FM2014 Pre-Release Beta *UPDATE* Feedback thread

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone else having trouble seeing the news inbox colour codes properly? They are so narrow and right on the edge of the screen..

I do. They do become a bit more clear with a dark skin, but they should be more distinct.

Just a couple of issues that stand out for me.

Has there been a change in the graphics in the recent update? On the initial beta the graphics capability of my laptop was 5 stars and the 3d ran perfectly. Since the update it is a lot slower and not fluid at all. I've had amend the graphics detail because my graphics capability has decreased to 3 stars.

Also, there seems to be a discrepancy between the players condition on the team selection screen and on his profile. When selecting my team it would say his conditioning is 93%, but if I click on his profile then it says it's 98%. This was common on the majority of my players so I don't know which to trust. The conditioning always appeared higher on the player profile than the team selection screen.

I think players wanting to leave the club could do with being looked at.

I had Hennessey leave on a free after 2 Seasons of being back to back champions because he wanted to go to a bigger club, despite being a fairly loyal player who apparently didn't want to leave, and at this point I was around 10th in the list of biggest clubs in England. In reality, playing regular Premiership football would have convinced a lot of players to stick around, as would the rapid rise from L1 to PL in 2 Seasons. Left on a free, sat around for a few months doing nothing before being picked up by Sunderland on a fraction of the wages he was getting at Wolves, and they ended up getting relegated and his contract expired. Now hates my club and refuses to sign unless he's offered 90K a week, despite us managing to qualify for the EURO Cup.

Similarly I had another player go and leave for some "bigger" Russian club on a free, rather than stick around for European football and another season in the Prem.

There doesn't seem to be much logic in there for players to go "hey, we're doing really really well, I should stick around", even when the level of overachievement borders on ridiculous, and there have been huge boosts to the club's profile. L1 --> Championship --> Prem --> Continental Football in 3 seasons would have a lot of players jumping at the chance to play.

Is it normal for after two quadruples in a row, with the last season being undefeated that the contract renewal will come with a pay cut? Or is it just something unique about Roman Abramovich to not reward success properly?

My players can argue for a better contract based on performance.... why can't I?

I think it's been noted before but the defending is absolutely shocking. None of them seem to have a brain cell. They either stand around while attacked run past them or they run in the opposite direction. Despite this they still somehow manage to get very good ratings.

Also, since the update the referee always wears pink. I know that they sometimes do where these colours but surely not every match.

An issue I've noticed is me being advised to give certain players a new contract very frequently. I signed Pogba in January and was advised to give him a new contract in March. Ronaldo signed a new contract in February, yet I've been advised in April to give him another one. Why?

I have to say that pre-patch I thought the 3D ME was quite alright, the only problem I had was too many goals being scored.

Since the patch I am honestly cringing watching it, for the first time in years I am thinking of switching to the 2D, while watching the highlights I can not for the life of me see what if anything needs changing, sometimes players are running past the ball and letting the opposing side in, other players are running around like headless chickens, I have got defenders chasing the ball and they are favourite to win it but then just change course, I could go on.

It just baffles me to what I am supposed to learn from watching the 3D highlights, at times it is like watching an under 8s game where every player just runs to the ball, other times it is like a game of dodge ball where every player except one runs away from the ball.

To say I am confused would be an understatement.

I have to say that pre-patch I thought the 3D ME was quite alright, the only problem I had was too many goals being scored.

Since the patch I am honestly cringing watching it, for the first time in years I am thinking of switching to the 2D, while watching the highlights I can not for the life of me see what if anything needs changing, sometimes players are running past the ball and letting the opposing side in, other players are running around like headless chickens, I have got defenders chasing the ball and they are favourite to win it but then just change course, I could go on.

It just baffles me to what I am supposed to learn from watching the 3D highlights, at times it is like watching an under 8s game where every player just runs to the ball, other times it is like a game of dodge ball where every player except one runs away from the ball.

To say I am confused would be an understatement.

It's not the best, is it? Sometimes it doesn't look like you're watching a football match, or look natural in headers, kicks, interceptions etc and it's not felt like that for a while. Hopefully will be tidied up.

My impressions so far:

- about 80% of the goals conceded come from shots or headers about 2-3 meters from goal, many of them poached efforts from deflected shots, or the keeper losing the ball

- 90% of my results are 1-0, 1-1, 2-1; in the past two seasons I've had about 8 matches where I scored more than 2 goals, and none with an "exotic" result (i wouldn't count the one time 4-1 as very exotic)

- lesser players seem to be overly expensive, it's nearly impossible to buy promising youth players for lower prices - you almost have to pay as much as you would for an already accomplished player; plus it annoys me that the AI always puts all kinds of clauses in its counter-offer, when I want to pay in one sum

- the game is way too slow

- otherwise I like the game, especially the media tweaks and less emphasis on manager relations; but i'd like the private chat function to be available on right clicking on the player

Is it possible to have more variation of suspensions after a red card? bc it's always standard 1 match ban or a 3 match ban, no matter what the reason of the red card is.. it would be nicer to have a suspension that fits the reason of the red card. and how about a possibility as a manager to get send off bc of comments on the ref. (i posted this as well at the suggestions forum a few days ago, but i dont get any reaction there). Anybody who agrees with this?

