FM14: Should I buy or sell?

SRL88

I am heading into the 2nd season on my ManCity save. Won the league, runner up in CL and lost FA final. Want to buy either Cavani, Falcao, or Suarez. All are pricey. Cavani 50 mil plus 20 over 24 months, Falcao 60 mil, Suarez, 30 mil plus 10 mil over 12 months and Negredo exchange. Thoughts?

I'm also trying to strengthen my midfield. Trying to sell Garcia, maybe Milner also. But having trouble deciding on a replacement to partner with YaYa. Maybe Koke, they want 39 mil for him. Or??

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Dodo

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller: Roma

Player's Value: £2.2m

Offer: £10.5m (£20k p/w wage)

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch: 14.3.1

Season: July 2015 (start 2nd season)

or

Player Name: Fabio Coentrao

Your Team: Man Utd

Buyer/Seller: Roma

Player's Value: £4.7m

Offer: £4.7m (£80k p/w wage)

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Season: July 2015 (start 2nd season)

Any advice? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking to add a striker to my Newcastle squad during the first season. we have Remy and De Jong on loan obviously, but I'd like to add someone on a permanent deal. Don't have the funds to meet the arranged £8 mill feel for de Jong and I don't think we can afford the wages for Loic Remy.

Have the chance to sign Giampaolo Pazzini for £1.9 million, anyone think he'd be a worthwhile purchase for a couple of seasons?

• 2 weeks later...

With Lukas Podolski returning to Germany and both Santi Cazorla and Tomáš Rosický ageing considerably, I've been intent on adding another player to our forward line for some time. With Alexis Sánchez - whom I agreed a £15 million deal for - demanding silly money, here are the two options:-

Player Name: Marco Reus

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer/Seller: Borussia Dortmund

Player's Value: £29.5 million

Offer: £29.5 million, his release clause. Straight up £29.5 million. If he joins, Reus will be on around £115,000-a-week. He and his agent will also pocket considerable loyalty and agent fees respectively.

Transfer/Wage Budget: TB - £50 million, WB - £400,000-a-week

Patch: Latest patch

Season: Summer, 2015/2016

OR

Player Name: Antoine Griezmann

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £27 million

Offer: £23 million - £18 million upfront, with the remaining sum payed in installments. I've managed to agree a contract worth £74,000-a-week.

I'm a fan of both and both would improve our current squad considerably, with the intention of winning the Premier League this coming season. Griezmann is much more adept to Arsenal's technical football, but Reus' pace and ability to play up front certainly interests me. Griezmann also appears to be the better financial deal, as he would earn considerably less than Reus. But Marco Reus is Marco Reus. Feedback would be appreciated.

With Lukas Podolski returning to Germany and both Santi Cazorla and Tomáš Rosický ageing considerably, I've been intent on adding another player to our forward line for some time. With Alexis Sánchez - whom I agreed a £15 million deal for - demanding silly money, here are the two options:-

Player Name: Marco Reus

Buyer/Seller: Borussia Dortmund

Player's Value: £29.5 million

Offer: £29.5 million, his release clause. Straight up £29.5 million. If he joins, Reus will be on around £115,000-a-week. He and his agent will also pocket considerable loyalty and agent fees respectively.

OR

Player Name: Antoine Griezmann

Buyer/Seller: Real Madrid

Player's Value: £27 million

Offer: £23 million - £18 million upfront, with the remaining sum payed in installments. I've managed to agree a contract worth £74,000-a-week.

I'm a fan of both and both would improve our current squad considerably, with the intention of winning the Premier League this coming season. Griezmann is much more adept to Arsenal's technical football, but Reus' pace and ability to play up front certainly interests me. Griezmann also appears to be the better financial deal, as he would earn considerably less than Reus. But Marco Reus is Marco Reus. Feedback would be appreciated.

I've played Reus across all the attacking positions and he performs well in all of it. He is versatile and will provide options for you going forward so he is the better option for me. But of course, you can have both players providing finances allow, Griezmann can be retrained into an AMC and he has the attributes to thrive there.

