“I Done Bought Myself Olympiakos” (FMS Characters)

Spav

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
“I already told the boy’s daddy the same thing. He changed his tune mighty quick when I suggested that. In fact he said that he’d paid a $1,000 to get the young fella out of his hair for nine months, so he’d happily pay us another $1,000 just to ensure the youngster stayed here until May”.

It was now Tenthree’s turn to laugh out loud.

Ha, ha, even his daddy knows what a royal pain in the butt his son is. Well, I feel a whole lot better now. I think we’ll keep young O\’Hara fan here and I’ll let the fellas teach him a thing or two about becoming a man”.

HAHAHAHA.

Erm, thanks for the bench sir :)

"Chesterfan2, Flipsix3 and Sherm spotted Copper before he could say a word however and immediately broke into a chant. “Get your wallet out, it’s your shout, we won today, now we’re gonna play!” Copper waved his hands in the air and called for some quiet, but now the other players joined in the chanting."

I seem to have an affinity for buying the rounds, don't I?

Also, I feel bad for Kewell. Who'da thunk he'd done get injured so often?

Copper looked at the player list as Tenthreeleader updated him on the injuries that had recently occurred. “We’re still a tad short on this here playing roster”, Copper noted. “Perhaps you’d better look at getting us a couple more players or else I’ll be pulling on a jersey again and I’m sure the fellas don’t want that”, he said with a chuckle. “Okay, Copper”, replied Tenthree, “I’ll look after it”.

There were two changes to the team for the away game at Kallithea. Mark Wilson27’s shoulder injury would see him miss at least three weeks, but Kewell08 had recovered from his rib injury and would come straight back into the side in the centre of the midfield as Mark’s direct replacement. A calf strain suffered in training forced Sherm out of the side as well and his place on the right wing was taken by Terk.

30/09 – Kallithea (A) – B Division

GK – Flipstyle

DR – Faramir

DC – PaulHartman71

DC – SCIAG

DL – Flipsix3

MR – Terk

MC – Spav

MC – Kewell08

ML – Balthazars

SC – Chesterfan2 (sent off 58)

SC – Tenthreeleader

Kallithea gave Olympiakos an early scare as Kotsa skinned SCIAG and rattled the crossbar with a fierce shot after just 2 minutes. Chesterfan2 and his marker Thomopoulos began a rugged contest between each other as they clashed in the box after 8 minutes, but despite Chesterfan2’s dramatic fall a penalty wasn’t forthcoming. Chesterfan2 followed that up with a 20th minute header from Terk’s cross that flashed inches wide of the Kallithea goal, but the pair combined well a couple of minutes later to open the scoring. SCIAG’s long pass after 23 minutes sent Terk sprinting down the right wing and his first-time cross found Chesterfan2 on the penalty-spot with the striker smashing a half-volley past the keeper Paparounis to give Olympiakos a 1-0 lead. Damianos volleyed just wide after 34 minutes as Kallithea looked to hit back, but a flare-up between Chesterfan2 and Thomopoulos soon shifted the focus. The Olympiakos skipper reacted badly to a poor tackle by his marker and manhandled the Kallithea centre-half. Flipsix3 joined in the remonstrations and the end result was yellow cards for the two Olympiakos players whilst Thomopoulos escaped scot-free. Tempers simmered between the two teams for the remainder of the first half, but there were no further incidents.

Olympiakos came close to extending their lead in the 56th minute when SCIAG headed a Balthazars corner against the post, but that was overshadowed by the events that took place two minutes later. After Olympiakos had won a corner Chesterfan2 and Thomopoulos got involved in another pushing match. Chesterfan2 suddenly snapped and headbutted Thomopoulos, causing the defender to crash to the ground with blood pouring from his smashed nose. An ugly melee developed and it took a couple of minutes before the officials could get things under control. When some order had been restored the referee called Chesterfan2 to one side and showed him the red card. Chesterfan2 walked from the pitch at the same time as his victim Thomopoulos was carried off on a stretcher. With just on half an hour remaining the ten men of Olympiakos steeled themselves for a wave of Kallithea attacks. Such was their defensive fortitude that Kallithea were unable to test Flipstyle with even one shot on target, whilst Tenthreeleader and PaulHartman71 both went close with headers from corners when Olympiakos managed to get forward late in the game. Olympiakos took the game 1-0, but the consequences of the match were probably going to be felt for several weeks to come.

