Sports Interactive Community
Aesorian

FM14: Aston Villa - Prepared

It's hard to say because the team lacks any sort of wide men so it rules out a load of formations off the bat. They also have nobody capable of playing 'in the hole' behind your striker(s), so it also really limits you there.

If you loan in a winger or two, 433/41221/451 is the way to go imo, with two wingers, a lone striker and two CMs in front of a DM.

Nobody else is using Villa then? :( Shame, they're a really good side to manage. The debt makes it super interesting because you don't get £60M for having a great season... anyway, completed Season 2 and completed most of my off-season dealings so here's how it all went and how it's shaping up...this post won't be nearly as long as the previous one above because I cba, especially if nobody is using the thread :lol:

Having finished 3rd in season one, we aimed to finish in the Top 4 for the second successive season. We just about managed it, snagging 3rd with Tottenham and Man City close behind. Our cups were fairly dismal again, no changes there. I was too busy trying to rotate because I am too focussed on succeeding in the league so we went out easily in those cups. Europe was a great success, topping a tough group of PSG, Milan, Galatasaray and of course ourselves. We disposed of Valencia fairly easily but Real Madrid (eventual winners) turned out to be too good for us. Shame.

This season the board gave us 40k in spare wages and £30M. When made more appropriate, it worked out to £120k spare wages and £20M budget. Immediately got to signing, because it is clear that despite having a good homegrown squad, we're not capable of doing far unless we seriously strengthen.

Kevin De Bruyne is probably the marquee signing of the summer. Chelsea sold him last summer to Man City for £9M, but upon signing he snapped his leg and he couldn't play so he wasn't registered. When it came round to January, they didn't bother registering him either and he demanded to leave after making 0 appearances in 1 season. I snapped him up for a meagre £6M, which is utterly fantastic business. He will rotate with Anthony Knockaert on AMR but if necessary and against bigger sides, I will probably go for De Bruyne on the left and Knockaert on the right.

Lazio were relegated so I looked to raid them for players. Lorik Cana was a tantalizing prospect as he is a great tutor, but he wanted too much wages. Instead, I looked towards their Nigerian midfielder Ogenyi Onazi for £6M. He will start in central midfield alongside Will Hughes and ahead of Ashley Westwood. To back-up these players, I have Gary Gardner still at the club. Backing up Will Hughes is Rafinha who was transfer-listed at Barcelona. He joined for a very tidy £475K. And to back-up Westwood - although it still hasn't been accepted, pending work permit - is Real Madrid defensive midfielder Casemiro, who is costing us only £1.3M.

Ezequiel Munoz is looking set to join us on a free from Palermo as a back-up to Éder Alvaréz Balanta and other new signing, Tin Jedvaj, the steal of the century. The hugely promising young Croat centre back is only costing us £3M, which is well, well below his true value. Also signing on a free is Kolbeinn Sigthorsson as the third choice striker. Andi Weimann, as likeable as he is, wasn't good enough so we sold him on. Sigthorsson will play third fiddle to Fierro and Mitrovic.

Players sold: Andi Weimann, Ciaran Clark, Mirko Eramo, Fabian Delph, Joe Bennett and most likely Jores Okore (he wasn't performing as good as I felt he should be, so I might as well cash in. Having Jedvaj available made this decision easy).

Oh, and by the way, in January last season we signed Jack Robinson for £2M because Antonio Luna was seriously injured (out for 3 months) and I didn't trust Joe Bennett to start.

Last season we had some very good performances in the team. Balanta was a rock, both Luna and Lowton were brilliant, Graham had a very good season too. But the two standouts were both new signings. Anthony Knockaert, signed to replace Nicolas Gaitan (who played twice for Benfica - hahaha, that's what he gets for rejecting us), was our best player. 38(2) appearances, 19 goals, 10 assists, 7.37 average rating. Our top scorer and top assister though was big summer signing Aleksandar Mitrovic. The big Serb netted 24 times and assisted a further 12 in 35(7) appearances. He was joint for the Golden Boot but lost out to Romelu Lukaku (of Champions, Chelsea) by virtue of having played more minutes (even though he assisted much more and his average rating was much better too, but oh well).

