Sports Interactive Community

Wow - it's a cheat tool you have to pay for. I honestly don't know how could I live without it.

/sarcasm

IMO it's completely unnecessary and will be used for altering attributes, abilities, finances and so on. For a football simulation game which already comes with a great editor out of the box, this was simply a waste of time. And all this time, the ME is becoming more broken with every update. On a side note, the original ME from beta was way better than the current one which has many more annoying bugs than before.

I thought SI was better than using a form od DLC's to earn more money. From my point of view, this editor (as well as all other micro-transactions in FMC) is exactly that and I'm sorry to say I was wrong.

If you don't want to buy/use it you don't have to! I would say the popularity of this thread in itself proves there is a market for such a tool.

As for the argument comparing it to the match engine, well I wrote this and I don't work on the match engine so it hasn't taken any resources from that project.

If you don't want to buy/use it you don't have to! I would say the popularity of this thread in itself proves there is a market for such a tool.

As for the argument comparing it to the match engine, well I wrote this and I don't work on the match engine so it hasn't taken any resources from that project.

Very well said, it amazes that people who want nothing to do with IGE come onto the IGE thread and complain about it.

Just look at the popularity of the unofficial ones too. People want tools like this. Some for plain cheating. Some for fixing things they deem broken. Some for scouting. Some for balancing the game. Some for several or all of the above.

Some of my questions I asked earlier got an answer in one way or another. But two didn't.

Will we be able to edit countries? Youth reputation specifically.

Will we be able to edit affiliations?

I'm pleased with what we know as of yet at least. And it seems like features may be added on the go too. :)

Could I put a low level team up into the skill south league if I was to take a team out to place them?

Could I put a low level team up into the skill south league if I was to take a team out to place them?

That would have to be done using the pre game editor before you start a new save.

With the "move him to my team" feature, does it move the player to your team instantly or do you have to wait for transfer windows?

Instantly

That would have to be done using the pre game editor before you start a new save.

Correct would be dangerous to do this once the game is setup

Just look at the popularity of the unofficial ones too. People want tools like this. Some for plain cheating. Some for fixing things they deem broken. Some for scouting. Some for balancing the game. Some for several or all of the above.

Some of my questions I asked earlier got an answer in one way or another. But two didn't.

Will we be able to edit countries? Youth reputation specifically.

Will we be able to edit affiliations?

I'm pleased with what we know as of yet at least. And it seems like features may be added on the go too. :)

No to both presently.

Can you start your save on any date? I.E start it from 31st Oct? Then as was said above edit the points to reflect the current league standings?

Also I wish you could include an editor for FMC. Even a basic one. I mean, if you add up the cost of all the unlockables how much is that? On average how many unlockables does each person buy? Could it not be sold like a season pass? Say...£2 less than all the unlockables combined?

1) yes

2) No, editing histories would be fairly dangerous because it would cause other data we store to get out of sync.

do you mind my asking what other data this would cause trouble for and if this is also a problem for the pre-game editor?

do you mind my asking what other data this would cause trouble for and if this is also a problem for the pre-game editor?

No it won't cause problems pre-game, it is because we use the history lists to create some data caches (setup when you start the game) to avoid having to some data from a file on disk (which is slow to do)

No it won't cause problems pre-game, it is because we use the history lists to create some data caches (setup when you start the game) to avoid having to some data from a file on disk (which is slow to do)

Thanks mate

EdL - 2 questions:

1 - I understand that as of now there is no mass heal, mass boost morale with this iteration correct? If this is the case, will the dev team look to add it in the future?

2 - are there plans to implement FMRTE like presets? (e.g. custom mass heal, custom mass boost morale, make player all 20s, make a player all 1s, etc)

how about online game ? Is it a nice gift from SI to all cheaters out there ?

Hi EDL, appreciate you muat be busy on release night but could you answer the question on how it will affect online games? Im hoping you can alleviate my fears!!!

