Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been avoiding to post anything as i was afraid i would let my feelings get in the way. So i choose a different way to let u know and that is by fully agreeing with Pelz.

I have been a huge fan of the FM series and even after last year release i instantly purchased fm14. I have to admit honestly i regret it now because the game is not playable for me. I have tried so many tactics by now but it always seems to be better to go on holiday when a match is held and then return to see u won. It means the crappy ass manager knows how to win with the players i picked out to be in my team. They win around 4-0 4-1 and so on. When i play manually my strikers score 1 out of 100 perhaps and the opposing team has a crack at me and score 2-0 without a breeze when my defenders wont tackle. I have 122 hours of fm14 logged on steam and i can tsay i tried everything but games i should easily win are like playing vs barcelona or real madrid and playing vs barcelona seems alot easier then those lower teams.

I love you guys, i have logged thousands and thousands of hours in your series but im slowly giving up. Im sorry but too damm emotional over this game which i enjoy to play while i am mostly sick during the year due to crappy health etc.

Having serious issues with this game got it every year since the 95 era.

Last year there were issues with the match engine and it took them a month or two to fix it eventually ended up a really good game. This year is the same I had a feeling it might be when I played the Beta (the transfer bidding bug is fixed thankfully).

These latest problem however are making it for the time being unplayable looking on other forums ie FM base I can see there are lots of people having these issues

1. The defender struggle to get a 6 rating especially the full backs no matter what formation and even using different roles and roles suggested in there scout reports.

2. The defenders seem to play to high up even if you tell them to stay back.

3. Strikers find it very difficult to score although this doesnt seem to hinder the CPU AI

4. CPU AI is to effective Crystal palacce not only beating Chelsea but playing them off the park even if my team go ahead the CPU levels up each time.

5. Most goals are from set pieces or by richochets (mostly off the keeper) but clean shot 90% of the time go high and wide.

All of this seems to be the match engine again I hope it is me and I'm just not that good but this is the first time since 95 that I'm having these insane issues all based round the ME if they were beating me through bad tactics but its just a calamity and getting 5's ratings through my teams even had a 4.4 rating for a defender even though I won.

I hope FM accept that there is a major issue here and send a update (not just stone wall and deny there's a problem) and then bring it out soon to remedy it cause for me at the time being its unplayable and really sickening me doing so gonna give it a break for a week or two I think and wait for an update.

Please FM sort it soon !!!!

it always seems to be better to go on holiday when a match is held and then return to see u won. It means the crappy ass manager knows how to win with the players i picked out to be in my team. They win around 4-0 4-1 and so on. When i play manually my strikers score 1 out of 100 perhaps and the opposing team has a crack at me and score 2-0 without a breeze when my defenders wont tackle.

What does all that rationally tell you?

If you let the AI control the team and they win, but they lose when you control it yourself, think about what that's actually saying. Why don't you watch a re-run of one of the games your AM has managed on your behalf? Why don't you look at the changes made, the analysis of the game itself. Instead of blithely blaming the software for your own deficiencies, use it to learn where you're going wrong.

That's my advice anyway.

Short corners seem to be unbalanced, I've scored in 7/8 friendlies with them, the issue seems to be that the receiver of the corner isn't closed down at all and is free to shoot.

Apart from that the tactics system seems easy to use and I'm still to lose my first game using Fulham.

I know fifa is unplayable every body traded them back in will the same people buy fifa next year?? no 50% wont I think, will I buy fm next year no I humed and r this year after last years none playable game and same again this year

Last years game was not unplayable, I made some awesome modern tactics, more absolutism.

I have been avoiding to post anything as i was afraid i would let my feelings get in the way. So i choose a different way to let u know and that is by fully agreeing with Pelz.