I've played Reus across all the attacking positions and he performs well in all of it. He is versatile and will provide options for you going forward so he is the better option for me. But of course, you can have both players providing finances allow, Griezmann can be retrained into an AMC and he has the attributes to thrive there.

I've decided to go for Antoine Griezmann, largely because I believe he's better value for money. Every week, he'll be on almost half what Marco Reus would have been on. Moreover, his technical proficiency is appealing too me. He'd suit my team much better and balances well with the searing pace of Theo Walcott on the right-hand side. Thanks for your feedback, by the way.

Completely different players in FM, it would of been what your team needed the most...

A goalscoring direct threat, from Reus.

A creative playmaker, and winger-type in Greizmann.

If you use Greizmann in the right position he can be a direct scoring threat, as well as an awesome playmaker. I've used him as an inside forward in the AMR position, and he's been a 15-20 goal a season player. Hard to pick between them though, I'd want both of them. Reus on the left, Griezmann on the right. If I was forced to choose though, I would go Greizmann.

Completely different players in FM, it would of been what your team needed the most...

A goalscoring direct threat, from Reus.

A creative playmaker, and winger-type in Greizmann.

If you use Greizmann in the right position he can be a direct scoring threat, as well as an awesome playmaker. I've used him as an inside forward in the AMR position, and he's been a 15-20 goal a season player. Hard to pick between them though, I'd want both of them. Reus on the left, Griezmann on the right. If I was forced to choose though, I would go Greizmann.

Thanks for the feedback, you two. I did go for Griezman, purely as he's better technically and is more versatile both tactically and positionally. £24 million the fee and he'll be on £75,000-a-week. At the moment, he'll fit in alongside Özil at AMCL, playing in a 'Shadow Striker' role. I play a 4-2-3-1 formation, with an AMCL, AMC and AMR. I also like that he can play on either flank in a 4-1-4-1 formation, a system I use generally at the death of games.

I've the choice of buying Ryan Bertrand or Aaron cresswell for my villa team at the start of season 2. Both cost £2m, Bertrand 40k a week, cresswell 18k. Which should I go for?

Cresswell slightly better defensive and technical stats, Bertrand better attacking and pace.

Looking to play them in the left wing back position as a complete wing back attacking

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Gabriel Barbosa

Your Team: Inter

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd / Man City / PSG / Real Madrid

Player's Value: £28.5 million

Offer: 75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £130m / 200k

Patch: Latest

Season: Pre season of the 6th season (2018-2019)

Player Name: Gabriel Barbosa

Your Team: Inter

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd / Man City / PSG / Real Madrid

Player's Value: £28.5 million

Offer: 75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £130m / 200k

Season: Pre season of the 6th season (2018-2019)

GO, just go. 75M can get you a lot of Gabriel Barbosas

Player Name: Ross Stacey (5* Pot decent Prem striker)

Your Team: Ebbsfleet

Buyer/Seller: Bourmouth

Player's Value: £100k

Offer: 700k

Transfer/Wage Budget: Literally none

Season: 2016/17 start of season in L2

Season: 2016/17 start of season in L2[/quote

Yes. 700k can get you a lot for League 2

Player Name: Bernard Mensah

Your Team: Watford

Buyer/Seller: Liverpool

Player's Value: £91k

Offer: £4.5million + 25% further sale

Transfer/Wage Budget: £2million

Patch: Default

Season: Beginning 13/14

I would sell if I got a 50% further sale rather than a 25% further sale. Can you negotiate??

Season: 2016/17 start of season in L2[/quote

Yes. 700k can get you a lot for League 2

If you don't need the money I'd hold off. He could fire you up the leagues and you should be able to get seven figures for a Prem potential striker.

Player Name: Theo Walcott

Buyer/Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £20.5m

Offer: £41m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £40m

Patch: 14.3

Season: Close Season 2014/15

Won the league and runner up in UCL, which might distort his value. Oxlade Chamberlain overtook his this year and he'll be entering his last year of his contract next season (100k p/w). I think it's a good offer, as I don't think they will even play him over Willian.