Still looking for an answer here.. posted already 3 times..

Defending on corners seems to be terrible, in my last 2 games I've conceded 3 basically identical goals form corners - an opposing forward starts in the 6 yard box and then runs towards the corner, no defender goes with him, corner taker pretty much just passes the ball to the now completely unmarked forward who hits it first time into the net.

I can understand an attacker sometimes losing his marker but for it to happen in an identical fashion 3 times in a row seems a bit much.

Is it possible to have more variation of suspensions after a red card? bc it's always standard 1 match ban or a 3 match ban, no matter what the reason of the red card is.. it would be nicer to have a suspension that fits the reason of the red card. and how about a possibility as a manager to get send off bc of comments on the ref. (i posted this as well at the suggestions forum a few days ago, but i dont get any reaction there). Anybody who agrees with this?

Still looking for an answer here.. posted already 3 times..

1 and 3 match bans are the standard rules for the FA irl, so not sure what you mean on the first point? Longer bans irl are generally for reasons that they can't really bring in for legal reasons, as in extreme violence/biting, racism and positive or missing drug tests etc.

You do get touchline bans (or did on old versions, sure you still do in FM14) if you gobbed off once too often about the ref after the game, so not sure what you're looking for there either? An in-match rant button to completely lose it at the ref during the game that might see you sent to the stands? I'd never be on the touchline if there was one! :D

The finishing is represented a bit poorly in this match engine in my opinion. The amount of shots from inside the 6 yard box hit straight at the keeper seems excessive.

Also, the number of goals that are hacked in from a scrum in front of goals seem to occur very frequently.

It seems as though maybe there were to many goals in a previous version of the ME and it has had a bit of a bodge fix by making the strikers awful at finishing one on ones and low crosses.

Why does the morale of half my team drop when I say I think we can win the league this season? I'm Barcelona!

I reloaded and tried 'I think we can qualify for the Champions Cup' and they tell me that we should be aiming higher. I can't win.

Still think Morale is a bit weird, won 6 in a row then lost to a team I'd be expected to lose to, morale dropped to Okay for most but have now lost 4 in a row out of nowhere.

EDIT: Also have yet to concede from more than 12 yards.

My player, who won the Champions Cup a few weeks ago, doubts that we can win the Champions Cup again. We were undefeated and conceded just 3 goals in the whole tournament. How does this make any sense?

I once had a player doubt we could win promotion to the PL... after we'd won automatic promotion with plenty of games to spare. Would have thought he would have bothered to check the league table at some point.

Still think Morale is a bit weird, won 6 in a row then lost to a team I'd be expected to lose to, morale dropped to Okay for most but have now lost 4 in a row out of nowhere.

EDIT: Also have yet to concede from more than 12 yards.

Morale makes far too big a difference. When it's superb your team can take on giants with great spirit, and when it's bad you repeatedly lose to far weaker teams that you should be crushing.

Not only is this behaviour wildly unrealistic, but if morale made such a huge difference then all the major teams would be pumping their players full of anti-depressants or something.

The furthest goal I've seen has been from just outside the penalty area. Close range headers at goal could probably also do with being looked at because players hardly ever seem to head the ball down and instead miss easy chances by heading against/over the crossbar.

Has anyone else mentioned the annoying re-set of a squad screen every time you click on a different squad?

I like to see any squad screen by way of order of position.

So, when I click on any teams squad, it lists players like

GK

GK

GK

DR

DL

DC

DC

DC

DM

DM

CM

and so on.

Every time I click on another AI squad, it re-lists the entire squad in the order that the players have been picked for a match, i.e.

GK

DR

DL

DC

DC

MR

ML

And so on.

This really annoys me and FM has never been like that for me.

I'd always assumed that whatever you set you own team's default view as, all the other squads would be exactly the same?

Also own strikers finishing is seriously flawed. All shots go towards AI goalie no matter how CCH. Opposition goalkeeper is coded way too strong. Unbelievable chances and every shot is directed straight towards the goalkeeper. Must be fixed ASAP!

Sure you didn't press the Storm Out button by accident? I've done it once or twice considering where the positioning of the button is.

Thats what I started to think after I couldn't reproduce it. In the fm13 I think it said on the first press conference item that you had stormed out but now I'm not sure about that either.

AI goalscoring seriously flawed. Once they score their first goal they go on a unstoppable scoring spree and score 2-3 goals within 5-10 mins. Nothing you can do... Too much momentum. Needs to be fixed ASAP!
Also own strikers finishing is seriously flawed. All shots go towards AI goalie no matter how CCH. Opposition goalkeeper is coded way too strong. Unbelievable chances and every shot is directed straight towards the goalkeeper. Must be fixed ASAP!

The match engine doesn't know which team is AI or human, so anything that happens to them happens to you. Nothing to fix except selective memory.

http://i.imgur.com/JXIsvBZ.jpg

Where should I report this bug? For one thing, it's absolutely ridiculous that a treble winning manager would be passed up by a team like Villarreal. Ignoring that continued issue with FM, why would they offer me an interview only to then run my name through the press like this? It's almost as if SI haven't been listening to the feedback from the past 4 years.

