Being successful and you still can't get a job?

RKM

Hi

I won the SPL & League cup with Inverness Caledonian Thistle in my first season then I resigned because I wanted to manage a team in a different country. I applied for various jobs around the world and I've still not got a job even after winning two trophies in my 1st season in management.

Surely winning the SPL with anyone but Celtic must make you a wanted manager?

Neil Lennon gets sacked, I apply for the job and they give the job to Nigel Clough :confused:

Why is it so difficult to get another job even after being successful?

Your reputation won't be high enough for most jobs that you've applied for most probably (Where did you apply?). Winning two trophies doesn't raise it immediately. You have to be consistently successful or be able to guide a club to above where they should be for your rep to increase. If you had stayed another year and won the league again then I bet you'd attract interest from Celtic or Rangers. They most likely won't approach you after one season as it is just that - one season. It could be a flash in the pan thing ala Blackburn.

Your reputation won't be high enough for most jobs that you've applied for most probably (Where did you apply?). Winning two trophies doesn't raise it immediately. You have to be consistently successful or be able to guide a club to above where they should be for your rep to increase. If you had stayed another year and won the league again then I bet you'd attract interest from Celtic or Rangers. They most likely won't approach you after one season as it is just that - one season. It could be a flash in the pan thing ala Blackburn.

Pretty much this.

Also, if you are on a multi-year contract, other teams may be scared off by the compensation they would have to pay, although if this was your first year in the SPL, that's likely not a big factor. When Arsenal came calling for me after I had just signed a 5-year contract, they had to pay my old team over $3 million in compensation.

tbf a lot of clubs might be worried to hire someone who will come in for a year and then just resign. I'm not sure if FM accounts for this, but most clubs like to think they're hiring a long term manager.

You had a very good season but it could of been a flash in the pan...the way owners could see it is you bottled it knowing you couldnt repeat it. You didnt have the ambition to compete in europe and you have little loyalty.

Again not saying the game factors all this, but if you want to put a realistic spin on it.

Archived