3eb9dfa-41c3-11e3-8167-3085a999162b

• Administrators

If it's not downloading, make sure you've entered the code if you've bought from a digital retailer (or back of the manual if it's a disc copy) and restart Steam.

If that still doesn't work, verify the game cache as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

Looks like if you pre-ordered with GMG you need to log into the web site and look under your games list to get a key you redeem with steam to download the full version. They don't email it out to you (or at least they haven't yet). After doing this steam downloaded the full version for me.

Suggestion to SI - just use a single key in the future like pretty much every other game does.

If it's not downloading, make sure you've entered the code if you've bought from a digital retailer (or back of the manual if it's a disc copy) and restart Steam.

If that still doesn't work, verify the game cache as shown here - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=221

Done all that still not updating

To get the Dark Skin available as a skin to pick from, please do the following:

1) Click on 'Downloads' on the Start screen

2) Click on the "Download add-ons directly from Steam" button -can't see this, only 'store' and 'steam workshop'

3) Click on the Dark Skin

4) Click on the "Subscribe" button

5) Close the Steam web interface and return to FM

6) Click on the "Subscribed" tab on the Steam Workshop dialog

7) Select the "Dark Skin"

8) Click the "Install" button

9) Once installed, go to your Preferences where "Football Manager Dark" should be a skin option to pick from

Soon as I click on 'Steam Workshop' game etc just freezes.

Looks like if you pre-ordered with GMG you need to log into the web site and look under your games list to get a key you redeem with steam to download the full version. They don't email it out to you (or at least they haven't yet). After doing this steam downloaded the full version for me.

Suggestion to SI - just use a single key in the future like pretty much every other game does.

Eh they sent the keys ages ago.

Yup, make sure you check if you got a second code. If you did not, try restarting steam and trying to launch again from within steam. If that doesn't work, you will need to contact your retailer for the full game code. I had to do that for Greenmangaming. I then took that code, copied it, and click the activate product within steam button, pasted that code and it should let you update after you restart steam again.

Guys, as someone said above, if you've bought from a third party retailer (not steam) then have a look at your account on that page. On my GMG account page, there is now a second key in my Account > Games section next to Football Manager 2014 and upon adding that my game is updating 85mb.

Edit: In fact, I got stuck on "Preparing files for install" and now have to redownload the whole 1.4gb. Sigh, oh well.

Sometimes it takes a while to come through, try verifying again and hopefully it'll update.

Done that 10 times atleast, Deleted the game, and now it's not under my games list, i had to put in the code in "activate a product on steam" for it to begin downloading FM2014 again.

2) Click on the "Download add-ons directly from Steam" button

I don't get this option I got the stuff I can buy and when I click next thing freeze there is nothing written there just a big bar.

Ah sorry. I missed a step. Once you've clicked 'Downloads', you need to click on the 'Steam Workshop' tab where that button will be found. Updated the steps in my original post.

Archived