Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

With all due respect, I hear where xNAMOz is coming from...

The "It's in beta" rationale has a little under 24 hours left... what's it going to be then?

Either, the beta process needs to begin MUCH earlier, or, SI need to hire more in-house testers... because, frankly, waiting for 4-6 months after release for the niggling BS to finally get worked out, isn't cutting it anymore.

It did start much earlier, this is simply another stage. Things can break at a late stage. That is the nature of development.

With all due respect, while its frustrating for us all, the premise of his argument and yours about the testers/testing is flawed.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will post my issue in the bug thread/forum.

When you pay for my game, then you can tell me to stop making demands. I paid, I demand a working product and I demand a working game as advertised.

Not a personal attack on your friend. Just venting. Also, if you guys don't work for SI then why are you speaking on behalf of them?

That is fine and fully acceptable, however when there is a game breakign bug that affects the entire defensive system, we expect answers and at the very least a time frame on when the issue will be resolved.

It's our role to keep the forums on point and civil. You got an answer, you wont get a more definitive answer than that. You can keep going back and forth, but the answer might as well be "how long is a piece of string?" It's being worked on, and its fixed when its fixed.

But why doesn't it exist?

Isn't it odd having your older players in the U21 development league.

Because it doesn't exist in real life anymore. The FA rebranded the reserves leagues as an Under 21s Development League. SI have simply been true to real life, it's that simple.

It did start much earlier, this is simply another stage. Things can break at a late stage. That is the nature of development.

With all due respect, while its frustrating for us all, the premise of his argument and yours about the testers/testing is flawed.

A) how is the premise flawed, exactly? I'd be genuinely interested in hearing how...

B) this "break at a late stage" has happened for the past 3 years running. Which would leave one to conclude that SI are either really unlucky... or,...

• Administrators
Ok... I'm enjoying the game but I've just played Chelsea away, I'm Villa. There was 50 shots in the game...

45 to Chelsea and 5 for me. I lost the game 4-2. Brought an end to my 7 match unbeaten streak!

This is the worst I've seen the shots in my save.

If you can, it'd be great if you could raise this in the Match Engine bugs forum, ideally with a pkm. Forum can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/347-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

PKM details can be found in our FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363153

A) how is the premise flawed, exactly? I'd be genuinely interested in hearing how...

B) this "break at a late stage" has happened for the past 3 years running. Which would leave one to conclude that SI are either really unlucky... or,...

Or you know nothing about developing complex software.

It would be best for you not to finish that sentence. The feedback on this thread has been excellent, even ( and arguably especially) over the issues that affect the beta negatively. What we will absolutely not accept is any kind of personal dig at SI/testers and so forth, or you will lose your rights to post on this forum. I hope I have myself clear, because I would much rather not go down that route.

well the match engine seems to have regressed since the last beta update! I'm seeing a load of idiotic defending and such again, like others have stated full-backs have gone from over-powered to horrifically under-powered too. *sigh*

They have always been horrific since beta start, jogging along with the attackers, watching pass go past right next to them without reacting etc.. but they just were overrated by the system. Now they are still bad and the system probably rate them as they should be.

They have always been horrific since beta start, jogging along with the attackers, watching pass go past right next to them without reacting etc.. but they just were overrated by the system. Now they are still bad and the system probably rate them as they should be.

Tbh I think they're a bit worse and probably deserve the ratings they're getting :D but it is in hand :thup:

It would be best for you not to finish that sentence. The feedback on this thread has been excellent, even ( and arguably especially) over the issues that affect the beta negatively. What we will absolutely not accept is any kind of personal dig at SI/testers and so forth, or you will lose your rights to post on this forum. I hope I have myself clear, because I would much rather not go down that route.

lol I see, I see.

Valid criticism denied!

I'll drop it...

To add a little more substance to those previous posts, there do seem to be far too many shots, and too many goals.

I've noticed a few other little quirks, though my sample size is pretty small:

1. Headers at goal tend always seem to be looping headers, never powered ones.

2. Strikers seem a little goal-starved relative to onrushing midfielders, but that could just be my tactics.

3. Full backs seem to have trouble tracking runs and making tackles, just backing off forever until the attacking player is past them.

In general the match engine has come on leaps and bounds since the beta first launched, though.

I take it no-one can help with my problem? I'm not too fussed about the squad depth issue as I can find it manually. When I'm trying to sign a player, however, my assistants don't compare him to the players I already have rather his best position:

9qw8kj.jpg

Just throwing out a thought here, but is it the beginning of your save and did you bring in new staff? I'm just wondering if your assman doesn't know your squad yet.

I will post my issue in the bug thread/forum.

When you pay for my game, then you can tell me to stop making demands. I paid, I demand a working product and I demand a working game as advertised.

Not a personal attack on your friend. Just venting. Also, if you guys don't work for SI then why are you speaking on behalf of them?

That is fine and fully acceptable, however when there is a game breaking bug that affects the entire defensive system, we expect answers and at the very least a time frame on when the issue will be resolved.