You're all right about the transfer fees and such ... How can Juve demand at least 300mil for Pogba ? WTF Happened to me when i was managing Liverpool, i made a bid to test them and i thought i'm not seeing right.

And stop trying to justify this, just like in previous versions when Arsenal were demanding 200 mil for Fabregas and IRL he went for almost 40 mil.

First season with PSG and managed to sign Pogba for £34.5m so it can be done!

Where should I report this bug? For one thing, it's absolutely ridiculous that a treble winning manager would be passed up by a team like Villarreal. Ignoring that continued issue with FM, why would they offer me an interview only to then run my name through the press like this? It's almost as if SI haven't been listening to the feedback from the past 4 years.

I wonder if it has something to do with your rep being too high? That you're over-qualified? Might be a good thing to raise it in the bugs forum. Even if there is an explanation, the news item coming up for it should be changed.

Put it here I think http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/351-All-Other-Issues

It still feels like the "experts" and assistant managers don't look at what your team looks like before they open their mouth. If I have my third goalie and several youth players on the pitch due to injuries and bans, no one should say it is "utterly unacceptable" to lose the match.

It still feels like the "experts" and assistant managers don't look at what your team looks like before they open their mouth. If I have my third goalie and several youth players on the pitch due to injuries and bans, no one should say it is "utterly unacceptable" to lose the match.

Yes, I'm afraid they don't take any of this into account, just your rep, an area of the game that's overdue for a rewrite, be quite complex to get right though.:(

If you start a new game he should no longer have a pre-agreed move. Let us know if that's not the case (and make sure you're running 14.0.3). Thanks.

It's still the case, i just started a new game running 14.0.3 and he is still joining Bayern!

I can't seem to sign any players on loan suddenly? I'm on the last day of the January transfer window in my 2nd season and when I select players on the loan list, the only option in the drop down menu I have is a transfer! I've only signed 3 players on loan (I'm Peterborough in the Championship) and none from the clubs of the players I'm after?? I'm not under a transfer embargo either :(

I really don't like this game very much as it stands. There are simply too many features in the game now that are not sufficiently realistic representations of real football. Some examples:

1. Transfers - no clubs interested in buying your best and in form players at any price and ridiculous cost of buying players, even from clubs with little money in lower leagues.

2. Player body language and motivation hugely over-exaggerated and not representative of (hidden) mental stats e.g. players were good/high ability to handle pressure getting nervous in matches of little importance (presumably based on media reaction and team talks from what I can ascertain).

3. Tactic familiarization - you can't even tweak a tactic (e.g. drop CM to DM) without it being seen as a completely new tactic, requiring weeks of training before you can use it successfully.

4. Too many goals scored from kick offs.

5. Ridiculous player ratings (e.g. too high for defenders in particular) and not representative of performance.

6. Player interaction - appears to have reverted to its comical worst when first introduced a few years ago, with totally over the top reactions from players to any criticism and players refusing to speak to the manager ever again.

7. Too many players wanting transfers and then going mental when request is refused.

8. Ludicrous wage demands from both current and new players.

9. Regens are still poorly created - this has been a problem for many years.

Unfortunately, the game has become a poor imitation of its former self, with far too many poorly implemented and superfluous features that have a detrimental effect on the game IMO. There are still many aspects I like about playing FM (e.g. the new tactics system is great, training has improved greatly in recent years, match play overall looks better etc) but I am getting to the point of considering whether to pull the plug on playing this game, which would be a shame after 16 years +. Hopefully, the released version will be much better but I am really not sure whether I want to take the risk this year. Too many unnecessary features - quantity over quality sadly seems to be the approach these days. Is this really what the majority of gamers want?

Not sure if I quite like this part of the game tbh. On the one hand, my best players wanted to leave and even though their value was around £500k-£700k, they'd played really well and I managed to get between £1m-£1.5m for each of them, so a massive improvement in terms of getting a decent price for selling players to bigger clubs. They each only had a year left to run of their contract too.

On the other hand, I just lost all my best players. :(

The only problem that I'm seeing in the ME (bar a few defenders or players not moving occassionaly) is the finishing on the strikers. I can understand a couple of games where nothing goes right in front of goal for realism sake but Im finding that even though I am creating numerous one on ones they get blasted into the keeper or wide into the stand- I get that for strikers with really strong finishing skills the same as those with weak finishing ratings.

Apart from that Im quite happy with the improvements in the ME.

The only problem that I'm seeing in the ME (bar a few defenders or players not moving occassionaly) is the finishing on the strikers. I can understand a couple of games where nothing goes right in front of goal for realism sake but Im finding that even though I am creating numerous one on ones they get blasted into the keeper or wide into the stand- I get that for strikers with really strong finishing skills the same as those with weak finishing ratings.

Apart from that Im quite happy with the improvements in the ME.

I think the problem is that too many CCC's are being created in the first place, so the ME compensates by massively reducing the conversion rate of strikers. If the CCC excess can be solved (more difficult I suspect) then I'd have thought the conversion rate can more easily be tweaked.

Archived