Basically, feel like i'm cheating the AI.:o Would probably purchase Lucas Moura or some other world class player for the money. Or might just promote Gnabry to understudy.

• 2 weeks later...

Player Name: Max Meyer / Angel Di Maria

Your Team: Man United

Seller: Schalke / Real Madrid

Player's Value: Not sure (not in game atm)

Offer: £17m + add-ons / £22m + add-ons

Transfer/Wage Budget: £80m

Season: Start of 2015/16

Looking for a AM/FWD who can play across the front-line. I really like both players, but I only really have room for one in my squad (alongside Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa, Januzaj, Henriquez, Kovacic).

I'm looking for a first team defensive midfielder, most likely to be played as a Halfback. I have had offers accepted for the following:

Player Name: Gabriel

Your Team: Swansea

Seller: Botafogo

Player's Value: £5.75m

Offer: £4.5m + £1.3m over 12 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: £8m / £100k p/w remaining

Season: Start of 2014/15

Gabriel accepted a contract of £13.5k p/w + £2.4k appearance + 10% yearly wage rise for 4 years

Player Name: Maxime Gonalons

Seller: Lyon

Player's Value: £6m

Offer: £5m upfront + £2m over 12 months + £500k after 50 appearances

Gonalons accepted a contract of £30k p/w + £4k appearance for 4 years

Player Name: Oriol Romeu

Seller: Chelsea

Player's Value: £3.3m

Offer: £5m upfront + £2m over 48 months + £700k after 50 appearances

Romeu has accepted a contract offer of £34k p/w + £5k appearance fee + wage of £44k after 10 international appearances for 4 years. Also the only one of the 3 to speak English.

Player Name: Matej Vydra

Your Team: Wolves

Buyer: Atletico Madrid

Player's Value: £7.5million

Offer: £20million

Transfer/Wage Budget: £6million

Signed him on a free in the second season, however it took a big chunk of my wage budget/incentives to get him to sign. He had a blinding season last time out and finished as top scorer in the championship, as well as helping us to very successful cup runs. I've already brought in Hajrovic (£3million), Ben Arfa (£7.5million) and Wanyama (£13million) which have taken the main bulk of my transfer budget, however, selling Vydra would leave Zaza as my only "out-and-out" striker. £20million would go a long way to strengthening for my first season in the Prem but I'm not 100% sure.

Player Name: Victor Valdes

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: GBP3.8mn

Offer: Free, 150k p/w, 20% yearly wage increase

Transfer/Wage Budget: over 200k p/w available wage budget

Season: January 2014 (first)

This is a great opportunity, of course, and at the moment a step up from Woj. His wage demands are high but he comes on a free and would play for 4 years. My problem is that I brought in Caballero beginning of the season and he is a great back up and Woj is developing nicely but Valdes is Valdes. He would join in June 2014 and I could ship out Woj on a loan for a year maybe (until he reaches his potential) and keep Caballero as a back up keeper. The year after, I could sell Caballero again and keep rotating Valdes and Woj until Woj becomes the starter again.

Mikal personally I'd go for Romeu.

c.ronaldo7 if you can use the money to replace him and strengthen elsewhere, then go for it. :thup:

tyro no, keep faith with Woj. You'd just be signing Valdes for his reputation, I'm sure that with regualr game time and the right training, Woj could become as good as or close to as good as Valdes plus he is younger and unlikely to ever ask for as high wages as Valdes.

Greys33 anytime I've played as Chelsea, I wouldn't dream of selling him but it's a lot of money so if you can replace him then go for it.

Mikal personally I'd go for Romeu.

c.ronaldo7 if you can use the money to replace him and strengthen elsewhere, then go for it. :thup:

tyro no, keep faith with Woj. You'd just be signing Valdes for his reputation, I'm sure that with regualr game time and the right training, Woj could become as good as or close to as good as Valdes plus he is younger and unlikely to ever ask for as high wages as Valdes.