League Table

PL Fixtures 1

PL Fixtures 2

Domestic Cups

Champions League

Nobody else is using Villa then? :( Shame, they're a really good side to manage. The debt makes it super interesting because you don't get £60M for having a great season... anyway, completed Season 2 and completed most of my off-season dealings so here's how it all went and how it's shaping up...this post won't be nearly as long as the previous one above because I cba, especially if nobody is using the thread :lol:

I agree with you! If I hadn't had a Villa save in FM13 I would probably have picked them this year after all the summer signings. Some fantastic signings there Downie. Good luck!

Cheers fella :thup:

Casemiro couldn't get a work permit so I signed André Santos on a free instead. He was great for my Sporting side on FM12, although he doesn't seem anywhere near as good as I remembered him being back then, but he still looks good enough to rotate with Westwood at DM. Screenshot of my transfers:

A4BF15524A6D53DFC2EABBC2001E10522533BEA5

I will be starting my yearly Villa save today or tomorrow most probably. Looks harder than last years to build a strong team in the 1st season, but there is the basis of a good team already there.

Im not entirely sure who to buy or sell as no one at the start of the game really matches the types of players I want or they are well out of my price range, the main problem is the midfield is to light weight and the striker aren't great at hitting the back of the net.

Also at the end of the first season the wages all get blown out of proportion with the yearly wage rises.

Finally started my Villa save tonight. Here are my transfer dealings

v3gjf9.png

My tactics

2hq5w5g.png

And the league table so far

2yp12eb.png

I'm aiming for a mid table/europa league place by the end of the season. I'm hopefully going to be able to offload Given, Stevens, Albrighton and N'Zogbia asap and Ireland,Bent and Delfouneso at the end of the season.

I'll keep posting at the end of every transfer window and end of the season.

You're not getting Given away any time soon :D

I've offered him out for zero every single transfer window and he's still at the club, just have to wait for his huge wage (he's my third highest earner) to disappear when his contract ends.

I've tried giving him away too. Hopefully someone will be desperate enough to take him off my hands on loan with a £0 future fee clause :D I'm getting frustrated with Benteke and his lack of scoring and have found that Helenius is a better option in the AF role so may end up trying to offload Benteke in January and keep the cash until the summer and strengthen my squad.

You're not getting Given away any time soon :D

I've offered him out for zero every single transfer window and he's still at the club, just have to wait for his huge wage (he's my third highest earner) to disappear when his contract ends.

I struggled getting Benteke to score too, found success with him as a Trequartista in the end. He scored 16 goals in the first season, which was third highest in the division.

I checked after I made that post about Given, he has set a retirement date for the same time his contract expires. He looks a great GK coach but I'm sick of the name "Shay Given" so I won't be signing him. I don't think I ever had one offer for him, loan or transfer.

Just finished my 2nd season. Forgot completely to post updates on my 1st in here lol. A quick recap of my 1st season, I finished 16th after not being able to get a consistent run of results in a row and also a failure to get any of my strikers scoring on a regular basis.

2nd season here are my signings and transfers out.

1fdagi.png

2mdkqco.png

jkzrz7.png

bij9qq.png

Here is the final league table

1zzqcs9.png

Shay Given has set a retirement date for the end of this current season so I now only have to wait a few more weeks to get his wages off the wage bill :D

I also have managed to get into the Europa League through the fair play award which is a nice bonus.

