FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

Someone told me that there is still a problem with club rosters of non-active leagues.

Please, anyone who's playing the beta, make this test: go on holiday 7 years and check rosters of big clubs of non-active leagues, like Barcelona, Real Madrid etc.

If you see only 13-14 players, then there is again a issue related to rosters of cpu clubs. I don't care if it occurs in clubs of 2nd division, but clubs who play Champions League and Europa League should have at least 18 players on first squad and 6-7 players between reserve and youth squad.

In FM13, this is what happens, few players, one goalkeeper, roles uncovered.

http://imageshack.us/f/819/futbolclubbarcelonarosa.png/

There wasn't this issue in older FMs like FM11.

http://imageshack.us/f/819/futbolclubbarcelonarosa.png/

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How varied are the tactics the AI managers use? Is one manager's 4-4-2 the same as another? My scouts keep reporting that most assists are coming from the left wing... for every team I come up against!

It seems that the player ratings are skewed as well. Is this a known issue?

2z7h0s6.png

That's 19 of the top 20 highest rated players are defenders.

And a lot of them are left backs too. What is the cross completion rate for them? I know it is quite bad for wingers, but my feeling is that it is too good for fullbacks.

I think the problem is that too many CCC's are being created in the first place, so the ME compensates by massively reducing the conversion rate of strikers. If the CCC excess can be solved (more difficult I suspect) then I'd have thought the conversion rate can more easily be tweaked.

Match Engine doesn't work like that. It would be separate issues (too many chances labelled as CCC/too many CCC - if latter then would look at the defending), and then low shot accuracy (would have to look at how, when, where, shots are being taking, perhaps look at the physics and coding)

I can't seem to sign any players on loan suddenly? I'm on the last day of the January transfer window in my 2nd season and when I select players on the loan list, the only option in the drop down menu I have is a transfer! I've only signed 3 players on loan (I'm Peterborough in the Championship) and none from the clubs of the players I'm after?? I'm not under a transfer embargo either :(

So no one else come across this?

So no one else come across this?
My guess is you've left it too late.

Yeah, the loan option on the dropdown list disappears outside of transfer windows, so either a bug in shutting the option too early or there's a cut off for loans you got too close to passing? Otherwise, I don't know

A quality of life fix if you guys ever get a chance.

For corner tactics I was hoping that there could be an option for "taker" and that if that person takes the corner than all is good but if someone else does then the person in the 'taker' spot swaps duties with whomever is actually taking the corner.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but where is the option to have your tactics change strategy based on how your team is doing throughout the match? I'm sure I saw screenshots which showed you could say, start as standard, then if the scores are level after 15 minutes, change to attacking etc.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but where is the option to have your tactics change strategy based on how your team is doing throughout the match? I'm sure I saw screenshots which showed you could say, start as standard, then if the scores are level after 15 minutes, change to attacking etc.

I think thats the game strategies from FMC. Dont think you can do that in normal mode.

Ok I've found a problem with the transfer module. I've had a very successful season with Celtic and my players value is considered to be in the £3-4m bracket. they have generated a lot of interest from clubs but, even though these teams are the ones to approach me they are refusing to pay a penny above the overall value of the player and often there are insulting offers as much as half the players value.

Anyone else having this problem?

Finding that morale/ team talks are a bit overpowered and vary too wildly from one extreme to the other, very little middle ground with regard to the in game consequences of them, one dodgy result and the players crash in form and morale, one good and vice versa. For example I was 10 unbeaten then had a dodgy performance and I'm now one win in eight games since that managing as Utd. I'm also having the Stoke syndrome, xmas first season and they're joint top with Swansea & Liverpool. As has been mentioned and logged defensive ratings are overpowered, defending has improved since the mini update but players still just standing there 2 yards from the ball and letting a player run 20+ yards to get the ball before them and straight through on goal and defensive lines being far too high and going awol. Also woodwork being hit an inordinate amount of time and CCC at a premium for all teams, AI and myself compared to total shots being 20/ 25/ 30+ per game for both teams.

Danny Welbeck has 11 in 13 games so the game is definitely broken

:D

Joking aside, few little niggly things that will hopefully get sorted, nowhere near as bad a launch as last year and previous years where the game was pretty much unplayable until the 14 mini patches were released around xmas and the Jan transfer update patch.

Quick question with regard to LLM and signing on fees/ agent fees now coming out of your transfer budget as I won't be starting my career LLM until the full games out, is the signing on fees/ agent fees thing affecting anyones ability to attract/ sign players? Seems to me like that with them coming out of your budget now and that in LLM you generally have no transfer funds you won't be able to sign any freebies that are looking for a loyalty bonus/ agent fee?