You haven't paid for the game - nobody has at this point in time. You have pre-ordered, and you are at liberty to cancel your order. You and the rest of us are currently road-testing a FREE beta version (or free demo if you've downloaded that)

Was enjoying a very nice Schalke save employing a trio of AMCs and it was ticking along nicely but since the update I've lost 6 games in a row to opponents of varying difficulty. When we got smacked 4-0 by City courtesy of 4 crosses to Negredo's head I decided to have a play around and kept reloading and replaying that one game. I lost 5 times in a row scoring just 1 and conceding 23 goals in total, the majority of which came from the Wingers destroying my full backs, one trend I noticed a lot was that after conceding the first goal I would have 2-4 players on ratings under 6.0 (also happened against Dortmund) which seems ludicrous to me.

Anyway I had one last bash at that game and set Draxler and Meyer to the wings, we won 2-0 without much issue, I've reloaded back to the original 4-0 drubbing now and I'm unsure as the whether I should go on with the save but switch to a system using wingers, which is not how I want to play or stop playing for a few days in the hope that it will be patched as it isn't an issue with my tactics and that it's either due to OP wingers or terrible nerfing of the full backs

That likely all sounds very whiny and perhaps that's true, I'm not entirely pleased that one patch does seem to require me to rebuild my tactics though but maybe that's the risk of playing a beta

But why doesn't it exist?

Isn't it odd having your older players in the U21 development league.

The FA and Premier League suit put their heads together and decided this is the solution to the England international team being rubbish. You can call it an over-reaction, and muddle-headed decision or what you like, but they made the decision and SI are bound to implement it.

Either on the tactics screen re drop down on the players name or in player instructions on the same screen. That takes you to another screen were you can set instructions as well e.g. cross from deep etc

I'm sure i saw that but see no bit to set playmaker also why no option to have counter attack now?

"Theo Walcott's proposed transfer from Arsenal to Chelsea has been called off at the last minute due to Chelsea not being able to free up enough funds to complete the deal"

This has happened for the 2 builds that I have been testing since and is continuing to happen.

It's not just Chelsea, I've had the issue with Real Madrid, Man U and Liverpool too. Nor is it specific to Walcott. There are plenty of teams that will apparantly offer what they want, and ultimately your transfer falls through.

I've also seen this happen between 2 AI controlled teams. It's beyond frustrating as it's happened with transfers from 5million +

I'm sure i saw that but see no bit to set playmaker also why no option to have counter attack now?

The tick-boxes have gone, along with the sliders. Now you select playmakers via their roles, e.g. deep-lying playmaker, advanced playmaker. Counter-attack is a team strategy, so having that AND a tick-box option last year was a bit superfluous.

Was enjoying a very nice Schalke save employing a trio of AMCs and it was ticking along nicely but since the update I've lost 6 games in a row to opponents of varying difficulty. When we got smacked 4-0 by City courtesy of 4 crosses to Negredo's head I decided to have a play around and kept reloading and replaying that one game. I lost 5 times in a row scoring just 1 and conceding 23 goals in total, the majority of which came from the Wingers destroying my full backs, one trend I noticed a lot was that after conceding the first goal I would have 2-4 players on ratings under 6.0 (also happened against Dortmund) which seems ludicrous to me.

Anyway I had one last bash at that game and set Draxler and Meyer to the wings, we won 2-0 without much issue, I've reloaded back to the original 4-0 drubbing now and I'm unsure as the whether I should go on with the save but switch to a system using wingers, which is not how I want to play or stop playing for a few days in the hope that it will be patched as it isn't an issue with my tactics and that it's either due to OP wingers or terrible nerfing of the full backs

That likely all sounds very whiny and perhaps that's true, I'm not entirely pleased that one patch does seem to require me to rebuild my tactics though but maybe that's the risk of playing a beta

This reflects my experience since the last Beta update to a large degree. My AMCs and MCs appear incapable of playing incisive football. The difference is that my team keeps winning because my wing players are on fire. The problem is that I am not enjoying watching the team win because they are not playing in the manner that I envisioned (and which they were playing prior to the last update). One of the advantages of the new tactics system is that I know exactly what I am telling my team to do (no more guessing with sliders), so when they play the way I want them to play, it is clear to see, and when they fail to play the way I want them to play, it is also clear to see.

The tick-boxes have gone, along with the sliders. Now you select playmakers via their roles, e.g. deep-lying playmaker, advanced playmaker. Counter-attack is a team strategy, so having that AND a tick-box option last year was a bit superfluous.

So if i want a xavi type midfielder to playmake i'd need to set him as deep lying?

There will be no database update until post the January transfer window as we have already stated many times on these forums. Thanks.

Ok but will you at least fix Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez because their stats are nothing close to how good they are in the real world. In fact it don't even seem you updated Sturridge or Suarez since 13, Also I won't even go into how over powered you made Manchester United even though they are poor this season.

Ok but will you at least fix Daniel Sturridge and Luis Suarez because their stats are nothing close to how good they are in the real world. In fact it don't even seem you updated Sturridge or Suarez since 13, Also I won't even go into how over powered you made Manchester United even though they are poor this season.

