FM14 Unemployed

It's usually always Stockport, and they're terrible.

Stockport isn't terrible per se, They really qualify as bog standard regional quality. The problem is their Board has wildly unrealistic expectations (Brought on either by the fact that they were much higher a few seasons ago, or because they are mistakenly set to "Professional" when they should be Semi-Pro since they went part time. The latter is known to be an error by the DB people, so it will be fixed at least) about what can be accomplished with the squad they have. Im upper mid table and still facing the sack because they DEMAND I be contending for the title. Nevermind we're only 13 games into the season, and bouncing between 7th and 9th place, the fact that I am not single handedly destroying the Skrill North with the scraps of a possibly once great club infuriates The Board.

If they had the board of any other club in the Skrill Regional, they'd be a fair simpler task of playing, because you could go into a rebuilding phase, and then most likley crush the Skrill North in the 14/15 season.

Stockport isn't terrible per se, They really qualify as bog standard regional quality. The problem is their Board has wildly unrealistic expectations (Brought on either by the fact that they were much higher a few seasons ago, or because they are mistakenly set to "Professional" when they should be Semi-Pro since they went part time. The latter is known to be an error by the DB people, so it will be fixed at least) about what can be accomplished with the squad they have. Im upper mid table and still facing the sack because they DEMAND I be contending for the title. Nevermind we're only 13 games into the season, and bouncing between 7th and 9th place, the fact that I am not single handedly destroying the Skrill North with the scraps of a possibly once great club infuriates The Board.

If they had the board of any other club in the Skrill Regional, they'd be a fair simpler task of playing, because you could go into a rebuilding phase, and then most likley crush the Skrill North in the 14/15 season.

I too got with Stockport and totally agree with you - the inability to sign non-contract players makes this save even harder. I wanted to carry my save into full release but am not due to the database error, which if isn't corrected I will correct through the editor so the save is at least realistic and even if they want a title challenge it makes it a little bit easier.

The reason I asked if anyone had got Coventry job is that Im sure the club comes up in a while so unemployed managers could apply and I think some ppl on the site got it when unemployed

I failed the Stockport interview when I demanded they upgraded the youth facilities! Ended up at Afan Lido, and had a great first couple of years building the club into a Welsh force. TNS are bloody hard to beat, but I did it :)I doubt a career with Stockport would have been half as fulfilling.

I'm now at Gainbourough during the last 8 games of the season after a spell of unemployment from being sacked by Stockport. Stockport is in the top relegation slot, while Gain is dead last, but only 8 points in the hole from last non-relegation slot. Hoping to be able to turn them around, especially as I managed to get a Parent Club deal with a SkyBet League 1 team, so next year should have some very good loan players compared to the normal fare for my level.

If Gain winds up clearing Relegation, but Stock doesn't, I'm going to be so happy. ******** fired me while they were in 9th, and now they're dumped out of the league. BET YOU WISH YOU DIDN'T SACK ME NOW! HUH STOCKPORT!

Archived