FM 14 Demo

You can only have the beta if you order from certain retailers don't forget. I'll also add for the OP's benefit. There has been some news regarding the demo and that it'll be out sometime next week. I can't see them releasing it more than a week before due to the beta now being released two weeks before.

You can only have the beta if you order from certain retailers don't forget. I'll also add for the OP's benefit. There has been some news regarding the demo and that it'll be out sometime next week. I can't see them releasing it more than a week before due to the beta now being released two weeks before.

Sometime next week? The full game is going to be out in 3-4 days.

I can't see the incentive to put out a "limited length" demo for free while people who pre-bought the game are still playing the beta. If someone wants to "test drive" the game before purchase, let them wait until the game goes live (especially since through Steam the pre-buyers already have the locked game downloaded before launch day).

Got a friend in the US interested in the game - never played any version of the game before - suggested waiting for the demo instead of pre-ordering and playing the beta for the very reason that it may be too overwhelming for him so would be wasting his cash

99% of us have seen gradual changes from the basic game from the early 90s - hitting him with a very complex game may be too much and put him off

So it's a shame he can't have a look at the game before release day

Sometime next week? The full game is going to be out in 3-4 days.

Nobody forces you to purchase FM 14 on day 1, so just wait for the demo to be out and try it until you're completely satisfied with the game. And then decide whether buy it or not.

From Sega's point of view it must make marketing sense to hold back on the free demo in the hope more will take up the pre order offer, it's what I'd do.

Yeah that's undebatable.

But how many people do you think to pre-order the game from now since the official release will be out in few days? I tend to believe nobody, or a very small percentage of gamers, will pre-order the game these days because 1) the demo is going to be out soon 2) the official game will be out soon.

A more "accommodating" answer would be they are polishing the game, and so the demo itself considered as part of the official release, instead of getting it out with issues.

The point is SI used to release a Demo of the BETA so the community could help spot bugs etc, now they give us access to the full BETA to serve that purpose. Absolutey no reason to release a demo of an unfinished game. Either have a little faith and get the BETA or wait. Simple!

DEMO - A section of the game, taken from the final release version. By definition it cannot be released until the final release version is finished.

Given that the game is only really finished just a few days before the release, and is usually hit with a release day patch to actually get it to the standard that SI want it to be at upon launch, a demo really can't be release before that time.

Various games are different on release to the demo.

The gameplay in a full fifa game is always different on release to the demo for example.

They must fear in its current state it might turn people off or something as demos usually always come out before the actual game.

They must fear in its current state it might turn people off or something as demos usually always come out before the actual game.

When people start posting tripe like this it's time to close the thread :)

Archived