I've been trying to buy a player with agent ownership, the agent owns 5% and the information says that the agent wan't 450k for the 5%.

I made an offer to the club and everything was accepted along with contract. but there's no options on the agent page or player page to make an offer to the agent to buy out the 3rd party ownership.

can anyone offer help on this or is it a bug?

If all goes to plan, the demo of #FM14 & an updated beta (lots of bug fixes/new match engine version) will be released on Monday evening GMT. Note - there is not a firm time set. They'll be released when ready & follow @footballmanager as I might not be able to tweet immediately

Got this ^^^^ from Miles Twitter's account at @milesSI

Is it still possible to comment on the next/previous manager? I cant find it anywhere. Also I cant find out how to comment on an opponent pre match e.g. To single out as a weak link

Only in Press Conferences now. You can't specifically target anyone unless it comes up in a PC.

If all goes to plan, the demo of #FM14 & an updated beta (lots of bug fixes/new match engine version) will be released on Monday evening GMT. Note - there is not a firm time set. They'll be released when ready & follow @footballmanager as I might not be able to tweet immediately

Got this ^^^^ from Miles Twitter's account at @mileSI

Weird, I follow Miles but that tweet doesnt show up for me. Anyway good news about the update and the Demo :)

Got this ^^^^ from Miles Twitter's account at @milesSI

I hope it improves a lot, can't bring myself to launch the game at the moment.

No it's not true, wish people wouldn't making such obviously wrong statements.

Kriss - the player instructions that are tweaked during the game are kept for the next game unless you go back to your preset for each player. This process would be quicker if the game automatically set it back to the pre-set instead of you having to do it as at the moment when you go to your tactics for the next match all the tweaks you made are there and you have to then load the pre-sets for each indiviudal player

After winning the league the game said I did the double. This confused me as I haven't played the FA Cup final yet and still in the semi's of the CL. I look and see it is thinking about the League Cup which was won buy Spurs and I was knocked out in the semi's.

With Stockport and apart from a couple at the beginning of the season - don't seem to be getting them anymore before or after a match - Is this the way its supposed to be?

How can you play mind games with other managers with no press conferences or put pressure on opposition players?

The game is definitly harder. I've tried Watford and Fulham so far, and I hardly score any goals. Right now I am trying to win with Fulham against Crystal Palace and they are dead last in the league. I hardly get a shot at their goal. My players just loses the ball to their players in the midfield. Nothing I do tactic-vise seems to make a difference. Never had this problem with FM13.

Edit: And if I somehow manage to score a goal, the opposite team scores two a little bit later.

wondering if anybody else is having the worst luck with penalties or is it just me? 14 awarded to me over a season and a half, 3 scored, and i have conceded 5 penalties in the same amount of time and all have been scored

The game is once more great, although several... er... ok, really a lot of bugs that you guys surely are reviewing. Still, there are some aspects that could take into account for the 31 October or a future patch update

a) we should be able to see default instructions according to the roles chosen and how these default instructions interact with team instructions;

b) we shouldn't be obligated to chose a different role because of a single instruction (example: not able to remove hold the ball from the DLP);

Quick question. Figured it would be pointless to make a thread about this. But when you have yourself on vacation just to fast forward through some things, do those match wins/loses count towards your record or someone else's? Where do I go to find my overall record as a manager?

wondering if anybody else is having the worst luck with penalties or is it just me? 14 awarded to me over a season and a half, 3 scored, and i have conceded 5 penalties in the same amount of time and all have been scored

Ive seen probably 20 or so penalties in a season and a half with dortmund and Ive not seen one missed yet. Must be you.

On a really picky note the arrows on the running man exit signs in the stands are pointing the wrong way. It should be a down arrow not right. Attention to detail SI, attention to detail haha :)

I'm not enjoying many of the player conversations so far, particularly when it comes to discussing concerns the players have. I feel like I can never win in any situation.

One of my players, Diogo Figueiras, recently came to me asking for a new contract that he felt he deserved. I refused, as he hadn't even played that many games. He asks why and wouldn't accept my reasoning that his current deal was sufficient, so I told him to drop it or be transfer listed. He ends up transfer listed.

Fast forward a week and he wants another chat... wanting to know why he was transfer listed.

I've just had a talk with Javi Varas, who wanted a new challenge. I told him we could match his ambitions by qualifying for the Champions League. He said that my words were "hollow" and that I shouldn't make promises I couldn't keep. At the time of the conversation, we were third in the table with eight games to go., so it's hardly a promise I can't keep.

Seems to be a lack of consistency here.

Archived