I am going to look to try and add to my transfer budget by selling Baker, Herd and Benteke and am hopefully going to add some proper competition for Guzan in Jack Butland, but trying to get Mark Hughes to sell at a reasonable price is proving somewhat troublesome to say the least. I'm hoping that he puts in a transfer request and I can sign him that way, like Ings did with Burnley. They were asking for £10m for him but I would only go as far as £6m, he put a transfer request in and boom £4.5m asking price :D

I also dropped Benteke for Helenius and began rotating Robinson and Grealish for my AML position but Robinson was by far the better performer so he became a regular fixture in my starting 11. Okore was a regular starter ahead of Clark but suffered a hip injury so Clark came in and performed well.

2e5pno1.png

I didn't post my Season 3 results. I CBA getting all the screenshots together like previous posts, but here's a quick rundown:

4th in the Premier League.

We were challenging the title with about 10 games to go but a shocking run of just 3 wins in our last 10 meant we finished 4th behind Chelsea (winners) and the two Manchester clubs. Decent season in the league, but too many games and not enough time (from December to the end of April we played two games a week, sometimes three) every week. Nightmare.

Capital One Cup Winners

A fairly moderate run ended with us beating Chelsea 4-3 AET in the final. First silverware with Villa. \o/

FA Cup 6th Round

We lost out to Everton. Had we got into the semi-finals we'd have been up against one of Brighton, Newcastle or Fulham (we would have won the cup pretty much). Ah well.

Champions League Groups

OM, Real Madrid and Gladbach came up against us. We did fairly well but we had to beat Madrid in Game 6 or pray OM lost to Gladbach to qualify. We lost 2-1 to Madrid and OM won so we were out. OM beat Madrid in France and Spain so that's why we lost out despite managing 9 solid points (two home wins, lost in Germany, lost in Spain, drew with Madrid at home, drew with OM in France). Finished 3rd in the groups.

Europa League 2nd Knockout Round

We breezed past PSV and came up against Galatasaray who we played twice the season before in the CL Groups and beat twice. We lost 2-0 in Turkey and a tough schedule just made things even harder. We won 2-1 in Birmingham but still went out of course.

Into the new season and we went out of the Capital One Cup at the first hurdle, losing on Penalties to Wolves :thdn: Also out of the Champions League. We had to qualify against Schalke and, after losing 2-0 in Germany, went out on away goals as we only managed a 3-1 win at home. We went straight into the Europa League group stages where we drew a group of Roma, Granada and... I've forgot who else. We won two of our first three, drawing against Granada 0-0. We'll breeze this group :thup:

Only signings were £15M for James Ward-Prowse from Southampton and £19M for Luke Shaw from Southampton (Southampton got relegated).

Hoping to challenge the title. With any luck we'll win it but I'm aiming for top three against and finishing within touching distance to the title...

Here's how my fourth season with Villa went:

Premier League Champions

Yay! Close run league in the end, pipped Chelsea by 2 points. Would've been more comfortable but they managed to beat us at Villa Park with about 4 games left.

Capital One Cup 3rd Round

Yeah, terrible. Our defence did not work out too well.

FA Cup 5th Round

Giant killing from Championship side Crystal Palace. Boo.

Champions League Qualifiers

Schalke knocked us out. 2-0 in Germany, 3-1 in Schalke. 3-3 on aggregate, Schalke on away goals.

Europa League 1st Knockout Round

Drew Dortmund who overpowered us in Germany. 4-1 to them and a 3-1 result in Birmingham wasn't enough. 5-4 to the Germans in the end.

Great season for us, even if we did struggle in the cups and European competitions. League champions is great. Next season I want some silverware (FA Cup would be nice) and to make the last 8 at least of the CL. I want to finish top two again in the league.

Struggling big time with Villa, can not for the life of me get a tactic that works, in fm13 I had a brilliant one, 3 at the back, 2 wing backs, 2 cms, 2 wingers with 1 upfront. Matched it with villa's style of play (counter attacking, full backs getting forward) But with this year, cant get it to work. Lack of money, and not being able to get rid of Given is very annoying, plus used to sell Bent on previous one. Any ideas/tips?

Hey guys!

Seems a bit quiet on the Villa thread, so i thought i'd give it a go!

