Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite disappointed. I feel stuck waiting for the game to be updated before I can get into it. It seems like the overall experience was better during the earlier stages of the beta. I guess there's only disappointment because the game has so much potential and does look like it will be much better than previous games. Unfortunately it has stumbled on these issues just before release. I understand the policy of only releasing patches when they're ready rather than to a deadline, but shouldn't the release of the entire game have followed this policy too? Maybe my disappointment is exaggerated by the expectation that I should feel able to start a long term save on the day of release.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the fixes as I can tell from what I've already played in the beta that this is going to be a great game! The only thing I'd like to see that isn't in (and probably can't be classed as a bug) is more realistic attacking headers in the match engine. Currently they're a bit lame, predictable and mostly over the bar. Bullet headers, heading down to goal line, glancing headers into the far corner and headers back across the face of goal would be great to see! Add those and I'll be hooked.

I think the transfer issue may not be a problem for people if they have cleared out their cache before starting a new game, perhaps people who don't have a problem can confirm if this is the case

When the game went live last night, I cleared the cache and started a brand new save. Perhaps this is why I'm not getting half the issues others have. Can't really explain it any other way. Clearly the vast majority of these people aren't lying, and there's been screenshots, etc, so there must be an underlying reason why some people are getting these bugs and others aren't. Must say I'm chuffed being in the 'others' camp!

Not got the game yet because I'm waiting to see if there are any major bugs, since I'm low on cash. That being said, I think people need to stop being so harsh. The transfer bug is the only bug that really shouldn't have gotten through testing, everything else seems like an annoyance that will be patched with a few weeks.

As we know from the open beta they have both been introduced late. For those waiting for these to be fixed before starting a career game maybe continue "testing" as finding anything else could perhaps be included in the next patch

When the game went live last night, I cleared the cache and started a brand new save. Perhaps this is why I'm not getting half the issues others have. Can't really explain it any other way. Clearly the vast majority of these people aren't lying, and there's been screenshots, etc, so there must be an underlying reason why some people are getting these bugs and others aren't. Must say I'm chuffed being in the 'others' camp!

Thanks Dave for confirming that. Perhaps others with the problem could:

a) close down FM

b) clear their local cache

c) start a new save

d) check for the transfer issue and confirm here

Thanks Dave for confirming that. Perhaps others with the problem could:

a) close down FM

b) clear their local cache

c) start a new save

d) check for the transfer issue and confirm here

i personally did all the above nothing changed.offers are way too low of the original price and cause i have small team with players with low market price its always near 0 or 1k-10k

As you said you don't have the game but you are willing to tell people what is wrong with the game and that other things are just an annoyance? I mean really?

This is the sort of post that just winds people up.

FYI the fullbacks bug is also making the game unplayable and should not have made it through to the full release.

I've played the demo enough. It's going to be a great game, just give them a couple of weeks to fix it up...

Point accepted but its constructive feedback that is required as opposed to rants, though the poster does make some good observations. Ideally these would also be posted inthe bugs forum with a PKM uploaded. This will help get them investigated and hopefully resolved

I agree with exactly what you said and I don't think the usual 'omg i need my money back!!' is relevant either. This should be swiftly dealt with by the mods (as it is) rather than mocked or commented on with the intention of causing arguments that derail the entire thread.

Right I think I've deleted the cache (though not through steam as I have done in recent years), but still no sign of the dark skin or any sign that I might be on the full game as opposed to the final patch of the beta.....

Go to preferences, will say the version near the top somewhere.

fx55e.jpg

Game after game of this, doesn't matter who i play as or who i play against, this was bad before in previous FM's, but it's ten times worse this year.

Practically unplayable.

Oh and i'm not using some weird take advantage of ME tactic either, just an in game tactic, tweaked to suit the players i have.

Yeah I hold my hands up over the player ratings, as particularly the full backs at lower levels do rate too low. We are working on a ME update that will address this and one or two other areas in the coming weeks.

A lot of the other stuff in terms of the ME is subjective and can depend on user setup, tactics etc. This thread is giving us far more negative feedback ME wise than anywhere else so far, and these forums are a very small sample of FM users these days.

Paul the FMC Instant result non-substitutions issue/bug has turned new match plans "bit of polish" into a joke. Please update/ fix ASAP Otherwise the game is much better than last year in my view but....no subs, seriously?

I say next few weeks because I dont want to make promises that cant be kept. That doesnt mean it wont be quicker.

