Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

Having played much since the recent update, but this thread doesn't sound too great.

Sorry if it's already been asked, is there going to be a release day patch ? What's the transfer bug ? Is it something that happens with every transfer ?

Having played much since the recent update, but this thread doesn't sound too great.

Sorry if it's already been asked, is there going to be a release day patch ? What's the transfer bug ? Is it something that happens with every transfer ?

I would say there is a 99.9% chance of a release day patch.

The transfer bug? I can only speak from what I see, if you are meaning the bids coming in being low, well very low then hopefully that will also be fixed, clubs are only offering some 5% of the asking price.

First beta had the best goal results of the 3 ME. I was getting Inside Forwards to actually score, some good movement. CR for Madrid was actually doing what he does IRL.

Now goals in the past few games have come from corners (short corner guy walks in and shoots and someone taps in rebound). All CCC are shot wide or saved. There is no build up play anymore everything is disjointed. Shots are taken oddly and most of the time got way too wide or blocked. I want the beautiful game back from the first ME even if flawed.

I would say there is a 99.9% chance of a release day patch.

I don't think anyone is in any sort of position to start throwing wild assumptions like this about.

First beta had the best goal results of the 3 ME. I was getting Inside Forwards to actually score, some good movement. CR for Madrid was actually doing what he does IRL.

Now goals in the past few games have come from corners (short corner guy walks in and shoots and someone taps in rebound). All CCC are shot wide or saved. There is no build up play anymore everything is disjointed. Shots are taken oddly and most of the time got way too wide or blocked. I want the beautiful game back from the first ME even if flawed.

I hear that, the only problem I had with the first beta was too many goals, if we could get that release with fewer goals then we have a winner, maybe easier said than done.

It is still beta though and seeing them giving more long shots, too many, and lowering the fullbacks ratings/ability I am sure they are just testing things out and will hopefully have a good balance come release day.

The world doesn't end on Thursday, if it still needs attention after then it'll get it, that's what makes SI different.

The world doesn't end, but it'd be pretty poor if such a major issue (the transfer bug) hasn't been solved. It is killing the games.

You know that saying... "can't please everyone all of the time" ..

Imagine if you were trying to please to what amounts as a small country with a product that's almost at an operating system complexity in it's coding...

And you'll start to get why it's a steady and slow process to get to the always solid game that SI bring out year on year.

When one thing is changed, it will effect innumerous other things and it all needs to be balanced.

Patience with the process is always the way to go...

We don't have patches anymore, do keep up :p there'll be updates as and when.

I imagine the big issues will be patched a couple of days after release date at the latest, or another wave of complaints about the same things will happen.

The transfer bug seems to be some kind of conversion problem, every transfer offer either sent or received is FAR lower than the original (i.e You offer 600k for a player, his club reject your offer as it's registered as 42k. Happens when selling players too).

I don't think anyone is in any sort of position to start throwing wild assumptions like this about.

I like your sarcasm ;)

Since the last update, we play football manager 2013...

It takes only a moment (update), that all the good work, gone away...

I'm very dissapointed

You know that saying... "can't please everyone all of the time" ..

Imagine if you were trying to please to what amounts as a small country with a product that's almost at an operating system complexity in it's coding...

And you'll start to get why it's a steady and slow process to get to the always solid game that SI bring out year on year.

When one thing is changed, it will effect innumerous other things and it all needs to be balanced.

Patience with the process is always the way to go...

That hyperbole , haha.

I'll be happy as long as this transfer bug is fixed, the ME isn't terrible by any stretch.

It must be near to release, the mods are triple teaming us. :)

We're bored you're all pussy cats this year :D

I like your sarcasm ;)

No sarcasm.

It would be wrong to assume that there will be a release day patch.

All you can assume is that SI are working round the clock to address issues which persist in the Beta.

Slight exaggeration at worst :brock:

I think the size of the feedback threads this year is evidence the game is in better state than normal , that and I haven't had an infraction yet.

Side note - When does the Steam Workshop go up ?

Tbh I wish I could sign you guys up for my team, I mean you guys must have a tackling of 21 and positioning of 21 and lets not forget a reaching of 22. :)

Daylight Daylight sign them up, Daylight sign them up.

