Help with setting player role instructions

Im having a wee issue i cant get my head around. On the tactics screen, on player instructions, i have set instructions for each position, so when a player is set to play there i dont need to mess around, but when i then assign players to these positions, there is a red box top right that tells me the player has personal instructions and will not follow the instructions set for the position, but i havent set any personal instructions for players, the only ones that come up are the ones i have set for the position.

Am i being silly here? I cant figure out what settings i would have set the players to, and how i remove them.....??

This is what i mean, this is set looking at my keeper, so i add Szeczesny to the position and as soon as i do the red box in the top right appears saying the player has personal instructions and will ignore the position instructions, even tho both are the same.

6FB7612EC1F28EFEF67D84B0FCCF419560298D91

This is what i mean, this is set looking at my keeper, so i add Szeczesny to the position and as soon as i do the red box in the top right appears saying the player has personal instructions and will ignore the position instructions, even tho both are the same.

6FB7612EC1F28EFEF67D84B0FCCF419560298D91

It doesn't matter if the instructions are the same for "any player in this position" and "Szczesny". You have Szczesny in the starting line-up, so the entire page of "any player in this position" will be ignored. Szczesny will only follow what is in his own instruction set-up.

I don't see the problem. Unless I misunderstood you?

Archived