I have been a huge fan of the FM series and even after last year release i instantly purchased fm14. I have to admit honestly i regret it now because the game is not playable for me. I have tried so many tactics by now but it always seems to be better to go on holiday when a match is held and then return to see u won. It means the crappy ass manager knows how to win with the players i picked out to be in my team. They win around 4-0 4-1 and so on. When i play manually my strikers score 1 out of 100 perhaps and the opposing team has a crack at me and score 2-0 without a breeze when my defenders wont tackle. I have 122 hours of fm14 logged on steam and i can tsay i tried everything but games i should easily win are like playing vs barcelona or real madrid and playing vs barcelona seems alot easier then those lower teams.

I love you guys, i have logged thousands and thousands of hours in your series but im slowly giving up. Im sorry but too damm emotional over this game which i enjoy to play while i am mostly sick during the year due to crappy health etc.

If the assman is winning, and you cannot, shouldn't this raise alarm bells in your head about what it is you are doing?

Only it's not 'broken' in the slightest. It's probably the most stable, playable first release of an FM game in many, many years. Yes, it needs a few things fixed, but so does almost every game post-release.
I played FM since it is FM, this is the worst ME I ever came across I know this year it came with less injuries, but the ME is just a pile of rubish worst than any other and the 3D just make it even more clear, no dribling just some zigzaging that any 37 year old with 2 speed and aceleration and 1 at drible could do like Messi to 4 international players. the game is just horrible, unplayable and frustating cause it only need 2 or 3 matches to prove the consistency of the errors, again and again. The league started at september in most of the countries were FM is played the game came 2 months later and it's unplayable, we had 3 updates to the Beta and none to the game itself they already have ower money and we only get a game if we get it in January, it's just ridiculous if i cant play the game in the next week only with a small bug or two it's the last game I buy from the franchise and the company.

And I event comment the stupid database job in Portugal with the Reserve/B teams and not even a good youngster here.

total_futebol_2nd_league.jpg

Total football in Portuguese 2nd League

I played FM since it is FM, this is the worst ME I ever came across I know this year it came with less injuries, but the ME is just a pile of rubish worst than any other and the 3D just make it even more clear, no dribling just some zigzaging that any 37 year old with 2 speed and aceleration and 1 at drible could do like Messi to 4 international players. the game is just horrible, unplayable and frustating cause it only need 2 or 3 matches to prove the consistency of the errors, again and again. The league started at september in most of the countries were FM is played the game came 2 months later and it's unplayable, we had 3 updates to the Beta and none to the game itself they already have ower money and we only get a game if we get it in January, it's just ridiculous if i cant play the game in the next week only with a small bug or two it's the last game I buy from the franchise and the company.

And I event comment the stupid database job in Portugal with the Reserve/B teams and not even a good youngster here.

Totally bizarre comment, if my dribblers made zig zag movements like south americans are taught and not straight lines like the game actually does I'd be estactic :rolleyes: Unplaybale is just complete frustration in your own ability it has to be, this is far far from unplayable.

Totally bizarre comment, if my dribblers made zig zag movements like south americans are taught and not straight lines like the game actually does I'd be estactic :rolleyes: Unplaybale is just complete frustration in your own ability it has to be, this is far far from unplayable.

My only frustation is looking to the match and see the stupid defenders and the lack of any kind of realism in the engine, I get good results, only one lost game all wins and two draws, first in league and champions, the problem is that I like realism and I payed for a improvement for what i payed last year and got nothing, if i played the only with comentaries or just the score NICE! bot for that i could get a free copy of CM01/02.

If the assman is winning, and you cannot, shouldn't this raise alarm bells in your head about what it is you are doing?

I don't agree.

I've played for years and always in a lesser league with a lesser team. I've always been able to build a squad and win games of football and actually enjoy the game. I've played about 20 games with my Aris Salonika team over two and a bit seasons and won one of them. I've tried absolutely everything I can assure you. They are relegation favourites so perhaps it may seem normal. But for the rest of those games (around 45) I've went on holiday and my ass man who has two stats (Judging PA and judging CA) above seven takes control of the exact same team of players with my tactics and loses 9 times.

I know, with all due respect, there are so many fanboys on here who can't for a second question the game and ridicule people who's opinion isnt plucked from an SI members post or tweet and will therefore always reply with the 'it's your tactics' rubbish but surely theres a holiday/ass man bug in there somewhere if nothing else.