Kallithea (0)0

Olympiakos Volou (1)1 Chesterfan2 23

A forlorn Chesterfan2 sat in the corner of the change-rooms and watched as his victorious team-mates entered after the completion of the match. No-one knew exactly what to say to him at first, but it was Copper who went over to speak to him as soon as he arrived from the grandstand. “What happened out there, son?” he asked as he laid a consoling hand on Chesterfan2’s shoulder. “I just lost it. There’s no excuse, Copper”, replied Chesterfan2. Copper didn’t reply and Chesterfan2 went on after a moment. “You know when we had that chat at the café about my football background the other day”. Copper nodded in the affirmative. “I suppose I should have added then that it was my temper that had also limited my appearances at my various clubs. I’m sorry, Copper”, he said as his lowered his head in shame. “What’s done is done”, replied Copper. “There’s bound to be further consequences when the referee’s report goes in, so for now we’ll just have to sight tight and wait and see”.

Greek National B Division - Sunday 30th September

Pos     Team                            Pld  Won  Drn  Lst  For  Ag   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st     Proodeftiki                     3    2    1    0    9    2    7  
2nd     OLYMPIAKOS VOLOU                3    2    1    0    4    0    7  
3rd     Serres                          3    2    1    0    3    1    7  
4th     Kalamata                        3    2    0    1    6    7    6  
5th     Chalkidona                      3    1    2    0    5    4    5  
6th     Patraikos                       3    1    2    0    3    2    5  
7th     Athinaikos                      3    1    1    1    2    2    4  
8th     Apollon                         3    1    1    1    3    6    4  
9th     Kallithea                       3    1    0    2    6    7    3  
10th    Kalamaria                       3    1    0    2    2    5    3  
11th    Giannena                        3    0    2    1    1    2    2  
12th    Aigio                           3    0    1    2    5    7    1  
13th    AOAN                            3    0    1    2    3    5    1  
14th    Paniliakos                      3    0    1    2    1    3    1  

CopperHorse and Tenthreeleader had to laugh despite the gravity of the situation. The players were at their first training session since the weekend’s 2-0 away win at Kallithea where Chesterfan2 had been sent off for headbutting his opponent and breaking the man’s nose into the process. Balthazars had been the one who had come up with the idea of the ‘punishment’ for Chesterfan2 and the other players had quickly taken it on board. As a result Chesterfan2 now wore a donkey’s tail pinned to the back of his shorts and a headband to which was attached a pair of donkey’s ears. Every time Chesterfan2 received the ball in the training match that was being played several players would chorus “ee-aw, ee-aw”, much to the delight of the others.

Copper and Tenthree sat in the empty grandstand at the EAK Volou stadium and watched the players training whilst they discussed Chesterfan2’s situation.

“It didn’t look mighty good on the television, did it?” said Copper about the headbutting incident.

“No, and the media made sure everyone got to see it all by constantly showing footage from all three cameras that were present at the game as well”, replied Tenthree.

“I just took me a call from the Greek FA before I came out. Chesterfan2 has got himself an appointment with the disciplinary tribunal on Wednesday evening”.

“So he’s likely to get a bigger suspension than the automatic one match for receiving a red card I suppose”.

“It’s on the cards I’m afraid”.

A roar of laughter came from the players out on the pitch as Chesterfan2 finally relented to the taunting and went totally donkey as he got down to his hands and knees and was attempting to headbutt his nearest team-mates in the legs whilst braying “ee-aw, ee-aw”.

“At least they’re taking it well”, smiled Tenthree.

“Yep, but I don’t think we’ll be laughing after Wednesday night”, replied Copper ruefully.

CopperHorse, Tenthreeleader and Chesterfan2 all sat quietly in the back of the chauffeured limousine as it headed north out of Athens on its way back to Volos. It hadn’t been the enjoyable first-ever visit to the Greek capital that Chesterfan2 would have hoped for – instead he’d had to front the Greek FA’s disciplinary tribunal after his misdemeanour on the weekend.

“Nine matches”, mumbled Chesterfan2, “nine bloody matches”.

“I thought it was a tad harsh myself”, said Copper sympathetically.

“Although telling the tribunal that ‘the dirty kebab-muncher had it coming’ wasn’t probably the cleverest comment for a fella in your position to make”, added Tenthree.

“Yeah, but they were making out that Thomopoulos was a pillar of innocence and the bugger had been pushing, pulling and prodding me all day”, replied Chesterfan2 in his defence.

