In-Game Editor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi edl, i have same problem like alano, i play fm 2014 through steam in my office and at my home in 2 different pc. at office no problem, but at home while click to dowland it says unable to connect error code 1035.

we try it with different steam account in same pc it gives same error, any help, thanks

I just wanted to do some little things with the ige.

-> Change kits.

-> Change player numbers

-> Change players position.

-> Modified afiliated teams (feeders and parents)

-> Change amount of staff allowed

I was not able to do any of these, I weel I wasted $5.49

Your editor is too simple compared editor FMRTE

We can not change people and the club that the player either love or hate

Etc....

Look your éditor and look éditor FMRTE.

FMRTE is more complete.

I lost 4.50€

I Agree i'm very disapointed with the lack of option, not able to change contract from part-time to full time?? no heal, no lock stats ad so on...

You knows Si you have one chance to correct this mistake before fmrte release because after that no one will ever buy IGE , peoples just gonna wait for the new fmrte each year.

When I'm playing online with a friend who is the host of the game, it will be possible for me to know if he changes anything, even if I don't have the IGE?

And if both players have the IGE, only the host will be able to use it, or anyone can?

No it wont be possible to tell, and no both players can use the RTE if they both have it, just editing is restricted on network games.

is there an option to edit player's height and weight? I could'nt find.:(

Can you add a option to edit height please?

Halfway trought my season I found out that the dutch talents have almost doubled in size since you last updated them ( Boëtius +18cm, Te Vrede +15cm ).

It would be nice of SI to spend some time on the eredivisie for once so I don't have to spend days in the editor...

As I like to play 'holiday' games and run varying scenarios the in game editor has always been of great benefit to me to save me from having to create a new database and start again. I was delighted to see that for £3.99 I could get a built in editor so I purchased it. Oh how I wish I hadn't.

I love how it is integrated into the game but using it is a tad frustrating and the lack of so many features is shocking. I can't wait for FMRTE to be released because this version isn't worth buying.How SI can have failed to emulate what FMRTE can do is beyond me, it's not like it's a new tool.

If all you want to do is give your team vast amounts of money and fill your team with superstars then this version is fine. If you actually want an in game editor that allows you to edit the whole game then wait for FMRTE because this version no where near cuts it.

Nice idea, lousy implementation.

Why are people getting upset over FMRTE having more options? If he gets FMRTE up and running your more than welcome to use it and never to use the SI one if you dont want too, no one forced you to buy it.

You are correct, no one forced me to buy it. I stupidly assumed that SI being the creators of the game would be able to produce an editor as good as FMRTE, maybe even better. The sad thing is they clearly can't.

No it wont be possible to tell, and no both players can use the RTE if they both have it, just editing is restricted on network games.

Editing restricted on network games? Great.

I was particularly worried about this. 70% of my playing time is online, in tournaments which I don't know really well against who I'm playing.

You are correct, no one forced me to buy it. I stupidly assumed that SI being the creators of the game would be able to produce an editor as good as FMRTE, maybe even better. The sad thing is they clearly can't.

You assume that all the options on FMRTE are safe. Who knows exactly what they do to the game? Its easy for BarCa to not really care if your game gets ruined as he makes its clear that he is not responsible for anything that goes wrong, SI have taken the safer option of including the things they know are safe to edit, because if their RTE breaks anything, they will have to sort it out. The game was never designed to be edited in real time, there are so many things that can go wrong.

You assume that all the options on FMRTE are safe. Who knows exactly what they do to the game? Its easy for BarCa to not really care if your game gets ruined as he makes its clear that he is not responsible for anything that goes wrong, SI have taken the safer option of including the things they know are safe to edit, because if their RTE breaks anything, they will have to sort it out. The game was never designed to be edited in real time, there are so many things that can go wrong.

I think it unfair for you to say that he might not care, he clearly does, but your point about things can go wrong is perfectly valid. I am fully aware and always make a backup save before doing any mass editing. I am just so, so disappointed in the lack of options within the SI one and feel ever so slightly cheated from my money.

Anyway, once bitten twice shy. SI won't be getting my money for an ingame editor again (well as long as BarCa keeps on producing one).

I've only used the in-game editor to change accents on players' names. Like changing Vidic to Vidić. It was worth the £4 for me on that basis alone! Never understood why it doesn't work in the stand-alone pre-game editor.

I think it unfair for you to say that he might not care, he clearly does, but your point about things can go wrong is perfectly valid. I am fully aware and always make a backup save before doing any mass editing. I am just so, so disappointed in the lack of options within the SI one and feel ever so slightly cheated from my money.

Anyway, once bitten twice shy. SI won't be getting my money for an ingame editor again (well as long as BarCa keeps on producing one).

