Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

lmao, that guy moaning that the game is broken when he gets dominated trying to play route one football with Arsenal's side of 5"7 technically proficient players against Chelsea who probably have Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill/Luiz at the back. There are obvious issues with the game but when people try and make out like these are purely the engine's issues....dear me.

And again, as with every other year, people are moaning about dominating games and losing 1-0 against a team who create very few chances and once again most of us don't seem to be suffering from this so called "gamebreaking bug." :lol:

I knew I would get some geeky comments and some good advice too I'm not moaning actually really like this game don't wet yourself mate its just a game pal

p.s. I'm sure Wenger would have gone route one

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I knew I would get some geeky comments and some good advice too I'm not moaning actually really like this game don't wet yourself mate its just a game pal

Allardyce maybe... not Wenger! :D

Most Pro's are footy mad and will get an extra fix anywhere they can and believe me they take these things very seriously.

They really do need to get out a bit more then. With their money, I wouldn't be sitting at home playing computer games.

I don't think Wenger has ever gone route one in his life mate.

lmao, that guy moaning that the game is broken when he gets dominated trying to play route one football with Arsenal's side of 5"7 technically proficient players against Chelsea who probably have Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill/Luiz at the back. There are obvious issues with the game but when people try and make out like these are purely the engine's issues....dear me.

And again, as with every other year, people are moaning about dominating games and losing 1-0 against a team who create very few chances and once again most of us don't seem to be suffering from this so called "gamebreaking bug." :lol:

a misunderstanding on his part but he now has some welcome advice. Obviously the first direction for finger pointing should always be at yourself first. Anyway as always the power of the friendly FM forum has given him some advice which will hopefully help him enjoy the game better and also better understand tactics

Seconded.

per my subsequent post i suggested that it may be due to a 12pm kick-off. If you have watched matches live or in TV you will see that the brightness is probably a fair reflection of real life

Iam wondering if FM can simulate the mid-week downpour at Fratton Park last week, even the tunnel and changing rooms got flooded :)

Or just wait for one of the Super Tactics to pop up, as they alway's do.

Well i guess that clears it up, you dont want advice, which btw is completely fine, you just want someone to create a super tactic to win everything. Just dont complain when your own tactics fail unless your willing to listen to advice.

Most Pro's are footy mad and will get an extra fix anywhere they can and believe me they take these things very seriously.

Yep, same happens with Fifa, almost every footballer plays it.

Could not resist I just had to play the game again, all seemed good, won 4-1 in the first game also brought in a new player and played the second game and again won 4-1, still had my left back get a 5.9 and a 5.6 in both games but decided I would just try and ignore it as I wanted to play.

Was adding players to the unwanted list in a final bid to try and sell someone for a decent amount, just as I was adding the third player to the list the game crashed, I can not even remember the last time I had a crash on FM.

I will just have to fight the urge to play, it is a bit like asking an alcoholic to stop drinking just after you handed him a beer.

My thoughts too :)

Or just wait for one of the Super Tactics to pop up, as they alway's do.

Sure, if that is what floats your boat. Be prepared for lots of frustration after every patch release rendering your super tactic not that super all of a sudden. Or none of the super tactics actually being that effective at all which was the case with FM13 and most likely will be the same with 14. Alternatively you could accept that the vast majority of people do not suffer from any AI bias and listen to their advice. All your choice though.

There is no AI bias. Anyone who believes there is might just as well stop playing the game altogether because there will never be a solution to their problem.

To be fair, "AI bias" could simply take the form of computer-controlled managers being able to more perfectly optimize player morale/motivation.

Not saying that's necessarily the case, but just because the ME doesn't know which side is the human side, doesn't mean there can't be things that AI managers have certain advantages in.

The frustrating thing for me about the ratings - my save currently only has 7 defenders in the top 100 average ratings in The Championship, and only 6 players in total have above a rating of 7.40... - is that the subdued ratings mean that very few players are developing and fulfilling their potential.

Most of my players' ratings dramatically fall throughout the season, despite neither the average ability of the team nor the training facilities improving.

This is very frustrating. For instance, I won three games on the trot 2-0, 3-0 and 2-1, yet my full back averaged a 7.05 throughout...