:D

No sarcasm.

It would be wrong to assume that there will be a release day patch.

All you can assume is that SI are working round the clock to address issues which persist in the Beta.

Dude, really?

Dude?

Bug reports minus frustrated players who lost matches since the last update = real issues.

The same every year.

First beta was better than 14.1.1 . Transfer system is so ruined in this patch. I can't even sell even buy any player. If I want to buy any rotation player they ask me really high values and when I want to sell my GOOD rotation player like Hamit Altıntop to 500.000 € noone gives a bid. I had this situation in other teams too. Before the patch I could sell Hamit 3-4 M € and Manuel Fernandes for 10 M € but with this patch I can sell ManuFernandes for 1 M€ ? This isn't logic. It's lıke a joke.

Please do an upgrade not a downgrade.

Since the last update, we play football manager 2013...

It takes only a moment (update), that all the good work, gone away...

I'm very dissapointed

I'm wondering how you can moan about the released game when its not yet released. If you played FM2013 then you will probably remember that some fine tuning / issues not fixed before final release arrive as updates later.

I've not yet seen microsoft release anything that hasn't required an update of some kind and they have bigger resources.

However you can be sure that the key issues that are being highlighted, and of course that should be reported in the bugs forum, will get looked at. The positive way to go about this is to log the issues giving examples / pkms / saved files etc to help get them fixed.

They were clearly afraid of the newest addition to the modding team :D

On a serious note though, a lot of the feedback has been excellent, especially over things that are not working (that is when feedback becomes more important) :thup:

Tbh I wish I could sign you guys up for my team, I mean you guys must have a tackling of 21 and positioning of 21 and lets not forget a reaching of 22. :)

Daylight Daylight sign them up, Daylight sign them up.

Our hidden attributes are frightening :cool:

I must say you the punters have been good, both in general and in reporting back on important problems, last year was eye opening but I think we all learnt from that.

There'll always be the odd contretemp but out of this I believe we're going to get the best FM ever.

There is something wrong with transfer offers for me. This might be related to people getting super low offers for their players. I offer about 250k gbp or so for a player and the other team refuses my 35k offer. Somewhere there is a conversion or something going wrong. Another example of this is where I signed youth player but have to pay compensation. The compensation on the offer screen says 560k gbp but when I manage to sign the player it says I will pay 93k gbp over 3 years.

Either deleting the appdata folder or restarting fixed the transfer issue for me.

Instructions on deleting appdata folder http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

I can only say eggs/omelettes, painful sometimes but that's the way it works, and I bet I've conceded more from crosses than you :D

I don't think it's just eggs and omelettes... The goals I score are also quite weird, so the wins aren't as enjoyable as I always get the feeling that the result is just luck or coinscinence

I'd second that Kriss... much happier with the game in its current state than I was at this point in previous editions.

Our hidden attributes are frightening :cool:

I must say you the punters have been good, both in general and in reporting back on important problems, last year was eye opening but I think we all learnt from that.

There'll always be the odd contretemp but out of this I believe we're going to get the best FM ever.

I agree mate, has been much better on the forums this year, less aggravation from both sides, a real breath of fresh air.

I feel sorry for your ban hammer though, I am guessing you got it out a couple of times to wave in anger though, not seen it drop so much though. :)

I don't believe there were any ME changes in today's update.

#PlaceboEffect

Are you sure? Than it must be a huge coinscidence, because my quite fluid play has gone and almost all goals are scored from wingers running away or corners or long shots.

Why is FM taking up bandwidth in my single player game? This didn't happen in previous patches.

EDIT: it isn't constant but it comes and goes. Kinda sucks on a super low connection killing my bandwidth.

Dude, really?

Dude?

Herringbone is right, there will NOT be a release day patch...really. SI issue updates via Steam, not patches. No-one knows other than SI if an update will be available Thursday. In fact since the first CM came out on the Amiga I cannot ever remember a fix patch or update being released on a Thursday ;)

Your club does have quite specific expectations for each comp, e.g. reach the 3rd round of the Libertadores but the league is the be all and end all in Brazil (the Copa is Milk Cuppish down that way :D) so poor league results will get you booted indeed.