There was silence again for a couple of minutes.

“Mind you, I sure did a good job on him”, smiled Chesterfan2. “There were more bandages on his head tonight than on an Egyptian mummy”.

“Perhaps you shouldn’t have done offered him your handkerchief to blow his nose with either”, suggested Tenthree helpfully.

“Yeah, he didn’t like that much, did he?” said Chesterfan2 as he remembered Thomopoulos’s look of anger at that moment.

Another couple of minutes of silence ensued.

“Anyway, as Copper said on Sunday, what’s done is done and now I’m gonna have to live with it”, said Chesterfan2, “but nine matches sitting in the stands and watching the lads play is gonna be bloody difficult to take”.

CopperHorse shook his head in bewilderment as he looked at the player roster.

“It surely is amazing how the loss of one player can put such a big old hole in the team”, he commented to Tenthreeleader, referring to Chesterfan2’s nine-match suspension.

“I reckon we is gonna have to make us a new forward line signing, just to provide some cover”, replied Tenthree. “No disrespect to the other fellas, but if Balthazars or I gets injured, then we are a little light on cos Terk and Sherm both really prefer to play as right-wingers than forwards”.

“Have a looky-see at those e-Bay offers that we put on hold and see if there’s a striker amongst them”, suggested Copper.

“I surely will”, replied Tenthree. “In the meantime I’ve completed the registration of two further players to provide us some depth in our midfield and they’ll be arriving in the next few days to join us here in Volos”.

Gavrenwick – AM RC – 30yo – England

Salkster2102 – DM RLC – 20yo – England

Sunday’s match would pit Olympiakos in second place against the league leaders Proodeftiki in an early season top-of-the-table clash. The loss of Chesterfan2 for nine weeks through suspension forced one change as Balthazars pushed back into the forward line, allowing Kewell08 to return to the left wing and bringing Okkas into the side in the centre of the midfield. The captain’s armband went to Spav who promised that he was just keeping it warm for Chesterfan2.

07/10 – Proodeftiki (H) – B Division

GK – Flipstyle

DR – Faramir (sub 73 Weeeman27bob)

DC – PaulHartman71

DC – SCIAG

DL – Flipsix3

MR – Terk (sub 73 Sherm)

MC – Spav

MC – Okkas

ML – Kewell08

SC – Tenthreeleader

SC – Balthazars

It was a great start for Olympiakos Volou as they opened the scoring after just 5 minutes. Kewell08’s free-kick was flicked on by Tenthreeleader for Okkas to run onto and he dribbled into the penalty area. Okkas then drove the ball low through the six-yard box and Terk muscled his way in front of his marker at the far post to poke the ball home for a 1-0 lead. Flipstyle was demonstrating his aerial prowess as he continued to gobble up any high balls into the Olympiakos box, but he was beaten by a Netsos header after 15 minutes with the crossbar coming to the keeper’s rescue. Tenthreeleader and Balthazars both bought good saves out of the Proodeftiki keeper Karanastasis as the first half moved on and Flipstyle reacted well to deny Paylazet with a diving save after 35 minutes. Half-time arrived with Olympiakos 1-0 up and definitely worth their lead.

Both sides were defending well and chances were scarce as the second half got underway. Okkas rifled a half-volley just over the crossbar from Kewell08’s knockdown after 53 minutes and Kewell08 himself curled a twenty-yard effort into the side netting in the 58th minute. Up the other end Flipstyle clawed out Paylazet’s header after 67 minutes with SCIAG hacking the resulting loose ball off the line. Terk’s 38-year-old legs were giving out on the right wing and he was subbed by Sherm after 73 minutes. Faramir was also noticeably tiring, so Weeeman27bob took his place on the right of the defence at the same time. Despite some good midfield play neither side could fashion a decent scoring chance and the game eventually came to an end with Terk’s early goal the final difference between the two teams.

Olympiakos Volou (1)1 Terk 5

Proodeftiki (0)0

“Top of the table”, said Tenthree to Copper as he offered his hand in congratulation. Copper shook it heartily. “It’s a good feeling, but there’s a mighty long way to go before the end of the season”, he replied. “Still, if you’d done told me we’d be first after four matches following the way the season started, I’d have said you were crazier than a raccoon visiting a Davy Crockett hat shop”.