Is there anyway to get the red and green arrows next to the Attributes that signify the effects of training?

Go to the player's profile, it starts on the profile of the player, under the "overview" part and next to the profile is the "attribute". Then, just under more actions it should say "show recent attribute changes" and you tick that box and it'll apply for all players :thup:

Sure, if that is what floats your boat. Be prepared for lots of frustration after every patch release rendering your super tactic not that super all of a sudden. Or none of the super tactics actually being that effective at all which was the case with FM13 and most likely will be the same with 14. Alternatively you could accept that the vast majority of people do not suffer from any AI bias and listen to their advice. All your choice though.

Each patch renders EVERY tactic useless, always has.

In FM13 i was using a tactic that could win the EPL first season with ANY Prem team, say what you like but its just as realistic as the ME and stats the game puts together.

In FM13 i was using a tactic that could win the EPL first season with ANY Prem team, say what you like but its just as realistic as the ME and stats the game puts together.

Lol, you're a funny man.

Total nonsense.

Seriously I am beginning to wonder if you made an account on this forum as you were bored and fancied annoying some people, your posts are progressively getting worse.

To be fair, "AI bias" could simply take the form of computer-controlled managers being able to more perfectly optimize player morale/motivation.

Not saying that's necessarily the case, but just because the ME doesn't know which side is the human side, doesn't mean there can't be things that AI managers have certain advantages in.

AI managers use the same tools to 'optimize' morale as human users do though. If they manage to do it better than we humans can then fair game, that is some smart and advanced AI at works there. Somehow I doubt it though...

Bottom line is, if someone is seeing a constant pattern of their team losing games where they've had the majority of shots it is due to something they are doing, not the game having it in for them.

Total nonsense.

Seriously I am beginning to wonder if you made an account on this forum as you were bored and fancied annoying some people, your posts are progressively getting worse.

I signed up as a frustrated FM'er, but the Super Tactic thing is completely true.

I've already witnessed one for the Beta and i'm sure there will be another within a day or two.

I haven't got to the transfer window yet so I can't speak to the reported issues there. But in my current Aston Villa save the scores seem completely normal and realistic, and I don't see a huge problem with ratings. If I had to nitpick one area it would be total shots, which tends to be a bit high. Shots on goal isn't as bad

per my subsequent post i suggested that it may be due to a 12pm kick-off. If you have watched matches live or in TV you will see that the brightness is probably a fair reflection of real life

Iam wondering if FM can simulate the mid-week downpour at Fratton Park last week, even the tunnel and changing rooms got flooded :)

Realism hinders in this instance. Needs to be darkened.

I signed up as a frustrated FM'er, but the Super Tactic thing is completely true.

I've already witnessed one for the Beta and i'm sure there will be another within a day or two.

What does a super tactic have to do with..

You are talking about 2 different things now.

• Administrators

PC has already said there's an issue with full backs which will be addressed. The average ratings don't directly effect the on-field performance (ie missed tackles, interceptions etc), the only bonus will be the player realising he's playing 'better' so won't have any knock-on morale issues. As said, he's looking into it. Thanks.

AI managers use the same tools to 'optimize' morale as human users do though. If they manage to do it better than we humans can then fair game, that is some smart and advanced AI at works there. Somehow I doubt it though...

Bottom line is, if someone is seeing a constant pattern of their team losing games where they've had the majority of shots it is due to something they are doing, not the game having it in for them.

I totally agree the game doesn't "have it in" for anyone, but morale/motivation is one of the more opaque components of the game, so I wouldn't at all be surprised to find that the AI is much better at always doing/saying the right thing to get their players fired up.

I used the IGE to put Criscito and Abate in the Tranmere save I've been running. 25 games in and neither one has managed to get more than a 7.1 in any game. I looked at the stats, and their tackling numbers and passing percentages are through the roof, while mistakes are less than one per game each. I'm pretty much horrified at the defensive ratings, as well as at the positioning and AI in the ME. SI have had huge numbers of complaints about this, and done nothing that is obvious to fix it. I'm going back to FM13 and will wait until the next patch to see if anyone in development knows what they're doing.

