FM14: Should I buy or sell?

SRL88

That is quite possibly the most ridiculous comment I've heard, trying to persuade someone that Ravel 'I have the professionalism of a brick and won't be tutored by anyone' Morrison is even in contention for a place against Quintero! Plus - due to his attitude, I have already got rid (thankfully)

And this is quite possibly the most close-minded response I've read on here. Morrison is class, his fourteen goals in twenty games (for me) is proof of that, not to mention he just won European Golden Boy.

I've just turned down a £16,000,000 bid from Liverpool for him. He's made great progress for me, you just need to play him on the regular.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read back my comment it was perhaps a little strong - so apologies for that - however I still stand by my point that Morrison is not a patch on Quintero and will never achieve his potential given his awful professionalism. Shame as he has been our best player IRL this season (and should probably get some kind of attributes boost in the data update in Feb (probably to his hidden attributes))

Having read back my comment it was perhaps a little strong - so apologies for that - however I still stand by my point that Morrison is not a patch on Quintero and will never achieve his potential given his awful professionalism. Shame as he has been our best player IRL this season (and should probably get some kind of attributes boost in the data update in Feb (probably to his hidden attributes))
he have very high ambition so should be able to reach his potential on that basis

I took it the wrong way mate, all good. He is an ambitious player, and is playing out of his skin right now. From what I've heard about Morrison lately is he has really settled himself down and is being being looked after by the senior members in the squad. Best move by Fergie and Sam was to get him out of Manchester and away from the group of friends. I really do hope he fulfils his early potential, both for West Ham and himself.

You're right though, he has nothing on Quintero, but he is a cost effective player, and basically does the same job. And he's English.

Buying/Selling: Buying.

Player Name: Christian Benteke.

Your Team: West Ham.

Buyer/Seller: Aston Villa.

Player's Value: £16,000,000.

Offer: £14,500,000.

Transfer/Wage Budget: Next season- roughly £20,000,000.

Patch: Latest.

Season: Third.

Aston Villa have just been relegated, and Benteke has been transfer listed by request. The only thing holding me back was the fact he was injured for half the season with knee tendinitis.

Player Name: Christian Benteke.

Buyer/Seller: Aston Villa.

Player's Value: £16,000,000.

Offer: £14,500,000.

Transfer/Wage Budget: Next season- roughly £20,000,000.

Season: Third.

Aston Villa have just been relegated, and Benteke has been transfer listed by request. The only thing holding me back was the fact he was injured for half the season with knee tendinitis.

I personally would go for it based on how much his stats have decreased following his injury.

I say don't sell him. His english and seems like he is performing well for you. Since his value is £30m you might get similar bids in the future, and I can only assume he'll continue to play well. Doesn't look like you need to sell for financial reasons either concidering your transfer budget.

With that said though, attribute wise he isn't very impressive. So if you have any promising talents you concider buying I would perhaps recommend selling.

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: A. Januzaj

Your Team: Hull City

Buyer/Seller: Buyer

Player's Value:

Offer: £10m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Season:15/16

How's he looking in this save? I'd go for it if he's an upgrade for any player on your side ..

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Hugo Lloris

Your Team: Spurs

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: 15.75m

Offer: 20m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Season: 14/15

I can get Víctor Valdés on a free but he wants like 150k a week!

What do we all think?

Player Name: Hugo Lloris

Buyer/Seller: Barcelona

Player's Value: 15.75m

Offer: 20m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

I can get Víctor Valdés on a free but he wants like 150k a week!

What do we all think?

Try and get Valdes on trial, and then he will sign a contract for around 60k per week.

Great idea Gandy, I'll give it a go.

Not sure I want to sell Lloris but it's 20m up front and with Valdés on a free it almost seems silly not to!

It worked for me, though I only had Adrian to replace. You should be more than happy with Lloris, but if you need the money, take it and run.

This is how he looks;

thdf.png

greenshot

I'm really tempted but it will be the majority of my budget.

I'd grab him for that price, but only if there aren't any dire needs in your squad to fill.

Should I buy Will Hughes or James Ward-Prowse?

I have both in my Chelsea save and both perform at a very similar level to one another with very little to chose from. Both play very well as a deep lying playmaker or box to box midfielders.

Also now this:

Player Name: Vertonhen

Buyer/Seller: City

Player's Value: 14m

Offer: 21.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget:

Patch:

Hmm

offer is to small and the player is to good, dont sell

Should I buy Will Hughes or James Ward-Prowse?

I've got them both on my current Newcastle save.

Ward-Prowse

son0.png

Hughes

nkkk.png

Hughes cost me just over £8 million in first season, but had to offer Southampton £18.75 million for Ward-Prowse in summer window at start of the third season. There's not a lot to pick between them really, but my staff seem to think Ward-Prowse might have slightly more potential, so he might be the slightly better target.

