Sports Interactive Community
Babak G

2D Classic vs 3D Match Engine

How do you watch your games  

343 members have voted

1. 1. How do you watch your games

2D all the way despite the option to use 3D. The game functions better for me when I have to use a bit of imagination to picture precisely what the goal I just scored would look like in real life, as opposed to trying to use poor and often comical 3D animation to get a better picture of it. Also the scope for tactical observation that 2D provides is unrivaled. 

Just an all around better way to watch and as somebody that strongly believes this game should be as less graphically intensive as possible I struggle to see what 3D brings to the table of a football simulation. I'd also hazard a guess that its part of the reason why the release versions of the game have been getting worse and worse year by year in terms of match engine, because concentrating on getting 3D animation right  takes up more time than its worth and it never is with the final product and would still be equally redundant for me even if it was. 

Depends on how I feel. If my team is not doing so well, I tend to switch to 2D so I can see the whole pitch so I can try to figure out where the problems are. 

Otherwise I do prefer 3D as it looks better. 

I do prefer 2D but can't use it with the resolution I'm currently using as it's not aligned right (names and numbers are all over the place).  I prefer this resolution for the rest of the game however, so I'll put up with the 3D for now. 

On 03/11/2019 at 19:48, kevhamster said:

Depends on how I feel. If my team is not doing so well, I tend to switch to 2D so I can see the whole pitch so I can try to figure out where the problems are. 

Otherwise I do prefer 3D as it looks better. 

Thats the big advantage you can see the tactical play and the whole pitch on 2D.

2D

3D is still no good enough

The way the players slide is just wrong. Any PS2 Winning Eleven have bettter animations in my opinion