In-Game Editor

It's simple, just dont use it. I'm sure there are many other tabs in the game you don't use but also wont even think about wanting them removed, this is another 1.

What if player A wants to create a new save, a legitimate save; they won't be able to show on the leaderboards - deleting the tool they bought/disabling it will let them compete with their friends.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's hard to sympathise with the hand-wringing from people who have paid for this tool, knowing full well what it was and what it would mean, and then complain about it after. Especially after just a few days. Plus, doesn't the leaderboard only become unobtainable when you actually edit something?

• SI Staff
But it's hard to sympathise with the hand-wringing from people who have paid for this tool, knowing full well what it was and what it would mean, and then complain about it after. Especially after just a few days. Plus, doesn't the leaderboard only become unobtainable when you actually edit something?

yes, you have to have edited something to stop your leaderboard score.

As for disabling it, no there is no way of doing it currently (other than a skin edit, which is a bit advanced for most people, and a pain if you want to reenable it) Obviously we will look at adding the functionality - when that will be I can't say.

This just is something that never really occured to us when developing it, sometimes when you are making a feature like this an aspect of it doesn't cross your mind - it isn't some sort of conspiracy as someone suggested.

Why can't a player want to relax on one save and mess around with the editor, then on another save play it legit. And I don't know as of yet (about the leaderboards).

Edit: just seen the update from EdL, thanks

What if player A wants to create a new save, a legitimate save; they won't be able to show on the leaderboards - deleting the tool they bought/disabling it will let them compete with their friends.

I use the In game editor and I still progress on the Leaderboard

On the old game, i could edit reputation for lower league teams and get some decent players interested. On this i edit the rep, but i can still only buy people at max, worth 36k in the skrill leagues. Even in that league with 10k rep, just used to see if it works, i should be able to get better players. Is this working correct. The finanaces and other bits work fine. Cheers.

Hello,

Please, it would be very very very great if you could add these features in a next update:

- allow modifications for team's kits (style and colour, for both players and goalkeepers). I really enjoy to modify team kits when a new season begins.

- allow modifications for player's style (hair and skin colour). There are a lot of errors in the database (blond hair instead of black hair, white skin instead of black skin...) and it's horrible to have to restart a new game each time I spot a new one.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would thank you for that :)

As someone who has used FMRTE for years I am pretty happy with this tool. I only ever used it to make regens a bit more believable or to correct flaws Id find during a save with the default data, so I didnt use all the options that were available, but I like how accessible it is within the game. If there is a way to ever be able to edit players wristbands, boots, undershirt ect that would be great.

If there is a way to ever be able to edit players wristbands, boots, undershirt ect that would be great.

+1, I don't know how it's generated by the game but it's pretty unrealistic (SI, where did you see players with undershirt that are not in the same colour of the main shirt ? Maybe in high school but not in profesionnal leagues, it's forbidden I think).

Anyway, this joins my previous post on this morning: it would be great to edit the visual content of a saved game.

Hello,

I'm trying to buy the in game editor but keeps freezing my game.

I got this:

t5o6.png

Then, when I click in checkout, freezes in it:

pvwv.png

Anyone knows how to do this?? How can I finish this checkout?

I got this message "This functions requires Universal Access activated in System Preferences" - How can I do this?

Thanks.

I don't want my money back - i just want to be able to uninstall it and not have it involved in any part of my game... Surely there is just a folder to be deleted somewhere??? I'm on mac and have searched the steam folder high and low but cannot find what needs removing!!!
this is the same as me don't want a penny at all as you buy it. but would like to delete it.

I'm in this camp. Realised I can't do what I want with it as I wasn't aware the normal editor still existed and now want rid but it'll always be there

Just having a play around with this to see which attributes affect the graphical attribute view. Looks like the higher the "Tendency to Punch" attribute is, the better the keeper is at "aerial". I disagree with this, I'd rather my keeper catch the ball.

Also, it seems impossible to change the "Rushing out" stat. It also, doesn't seem to affect the graph in any way.

I doubt it was deliberate.

And I know it must be frustrating you but I find it very funny, sorry.

Yeah its hilarious to be playing a network game and have someone add £500M to Inter's bank balance and then start making £100M bids for you players when the chairman steps in and accepts above your head. So much fun.

This is known issue with certain currencies - for now if you change currency to UK pounds, Euros or US dollars it should fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are working on a fix now.

Similar, though not identical problem.

Live in Ireland, currently in Ireland. Paid for €5 in funds, but can't pay for IGE which is displaying price as £3.99.

Have changed currency in 'Preferences' to Euro, STG and USD back and forth a few times, but to no avail. I'm getting the same message.

Can you help, please?

Many thanks?

I purchased the in-game editor on the release date, and used it that day. I then didnt use it until i went to today. However, it is not available in the toolbar. I had editor data loaded, so tried again without it, still didn't work. In the menu it says I have purchased the editor, but cannot access it. Any reason why?

Hello,

I'm trying to buy the in game editor but keeps freezing my game.

I got this:

t5o6.png

Then, when I click in checkout, freezes in it:

pvwv.png

Anyone knows how to do this?? How can I finish this checkout?

I got this message "This functions requires Universal Access activated in System Preferences" - How can I do this?

Thanks.

I assume you have Mac. You go to the System preferences and click on the "universal access" there. Tick enable access for assistive devices. It worked for me hope it does for you. Cheers

Hello,

Please, it would be very very very great if you could add these features in a next update:

- allow modifications for team's kits (style and colour, for both players and goalkeepers). I really enjoy to modify team kits when a new season begins.

- allow modifications for player's style (hair and skin colour). There are a lot of errors in the database (blond hair instead of black hair, white skin instead of black skin...) and it's horrible to have to restart a new game each time I spot a new one.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would thank you for that :)

Exactly this. Never been interested in making changes to attributes. I just wanna personalise kits and colours. SI missed a trick and my money.

I have to agree, SI's IGE must improve in some ways to be as good as FMRTE.

My suggestions:

-Add a option to set ALL atributes to a certain value (example: 20). FMRTE has this option.

-Add a option to LOCK players attributes, do they don't decrease. FMRTE has this option.

-Add a option to heal players COMPLETELY, and when i say that is to set fitness to 100% too, IGE only removes the wound but leaves the fitness percentage untouched. FMRTE has this option.

-Add a option to heal, unban and inspire ALL THE TEAM at once. Actually is only possible to do it player by player, which sucks! FMRTE has that too.

how do you edit the ca/pa? I cant find the button for this

many thanks

Go to a players profile, click on the spanner for the editor then click on Edit Players Attributes, then its up the top of the box that pops up. But you just cant edit those 2 figures to 200 (both of them) without editing their attributes on the players profile also. To have ca/pa at 200. you also have to make the recommended current ability as 200+

I play FM14 through steam on 2 computers, i downloaded the IGE on 1 of them and it works fine but it doesn't appear in the game on the other computer. I was told you should be able to re download it from your tools in steam but it doesn't appear there on my steam. Any suggestions on how to get it on both computers?

Archived