Would it be possible to leave the other changes in and change the ME back to the beta version? ATM the various ME probs takes all the joy out, and despite minor bugs and cosmetic errors I had a hell of a time playing the beta :)

• SI Staff
Paul the FMC Instant result non-substitutions issue/bug has turned new match plans "bit of polish" into a joke. Please update/ fix ASAP Otherwise the game is much better than last year in my view but....no subs, seriously?

That and the full back ratings are our two priority fixes for an ME update. When we have a date we'll let you know but obviously testing will be required.

• SI Staff
Would it be possible to leave the other changes in and change the ME back to the beta version? ATM the various ME probs takes all the joy out, and despite minor bugs and cosmetic errors I had a hell of a time playing the beta :)

No. Not least because ratings aside the current ME is *better than the previous betas.

* See we all have subjective views on this!

That and the full back ratings are our two priority fixes for an ME update. When we have a date we'll let you know but obviously testing will be required.

If you would focus on the whole rating system, as it in general is far from perfect, and not just the fullbacks, that would be sweet.

Thought the game had been patched to cut down the amount of goals?

5-0

3-1

7-4

So far.

Looking at some of the other scorelines:

12-3

7-1

4-5

5-1

6-1

Just completely ridiculous. How has this not been sorted from the beta to the full release? :(

Real Madrid 7 Sevilla 3

Should real life sort this out as well?

No. Not least because ratings aside the current ME is *better than the previous betas.

Except the ratings are breaking morale completely, which imho is a completely game-breaking problem. My team can't play even one match without deteriorating from superb/very good morale down to okay/poor within 60 minutes of play because their ratings are so poor - and that's with a morale-boosting teamtalk taking nearly everyone back to "good" morale from "okay" at half-time. Net result: we play fine for 30 minutes, then by 80 minutes are 3-0 down. That was with a title-challenging team against a relegation-battling team, too, and worse: their ratings did not seem to be as affected as mine did, because they're rubbish and expect to play rubbish, but are encouraged by how rubbish we are, I presume.

So essentially the engine is now slanting all games towards the underdogs hugely. I'm not 100% sure this is a new issue, either - it would certainly explain why Stoke finished 3rd in the league in one of my other saves, prior to the most recent (meaningful) update.

I was defending the ME prior to this update, incidentally. And no, it isn't my tactics; I'm still using the same basic system I've used for years.

Unplayable.

Have you done the cache thing and started a new game?

No tbh, I did clear cache on version 14.1.1 but carried on the same save. I am off work tomorrow so I will clear cache and start a new save and fingers crossed. Your starting to fill me with some optimism hope it works so I can get to playing.

* See we all have subjective views on this!

Are you finding a knock on effect from passive full backs to be overpowered crossing + consequential heading? There's a drastic difference between the power of crossing now compared to the last match engine. Im also sure you are aware of the low cross corner kicks too.

No tbh, I did clear cache on version 14.1.1 but carried on the same save. I am off work tomorrow so I will clear cache and start a new save and fingers crossed. Your starting to fill me with some optimism hope it works so I can get to playing.

Cache clearing should sort the dodgy transfer bugs, couple of days surely for the full backs and we'll all be good to go! Unfortunate, but at least the quality of the game over the year makes up for a couple of days delay.

I've played the demo enough. It's going to be a great game, just give them a couple of weeks to fix it up...

So you're the babysitter that watches the kids for a night and then claims he knows everything about raising kids. :p

In all honesty you are looking for something that is not really there, I have seen very little posts where people are demanding the game be fixed now, or going crazy on the forums, it has been mostly pleasant.

people are disappointed they can not get cracking with their saves but I think for the most part people on these forums have been somewhat understanding.

• SI Staff
Are you finding a knock on effect from passive full backs to be overpowered crossing + consequential heading? There's a drastic difference between the power of crossing now compared to the last match engine. Im also sure you are aware of the low cross corner kicks too.

Not convinced on the first one, but yes on the second.....but any such changes will not be rolled out until we are sure we have a better product.

Cache clearing should sort the dodgy transfer bugs, couple of days surely for the full backs and we'll all be good to go! Unfortunate, but at least the quality of the game over the year makes up for a couple of days delay.

Thats just a tiny portion of all the bugs reported from the community :(. What about the rating on the rest of the team, the shots on target, the miss chances, the bugged defence etc. etc...

Real Madrid 7 Sevilla 3

Should real life sort this out as well?