Just looking to consolidate a mid table position this season until i can bring in the right players to suit the way i want to play.

Ins:

Harlee Dean - £750k

Rochina - Loan

Affellay - Loan

No players sold this window, only a few loans out going.

Won my 1st game 2-0 at home to Hull, that's as far as i've got so far!

Good Luck to you all!

2017-18 complete :)

Community Shield

Penalty win against Chelsea (FA Cup Winners) was all it took to lift the Community Shield. 2-2 in normal time.

Capital One Cup

We were drawn against Wolves yet again (third time in three years), who put us out at the exact same stage the season before. This time we won 1-0. However in the 4th Round we lost to Swansea, so that's that.

FA Cup

Wolves. Again. Jesus. We beat them more comfortably this time around, 2-0. We drew Everton (who put us out of the FA Cup in the 6th Round last season) and drew 1-1 with them at Goodison. In the replay we disposed of them 2-0 before taking on Reading in the 5th Round. A shocking performance after a number of players were rested saw us lose 3-0. Hey ho, it happens I guess.

Premier League

The defence of our title went great. A record of 26 wins, 9 draws and 3 losses (a one-win improvement over last season) saw us narrowly pip Manchester City on the final day of the table by three points. A great title defence although not an easy one. Two in a row, which was great.

Champions League

A group of AC Milan, Spartak Moscow and Schalke (who knocked us out of the qualifiers the year before) presented a nice challenge but not one which stopped us from topping the group with 4 wins and 2 losses (away to Schalke and away to Milan). Our knockout experience was fun and challenging, the way it should be. Atletico Madrid succumbed to a 1-0 defeat in Spain and we managed to further build on that with a solid 2-0 victory in Birmingham. Our Quarter Final opponents were Chelsea. Two early games in the home tie (1st and 3rd minute) saw us ride to a 2-1 victory, before we snatched a 1-0 victory in London to go through 3-1 on aggregate. Following that, we went into the final 4. AC Milan stood in our way, the Italian Champions. A 4-3 loss in Milan put us into a good position for the return trip in England and we did great, winning 3-0 and 6-4 on aggregate. Our opponents in the final were none other than PL title contenders Manchester City. Jordan Graham and Carlos Fierro scored either side of a Kevin Volland strike to see us become Champions of Europe and win 2-1 :cool:

A great season all in, where we didn't even need to buy much either - one signing was made of Daniel Quinones, an 18 year old Chilean LB/CB (natural in both). Signed from Real Madrid's youths for £5.5M, he played 16(14) games and averaged 7.08 across the lot of them. He's now 19 but a Wonderkid nonetheless. An inspired signing and a future world class player.

The Squad

GK: Sergio Romero / Jed Steer

RB: Matt Lowton / Joshua Webb

RCB: Tin Jedvaj / James Stirling*

LCB: Eder Alvarez Balanta / Dani Quinones*

LB: Luke Shaw / Antonio Luna

DM: Ashley Westwood / Ogenyi Onazi

MCR: Will Hughes / Yu Jianrong*

MCL: James Ward-Prowse / Gary Gardner

AMR: Anthony Knockaert / Jack Grealish

AML: Jordan Graham / Keith Burrow**

ST: Aleksandar Mitrovic / Carlos Fierro

* - Regen / ** - Academy Youth

I'm selling two players this summer (well, that I want to sell) - Gabriel Iancu, the back-up to Knockaert, because he's rubbish...well, he isn't, he's class, he just doesn't suit my system. Signed for £5.5M, selling for £7.5M with 10% of future sales going to me (he is signing for Rubin so I imagine he will make me money eventually) and Jan Pacholik, a young Czech regen I signed a few years ago for £10M. He's got great potential but he's a moany bugger and I can't be bothered with him. He's being sold to Swansea (still in the PL) for £5M. Huge loss BUT I will get 25% of his future sales so if he goes for £10M+ I'll make only a small loss and I fancy him to be a hit at Swansea where he will start. He is a good player, he's just too temperamental for my liking unfortunately.