Hey Kriss, not sure if you were trying to be sarcastic in your post but the Libertadores is the biggest competition in the Americas. Bigger than any single national league competition including the Brazilian Serie A.

Any manager who just won the Libertadores would have tremendous credit with his club and certainly wouldn't be sacked only a couple of weeks later just for underperforming in the league.

I think this is something worth looking at. It could be happening in other leagues as well...for example a club wins the Champions League but then sacks the manager because they are in a mid-table position in the Premier League. Would never happen.

Again, worth taking a look at before Thursday...or perhaps for the next patch.

I'm wondering how you can moan about the released game when its not yet released. If you played FM2013 then you will probably remember that some fine tuning / issues not fixed before final release arrive as updates later.

I've not yet seen microsoft release anything that hasn't required an update of some kind and they have bigger resources.

However you can be sure that the key issues that are being highlighted, and of course that should be reported in the bugs forum, will get looked at. The positive way to go about this is to log the issues giving examples / pkms / saved files etc to help get them fixed.

I agree with you... But from my point of view, it's frustrating that due to an update a successful tactics stops working, when you are getting in the decisive phase of the season. And it's in a way a compliment to SI, because they made a game where so many of us are really engaged in trying to sort it out.

Are you sure? Than it must be a huge coinscidence, because my quite fluid play has gone and almost all goals are scored from wingers running away or corners or long shots.

If I owned a hat, I'd hang it upon my certainty that there was no ME update.

Herringbone is right, there will NOT be a release day patch...really. SI issue updates via Steam, not patches. No-one knows other than SI if an update will be available Thursday. In fact since the first CM came out on the Amiga I cannot ever remember a fix patch or update being released on a Thursday ;)

Meh, potato patato.

If anything gets updated on Steam it is a patch, it is called an update these days but it is still a patch.

I can remember every single FM since it had been on Steam receiving a release day/pre release day patch on Steam, why should this edition be any different?

Meh, potato patato.

If anything gets updated on Steam it is a patch, it is called an update these days but it is still a patch.

I can remember every single FM since it had been on Steam receiving a release day/pre release day patch on Steam, why should this edition be any different?

Haven't you already had a pre-release day potato?

I think this is something worth looking at. It could be happening in other leagues as well...for example a club wins the Champions League but then sacks the manager because they are in a mid-table position in the Premier League. Would never happen.

Old news:

JUPP HEYNCKES, Real Madrid's coach, was dismissed yesterday - eight days after he led the team to their record seventh European Cup victory and their first in 32 years.

Real's president, Lorenzo Sanz, said: "If we had not won the European Cup, this would have been one of the worst seasons in recent years." Real finished fourth in Spain's Primera Division.

That's enough now thanks.... isn't the place to argue over semantics or speculate over release day updates... fact is.. no-one knows... back to the feedback

I'm hoping that any frustration and disappointment will only be shortlived

Haven't you already had a pre-release day potato?

If you would like a wager if we will get a patch/update/added code before or on Thursday I will take that bet.

If you would like a wager if we will get a patch/update/added code before or on Thursday I will take that bet.

I'll draw your attention to this:

That's enough now thanks.... isn't the place to argue over semantics or speculate over release day updates... fact is.. no-one knows... back to the feedback

I'll draw your attention to this:

And you to this..

It must be near to release, the mods are triple teaming us. :)

With the new patch my players look like they have been in a dirty protest, every game they are covered in mud. anyone else getting this?

Just cannot bring myself to send grown men to the under 21 games..:( bring back the reserves.

Even with shots set to less often and retain possession and work into box, pointless long shots from 35 yards out are rife. So unintelligent. two v one breakaway, or evading the last man, let's shoot from 30 yards out.... smh. Playing with Barca.

Even with shots set to less often and retain possession and work into box, pointless long shots from 35 yards out are rife. So unintelligent. two v one breakaway, or evading the last man, let's shoot from 30 yards out.... smh. Playing with Barca.

Log specific examples with .pkms in the Match Engine bugs sections. Sounds like you have multiple examples.

Every example helps to make the game better.