Player Name: Lucas Romero.

Buyer/Seller: Velez.

Player's Value: £1,600,000.

Offer: Free transfer.

Transfer/Wage Budget: £4,000,000/£68,000.

Season: January- third season.

He's accepted a 50k per week contract until 2020, with a three year option.

http://gyazo.com/df662baa9bdfe75b66a16ae1b5029e84

Don't buy.

I've had him on two different saves in this game, in total have had him for 6 seasons, and no matter what role I played him in or how successful my team was he just never performed well enough to justify the wage he was on.

Can you suggest anyone else? I have little to no money right now, and need midfield enforcements for next season.

Don't buy.

I've had him on two different saves in this game, in total have had him for 6 seasons, and no matter what role I played him in or how successful my team was he just never performed well enough to justify the wage he was on.

I'd say buy, especially if you get him for free. I bought him before the third season for my Spurs. The first season he was only a back-up/rotation player, but now for his second season wih us I've given him more playing time and he already has 6 assists in 9 matches as a DMs or an MC B2B. He is quite yellow/red card prone, though.

Can you suggest anyone else? I have little to no money right now, and need midfield enforcements for next season.

I say you gamble on him. If he under performs after a couple of seasons, you'll make the wages back on selling him on. Would imagine you'd get a good bit of cash for him after a few seasons.

I say you gamble on him. If he under performs after a couple of seasons, you'll make the wages back on selling him on. Would imagine you'd get a good bit of cash for him after a few seasons.

Should I spend the £675,000 to get him now?

Buying/Selling:buysing

Player Name:lukaku

Your Team: liverpool

Buyer/Seller: everton(chelsea)

Player's Value: at the start 11.5

Offer: 10upfront 21 mill for 48 months various clauses all up for 41mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: IM selling almost all of my defense except for sakho LOL

Patch: latest

Season: first season first transfer

Buying/Selling:buysing

Player Name:lukaku

Your Team: liverpool

Buyer/Seller: everton(chelsea)

Player's Value: at the start 11.5

Offer: 10upfront 21 mill for 48 months various clauses all up for 41mil

Transfer/Wage Budget: IM selling almost all of my defense except for sakho LOL

Patch: latest

Season: first season first transfer

That's a tough one. I'd almost certainly say yes in most cases, but if you're selling almost all of your defense for him, I'd say you have more pressing concerns to fill before getting another striker.

Should I sell this guy?

665y.png

Bayern have just come in 1st day of 2021 Jan transfer window with an upfront offer of £30.5m. His contract ends in 18 months time but he is simply amazing. 7 goals in 22 games is priceless from a CB and I'm currently pushing Bayern for the title in my journeyman save career, they're one point ahead of me during the winter break. Projected to end season with £9m in the black so this could help but in terms of replacements there are nothing about so would have to rely on a couple of good youth prospects till end of the season :/

Tempted to see if they're willing to negotiate and see if I can push them towards the £40m mark.

Why sell? You're selling to one of your main rivals, for not that much money, and he looks pretty damn awesome. I'd definitely be keeping him, and offering him a new contract ASAP.

He's not interested in a new contract after I turned down the original offer so my hand is forced :( Dortmund have now offered £35.5m so I've accepted, will only go to Bayern though if they offer £40m+

He's not interested in a new contract after I turned down the original offer so my hand is forced :( Dortmund have now offered £35.5m so I've accepted, will only go to Bayern though if they offer £40m+

Then make him interested. Play some soothing jazz, open a nice bottle of wine and convince him to stay.

Player Name: Will Hughes

Your Team: Hull City

Buyer/Seller: Bayern

Player's Value: 12.5m

Offer: 36m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 3m

Patch:

Season: 19/20

So that makes him in the mid-20's right? I wouldn't sell unless you have a replacement that will slot right in.

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Diego Alves or Stephane Ruffier

Your Team: Roma

Buyer/Seller: Valencia/St. Etienne

Player's Value: £1.5m/£800k

Offer: End of contract (Free)

Season: 2014/15

Both are available on a free and De Sanctis is retiring in a couple months. Can't really decide between them both, only difference is Ruffier wanted £20k less a week, and I am not sure if Diego Alves is worth the extra wages.

51adf56a00ba193792d22c1057758de0.png

I have just holidayed from start to January 2015 in hope of finding a challenge. See Roma sacked there manager in March (sitting 14th) and took them over, haven't really looked at spending money on a GK. Currently I have no budget and there are other areas of the team that could use the cash at summer, so a free GK of this quality is perfect.

I have just holidayed from start to January 2015 in hope of finding a challenge. See Roma sacked there manager in March (sitting 14th) and took them over, haven't really looked at spending money on a GK. Currently I have no budget and there are other areas of the team that could use the cash at summer, so a free GK of this quality is perfect.

I think Yann Sommer becomes a free agent, or Mattia Perin.

Archived