In-Game Editor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a new PC due to my old one dying and when I downloaded FM2014 I was hoping in game editor would still be on a/c I paid for it on old PC. It wasn't so I went to rebuy but it says its already purchased and I don't have the menu in game, I am very confused please help I have no idea what is going on if you swap PC you lose the editor forever????

I have the same problem. Please post a solution?

Seen the price? doesn't even work full of bugs and crashes

You are kidding aren't you? It works fine. Has more options and only 1 pound more.

If sigames were smart, they'd buy a copy and check it out. That would indeed be what's best for business.

You are kidding aren't you? It works fine. Has more options and only 1 pound more.

If sigames were smart, they'd buy a copy and check it out. That would indeed be what's best for business.

Is it just me or is there a hint of WWE in your "what's best for business" quote there mate? :D

Have to say, I only purchased it for the potential to be able to edit kits at the end of the season, but I can see why they haven't done it. I guess that will just mean I don't waste time at the end of the season editing EVERY kit of every team I'm likely to come in contact with.

Any news on an update on the IGE yet? It definitely needs to compete with FMRTE14 which is out already with far more features. I'm sure SI is capable of a more in-depth IGE to suit those who'd like to stay loyal to them. Or else they'll be left behind by their competitors...

Surely with FMRTE14 being released it's game over for the SI editor ??

Why would you think that? The SI one is 100% more stable than FMRTE, although FMRTE offers more options. They both have their merits. If all you want to do is edit basic stuff your much better off with the SI one.

Will IGE ever get new updates or this is all that we have to edit?

I'd like to know this as well...

Will there be updates to the IGE with added features with a future patch to FM14, or not until FM15?

Well, I think it's REALLY necessary to do something about IGE on the online mode.

The managers should AT LEAST know when somebody used the tool. Really better would be to ban the IGE from the online mode.

SI, you should really give more attention to the online mode. First, you made a Versus Mode which doesn't have Team Talks, just this makes this mode completely useless.

And now, a RTE where the other players who are on a server can't know if anybody (yes, because any player with IGE in an online server can edit anything) is doing something wrong.

You might say "you're playing with with your friends, what's the risk?". I'm admin from an annual tournament of FM, which involves something like 15 clans, each of them with 8-10 people, and I believe that many people here play online competitions.

Well, I think it's REALLY necessary to do something about IGE on the online mode.

I think it should be banned in online mode

Can anyone from Sports Interactive let us know about the IGE and Network play?

Are we supposed to be able to use the IGE while playing network games? Yes, no?

Is there a fix for this if this is not supposed to be the case?

And are you fixing the "right-click" pop-up box that comes?

Can anyone from Sports Interactive let us know about the IGE and Network play?

Are we supposed to be able to use the IGE while playing network games? Yes, no?

Is there a fix for this if this is not supposed to be the case?

And are you fixing the "right-click" pop-up box that comes?

I second that... the IGE needs serious work, and some extra features, like team heal. Given that people paid for it, SI's silence is remarkable.

Indeed. I mean, they must have had the idea in the pipeline for a good while now, so why release it with the game, when it seems that it is not complete yet?

Maybe to get ahead of the FMRTE, I don't know... Anyway, I hope we get some answers sooner rather than later since we did pay for that xtra feature. :D

Maybe it is complete, and this is how we get it... I'm not one to place blame, or complain about something, but at least some answers...

There should be an option to remove the use of the IGE from your current save.

Case in point: I'm managing in the lower leagues and the only player that's worth a damn in the whole team won't sign a new contract because he wants $50 a week more than the board can afford. I've tried several different options to get him to sign but no luck.

So I buy the IGE to 'fix' him a little bit and then all of a sudden it's incredibly tempting to tweak this or that and then you suddenly realise you've ruined your save game by cheating.

For those weak willed amongst us it would be nice to include some sort of feature that would turn it off for good in your current save :D

There should be an option to remove the use of the IGE from your current save.

Case in point: I'm managing in the lower leagues and the only player that's worth a damn in the whole team won't sign a new contract because he wants $50 a week more than the board can afford. I've tried several different options to get him to sign but no luck.

