Sports Interactive Community

The obvious third party product can help you there

But honestly, for adding friends, isn't using the nickname system or the pregame editor enough?

Well sure, but I like the idea of being able to access the editor in-game and the reliability of using an official tool (plus, the other product is a scooch more expensive). As for the friends thing, I like starting out with a normal database and adding them as regens later on. Don't ask me why it has to be that way, just a weird little thing.

The obvious third party product can help you there

But honestly, for adding friends, isn't using the nickname system or the pregame editor enough?

Yeah, you can change player names in the FM Editor. I sometimes change names based on hating the regen ones.

Yeah, you can change player names in the FM Editor. I sometimes change names based on hating the regen ones.

Same, every Welsh generation seems to get a 'Ryan Giggs' newgen, it's a bit tedious.

EdL, firstly many congratulations on developing the in-game editor in such a short cycle!

I'm absolutely loving the "official" editor! :p

I honestly think that with 4-5 new features, the editor will possibly be complete.

1. As AIK mentioned, the ability to edit Feeder/ Parent Clubs and their relationships/agreements.

2. Ability to search using extra filters (which are not shown to the user normally, but which run in the background) such as:

a) Searching by Potential/Current abilities

b) Searching for only Regens/original players.

c) Searching by Perceived Current/Potential Ability Ratings (which basically tells you how good a player is in a particular position, role and duty)

3. Ability to edit to player and staff relationships:

a) Adding/Removing Favoured personnel, clubs, etc.

b) Adding/Removing Home Grown and Nation Grown status.

c) Adding a bit of history perhaps?

4. Ability to register to a particular player for a competition. To give a bit of background:

I often have around 30 players in my first team squad. 22-23 are aged above 21 while the rest are youth. I play in the English Premier League. Sometimes it so happens that I miscalculate the amount of players that have to be registered and end up omitting 1 or 2 players because of my carelessness. So, it would be great if I could the register the said omitted players using the in-game editor.

Once again, I must emphasize on the great job that has been put in the editor! KUTGW! :)

Please can we edit a players contract type... I'd like to be able to change my part-time players to full-time.

Please can we edit a players contract type... I'd like to be able to change my part-time players to full-time.

Yeah, this.

I am about to start new save, i usually use editor to bring in players which the club has in real life. Like Liverpools massive signings.

However I cannot use editor to bring in Manquillo on a 2 year loan.

Ability to edit feeders clubs (club, type of feeder, duration).

Going forward with this or for FM 2014 I would like any editing functions that are available in the normal Editor to be available for saved games. I would like to extend to competition rules and agreements, for example being able to add nations to the list of "non-foreign players" within a competition.

Can someone to SIGames to tell me if SIGames they will be release a new version of in game editor for Football Manager 2015 please ?

If it made money they will.

This kind of thing used to be free

Yeah, because they've released thousands of in-game editors in the past for free.

Yeah, because they've released thousands of in-game editors in the past for free.

SI jumped on the band wagon after fmrte decided to charge pal and saw ££££££

SI jumped on the band wagon after fmrte decided to charge pal and saw ££££££

Those pesky developers, charging for their own product - how dare they! It's almost like they're entitled to or something! Down with sort of thing!

Those pesky developers, charging for their own product - how dare they! It's almost like they're entitled to or something! Down with sort of thing!

Your missing the point pal.

I cant argue with fanboys anymore im to old...go crawl up SI's skirt.

My answer is correct, if SI (now they have jumped on this bandwagon of charging for what used to be free) then yes they will make another version for fm15.

Not wanting to trawl through 10 pages, is it not possible to change the names of competitions using the in-game editor? Can't seem to see that it is. Little disappointed as this is one of the main reasons why I bought it. Champions League etc...

Your missing the point pal.

I cant argue with fanboys anymore im to old...go crawl up SI's skirt.

My answer is correct, if SI (now they have jumped on this bandwagon of charging for what used to be free) then yes they will make another version for fm15.

:lol:

Not wanting to trawl through 10 pages, is it not possible to change the names of competitions using the in-game editor? Can't seem to see that it is. Little disappointed as this is one of the main reasons why I bought it. Champions League etc...

Could be due to licensing issues? I know there are ways to get around that pre-game, but maybe adding it as an in-game option would make it "too easy"? Or maybe it's one of the fields that makes the data unstable if changed. Or maybe they just forgot :p

You've always been able to do that using LNC files, just gotta savequit and reload your game for the change to take effect. No need to start a new game or use any weird save game editors. It's merely cosmetic.

*did this for FM 2007, maybe even for CM 03/04...*

There was never an official in game editor, free or otherwise. They were always third party. The regular pregame editor, is still free.

Hi All,

I couldn't found anything on the In Game Editor in the Download menu. Apparently the service is not available anymore. Is this true?

I checked in my own game a minute ago and it is still available for purchase. I clicked on Downloads. Then on the left there are 3 big icons : FMC Unlockables, FMC Boost Bank Balance and FM In-Game Editor.