Thay boy has talent there you know. Just where I like to play as well part from the centre half. Honoured to be part of this team mate thanks
Haha im extremely pleased to have signed a contract. Thanks for putting me in the story Spav. 30yo old though, haha, what you trying to say ;)

I'm trying to include people who have current stories in FMS, so you two fitted the bill nicely. You'll go into the reserves to start with, but with injuries and suspensions I'm sure you'll at least make the first team bench fairly soon.

For the first time since the official matches began there were no changes to the Olympiakos Volou starting lineup. Mark Wilson27 had resumed light training following his shoulder injury, but Copper and Tenthree resisted the temptation to rush him back into the side too early. The new boys Gavrenwick and Salkster2102 had trained well in their first week at the club, but they were still not up to peak condition and needed a few more fitness sessions before they could be considered.

14/10 – Aigio (A) – B Division

GK – Flipstyle

DR – Faramir

DC – PaulHartman71 (sub 64 JimT)

DC – SCIAG

DL – Flipsix3

MR – Terk

MC – Spav

MC – Okkas

ML – Kewell08

SC – Tenthreeleader

SC – Balthazars (sub 64 Sherm)

An early slip by PaulHartman71 allowed Wellington to get free, but the Brazilian shot over for Aigio after 5 minutes. A few minutes later Balthazars has a similar chance come his way, but the Australian fired into the crowd after 9 minutes. A poor goal-kick by Zafeiropoulos in the 15th minute fell at the feet of Balthazars and this time he fed Tenthreeleader who took an early shot from twenty-five yards that caught the keeper flatfooted as it flew into the bottom corner to give Olympiakos a 1-0 lead. Aigio’s 4-5-1 formation was flooding the midfield and both sides found it difficult to create further chances. Wellington’s free-kick after 35 minutes was deflected onto the post by SCIAG as Aigio came close to equalising, but Olympiakos responded with Tenthreeleader heading into the side netting from Kewell08’s cross after 39 minutes. It was Flipstyle who kept the side in front though with a tremendous save from Baiano’s free-kick in first half injury-time.

The second half was barely two minutes old when Kewell08 cut in from the left wing past Vakirtzis and Grigoriadis before hammering in a shot that Zafeiropoulos could only parry. Tenthreeleader was first to the rebound and he smacked it into the empty net to double the lead to 2-0. Olympiakos defended their lead strongly as the game went through a quiet period before Copper called for a couple of changes after 64 minutes. Sherm replaced Balthazars up front whilst JimT came on for PaulHartman71 in defence. Both sides traded close calls via headers as Sherm headed just wide after 69 minutes whilst Nedelkovic did the same for Aigio after 71 minutes. Olympiakos were well in control though and could have added a third goal late on when Okkas volleyed against the crossbar after 86 minutes. It mattered little though as the league leaders won 2-0 to stretch their unbeaten run to eight games in all competitions.

Aigio (0)0

Olympiakos Volou (1)2 Tenthreeleader 15, 47

“I’m surely am amazed at how well these here fellas have gelled together as a team in such a short time”, said Copper to Tenthree as the team relaxed on the team coach during the return trip from Aigio to Volos. “It was mighty satisfying to see the way the boys went about picking their way through that there packed Aigio midfield and defence. They showed real patience and worked hard for each other”. Tenthree nodded in agreement at Copper’s appraisal, but did not speak. “But the thing that sends my head a-spinning”, continued Copper, “is how you’ve taken to this goalscoring malarkey. Three goals in four games is a mighty fine return for any striker in any league”. Tenthree smiled at Copper’s compliment and said, “To be honest, Copper, I’m having trouble believing it too”.

CopperHorse sat his phone back on the cradle after finishing the call and let out a long whistle before calling out, “It seems that the fellas are surely starting to be noticed now”.

“What’s happened then?” asked Tenthreeleader as he came in from the room next door. “Has Sherm done gone and streaked through the waterfront cafes like he’s been threatening to?”

“No, this here is good publicity, not bad”, answered Copper as he made a mental note to find out more about Sherm’s after-football activities.

“Good publicity has been rarer than hen’s teeth”, noted Tenthree.

“True. Anyways I’ve just had me the manager from English club Leicester City on the phone. He’s just had a report from one of his scouts who was checking out some other talent over here and he read in an Athens newspaper we was the only team in Greece yet to concede a goal in official matches”.

“Yep, I’m right proud of that statistic, Copper. Eight consecutive shutout matches – that’s 720 minutes and no-one has been able to stick the ball in our net yet”.