Greys33 anytime I've played as Chelsea, I wouldn't dream of selling him but it's a lot of money so if you can replace him then go for it.

Thanks for that, I chose to sell him anyway in the end and put the money towards signing Memphis Depay from PSV who looks far too good to be playing for me.

Player Name: Max Meyer / Angel Di Maria

Your Team: Man United

Seller: Schalke / Real Madrid

Player's Value: Not sure (not in game atm)

Offer: £17m + add-ons / £22m + add-ons

Transfer/Wage Budget: £80m

Looking for a AM/FWD who can play across the front-line. I really like both players, but I only really have room for one in my squad (alongside Rooney, Welbeck, Kagawa, Januzaj, Henriquez, Kovacic).

Max Meyer mainly due to youth. Similar players in many ways, but do you want a player stronger in the center or left?

Player Name: Nathan Redmond

Your Team: Norwich

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £11.5m

Offer: £32.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £235k remaining / £750k

Season: beginning of 4th season

Just not sure what to do here. He's been good for England but 10 assists last season was his most so far and he ended the season wth a 7.10 rating. Still seems to be my best player though.

Player Name: Nathan Redmond

Your Team: Norwich

Buyer/Seller: Man Utd

Player's Value: £11.5m

Offer: £32.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £235k remaining / £750k

Season: beginning of 4th season

Just not sure what to do here. He's been good for England but 10 assists last season was his most so far and he ended the season wth a 7.10 rating. Still seems to be my best player though.

I would sell, or even try to negotiate the sale for any extra $$$ you can, even if just $1m more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Player Name: Kasper Kusk

Your Team: Ajax

Buyer/Seller: Stuttgart

Player's Value: £9.75m

Offer: £22m

Transfer/Wage Budget: £12m but in a very healthy financial position

Season: 2nd - Purchased in first for £500k

Stats for the season:

Apps - 35 (9) Goals - 20 Assists - 13 Avg Rating - 7.18

Won us the UEFA Cup as well.

Player Name: Nicolas Boilesen

Your Team: Ajax

Buyer/Seller: Wolfsburg

Player's Value: £6.75m

Offer: £18m

Transfer/Wage Budget: Same

Patch: Same

Season: Same

Had a great season from left-back however I've just signed Jonathan Silva

• 1 month later...

Player Name: Anthony Way (an 5* academy intake, 17 years old, DM/M LC)

Your Team: Chesterfield

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: €88k

Offer: €6.5m + 500k over 12 months, 25% of the profit on the next sale, play a match, loan back the player for a season. 55% of the fee will get into the war chest.

Transfer/Wage Budget: €950k / €65k (€220 a week for Way)

Season: Start of the 3rd, will be the 2nd season in the League 1

Stats for the previous season: Not really worth mentioning. He played a few full games, but mainly a lot of sub appearances. 1 goal, 2 assists. Was about to be in the starting line up this season though

Main reason for concern: since the transfer will get me a very healthy amount of cash for a club the size of Chesterfield, my job security plummets down, since my contract (2 years at €2,800 a week) is not that expensive to terminate. The club expects me to at least reach play-offs, which after a 14th spot in the first season in the League 1 seems a leap up.

• 3 weeks later...

I know there is no other Ronaldo; but I'm here to listen your replacements recommendations - especially youngsters - for Ronaldo.

Here's my shortlist:

- Lucas Ocampos

- Memphis Depay

- Kevin Volland

- Gerard Deulofeu

Who do you most recommend?

@james_wilko

According to my assistant manager - his scouting abilities are great - Jese has just 3 stars PA. And actually he does not look like a first team replacement for Ronaldo; just a great rotation i think.

@streety

thanks for your feedback; it will be hard - Barca does not want to sell him to me.

I think that's what Bale is for. He played wide left for Tottenham prior to his move to Real Madrid. Just an option to consider maybe. :thup:

thanks my friend; this time I will need AMR in order to replace Bale :) it is okay too; but still need a great winger

Archived