The most common scoreline in real life is 2-1. If you don't believe that, ask a bookie why it is that the lowest pay-out odds in any match for total goals scored is always for 3 goals or fewer. :)

So you're the babysitter that watches the kids for a night and then claims he knows everything about raising kids. :p

In all honesty you are looking for something that is not really there, I have seen very little posts where people are demanding the game be fixed now, or going crazy on the forums, it has been mostly pleasant.

people are disappointed they can not get cracking with their saves but I think for the most part people on these forums have been somewhat understanding.

It's nice to see people being understanding, I agree. But at the same time, that's no reason to pretend that there aren't some pretty horrendous issues. It does lead to the question: Do SI even have QA teams, or is that why we had the Beta?

If the latter, we really should've had some sort of discount as payment for being testers. Just my opinion, mind - ymmv on that one.

I have an issue beyond the match engine and low transfer bid issues (which has been made made abundantly by now).

The history of all players isn't being recorded.

For example, the pre game history shows for players, but any previous seasons played in game are not showing. I have cleared cache and it has done nothing. I can't recall anybody commenting on this and my friend doesn't have the problem, so I don't really know what to do with that. It's incredibly annoying though as I find player history to be of great importance when deciding if a player is worth buying.

Posted an image giving an example of what I mean, this is an issue for every player in the game.

cos6.jpg

Thats just a tiny portion of all the bugs reported from the community :(. What about the rating on the rest of the team, the shots on target, the miss chances, the bugged defence etc. etc...

Just need to be a little patient and optimistic that its sorted sharpish.

We as a community are very loyal, shell out £30 every year for what's effectively an updated database with a couple new features, SI know this, we know this, its very frustrating and they will crack it, and from then on we'll have such an immense game it will be ridiculous.

• Administrators
It's nice to see people being understanding, I agree. But at the same time, that's no reason to pretend that there aren't some pretty horrendous issues. It does lead to the question: Do SI even have QA teams, or is that why we had the Beta?

If the latter, we really should've had some sort of discount as payment for being testers. Just my opinion, mind - ymmv on that one.

We do have QA teams which work all year round on the game. If you could please be a bit more respectful of the job they do considering based on that comment you have very little idea of what goes into a software development program, especially for a game as complex as FM, it would be very much appreciated.

My analogy would be this:

The previous Beta version was like driving a Ford Focus with a few scratches. The release version is like driving a Ferrari, but with four flat tyres. It's a better product, but you can't really use it.

Sorry, I don't mean to stick the boot in. I've posted my issues elsewhere, and I appreciate you're trying to fix it, but I can't help feeling disappointed with the current version right now to the point where it's not really enjoyable. I'll carry on tweaking my tactics and hope I can find something passable and look forward to future fixes.

The real shame in all of this is that the game really does have huge potential. It's conceptually very good indeed. What irks me a little is that I buy FM every 12 months, but perhaps only get 10-11 months where the game is in a fully functioning state.

Again, apologies for the negative post. There are far more good things than bad things about this game, but the bad things are somewhat crippling, so far, in my experience. I appreciate others might not find known issues to be too bad.

Well we can all post our feedback in an orderly fashion and hope they fix the game soon, or we can all go nuts at them, get posts/threads deleted, people getting banned and still hope they fix the game soon <shrug>.

I am sure they know we are disappointed, as I am sure they are also disappointed, we just have to hope that they can get to the bottom of it soon, my Leipzig players are also eager to kick on and dominate European football. :)

fx55e.jpg

Game after game of this, doesn't matter who i play as or who i play against, this was bad before in previous FM's, but it's ten times worse this year.

Practically unplayable.

Oh and i'm not using some weird take advantage of ME tactic either, just an in game tactic, tweaked to suit the players i have.

I'm having the same problem this is beyond ridiculous just makes the game so miserable and frustrating to play if you read my post:

Hi guys I just played Chelsea and I was playing as Arsenal the match stats was really ridiculous (chelsea shots on goal 22) (shots on target 11) (arsenal shots on goal 0) (arsenal shots on target 0) is anyone experiencing this same sort of problem. The game seems pretty realistic when playing against the smaller clubs but when you play against the bigger clubs it's just seems too unrealistic as you can tell by the match stats the ball was rarely in their final third.

I just lost to psv as well it just seems like the opposition is far superior no matter who they are better at tackling and have more strength, I hope they update the full version

I'm not a manager and have no previous footballing experience but I'm pretty sure if I was coaching Real Madrid or Arsenal in real life I would not be losing like this ; )

Archived