“It seems that the story in that there newspaper was highly complimentary of our young keeper Flipstyle. The Leicester scout had a looky-see at him against Aigio last weekend and done went and recommended him to his manager as one for the future and that prompted the phone call I just received. Leicester just offered us £100K for his signature”.

“So what did you all say to him, Copper?”

“I done told him to shove his goddam offer where the sun don’t shine. We’re building a club here and the last thing I’m aiming to do is sell my best players”.

“Should I tell Flipstyle about the offer?”

“I don’t see why not? The young fella has earned the praise with his performances, so he may as well know about it”.

For the home match against Kalamata there was one change to the team as the midfield playmaker Mark Wilson27 came back into the starting eleven at the expense of Okkas who dropped down onto the substitute’s bench.

21/10 – Kalamata (H) – B Division

GK – Flipstyle

DR – Faramir

DC – PaulHartman71

DC – SCIAG

DL – Flipsix3

MR – Terk (sub 72 Amaroq)

MC – Spav

MC – Mark Wilson27

ML – Kewell08

SC – Tenthreeleader

SC – Balthazars

Olympiakos immediately went on the front foot and shots rained in on Kalamata’s keeper Konstantopoulos as Balthazars, Spav and Kewell08 all had attempts within the opening five minutes that had the goalie sprawling to make saves. In the 8th minute Konstantopoulos made a brilliant triple-save from Tenthreeleader, Mark Wilson27 and Spav before the ball finally fell to Tenthreeleader who rifled it into the roof of the net to open the scoring. From the restart Kewell08 won the ball and released Balthazars on a run goalwards, but it was abruptly ended by a late challenge from Tsoukalis. Balthazars was uninjured, but the referee took a dim view of the tackle and sent the Kalamata centre-half. Olympiakos would now have a one-man advantage for the remaining eighty minutes. It was soon 2-0 as Spav drove a cross towards the far post and Balthazars dived in to bullet a header past Konstantopoulos after 15 minutes. Kalamata were in disarray and Tenthreeleader made it 3-0 after 19 minutes when he headed in a corner from Terk. Kalamata fell back after that to defend in depth and that clamped down on the chances that Olympiakos could create with two headers from Tenthreeleader being as close as the team went in the remainder of the first half.

Mark Wilson27 had the first chance of the second half after 55 minutes, but he lifted his shot over the crossbar from twelve yards out. In the 61st minute a long throw-in by Dauros sent Hilton racing away behind Flipsix3 and his cross found Athanasiadis who volleyed past Flipstyle to pull the score back to 3-1. It was the first goal that Flipstyle had conceded in eight and a half games. Dauros then fired in a free-kick that Flipstyle tipped over for a corner as Kalamata amazingly threatened a comeback before Terk made way for Amaroq after 72 minutes as Olympiakos made their first substitution. The team tightened up defensively after that and things looked good for the home side. The game was made safe in the 87th minute when Mark Wilson27 took a quick free-kick and found Spav who comprehensively volleyed past Konstantopoulos from fourteen yards out to make the final score 4-1 in Olympiakos’s favour.

Olympiakos Volou (3)4 Tenthreeleader 8, 19, Balthazars 15, Spav 87

Kalamata (0)1 Athanasiadis 61

“Hey, Flipstyle, there goes your dream move to Leicester, mate”, said Mark Wilson27 with a laugh as the team sat in the change-rooms after the game. “Are you kidding me, man?” replied Flipstyle. “Chesterfan2 has told me all about Leicester and I’ll be letting in as many goals as I need to in order to prevent getting transferred to a hole like that”. There was a ripple of laughter around the room. “Hey, what was the timing on that Kalamata goal?” yelled Kewell08 to anyone in general. “61 minutes”, responded Chesterfan2 who had watched the match from the grandstand. “Who had 61 in the sweepstake?” asked Kewell08 as he looked around the room. No-one answered. “We sold all the tickets, so someone must have had it”, said Flipsix3 who had run the sweepstakes. A hand went up in the back corner. “I had it”, said the owner of the hand. A shower of boots, socks and assorted sweaty clothing flew in his direction. “Hey, just give me my $90”, said the sweepstakes winner Flipstyle.

To my readers,

Sorry for the lack of activity recently as I've been very busy at work and I was writing this in my lunch breaks or on my 25-minute train trip to and from work each day. I hope to get a game or two written up later this week, but then I'm on holidays from 18th October for ten days and there will be no updates in that period.

Cheers, Spav.

Archived