I find it hard to control my emotions sometimes. I'm really finding it hard to do so whilst getting absolutely zero enjoyment from a job (sorry, a game) I paid £34.99 for.

@Dave and @pele.

Ofcourse its ringing the frigging alarm bells in my head. I havnt had so many problems to "score" in any of the previous FM's. My strikers Vaclav Kadlec and Alan cant either score 90-95% chances because if its not a miss on target it will be a wonder safe from their goalie.

*edit* I am with Huntelaar on this, i would be 1 of the first to admit my tactics would be crap but come on, i tried several which different roles and such and it always end up the same frigging way. They rush in and my defenders wont do crap whilst my strikers wont score (which i clearly already pinpointed)

@Dave and @pele.

Ofcourse its ringing the frigging alarm bells in my head. I havnt had so many problems to "score" in any of the previous FM's. My strikers Vaclav Kadlec and Alan cant either score 90-95% chances because if its not a miss on target it will be a wonder safe from their goalie.

So how do they score when your assistant is in charge, given it's the exact same match engine? I'm genuinely curious to hear your answer to this.

So how do they score when your assistant is in charge, given it's the exact same match engine? I'm genuinely curious to hear your answer to this.

Your condescending attitude isn't helping anyone. Why are you even asking him that question when regardless of his answer you're going to dismiss it and belittle us for 'not being able to play a game'?

I've tried absolutely everything I can assure you[/b].

Therein lies your problem.

If you're 'assuring' us that you've tried 'nearly everything' in just 20 games, it's no wonder your players aren't winning when you're controlling them. They're probably confused as hell with constant changes to tactics, instructions, etc.

Pick a tactic and a strategy that suits the players, and let them get used to it, with only slight tinkering if necessary.

In most of my saves, particularly those with lower league sides, I hardly touch team or individual instructions at the start. I build a solid tactic, and let the team get used to playing that style before I begin to experiment with other things.

In my opinion this is 1 of the most unfair questions you could have asked. How should i know how a ai managed game that is using the same tactics i instruct them end way different. But as your apparently a better player than i am, why dont u give me a tactic that have proven for u to let your strikers score?

Your condescending attitude isn't helping anyone. Why are you even asking him that question when regardless of his answer you're going to dismiss it and belittle us for 'not being able to play a game'?

Believe it or not, I'm trying to help him (and you) get more enjoyment out of the game. If you're not prepared to listen then ultimately you'll be the one missing out.

If you're 'assuring' us that you've tried 'nearly everything' in just 20 games, it's no wonder your players aren't winning when you're controlling them. They're probably confused as hell with constant changes to tactics, instructions, etc.

Pick a tactic and a strategy that suits the players, and let them get used to it, with only slight tinkering if necessary.

In most of my saves, particularly those with lower league sides, I hardly touch team or individual instructions at the start. I build a solid tactic, and let the team get used to playing that style before I begin to experiment with other things.

WHat about me? Im in third season, My team is experienced with 5 different tactics. Explain this to me??

uninstalled the game. This release is on big bs. Got robbed. Call me when there is a patch out which fix that broken ME. Feels like EA bought SI. How could they release this game? Beta is one big marketing trick. It was great but they messed it up with those updates. Please fire those people. What have they exactly did for the last two weeks?

Yes im mad because of this game. First time in ten years. Didn't bought FIFA anymore because of those bugs and products which EA released which shouldn't have been released but I now know that I will think twice before I buy FM15.

Believe it or not, I'm trying to help him (and you) get more enjoyment out of the game. If you're not prepared to listen then ultimately you'll be the one missing out.

Undeniably, up a bit you were trying to help. Your last question, however, was riddled with sarcasm and wasn't designed to help. I'm glad you're getting success and ultimately enjoyment from the game but some of us aren't.

In my opinion this is 1 of the most unfair questions you could have asked. How should i know how a ai managed game that is using the same tactics i instruct them end way different. But as your apparently a better player than i am, why dont u give me a tactic that have proven for u to let your strikers score?