Calm down

At the end of the day whoever this upsets, i've had this conversation with Pro Footballers AND Managers(you'd be surprised who takes notice of this game) i have conversed at length about this issue and you'd be surprised how many(mainly players) who get p*ssed off with this ridiculous and massively over looked issue.

Are you Richard Keys? :D

Sorry but I don't believe you, I cannot see CR7 and Jose Mourinho getting that excited that a team in a "game" gets a lucky break, even their own game - and certainly not yours!. Again you have brought up "super" tactics, you really don't have a clue do you. I'll leave this here because sadly you probably wont and this "stuff" adds nothing to the debate, but carry on and the Mods will make the same points the rest of us have but with the Infraction Mallet as emphasis (Kriss, see what I did there?) ;)

Jimbo1K, if you do decide to jog on over to the TTF and decide to lock horns with wwfan in this silly manner it may be worth me staying up to watch that little verbal game of tennis.

I totally agree the game doesn't "have it in" for anyone, but morale/motivation is one of the more opaque components of the game, so I wouldn't at all be surprised to find that the AI is much better at always doing/saying the right thing to get their players fired up.

There's no benefit from having your players fired up at all times. Sometimes you want them calm, other times you need them to relax etc, it's all context based. For the AI to have an advantage here it has to understand the situation as well as having the right solution for every personality type at all times. Judging by how the assistants in game do team talks it's not unreasonable to assume they are capable of nothing even close to that. I'd say it's very likely that AI managers morale management amounts to what you see when you leave all of yours to your assistant.

There's no benefit from having your players fired up at all times. Sometimes you want them calm, other times you need them to relax etc, it's all context based. For the AI to have an advantage here it has to understand the situation as well as having the right solution for every personality type at all times. Judging by how the assistants in game do team talks it's not unreasonable to assume they are capable of nothing even close to that. I'd say it's very likely that AI managers morale management amounts to what you see when you leave all of yours to your assistant.

Fired up is always good ;)

Nerves? Now that's a game killer...

And yes if the assistant is anything to by, it's surprisingly easy to win when you're in a poor streak as the AI will probs demand a win and pressure his mentally-weak team into giving you an easy victory. Toughest thing for me is keeping the nerves out as we approach a 30 game winning streak. Complacency? No problem. Nerves? Ugh.

By "fired up" all I meant was not nervous or unmotivated.

You could be right about leaving things to your assman, I just think it's one area of the game where there's potential for an AI manager to have an advantage. Especially since manager reputation can have an effect.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

why, why why, do they do that, if it was in previous leave it in,

Consider this a first warning.. that sort of language is not acceptable on forums.. or the abuse.

Moving away from Classic is step forward in SI's plans and has been discussed at length elsewhere.

Fired up is always good ;)

Not when you concede early (or don't score when big favorites) and it turns into frustration/anxiety/nerves/disenchantment (whatever the last one even means, not good for morale though :D). There's no uniform team talk/media solution is what I'm saying and the chances that the AI can somehow be unreasonably good at it in FM when it struggles to make even basic sense of everything else in the game are a bit slim, imo :p

Im getting a ridiculous amount of cards (yellow and red) with my ball winning midfielder. I dont have a way to tell him not to tackle hard or to stay on his feet. Why is this? i can only tell the hole team to stay on his feet, but not just one player, i dont understand the logic behind this. Before someone else tells me to change his role, no, he is a ball winning midfielder, thats the role he is suited to play, and the role i need him to play because of how im making my team tactics. I would really love to know why you cant ask a player in mid match to stop being so agressive. If there is a way, please someone enlighten me.

Another thing, im getting from both my team and my oposition, a huge amount of long shots. Normally from players that could continue their run to get closer to the goal or have really easy passes to teammates in a better position. In my last 5 matches i had an averange of 26 shots, 14 of those being from long range and 19 shots against with 11 long shots. Not counting that, my team is playing really well, and sitting top of my division. anyone else is seeing this amount of long shots?

A question related to the long shots. The instruction to shoot less often, its only for long shots or for all types of shots? In which cases should you use it? Thanks!

