Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

My analogy would be this:

The previous Beta version was like driving a Ford Focus with a few scratches. The release version is like driving a Ferrari, but with four flat tyres. It's a better product, but you can't really use it.

Sorry, I don't mean to stick the boot in. I've posted my issues elsewhere, and I appreciate you're trying to fix it, but I can't help feeling disappointed with the current version right now to the point where it's not really enjoyable. I'll carry on tweaking my tactics and hope I can find something passable and look forward to future fixes.

The real shame in all of this is that the game really does have huge potential. It's conceptually very good indeed. What irks me a little is that I buy FM every 12 months, but perhaps only get 10-11 months where the game is in a fully functioning state.

Again, apologies for the negative post. There are far more good things than bad things about this game, but the bad things are somewhat crippling, so far, in my experience. I appreciate others might not find known issues to be too bad.

ooh... a car analogy... where's Kriss?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That and the full back ratings are our two priority fixes for an ME update. When we have a date we'll let you know but obviously testing will be required.

Thanks Paul. Please excuse the chase (not a new issue I know) but I was concerned it would slip down the priority scale due to the large FB ratings fuss (not saying those posts are unreasonable either). I never said before, thanks for the last 21 years of fun.

:)

Help needed here!

I put logos in graphics folder but something was wrong..some clubs had logos and some had these default badges. The game was jerky and strange and finnally it crushed my PC. I had to manually restart. I re installed the game, and now there are some logos left even though I deleted them, but the majority of clubs doesnt have logos nor default badges!? And when I go to play match the game crashes!! Even after re install! What do I do??

i personally did all the above nothing changed.offers are way too low of the original price and cause i have small team with players with low market price its always near 0 or 1k-10k

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your feedback. Thats a shame, I'm wondering how for some people its not an issue

This is completely random, and nobody will care, but for some reason whereas I wasn't getting in-game sound from the beta, I'm now getting the feeling of love from the crowd. I've changed nothing beyond checking everything and updating sound drivers as I was advised, but even after doing that I still wasn't getting sound in any of the beta versions.

Post full release, started new game and now I am getting in-game sound and I don't know (or care) why. Amazing.

This version is hoofing. I'm glad nothing ground breaking was introduced, but just enhancing what was there. It's not perfect but then neither am I and I can't remember a FM ever being the finished article on release day but hey, so goodbye cruel world/work/missus/kids/real football/xhamster.com, I'm plunging in with both feet and just playing the game.

Played 5 matches so far, but all of them seemed to have quite realistic number of shots:

Score: 1-2 Shots (on goal): 12(7) - 27(12)

Score: 0-2 Shots (on goal): 6(2) - 13(10)

Score: 4-2 Shots (on goal): 27(17) - 10(7)

Score: 2-0 Shots (on goal): 16(8) - 4(1)

Score: 5-0 Shots (on goal): 24(11) - 5(3)

All but the firstgame seem good, maybe slightly too high.

Player ratings are indeed too low though and corner kick goals are too many.

I agree with exactly what you said and I don't think the usual 'omg i need my money back!!' is relevant either. This should be swiftly dealt with by the mods (as it is) rather than mocked or commented on with the intention of causing arguments that derail the entire thread.

Hi - Yes I agree. I think Day 1 of go-live can make some frustrated and some extra sensitive. We all want the same thing and in this case its the key issues fixed - hopefully it will be a short wait - Cheers!

The match engine has gone from being quite smooth to horrific on very low now. Incredibly annoying.

I don't have the best computer for graphics, but I could play the beta with low graphics and stadiums/fans/weather and it ran fine. What's changed?

fx55e.jpg

Game after game of this, doesn't matter who i play as or who i play against, this was bad before in previous FM's, but it's ten times worse this year.

Practically unplayable.

Oh and i'm not using some weird take advantage of ME tactic either, just an in game tactic, tweaked to suit the players i have.

2nu0x2d.jpg

That's twice already in 3 games.

Would like a reply from PaulC if possible?

Haha. I genuinely had no idea. I always wondered what the infraction thing was. Guess now I know.

Haha i wouldnt worry i doubt they will infract you for a first offence car analogy, we just used to get them every second post and i think it started grating on certain people.

2nu0x2d.jpg

What have you attempted to stop it from happening? In both games you have created so few CCC's, despite having a large number of shots, which would say to me that the opposition is doing a good job of limiting you to weak efforts, have you tried to do anything about it yourself?

My analogy would be this:

The previous Beta version was like driving a Ford Focus with a few scratches. The release version is like driving a Ferrari, but with four flat tyres. It's a better product, but you can't really use it.