There is no wonder tactic. I have no idea who your team is. I could give you the tactic I use, and your players might even be worse. What works for me is no guarantee of success for you, and vice versa.

Why don't you study a game where the AM has won, and study one where you have lost, and see if you can spot where the differences lie. All the analytical tools are there at your disposal.

I play lower league with Portsmouth. I play with 18+ countries plus all leagues. I start and i struggle so much with portsmouth. Play 6 friendlys, 1 including Man City to get 225k for the coffers

But as the team has just been put together considering the states its in

It lacks (COHESION) so it will take time for this team to make good

This is my 3rd try at this save (twice with beta) with the final version

And i can say, i know over time the team will get better, and it is

This engine is by far the best veresion, cant really notice the issue with the fullbacks much, more of a 50/50 thing sometimes in every game

I watch games in COMPREHENSIVE and you see alot more going on, so you change you tactics on the fly. I play a 4-4-2 formation

I think alot of people on here freaking out, should just play FMC. For the fact, i dont think they have time to watch the game in COMPREHENSIVE mode

Just want to see there big build-up play , and score a worldy, without having to touch the tactics at all throughout play, other than send on another world class attacking player

Well this is just my feelings

uninstalled the game. This release is on big bs. Got robbed. Call me when there is a patch out which fix that broken ME. Feels like EA bought SI. How could they release this game? Beta is one big marketing trick. It was great but they messed it up with those updates. Please fire those people. What have they exactly did for the last two weeks?

Working their butts off to try to get things right as fast as they can.

2 Weeks...think about it. They've been working for over a year with it.

Kinda harsh to give that statement. Especially with a delicate product as FM.

Slightest little fix might have a massive negative effect on something else.

That's where they have to go back and forth to get right, and that's what takes time.

WHat about me? Im in third season, My team is experienced with 5 different tactics. Explain this to me??

Perhaps your picking the wrong tactics for each game, I honestly don't know. You could always upload your save game somewhere for me to download and I can have a look at it for you if you like. Another pair of eyes can't hurt.

Therein lies your problem. You're making assumptions.

This isn't my only save.

Infact since you ask us to explain things we can't, let me throw one backatcha.

In beta I started a Spurs save. I used my usual 3-3-1-3 tactic. Couple of instructions here and there for the team and players, signed pavlyuchenko only. He was firing them in and I wa doing pretty well (3rd in january). When the full release came out and my Aris game wasn't going so well I decided to have another spurs game on the go just for when the Aris game was getting to much for me I could have an easy save. Did everything the exact same. Signed pav. Same tactics, exact same instructions (I checked my beta save to check). I was sacked in November lying in 12th place.

How can there be such drastic differences having done absolutely nothing different?

Undeniably, up a bit you were trying to help. Your last question, however, was riddled with sarcasm and wasn't designed to help. I'm glad you're getting success and ultimately enjoyment from the game but some of us aren't.

Send him your tactic and/or save game then. Maybe he can help better.

And it really was a good question. It might be that simple.

What is the assistant doing differently than the human manager?

Go into the match reports and analyse. Sure, it might take time, but it could give you a few pointers :thup:

I think it's time people calmed down and stopped with the stupid "fanboy" comments etc.

If you can't win but your assistant can then you can hardly deny you're getting something wrong, best place to discuss that is in the tactics forum where people have the time, patience and willingness to talk through the problem with you.

The current problem with defenders and their ratings will make it a bit more difficult in some respects but it's not game breaking and we should be hopeful of a fairly early solution in my humble opinion.

Once that issue and couple of lesser ones are out of the way I'm certain you'll see how far the ME has come since FM13.

This isn't my only save.

In beta I started a Spurs save. I used my usual 3-3-1-3 tactic. Couple of instructions here and there for the team and players, signed pavlyuchenko only. He was firing them in and I wa doing pretty well (3rd in january). When the full release came out and my Aris game wasn't going so well I decided to have another spurs game on the go just for when the Aris game was getting to much for me I could have an easy save. Did everything the exact same. Signed pav. Same tactics, exact same instructions (I checked my beta save to check). I was sacked in November lying in 12th place.