Many thanks

The In-Game Editor is not available in FMC as we felt that it doesn’t fit in with the philosophy of that mode.

Why not just say outright that the IGE is not available in FMC because of all the microtransactions available for that mode?

Philosophy my left big toe.

Hi EDL, appreciate you muat be busy on release night but could you answer the question on how it will affect online games? Im hoping you can alleviate my fears!!!

Many thanks

The server if they have purchased it will be able to make edits, the clients cannot.

Even if I made it so the server couldn't do edits in network mode, the save could be moved offfline, edited and put back online so it wouldn't really solve the problem.

You are going to have to trust your server person! I'm sure it would be pretty evident if they were messing around anyway.

And as suggested the spanner icon is always there - however that doesn't mean they have actually used it, just that they have purchased it.

Any news on making tactics 100% fluid?

Anyone actually brought it? Would appreciate an answer, Going to bed will check in morning.

Match prep etc is not editable.

For the life of me I can't seem to find this or the free one, for some reason the free one isn't listed in tools yet :/

Can someone break down where to find the in-game one please? Where is the in-game store?

Downloads from the main menu screen or in game via the FM Menu -> Downloads

Doesn't it make the game a lot less challenging?

i am toying with the idea of getting it just to give bristol rovers loads of money. but i know its only a matter of time before i have messi and ronaldo in

league 2 lol

For the life of me I can't seem to find this or the free one, for some reason the free one isn't listed in tools yet :/

Can someone break down where to find the in-game one please? Where is the in-game store?

Click on 'Downloads' from the Start Screen or the FM Menu. It should be on the page you arrive at.

Are you running with Steam offline?

No, it's no longer in BETA mode. Well, the BETA tag has been removed from the bottom right corner of the game.

What version? If you go to preferences will display in the subtitle.

Should be 14.1.2 if it has updated.

What version? If you go to preferences will display in the subtitle.

Should be 14.1.2 if it has updated.

It's still 14.1.1.

What do?

Advice getting the full version here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368876-Football-Manager-2014-%E2%80%93-Out-Now! Also I guess Steam is going a bit slow right now as everyone is trying to get it.

I purchased through the SEGA store but have the game running through Steam.

EDIT - I think I just fixed it. SEGA sent a multiplayer code so I re-activated the game with that and it's downloading something.

No, we've never blocked that if pre-game editor is used, so followed the same pattern here.

Both use of pre-game and in-game stop you having scores added to the leaderboards for any save(s) affected.

ahhhh, that makes sense, I wondered why I wasn't getting on the leaderboards in previous versions. Not that I'm massively bothered, I barely ever check them but after a particularly successful few seasons I checked and couldn't see anything.

steam says there is no downloadable content for fm2014

downloads button in game doesnt work

yet steam has released 2014, (australia)

Doesn't it make the game a lot less challenging?

i am toying with the idea of getting it just to give bristol rovers loads of money. but i know its only a matter of time before i have messi and ronaldo in

league 2 lol

It depends how you use it. Sure, the tempation is there to make the game less challenging, but you can also use it to make your game MORE challenging. As a Lower League (English) manager, I've used IGEs for years, and I've never got further than League Two.

Any staff/player attributes changed in the in game editor affects nothing in the game, the attributes don't change. Unsure why they don't.

Make sure you are adjusting the CA if you change attributes, for players "Recommended Current Ability" is displayed to show the sort of CA that should be used for the attributes as they are set.

Yeah I changed the club youth recruitment but the facilities tab doesn't change the description at all - was 2 I tried 3,4,5 and even 20. Still no change

Make sure you are adjusting the CA if you change attributes, for players "Recommended Current Ability" is displayed to show the sort of CA that should be used for the attributes as they are set.

worked out I was editing attributes int he editor instead of on his profile in game. All good.

Don't know if it is just me but every time I try to move a player I don't want to another club I get a crash dump come up. Tried it three times even verified my game on steam to see if that would sort it but the same problem occurs sorry to be a pain.