Sorry, I don't mean to stick the boot in. I've posted my issues elsewhere, and I appreciate you're trying to fix it, but I can't help feeling disappointed with the current version right now to the point where it's not really enjoyable. I'll carry on tweaking my tactics and hope I can find something passable and look forward to future fixes.

The real shame in all of this is that the game really does have huge potential. It's conceptually very good indeed. What irks me a little is that I buy FM every 12 months, but perhaps only get 10-11 months where the game is in a fully functioning state.

Again, apologies for the negative post. There are far more good things than bad things about this game, but the bad things are somewhat crippling, so far, in my experience. I appreciate others might not find known issues to be too bad.

Ferarri is no 1970 Dodge Charger.

No tbh, I did clear cache on version 14.1.1 but carried on the same save. I am off work tomorrow so I will clear cache and start a new save and fingers crossed. Your starting to fill me with some optimism hope it works so I can get to playing.

Hi leCrab - I think that may be your issue then. If you go back through the posts above you will see a link that confirms how you do this. I'd advise a cache clear down whilst the game is closed then start a new game. Looking at above posts it seems it may be an issue when save games are carried on from the previous build but its not clear of this method is 100% working for everyone

Started a save during the beta but gave up because the bugs were stopping me really enjoying it. And I didn't really know whether it was my tactics or the bugs that were affecting the game more.

Decided to wait until the full game was released, but now I'm reading that it's still full of issues. Started a new game now just as a test, and just played the first friendly. Won 5-3, but the player ratings problem was still there, as well as them scoring all 3 of their shots, but me missing clear cut chances and hitting the woodwork left, right and centre. I'm playing as Liverpool, and up front I had Suarez and Sturridge missing absolute sitters, and the ridiculously underrated Mignolet at the back letting two shots pretty much go straight past him.

But that's just one game in, and I don't want to write it off just because of that. But similarly I don't want to really get into the save only to find it gets spoiled because, for want of a better way to phrase it, the game just seems to have it in for the player.

I guess I'll try a few more games, but I can pretty much see now the way they're going to go.

If you seriously cannot see the issue here, you must either work for SI or have no football knowledge whatsoever.

I think what he's saying and I could be wrong is that something like this can happen in real life.

I however would like to point out that the 2 games I played since the release had the same exact thing happen.

Lots of shots for me. A couple of shots for the opponent. Most of my shots were "what the hell are you doing" type shots" or "how on earth did he miss that".

So yeah I seem to be having the same problem. Maybe we are all doing the "wrong tactic"......

2nu0x2d.jpg

Go into your match analysis, and click the little circle representing each of your shots, which will take you to a replay of each one. A lot of the shots don't show on highlights, particularly on key highlights. Look to where your players are shooting from and why. Was there better options? Was the opposition defence crowding your attackers and forcing them into rushed shots?

If you seriously cannot see the issue here, you must either work for SI or have no football knowledge whatsoever.

Dude, seriously?

They scored early. Then they shut up shop. You need to learn to adjust your tactics to break down these teams. You had only 1 CCC? Only 2 Half chances? Not nearly good enough.

Started a save during the beta but gave up because the bugs were stopping me really enjoying it. And I didn't really know whether it was my tactics or the bugs that were affecting the game more.

Decided to wait until the full game was released, but now I'm reading that it's still full of issues. Started a new game now just as a test, and just played the first friendly. Won 5-3, but the player ratings problem was still there, as well as them scoring all 3 of their shots, but me missing clear cut chances and hitting the woodwork left, right and centre. I'm playing as Liverpool, and up front I had Suarez and Sturridge missing absolute sitters, and the ridiculously underrated Mignolet at the back letting two shots pretty much go straight past him.

But that's just one game in, and I don't want to write it off just because of that. But similarly I don't want to really get into the save only to find it gets spoiled because, for want of a better way to phrase it, the game just seems to have it in for the player.

I guess I'll try a few more games, but I can pretty much see now the way they're going to go.

To be fair, I'd not judge a game on just one pre-season friendly. That's not really a test, is it? I don't think the game 'has it in for the player'. It just seems like that when things don't go perfect.

And even real managers think like that. Listen to their whining every week about them losing for every reason under the sun except the real biggies like the fact that their players were crap and so were their tactics. Not that's reality.

Is it just me thats find this incredibly difficult? I'm doing my usual Aris Salonika save only objectives are to avoid relegation. No transfer budget and no spare wages. Shockingly poor squad especially when compared to olympiakos etc so poor results are innevitable.

My first season is as expected shocking. Just avoid relegation. Start second season with largely the same squad as still no cash results are even worse no matter how much I tinker and I start to get frustrated as I'm usually making some great strides by now in FM.

