Football Manager 2014 Beta Update and Demo FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering if this issue has been logged?

An attacking player is in the opposition box, he is either left or right of the goal and for some reason it seems he has all the time in the world, he very slowly makes his way over with no defender putting pressure on him and when the defenders finally wake up it is too late as he has pulled the trigger and has scored what seems to be a very very easy goal.

Is quite annoying to see, regardless if it is for or against me.

witnessed the same daylight, i couldn't believe what i just saw... i was like get him... stop him... but nothing happened... weird stuff!!!

Would be worth raising in the match engine bugs forums.

Done.

Will see if it has been logged, it happens a few times so I am guessing they have it, if not I will upload some FTPs if needed.

Or indeed a photo of the look on my face when the opposition scores 1 like that against me, whichever helps the most. :)

Ive played all the fm's apart from 2013 just tried fm 2014 demo everything looks great apart from when im in a match I like to look at player ratings then let it switch to the match but this no longer happens, I know you can have a widget on the match screen but I feel this gets in the way is there any way to get it back to the fm2012 way of switching automatically ?

^^

I posted this:

Bearing in mind I never played FM2013 in any way so everything that happened last year and this year is hitting me all at once, what the hell is going on with the match screen? The UI as a whole is (just in my opinion, of course) inferior to FM2012 but I'll get used to most of it, there's just one thing that's bugging the hell out of me which is the way replays are displayed. If you watch any highlights it won't have affected you but I watch in only commentary mode (usually viewing the analysis screen) with the game replaying any goals that occur, which was fine on FM2012 as the game would transport me to the pitch view so I could watch the replay and then take me back to the screen I was viewing but now the replays display behind what I'm viewing which means I can't see them very well and by the time I've navigated back to the pitch view I've nearly missed the damn goal. Why doesn't what you're viewing just get out of the way when a highlight/replay comes on? I sort of get it, actually, what I really mean is why don't I have the option to choose whether or not to keep looking at the info or have the pitch view come up? Or is there a way to do this that I have overlooked?

earlier and it was moved into this thread so may have been missed. Does anyone have an info on this?

Hi Neil,

Miles JAcobson just told me to bring this to your attention on Facebook,

I am playing the full game at the minute having received it today in the post, i have found 1 bug, whenever i offered for anyplayer, e.g. i offered 4.5 million for Craig Dawson, this then came back as 'Bid Rejected: Southamptons bid of 325k was rejected by West Brom' this happened with every player i tried to sign, so wasnt able to sign anybody.

Has this issue been raised about the full game by anybody else??

MArc

Hi Neil,

I am playing the full game at the minute having received it today in the post, i have found 1 bug, whenever i offered for anyplayer, e.g. i offered 4.5 million for Craig Dawson, this then came back as 'Bid Rejected: Southamptons bid of 325k was rejected by West Brom' this happened with every player i tried to sign, so wasnt able to sign anybody.

MArc

I'm pretty sure its a known issue, its been happening to me too.

Hi Neil,

MArc

If you look in the bugs forum there is a fix for this now. I had the same problem but have fixed it now

If you ordered via Steam it will update automatically.

If you had a 'full code' via a digital partner, that will update automatically (the retailer will normally make this clear when it was sold to you).

Selective quoting, eh?

''If you've got a second code, enter it and the game should 'update' when the game is fully released. ''

Selective quoting, eh?

''If you've got a second code, enter it and the game should 'update' when the game is fully released. ''

not selective..you've said u need second key because first one its for beta...wrong...

just some keys are only for beta...

where is official statement for that?

as i can see 90% of us have just 1 key...

they said its same like last year..and last year game just updated itself at midnight

From the other thread:

If you've got a second code, enter it and the game should 'update' when the game is fully released.

If you ordered via Steam it will update automatically.

If you had a 'full code' via a digital partner, that will update automatically (the retailer will normally make this clear when it was sold to you).

If you've got a boxed copy, you need to enter the code from the back of the manual.

Hope that helps.

not selective..you've said u need second key because first one its for beta...wrong...

just some keys are only for beta...

Well, what I've said is correct. I've got the first key for Beta last Friday from Green Man Gaming, and today I've received another code which is for full version.

It's actually quite a clever marketing ploy for SI to remove defending from the final beta update, as it means once they re-introduce aspects of it back into the game with their first update, it will make players seem like a Beckenbauer/Stam/Maldini cross.

Kind of like the genius of "New Coke".

It's actually quite a clever marketing ploy for SI to remove defending from the final beta update, as it means once they re-introduce aspects of it back into the game with their first update, it will make players seem like a Beckenbauer/Stam/Maldini cross.

Kind of like the genius of "New Coke".

Erm yeah, that ermm sounds about right, so anyway...

So many moderators, so many SI employees around here and it's impressive that no one has the decency to reply to the translation issues that have been reported

Yeah, so many of them, something must be going on tonight. :S Might be a patch being released!

So many moderators, so many SI employees around here and it's impressive that no one has the decency to reply to the translation issues that have been reported

Anything posted in the bug forums will be seen/looked at, but you can't expect every single thread to be answered personally by an SI member.. particularly at this time of night.

Hi, I've randomly had a bug? in my game where every single player in the game played in the Algeria league in the season as shown in the screenshot. All league history for teams are gone yet everything else is the same. It's potentially game breaking for me and I'm on a good run of two consecutive league wins with Zenit however the first one doesn't apparently count when it comes to the team's history etc. It's really hard to explain yet it comes up in my manager history. http://imgur.com/SmnxHWT,NIYwpk9

No, I can expect that someone could answered at any time... any answer!!!

Well considering I have no idea what post you are on about as you haven't linked it... it's hard to give you an answer other than be patient and remember that the mods and even more so the SI team are ridiculously busy and can't answer every query posted everywhere and to expect so is ludicrous.

• SI Staff
Agree with you, its horrible. But Paul says its realistic in his opinion (lol), so they wont change much.

Actually no, I presented you with facts, as a reference point for stats from over 1000 matches in ME1426.

Hopefully it will be curtailed a bit in later updates. For example, most games I have 20 shots, with 10 ish on target whereas Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd etc have an average of 14-15 a game with 4-6 on target. Not a big difference, I think the biggest deal is the erratic long shots that increases this. Cheers.

• Administrators
Hi, I've randomly had a bug? in my game where every single player in the game played in the Algeria league in the season as shown in the screenshot. All league history for teams are gone yet everything else is the same. It's potentially game breaking for me and I'm on a good run of two consecutive league wins with Zenit however the first one doesn't apparently count when it comes to the team's history etc. It's really hard to explain yet it comes up in my manager history. http://imgur.com/SmnxHWT,NIYwpk9

Has your anti virus software been scanning whilst FM is open (and scanning FM directories)? If so, this may explain further:

http://www.footballmanager.com/manual/?game=38&locale=en_GB&id=623

Archived