I dont mean he doesnt care in a way that he will release anything without caring about the quality, i have used FMRTE a lot over the past 4 years and i love it, but BarCa is in a very good position where he can put a "use at your own risk" label on it and not worry about the damage it COULD do to a save, SI dont have that luxury. For all we know mass editing a teams health could have knock on effects no one was aware of, im sure SI have FMRTE themselves and know what it can and cannot do, and due to that they will have much more info on what is safe and what isnt. I really dont think it will be a case of them releasing something that is half arsed, more they have released something they know is currently 100% safe to use, with them looking to expand it as they progress.

That's exactly how i feel and i'm sure we not the only ones

One thing that I think would make a beautiful addition to the RTE would be some sort of news items that would respond to some of the changes.

For example, you boost your club's bank balance, click continue, then there is a news item that says "Team X last night announced an additional sponsorship deal worth x retrospectively payable over the last 2 years. Critics claim the move makes a mockery of FFP rules, and have appealed to UEFA to stop Team X from ruining the sport."

Or maybe you edit a player's ability upward and then the news item might say "Well respected names in the world of professional football are saying that Player X arrived at training on Y morning a whole new player. The masses gathered outside the gates of "training ground name" to catch a glimpse of a player who, they claim, has received divine coaching from the Lord."

Or maybe if you just frequently edit stuff a news item might pop up saying something like "Manager X was reportedly visited this morning at Training Ground Y by government agents investigating reports that he has strange powers which enable him to manipulate the space-time continuum."

They should all have some sort of negative connotation to make people feel guilty about editing, and also it should be impossible to unsubscribe from messages like this, so that network game players will ALWAYS know some editing has been done, and in a fun way.

Im using FM on 3 different laptops but same account and purchased the In-Game Editor on one laptop which works fine. However, on the other two laptops it says already purchased in the download section but there is no toolbar button at the top of the menu ?

One thing that I think would make a beautiful addition to the RTE would be some sort of news items that would respond to some of the changes.

For example, you boost your club's bank balance, click continue, then there is a news item that says "Team X last night announced an additional sponsorship deal worth x retrospectively payable over the last 2 years. Critics claim the move makes a mockery of FFP rules, and have appealed to UEFA to stop Team X from ruining the sport."

Or maybe you edit a player's ability upward and then the news item might say "Well respected names in the world of professional football are saying that Player X arrived at training on Y morning a whole new player. The masses gathered outside the gates of "training ground name" to catch a glimpse of a player who, they claim, has received divine coaching from the Lord."

Or maybe if you just frequently edit stuff a news item might pop up saying something like "Manager X was reportedly visited this morning at Training Ground Y by government agents investigating reports that he has strange powers which enable him to manipulate the space-time continuum."

They should all have some sort of negative connotation to make people feel guilty about editing, and also it should be impossible to unsubscribe from messages like this, so that network game players will ALWAYS know some editing has been done, and in a fun way.

Why should someone be made to feel guilty about editing their own game?

I have to agree, SI's IGE must improve in some ways to be as good as FMRTE.

My suggestions:

-Add a option to set ALL atributes to a certain value (example: 20). FMRTE has this option.

-Add a option to LOCK players attributes, do they don't decrease. FMRTE has this option.

-Add a option to heal players COMPLETELY, and when i say that is to set fitness to 100% too, IGE only removes the wound but leaves the fitness percentage untouched. FMRTE has this option.

-Add a option to heal, unban and inspire ALL THE TEAM at once. Actually is only possible to do it player by player, which sucks! FMRTE has that too.

I agree with this. Having these in the future update would make this editor a whole lot better

No thoughts on the idea then. That's suprising.

It is just my opinion that the above would be funny, I have nothing against editing.

I dont think its good idea at all, hence why I asked you why someone should be made to feel guilty about editing their own. Cant honestly say I find the idea of someone being made to feel bad, funny.

I dont think its good idea at all, hence why I asked you why someone should be made to feel guilty about editing their own. Cant honestly say I find the idea of someone being made to feel bad, funny.

And in the context of a network game? You act as though I didn't specifically mention this.

My suggestions:

-Add a option to set ALL atributes to a certain value (example: 20). FMRTE has this option.

-Add a option to LOCK players attributes, do they don't decrease. FMRTE has this option.

-Add a option to heal players COMPLETELY, and when i say that is to set fitness to 100% too, IGE only removes the wound but leaves the fitness percentage untouched. FMRTE has this option.

-Add a option to heal, unban and inspire ALL THE TEAM at once. Actually is only possible to do it player by player, which sucks! FMRTE has that too.

I agree with this. Having these in the future update would make this editor a whole lot better

Bingo. This pretty much echoes what I've said earlier on in this thread. In addition to changing relations and homegrown status, this is exactly what most users would like.