How can there be such drastic differences having done absolutely nothing different?

Did the AI do everything else the same as well, with the other clubs and other things?

If not then you haven't adjusted to those changes. AI won't do everything the same 100% all the time. Random factors involved as well.

As long as that happens then you won't have the same results....unless you try to adjust.

Send him your tactic and/or save game then. Maybe he can help better.

And it really was a good question. It might be that simple.

What is the assistant doing differently than the human manager?

Go into the match reports and analyse. Sure, it might take time, but it could give you a few pointers :thup:

The assistant manager, with stats necessary for good management all under seven, is taking a cash strapped, poorly assembled relegation threatened team on a club record win streak on his way to fifth place after the same team lost 16 of its first 20 games. Really?

Presumably the tactic you were using pre-patch wasn't as tight after the changes to the ME. It may have exploited the weaknesses that were addressed in that update.

I'm also skeptical of continuing the same save between updates. I know they say they are save game compatible, but I've never been 100% convinced of that.

Why don't you start a new Spurs game now the full game's out? Then try and build a team around the strengths of the players. Maybe even have a gander at wwfan's guide on this very forum.

The assistant manager, with stats necessary for good management all under seven, is taking a cash strapped, poorly assembled relegation threatened team on a club record win streak on his way to fifth place after the same team lost 16 of its first 20 games. Really?

By all means do the same as I asked the other chap, upload your save somewhere, and I'll d/load it and take a look at it. I'm no expert on the game by any stretch of the imagination, but I refuse to believe it's the actual game that's causing these issues, and I'm curious to see what's happening.

Did the AI do everything else the same as well, with the other clubs and other things?

If not then you haven't adjusted to those changes. AI won't do everything the same 100% all the time. Random factors involved as well.

As long as that happens then you won't have the same results....unless you try to adjust.

I'm not insisting it should be the same. But if you genuinely think that without any major implications and west brom bringing shane long on for anelka in the 60th min instead of the 70th the results can fluctuate so wildly and thats normal then I don't think I can play on.

Franchise has been going backwards for a while.

To much concentration on "new features" rather than building a better match engine.

We were told last year, it was a new ME and give it time, this year it will be the same, next year the same.

Don't get me wrong, I still win a crapload of trophies when I play the game, but its as much about learning the tricks of the Match Engine and adjusting to them.

Opposition always scores down the wings, stack defence around there, AI sits extremely deep every game and boots the ball forward, make sure you have someone to pick up the ball.

It has become less a football game and a study of how this years Match Engine fails, and then exploit it.

Player Ratings and full backs are a great example right now, working as intended ...

We will be told that the "new feature" of no sliders will help the match engine and make a better game.

Yes, by not seeing what actual instructions he has, that will help.

Why do I have to manually tell an Attacking Midfielder to personally man mark a player, that he is 2 ft from and no one else is closing down.

Not a Treq, with good position, high work rate and such.

YET WHEN THE BALL MOVES 5m FORWARD he suddenly launches at the player, because the ball has crossed an invisable line telling him he should be defending.

Or when 3 of your defenders jog back next to someone running with a ball and never tackle.

Its because the game keeps switching between who should be the player assigned to tackle, and doesnt end up with anyone, so he runs 50m with 3 defenders on him and scores.

WORLD CLASS DEFENDERS, against championship or worse strikers.

It is just decaying and decaying.

This isn't my only save.

The very fact you cannot explain how or why your spurs team was winning it is not an unimaginable leap to take to say you don't understand why you were not winning? right? Can you give a detailed explanation of how your overall tactic was making pavlyuchenko "fire them in"? Same results, same team talks, same starting line up's?

Presumably the tactic you were using pre-patch wasn't as tight after the changes to the ME. It may have exploited the weaknesses that were addressed in that update.

I'm also skeptical of continuing the same save between updates. I know they say they are save game compatible, but I've never been 100% convinced of that.