Four losses and a draw later I pass over to my new assistant in frustration who has 15's for judging ability and potential but 4's and 5's for everything else. I give him the reigns until mid january and instruct him to use my tactics and my selection. He loses twice. Between his two losses comes a period of nine wins and two draws in a club record undefeated run. He hands back over in second place 1 point behind PAOK.

Can someone please please please tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can start to enjoy the game and wipe that smug smile of giannoupapdaoupbatzis or whatever my ass mans name is!!

Here's my sort of rant........

When I first started playing the early Beta, the game was pretty good. I really only had 2 problems

1) The Wing Backs were constantly getting player of the match and getting really high ratings

2) The game was slightly too easy. I kept winning everything without a whole ton of effort.

Then the first patch came

1) Way too many shots. Almost all goals were headers.

2) Wing Backs ratings plummeted. I guess they nerfed them too much.

3) Striker ratings totally plummeted.

Since release

1) Striker ratings are still abysmal.

2) The goals being scored are no longer always headers. I see a variety.

3) Not sure about Wing Backs and their ratings. They weren't bad or great either. Honestly did not play enough to know for sure if there was a problem.

4) The game is much much harder. I lost 2 in a row to Tottenham and Newcastle with Man City. Was winning everything prior to that. With the same exact players and tactics. And not only did I lose I really didn't create any chances.

-------------------------

Now 2 things

a) I admit that it may be my tactics at fault. I don't want the game to be too hard or too easy I want it to be realistic.

b) I haven't really played enough to give a concise opinion on ANYTHING. I was just stating some observations. Some of which match what others are experiencing.

I'm also very happy that SI actually works on these issues. Good lord Fifa has not released a patch in over 3 weeks and the game is COMPLETELY COMPLETELY BROKEN, it's just horrible, I hardly ever play it anymore and I was completely hooked on FUT 13. So I'm happy to be a FM customer that actually feels somewhat appreciated.

I don't get the issue other than your strikers are rubbish and you cant create clear chances?

is podolski a crap striker 19 finishing attribute is giroud a crap finisher don't think so mate because I'm having the same sort of problem

oppostion has far more chances and shots on goal

Go into your match analysis, and click the little circle representing each of your shots, which will take you to a replay of each one. A lot of the shots don't show on highlights, particularly on key highlights. Look to where your players are shooting from and why. Was there better options? Was the opposition defence crowding your attackers and forcing them into rushed shots?

I'm guessing this is some kind of new poster hazing.

Well done, very funny!

Getting into good positions and screwing up

I don't know if it's just me but I've tried rotating wingers many times with different instructions yet I get my wingers that manage to break offside traps or get way deep into the enemy 3rd but do nothing productive. They will hold the ball up near the corner flag, walk around and eventually cross it out for a corner when a defender rushes back, or loses the ball when the defender backtracks.

High number of interceptions

Mid-range passes and sometimes short passes are being intercepted way too many times.. Often times I find that average players with medium levels of anticipation are intercepting passes from my players with high passing and technique stats.

I do not have any .pkm to prove this but these are generally my observations after playing 2 game years since Beta 2 weeks ago and the problems I found to have been consistently high even after the patches. Just wanted to see if anyone else was getting the same issues.

I didn't put this into any bugs forum as I wasn't sure if I was the only one experiencing such problems.

Do post here if you are getting the same problems!

Is it me, or is the pitch in the sun way too bright?

I think for these cases its probably a mid-day kick-off where the sun will be at its highest aspect. I've been too many games and ended up with a sun burnt face, in some cases burnt only one side.....not sure if FM will give you a sun tan but may I recommend sun glasses in these instances :D

I think for these cases its probably a mid-day kick-off where the sun will be at its highest aspect. I've been too many games and ended up with a sun burnt face, in some cases burnt only one side.....not sure if FM will give you a sun tan but may I recommend sun glasses in these instances :D

Ah I hear you. The 2001 FA Cup Final was pink for me. My mate on the other side of the millennium stadium was just fine in the shade. Drunk, but fine.

Really enjoying this fm2014 so thought I would leave my feedback. The main problems for me are the ball hitting the woodwork far too much. At least twice per game for me and usually the computer too. FB ratings have plummeted from being far too high. I also get the feeling morale is too heavily linked to the match outcome. Most games I play are quite even yet since a freak result destroyed my teams morale I usually lose despite playing just as well in every aspect of the match as when I had good morale and was winning.

Finally I know the match engine isnt perfect but I went 6 1 down in the first half in an even game playing a fairly standard tactic so in the second half I moved everyone bar 3 defenders as far forward as possible and just hoofed it forward and the half finished 0 0. This isn't a complaint about being 6 1 down but surely the other team should have been able to score in the second half when I set my team up I a stupid manner if they can score 6 in 45 mins against a proper tactic that had been serving me well

Archived