Is it just me or is anybody else finding a slight issue with injuries? In some games I'm having 2-3 players HAVING to go off and be subbed. IRL of course it's very rare that a player has to be subbed. He can pick up an injury but usually they can continue the rest of the game as it might only be a small, niggling injury. The amount of injuries I seem to be getting in the few saves I've played so far seem a bit concerning, especially the amount in training which is very very unrealistic. I rarely hear of players getting injured in training, the only time where I think that training issues should be more than a rarity is in pre-season when the players are more likely to be unfit and more prone to injury.

So I'm just wondering, has anybody else had any problems with injuries or is it just me reading too much into things? It has Just reminded me of the older games where seasons and saves could be ruined through a ridiculous amount of injuries and games lost as a result.

PC has already said there's an issue with full backs which will be addressed. The average ratings don't directly effect the on-field performance (ie missed tackles, interceptions etc), the only bonus will be the player realising he's playing 'better' so won't have any knock-on morale issues. As said, he's looking into it. Thanks.

Will the subdued ratings affect the players' ability to improve CA? If they're average ratings are unduly below par, and suffering from morale issues as a result, surely this must have a knock-on affect with regards to player development?

My preferences say version 14.1.2 but when I go to start a new game it says version 14.0.0 on the 'Choose database' box.

So which version do I have?

Simple... your game version is 14.1.12 .. the newest one... the database is 14.0.0 as there isn't an update yet.

My preferences say version 14.1.2 but when I go to start a new game it says version 14.0.0 on the 'Choose database' box.

So which version do I have?

14.0.0 is the DB version (we only have one atm)

14.1.2 is the game version.

Calm down

At the end of the day whoever this upsets, i've had this conversation with Pro Footballers AND Managers(you'd be surprised who takes notice of this game) i have conversed at length about this issue and you'd be surprised how many(mainly players) who get p*ssed off with this ridiculous and massively over looked issue.

Too be honest he was quite calm and he has a valid point; the facts were unsubstantiated and quite clearly speculation. We wouldn't be surprised how many pro footballers and pro managers take notice of the game; several of them post here under pseudonames and manay managers have been quoted confirming how they use the data.

I would be surprised how many pro players and managers you've managed to speak to since go-live ;)

Its not a massively overlooked issue, if you would kindly take the time to read the posts you'll see its a newly introduced but SI acknowledged issue.

There are some acknowledged methods of how best to and how not to post in these forums; you may mind people's responses to the way you post help you understand which works best.

In the meantime we are all frustrated by the small number of issues but i would think we are all able to remain patient and polite for a bit longer in light of PaulC's posts

Any response to the transfer issues that have been brought up already? That of not being able to sell players, especially at lower league clubs. Is it a known issue?

Im getting a ridiculous amount of cards (yellow and red) with my ball winning midfielder. I dont have a way to tell him not to tackle hard or to stay on his feet. Why is this? i can only tell the hole team to stay on his feet, but not just one player, i dont understand the logic behind this. Before someone else tells me to change his role, no, he is a ball winning midfielder, thats the role he is suited to play, and the role i need him to play because of how im making my team tactics. I would really love to know why you cant ask a player in mid match to stop being so agressive. If there is a way, please someone enlighten me.

Another thing, im getting from both my team and my oposition, a huge amount of long shots. Normally from players that could continue their run to get closer to the goal or have really easy passes to teammates in a better position. In my last 5 matches i had an averange of 26 shots, 14 of those being from long range and 19 shots against with 11 long shots. Not counting that, my team is playing really well, and sitting top of my division. anyone else is seeing this amount of long shots?

A question related to the long shots. The instruction to shoot less often, its only for long shots or for all types of shots? In which cases should you use it? Thanks!

Because a ball winning midfielder isn't a BWM without hard tackling and closing down at all times. That's the point of the role, if you dont' want him tackling hard but want him to remain defensive put him on CM/D or DLP/D, you can't pick a role, moan about it and refuse to change it.. -_-

Shoot less often is for all shots I'd assume. If you want less long shots use "Work the ball into box" instruction.

• SI Staff
Will the subdued ratings affect the players' ability to improve CA? If they're average ratings are unduly below par, and suffering from morale issues as a result, surely this must have a knock-on affect with regards to player development?

The average ratings do not have an effect on player development directly as such.

Archived