Why don't you start a new Spurs game now the full game's out? Then try and build a team around the strengths of the players. Maybe even have a gander at wwfan's guide on this very forum.

You misunderstand... I didn't continue my save. I started a new one with Spurs on the full release, I did everything the exact same.

It happens. It can also happen the other way. When you find yourself jumping out of a losing streak with successive victories.

But you need to adjust. I've struggled for 2 seasons now in mid-table, lower half of the table.

I tried to adjust and i just exited my game with a 5-win streak. 3 of those games i crushed 1st, 3rd, and 4th place. I was in 14th before the streak.

Now i'm in 4th. I adjusted my tactics and was lucky with results between other teams.

I'm no tactical guru but apparently it helped.

The very fact you cannot explain how or why your spurs team was winning it is not an unimaginable leap to take to say you don't understand why you were not winning? right? Can you give a detailed explanation of how your overall tactic was making pavlyuchenko "fire them in"? Same results, same team talks, same starting line up's?

I use the same team talk all of the time. Cue... THATS WHAT YOU'RE DOING WRONG!!!!!! My point now is, how can it fluctuate so wildly doing absolutely nothing differently?

I'm not insisting it should be the same. But if you genuinely think that without any major implications and west brom bringing shane long on for anelka in the 60th min instead of the 70th the results can fluctuate so wildly and thats normal then I don't think I can play on.

But the AI might also have made many other tiny decisions that's not that apparent which will have an impact.

Many tiny things will make a significant change when all comes down to it.

It happens. It can also happen the other way. When you find yourself jumping out of a losing streak with successive victories.

But you need to adjust. I've struggled for 2 seasons now in mid-table, lower half of the table.

I tried to adjust and i just exited my game with a 5-win streak. 3 of those games i crushed 1st, 3rd, and 4th place. I was in 14th before the streak.

Now i'm in 4th. I adjusted my tactics and was lucky with results between other teams.

I'm no tactical guru but apparently it helped.

I genuinely think I could tell you my FM reached through the screen and slapped me and it would be me doing something wrong lol. My terrible ass man has managed my team 45 times and lost only 9 times. If you get a chance look at Aris' starting team. Also compare them with the teams expected to do well.

So what I gather is, stats mean nothing and my ass man is just a godly manager.

Or he's shiting out horseshoes.

But the AI might also have made many other tiny decisions that's not that apparent which will have an impact.

Many tiny things will make a significant change when all comes down to it.

Bro, in all honestly... do you think if I put the same team out against the same teams with the same tactics there are enough tiny changes to make me go from third place to twelfth? Doesn't that tell you that it really doesn't matter what you do to an extent. Unless you have the time to analyse reports and stats for ten fifteen mins before every game?

I genuinely think I could tell you my FM reached through the screen and slapped me and it would be me doing something wrong lol. My terrible ass man has managed my team 45 times and lost only 9 times. If you get a chance look at Aris' starting team. Also compare them with the teams expected to do well.

So what I gather is, stats mean nothing and my ass man is just a godly manager.

Or he's shiting out horseshoes.

Maybe it's a combination of both :D

What i would suggest is just try to put your mind to it and figure out what you might have to change.

I do know that there are ME issues and that they are very annoying.

On the flip side of it the AI will have the same problems. Try to use that to your advantage.

With my team now i'm not even close to playing the way i want my team to play but if i make them i will most likely be sacked before the season's finished. I won't win.

And trust me....i'm normally a one tactic/strategy guy. I hate fiddling with my tactics.

Bro, in all honestly... do you think if I put the same team out against the same teams with the same tactics there are enough tiny changes to make me go from third place to twelfth? Doesn't that tell you that it really doesn't matter what you do to an extent. Unless you have the time to analyse reports and stats for ten fifteen mins before every game?

I see your point but i would say yes. It's very much a possibility.

The only analysis i do is look at the oppositions form, league position and formation.

Then i set my starting strategy. During the match (i play on extensive highlights, by the way) i adjust accordingly....well, i try to at least.

Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't work at all.