I'm hoping SI is listening to their client-base for this PAID editor.

My suggestions:

I second all of that... what do SI think? Will we have an update soon?

My suggestions:

Completely agree. SI, you should include these in an update ASAP

My suggestions:

Agreed! When will this happen? Will there be an update of the in-game editor? if so, when?

only suggestion I'd make for this?

it's totally cosmetic but SQUAD NUMBERS. it really bugs me that you can't change someone's squad number mid-season when you can in real-life. this is especially frustrating with January comings and goings maybe changing the numbers you want to have certain guys wear.

so yeah, you should be able to edit squad numbers.

Bingo. This pretty much echoes what I've said earlier on in this thread. In addition to changing relations and homegrown status, this is exactly what most users would like.

I'm hoping SI is listening to their client-base for this PAID editor.

Hope with more support we can rally enough people so SI takes notice and put these ideas into the editor...

To those doing the usual wailing and talking about updates, you are not going to get an answer, so there is little point getting yourself worked up over it. If there is going to be an update, there is likely to be no notice. It will just drop. They are not going to put a date, or a list of content out for an update until it is 100% ready. They do monitor these threads though, so if there's a decent enough idea that they agree with, it'll probably go in eventually.

The only thing i really want to edit, on the fly, is player positions or player attributes i've missed pre-game....

I'm guessing this is easily done in the In game Editor? - If i was to amend a players position to include, say, AMC (when he's a AML) - do i need to amend anything else?

You can just ammend it like this yes. Just add in the relative value out of 20 that you see fit and it will update to that.

If anyone has examples where you have set the CA to a certain level (recommended or otherwise) and the stats have dropped back to pre-edit levels or anything similar please post screenshots in this forum http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/371-Pre-Game-and-In-Game-Editor so that we can test further.

You can't set everything to 20 and please only give examples where the stats have reverted illogically. Cheers

The main reason i use FMRTE is to set players/managers liked and disliked clubs to stop daft unrealistic transfers from happening by setting them to dislike said club bidding and they reject the contract,add that option and i'm golden..Things i'd like to see in the future versions/updates are..

1. The above option.

2.Kit changes - i use the smooth looking round 2d icons that look great when they have a white outline on the kits for say Liverpool,Chelsea etc..But sometimes i miss some in the editor before i start a game and cant do anything about it unless i use FMRTE.

3.Transfer status - Ability to change a players current status by placing them on the transfer list or loan list/take them off both.

4.Future transfers - Would love the option to be able to set up future transfers,not for my own teams benefit but to keep my game as realistic as possible with believable ai signings.

I understand why the SI IGE is pretty basic as there are a lot of things FMRTE can change that can break your game and deliver a nice crash dump on your doorstep including the future transfers option i mentioned that has corrupted save files of mine in the past. But i hope that somehow in the future there is a work around to add these features.

I for one would pay £20 for an official and safe SI IGE with the same amount of options that FMRTE has,but thats just wishful thinking on my part i guess.

Well, I think it's REALLY necessary to do something about IGE on the online mode.

The managers should AT LEAST know when somebody used the tool. Really better would be to ban the IGE from the online mode.

SI, you should really give more attention to the online mode. First, you made a Versus Mode which doesn't have Team Talks, just this makes this mode completely useless.

And now, a RTE where the other players who are on a server can't know if anybody (yes, because any player with IGE in an online server can edit anything) is doing something wrong.

You might say "you're playing with with your friends, what's the risk?". I'm admin from an annual tournament of FM, which involves something like 15 clans, each of them with 8-10 people, and I believe that many people here play online competitions.

My suggestions:

this.

surely SI can manage to add these features in, I mean if someone working independently can figure out how to do so surely the people who made and coded the game can?

I hope it gets updated to include these features cause all though it's good as it is, right now I still think I will get FMRTE if it comes out as well, just cause it will save a LOT of time to have the freezer and heal/unban all options in rather than doing it for each player (and having to set each players fitness and stuff to 100 pre games)

My suggestions:

But there is no FMRTE for FM14, and if SI have done their job correctly this time around then there won't be one either.

I for one would pay £20 for an official and safe SI IGE with the same amount of options that FMRTE has,but thats just wishful thinking on my part i guess.

Same here, but we already paid €6 while under the impression that SI had done just that, or at the very least, that they were planning to update it and add features regularly.

I used FMRTE and enjoyed using it, and BraCa does some tremendous work, but there were times when my saves were screwed up because of it. SI has a chance to finish FMRTE off for once and for all with their next update; they're missing a great chance if they don't.

I'd imagine the reason that BraCa has said that it'll be a few weeks before FMRTE 14 comes out is to wait and see how complete SI make their in-game editor in that period of time. If the SI IGE remains limited, people will go back to BraCa.

Archived