I checked in my own game a minute ago and it is still available for purchase. I clicked on Downloads. Then on the left there are 3 big icons : FMC Unlockables, FMC Boost Bank Balance and FM In-Game Editor.

Hunt3r,

Got it. However, couldn't find anything. Maybe you can assist?

S0KErc.png

No idea. I can only ask the obvious questions. Is your game up to date? Have you tried restarting Steam or your PC? Are you connected to the internet? Steam in on-line mode? I don't know if any of this will help, but check anyway.

Hello i bought the in game editor some time ago and has worked fine until today.

The icon for it is missing.

On the main screen i have tried to go in to the section where you purchase the editor and i got a message to turn on steam community overlay. I have checked this and it is turned on. (re started pc and re checked still turned on)

Also have re loaded cache

Still not appearing in game

Thanks in advance for any help

Why isn't this sticky anymore?

I was about to ask if anything can be said if the in-game editor will become available for FM15 too?

It was the greatest addition of FM14, and with an extra year of development I'm sure it would be super awesome in FM15.

Since the features from FM15 has been revealed I hope we can get a confirmation on whether with will be in or not.

What AIK said.

There has been vague suggestion that there will be another in-game editor from SI in another thread, which is excellent news. My dream is that I'll finally be able to edit kits with it. Are there any plans for such a feature this year?

What AIK said.

There has been vague suggestion that there will be another in-game editor from SI in another thread, which is excellent news. My dream is that I'll finally be able to edit kits with it. Are there any plans for such a feature this year?

I've had a PM from one of the developers confirming the In Game Editor will be available once again! However nothing mentioned in relation to Editing Kits! Would be a mega idea like you said Nonlondoner, get bored of the same away and third kits every season!

"Default Re: In Game Editor

Quote Originally Posted by dillmin

Hi, hope your well... Just a quick E-Mail just to ask if the In Game Editor will once again be available (at a cost) on the latest installment of FM!? Fantastic feature on FM14!

Much obliged... dillmin

Yes it will, thanks."

Great to know!

I hope they will do a quick blog post, or similar, where they reveal the new things in the IGE.

Please add learn formation or set formation to fully learnt or "familiar". If I'm going to cheat, I need a fully familiar formation or it's just no good :)

I sometimes wish I hadn't bought it TBH. Clicking make me unsackable when you're going through a rough time is just too tempting sometimes.

Don't you already pay £30-35 for the game?

Don't you already pay £30-35 for the game?

I think £21.99, depends where you buy.

I think £21.99, depends where you buy.

I'm a bit wary of certain other sites so tend to buy straight from Steam.

This is the first time I've bought via steam so apologies if this is a stupid question :)

How do you access the editor - or rather how did you access it in last years game if bought via steam?

Cheers

This is the first time I've bought via steam so apologies if this is a stupid question :)

How do you access the editor - or rather how did you access it in last years game if bought via steam?

Cheers

Steam/Tools

Steam/Tools

Great - thanks Kriss

And it's part of the game once fully launched?

or an optional chargeable extra ?

(Have seen conflicting opinions above ...)

Great - thanks Kriss

And it's part of the game once fully launched?

or an optional chargeable extra ?

(Have seen conflicting opinions above ...)

The editor and the in-game editor are two different things. This thread is for the in-game editor which you have to pay for. The other editor is for pre-game editing and comes free with every Football Manager and is located in the Steam Tools area as Kriss mentioned :)

The editor and the in-game editor are two different things. This thread is for the in-game editor which you have to pay for. The other editor is for pre-game editing and comes free with every Football Manager and is located in the Steam Tools area as Kriss mentioned :)

Great - just didn't want to assume they were one and the same thing!!

Cheers Cleaner

Will the IGE give me an option to make changes for certain leagues

Number of substitutes ?

Registration rules ?

Non-EU quota?

Can't imagine it changing anything that would create instability in game. Was useful last year at times, but much like FMRTE kinda eliminates the challenge as temptation is a bitch.

I think, much like the pregame editor, that people are expecting way too much and teacups will be thrown come Friday.

Will the IGE give me an option to make changes for certain leagues

Number of substitutes ?

Registration rules ?

Non-EU quota?

No. Only the pre-game editor can do that.

Cheers - wanted to check the possibility full stop

No you have to do it player by player currently
Is this statement true because in FM2014 you COULD mass edit to heal the whole team as the graphic at the head of this post shows. In FM2014 with the initial in-game editor you had to edit players fitness levels individually but this was changed to a mass edit after an update of the editor. Surely Si are not going to publish an editor like the original FM2014 one as it would be ridiculous to do so as they already possess the ability to offer a mass-edit editor from the off !! It would only encourage users to purchase editors like FMRTE which I assume Si would rather you didn't !!

you can do this and have been able to for years without using in game editor take a look on sortitoutsi- real name fix, its save game compatible too