So I buy the IGE to 'fix' him a little bit and then all of a sudden it's incredibly tempting to tweak this or that and then you suddenly realise you've ruined your save game by cheating.

For those weak willed amongst us it would be nice to include some sort of feature that would turn it off for good in your current save :D

- And an ability in "Game Status" where you can see whether or not the IGE has been activated/used, so people won't be tempted to cheat in network games.

I purchased the in-game editor on the release date, and used it that day. I then didnt use it until i went to today. However, it is not available in the toolbar. I had editor data loaded, so tried again without it, still didn't work. In the menu it says I have purchased the editor, but cannot access it. Any reason why?

I am having exactly the same problem. Used it once and now the menu is unavailable. Steam says that it is already purchased. Very frustrating.

I stupidly agreed a contract with a player that gets £1700 every time he is an un-used sub........sod that. But i can't seem to remove this with the IGE :(

You could just lower his overall wages to balance it out?

Question of my own here, does added preferred moves have any impact on the CA of a player? Seems changing a players stats can be a bit of a minefield unless you know what you're doing. Was wondering if I gave my players some more desirable moves for their position then I could improve their game in more subtle, less intrusive ways?

Question of my own here, does added preferred moves have any impact on the CA of a player? Seems changing a players stats can be a bit of a minefield unless you know what you're doing. Was wondering if I gave my players some more desirable moves for their position then I could improve their game in more subtle, less intrusive ways?

PPM's dont take up CA points.

What to always remember is if your going to put an attribute up, you have to increase the CA number, or reduce another attribute to compensate.

Yeah thats what i did in the end, took £1700 off his weekly wage. I don't feel this is cheating - just re-negotiating his contract :D

Also, if i changed a players CA and its higher than the recommend one - will that catch up at some point or do i have to start changing stats too?

I tried this out earlier, picked a random yet dreadful youth (one who sitting on borrowed time contract wise) and whacked his PA and CA up. His stats haven't improved much more than they were already yet my staff seem to think he should be made a Key Player lol.

I tried this out earlier, picked a random yet dreadful youth (one who sitting on borrowed time contract wise) and whacked his PA and CA up. His stats haven't improved much more than they were already yet my staff seem to think he should be made a Key Player lol.

How long have you left it? Changing the CA only will take a few weeks (game time) until you see the changes.

How long have you left it? Changing the CA only will take a few weeks (game time) until you see the changes.

He's had about 2 months now and still not much improvement. He's still quite young, which may be a factor. I'm not too bothered tbh, was just a test to see what happened.

Edit, I just checked him again and they've rocketed up. Seems it does work, just takes a few weeks to kick in.

Talking about adjusting CA and seeing the attributes going up to correct to the CA.

- Does anyone know for a fact, if that also works on the players past their peak? 31-33+ years old.

I do know that their CA automatically start to drop a point every now and again because of aging, but was just wondering one could combat that.

Talking about adjusting CA and seeing the attributes going up to correct to the CA.

- Does anyone know for a fact, if that also works on the players past their peak? 31-33+ years old.

I do know that their CA automatically start to drop a point every now and again because of aging, but was just wondering one could combat that.

CA is CA, so it'll still go up even if he's 60.

When you guys experiment with this kind of thing it'd be great if you feedback any results that seem a bit off. So if you set a 35 y/o player to CA 200 and he's soon back to where he was or anything like that. Cheers

- Adjusting CA and waiting 13-16 days works wonders for the attributes, like a training boost if you'd like.

- Still testing on older players, that are past their peak, and whether or not it has any effect on staff members.

Max Clayton-Robb - Would it be possible to get a "Freeze" option implemented on player attributes?

Of course I have no coding experience myself, I was just wondering, because if someone outside SI, (Braca/FMRTE) can do it, then you guys

with your vast experience with the game should definately be able to succeed at something similar, and maybe even perfect it no?

If you know for sure, that something like that is not possible for you guys at SI, then people will sadly still refer to FMRTE and pay Braca for his work.

And Max, I don't know if you can answer this too - but there are still a few of us, if not more, waiting on a reply regarding the use of IGE on Network games.

- Martin

Archived