This thread... is funny. The majority of posts are about the topic of how it was changed one way or another from the previous version.

Sorry, but I paid the money for a new game and I am glad that SI brought something new to the table. Flaws and all- I personally believe that this version of FM, bugs and all, is the greatest to date. All the bugs will get worked out in the end.

Some you posting on here, I bet if you toned it down a couple of notches and tried accomplishing your objective from a different approach, you might find success easily. I have played Panachaiki and Apollon Kalamarias in FM14 and have found success with both teams.

The best advice a lot of you guys need is divorce your tactics you married in FM13 and try something new. If you can't figure out how to make a formation work, someone will basically post something that might work for you eventually.

Maybe it's a combination of both :D

What i would suggest is just try to put your mind to it and figure out what you might have to change.

I do know that there are ME issues and that they are very annoying.

On the flip side of it the AI will have the same problems. Try to use that to your advantage.

With my team now i'm not even close to playing the way i want my team to play but if i make them i will most likely be sacked before the season's finished. I won't win.

And trust me....i'm normally a one tactic/strategy guy. I hate fiddling with my tactics.

Poor him, LOL!!

I get what your saying mate we're definitely the same in that aspect but I like playing three CB's, LM CM RM, AMC, STR STR STR. I always have done. Where my frustration is coming from is judging from the complaints I've read the problems mostly stem from crosses (NEED full backs) and hoofs up the pitch (which needs midfield flooding) both of which I don't like to play with.

I could definitely sit and analyse how to exploit the ME to get results but I like to PLAY fm not to WORK on it :(

I also feel like my formation is unusable and I know everyone will say you just have to change your tactis but imagine buying FIFA and finding out that you can't go your favourite team just now and to play with another?

I can imagine SAF in his time being told he's got to play with a back four permanantly. I'm pretty sure he did anyway but you get my point.

This is most of your problem, I hit upon a tactic that worked, I have no idea why pav was "firing them in" but now he isn't, I never really got involved in the game all I know is that it was working to a degree, I was happy, I wasn't a mid table team nor was I winning the league but I was happy, I have no idea whatsover what was making me happy, I clicked "the same team talk" all the time because it was just "working", I've no idea why it was working, I never tried to immerse myself in the game but god damn it, it was working.

Now it is not working, I don't know why it is not working must be because SI are jokers, it has nothing to do with the fact that I never knew why it was working in the first place but I didn't have to think about that because I had no intention in the first place of finding out why, I hit a formula, it worked for a time being, and now the game has cottoned on to me and I can't fix it, I can't fix it because I don't know how I implemented it in the first place. I have no intention of looking at the Analysis tab, players morale, the opposition morale, the oppostion tactics, the effects of morale on the same team talk over and over and over and over again etc etc etc. The fact is you like the game, you like winning but lets face it you have no and I mean no intention of "really" being a manager, you want to find continue and complain/extoll

This thread... is funny. The majority of posts are about the topic of how it was changed one way or another from the previous version.

Sorry, but I paid the money for a new game and I am glad that SI brought something new to the table. Flaws and all- I personally believe that this version of FM, bugs and all, is the greatest to date. All the bugs will get worked out in the end.

Some you posting on here, I bet if you toned it down a couple of notches and tried accomplishing your objective from a different approach, you might find success easily. I have played Panachaiki and Apollon Kalamarias in FM14 and have found success with both teams.

The best advice a lot of you guys need is divorce your tactics you married in FM13 and try something new. If you can't figure out how to make a formation work, someone will basically post something that might work for you eventually.

What's funny? It's a forum. More importantly it's a thread for feedback.

What if I don't want to divorce my tactic? What if it's a tactic I like to play with? Why should I spend £35 on a game that I can't get any enjoyment out of unless I play it a certain way because the way I like to play it doesn't work anymore?

Yes im mad because of this game. First time in ten years. Didn't bought FIFA anymore because of those bugs and products which EA released which shouldn't have been released but I now know that I will think twice before I buy FM15.

Its your tactics.

Sorry had to be done.

Archived