Realistic things that you've never seen in your game.

I thought it might interesting to ask people what things happen in real life football that they've never seen in their game. I imagine there's probably heaps, seeing as SI can't incorporate absolutely everything. So, if possible, let's try and keep it to things that you might expect to be in the game, but that you've never witnessed.

In my game, now three-and-a-half in-game seasons old, I've never once seen one of my goalkeepers get booked, sent-off, or injured in a match. Or any of the goalkeepers I've come against.

I'm not sure overhead kicks ever go in.

I've scored a fair few. Strangley though, they seem to happen when the ball is coming towards the goal from around the midfield that they're turned in with an overhead kick, as apposed to from a cross from the wing.

Have seen keepers sent off, but I'd like to see them getting sent off for handling the ball outside the area. Also never seen a game postponed due to weather (would give a reason for stadiums to have a roof).

Gio Dos Santos, Ben Arfa or Nasri leave thier clubs for under £ 20 million which they all did this summer.

I did see Ben Arfa leave Lyon for Villarreal for £19m on mine. That's just under.

Pitch invasions aren't such a bad shout Mike, wouldn't be that hard to implement, all that would be needed is for a load of blobs in various colours (although mainly the team who are going up etc) and some orange blobs to represent some stewards frantically trying to get opposition players off the pitch. Would be a nice cosmetic feature if you ask me.

Did you even read my opening post?
Pitch invasions aren't such a bad shout Mike, wouldn't be that hard to implement, all that would be needed is for a load of blobs in various colours (although mainly the team who are going up etc) and some orange blobs to represent some stewards frantically trying to get opposition players off the pitch. Would be a nice cosmetic feature if you ask me.

and some riot police on horses please for the real deal

Never seen keepers/players booked for time wasting

A realistic thing to see would be less players try overhead kicks, even at creative freedom of 1 i still have centre backs trying overhead kicks!!

does anyone else think goal celebrations need sprucing up a bit? all i ever see is the goal scorer run over into a hudle of the other dots. they never put thier shirts over thier dot-heads or run and jump into the dot-crowd. i've never seen any dot-acrobatics either, not so much as a rollie-polly, even when robbie keane scores...

does anyone else think goal celebrations need sprucing up a bit? all i ever see is the goal scorer run over into a hudle of the other dots. they never put thier shirts over thier dot-heads or run and jump into the dot-crowd. i've never seen any dot-acrobatics either, not so much as a rollie-polly, even when robbie keane scores...

I've never had a player booked for an over excited goal celebration!

never been able to politely tell a 34 year Gerrard that he has been a great servant but I dont think he is fantastic anymore and as such this will be his last game for the club and he should enjoy the day.

Or even give one of your faithful servants a memorial match. They always often seem to retire in so much anonimity. And that hurts, sniff sniff

never been able to politely tell a 34 year Gerrard that he has been a great servant but I dont think he is fantastic anymore and as such this will be his last game for the club and he should enjoy the day.

Or even give one of your faithful servants a memorial match. They always often seem to retire in so much anonimity. And that hurts, sniff sniff

I've alluded to this before. It was a 35 year old Paul Scholes' last ever match for my Man. United team. And the only one who knew it was me. What's more, he scored. And the only one getting emotional about it was me. :(

i've never seen a player get a ripped shirt, bleed, cry because he missed a crucial penalty in the ecc, have a massive bust up with another player, run to the manager's arms when he scores, etc

actually, would it be so hard to add a manager dot than comes to the touchline / runs around a bit when you score?

I've never seen my striker get the ball in a perfectly good shooting position, then manage to wait on the spot until he's fully marked, do a little shimmy onto his wrong foot and hit a shot at the corner flag before claiming he felt he was tugged by Jones and should have had a penalty.

Oh wait, hang on, that happens every f*cking game.

I've never seen my striker get the ball in a perfectly good shooting position, then manage to wait on the spot until he's fully marked, do a little shimmy onto his wrong foot and hit a shot at the corner flag before claiming he felt he was tugged by Jones and should have had a penalty.

Oh wait, hang on, that happens every f*cking game.

I must've said this a million times now on here. No one likes exaggeration. ;)

Archived