This is your opinion, and you can always make the changes you think are right in the editor.

The Man Utd squad is, with 2 exceptions, the one that won the Premier League, and the game begins in pre-season - why should their attributes drop? That's a rhetorical question - let's not deflect the thread. As I wrote, the editor is your friend.

This is your opinion, and you can always make the changes you think are right in the editor.

The Man Utd squad is, with 2 exceptions, the one that won the Premier League, and the game begins in pre-season - why should their attributes drop? That's a rhetorical question - let's not deflect the thread. As I wrote, the editor is your friend.

First off it isn't my opinion about Suarez and Sturridge its fact, Sturridge is top goal scorer and Suarez has been one of most consistent strikers in prem in last 2 seasons yet his stats are a lot worse then Rooneys. Also I don't see any editor to use, also why should it be my job to edit something that should be in the game anyways. This is meant to be a football sim, but it don't seem like to me at all.

No database update till january transfer window shuts or can't you read if you have a problem with players stats go and log it with evidence in the Liverpool database forum the stats are based off last season editor will be available to download on release day 31st

First off it isn't my opinion about Suarez and Sturridge its fact, Sturridge is top goal scorer and Suarez has been one of most consistent strikers in prem in last 2 seasons yet his stats are a lot worse then Rooneys. Also I don't see any editor to use, also why should it be my job to edit something that should be in the game anyways. This is meant to be a football sim, but it don't seem like to me at all.

The researchers always recommend that you see how they perform in-game first and not just look at their attributes in isolation.

If you're still unhappy, raise it in the Liverpool thread in the Data Issues forum. Word of warning though: You'll need evidence of why an attribute needs changing. Just saying "he's been the most consistent" isn't going to be enough.

After the update just had a game crash right after a 1-1 draw with Man U after Conceding 12 in 3 as palace. frustrating is an understatement!

Seemed to occur when trying to 'browse' while the game was processing to the next day. Cant seem to find the crash dump, been a while since ive had to look for one.

Just dropping in to confirm what others are saying about really high number of long shots in games even with the shoot less often and work ball into box instructions selected.

I reported the issue for the 14.0.3 patch with PKMs and the issue still exists and in fact it is worse.

Results after 10 matches in the 14.1.1 patch, 5 having been watched in full, playing with PAOK. Good teams Vs Weak AI teams which is the rule of thumb for me in the Greek superleague produces an average of 20-25 shots per game for my side with the highest being 45(!!!) shots for my side alone. Of those 9-10 on target.

I spent a lot of time watching 5 full matches for my team and I noticed that all long shots outside the box not only are they horribly wide but also taken as a first option despite the fact the ball could have been passed to the wings for a cross or through the middle inside the box.

It seems that in the 3D match engine attackers seem much further from the defender but they react as if the defenders are on top of them, which makes for a very bizzare match. I only noticed this after I watched the full match. They would stop dribbling even when the defender seems 10m away from them and opt for a pass when close to the midfield and if outside the box they will shoot no matter what.

Unfortunately I have accidentally overwritten the save with a new one so I can't provide PKMs. I will try to reproduce it.

I have the utmost faith in SI, but I don't see this being solved anytime soon as it has carried over from FM13 and exacerbated. In all honesty though this is way too problematic for me and I'll prolly shelve the game until issues are addressed. I don't want to play 2 seasons again and then abandon the game in frustration like last year.

Because it doesn't exist in real life anymore. The FA rebranded the reserves leagues as an Under 21s Development League. SI have simply been true to real life, it's that simple.

No, the Premier League has gone to U21s, the other 6 playable leagues have not IRL. SI have moved to real life for 1 out of 7 divisions, and away from real life for 6 out of 7 divisions.

By that token they should be harming your full backs like crazy too.

At least one of my fullbacks has been fined for poor performance every single league game so far. Probably a bit harsh on my behalf given it's a bug but there's only so many 5.1 ratings a man can take.

Well first of all it's just a waste of time, second of all it's just unrealistic and finally it's not true that after the initial approach the figures increase significantly: I got an offere of 750k for a player worth 10 millions, when I asked for 8 they offered me 120k plus 37k in 12 months.

No way I'm gonna play like this.

I startet a game with Swansea. Ashley Williams is valued £4.3m. Arsenal came in with a bid of 475k after 1 week. I rejected and didnt here from them again. In the last week of transer Fulham bid 425k.

And it was in the demo

On a more positive note it seems to me that player ratings aren't broken. Mistakes are duly punished. Player ratings seem to actually be related to the strength of opposition and effort during the match.

On tactics/ME side most of my goals seem to come the way I want them to except maybe slightly too many from crosses. Player and passing movement (not including the confusion and colliding with eachother) seems much improved from last year.

I'm not sure I like how the staff were fixed so you can't really hire someone to do a different job than they want but I guess its the way its been in the past.

On a lighter note about the transfers bug I managed to 'game' (read: cheat) myself a very good QPR save that I can play for fun now when I want.

Archived