Keith Burrow spent last season on loan at Hull. He suffered two serious injuries but managed to impress. At only 18 I'm sure he'll turn out great for us. Still very raw but capable of becoming a world beater. He's natural on AMR but he's right footed (well, actually, either footed now) and has better stats to play the IF/S I want him to play, so he'll play on AML. Jack Grealish is also poor as an AML where I'd been playing him, but he's great on AMR (also either footed now) so he'll switch to be Knockaert's back-up.

Honours

Capital One Cup - 2016

FA Community Shield - 2017

Barclays Premier League - 2017, 2018

UEFA Champions League - 2018

Building a nice little trophy cabinet at last. My priority next season is to try and win the PL again and if I can the CL, but I would love to win the FA Cup as it is the obvious omission from our trophy cabinet since I took over. I have also signed a new contract to stay with the club until 2023 too :)

So not many people playing with villa right now? Started mine a last weekend and just finished the first season in 8th which considering i used my own tactics and stuff im very happy with and only signed Lodeiro, even 4th place was realistic until the last two games where i only got 1 point from 18th and 15th which was a bit annoying but sort of relieved as a european campaign probably would have been too much too soon. Gabby won player of the year and benteke got top goalscorer.

Anyway second summer got 7m which was poor but sold Wiemann, Clark and El Ahmadi and brought in Robertson, Balanta, Alef(?) forgot his name i think its that and Ince who all have 4.5/5 star potential and bumped up Grealish to the senior squad. Unfortunately i think benteke will be robbed at some point but im not too bothered about that as i know i'll get enough to buy a quality replacement.

Going alright so far and with a good few coaches, a guy from portsmouth and Meulensteen i reckon i can have a good crack for europa league places this season.

Not posted on here for a while about my progress with Villa. I'm now in 2024/25and after 15 I'm sitting 1st with 38 points, winning 12, 2 draws and only the one loss. I won the Europa league in 2022 and got knocked out n the Champions League semi final the following season. Not managed to finish any higher than 3rd in the league so far unfortunately due to a lack of consistency around December/January.

My formation is

2eciyqv.png

My best players are

2s79gef.png

Came through my youth intake

24vno9j.png

May not look the best but has been my most consistent player for the last 5 years or so

2dbs12a.jpg

I have a few top quality youngsters coming through and giving substitute appearances to as well as the odd start in the cup competitions and easier league games.

I'm aiming for 1st/2nd this season, and for next season I should have 2 11's that would be able to compete in the league so can rotate a lot more without lowering the quality in my starting 11.

Quit Manchester United in January 2017, just took over Villa ( who'd finished 9th) after Lambert joined Liverpool at the end of the 16/17 season.

Brought in Eric Dier (who I'd had at United, and he was really good) for £5m, and Ryan Gould for his 10.25m Min Fee Release (at Stoke) despite interest from Chelsea. When I was at United I'd been after Jack Grealish as he'd been getting all the young players monthly awards, so I was glad to have him. I sold the main forward (can't remember his name :o, someone from Lazio I think) and brought in Michy Batshuayi from Standard for 5.5m (last year of contract), and signed Will Hughes for £4m since he also had just a year running on his contract (I only noticed when Norwich got a 4m bid accepted.)

Signed Jack Butland on a free after he refused to resign with Stoke and the previous regime had signed Burak Yilmaz and Charles Kabore on free transfers. They both seem decent. Have only played friendlies so far, and I'm trying to get Digne (who is 'not needed' by Paris) but it's lucking unlikely as I've already stretched the budgets to get Batshuayi.

The squad is looking like this:

HfzYF.jpg

I think my 1st XI will look like this:

Butland/Guzan

Lowton-Wisdom-Dier-Park

Kabore

Westwood-Hughes

Grealish----------Gould

Batshuayi

Although I'm hoping Yilmaz might force his way into the first team, and I'll play a 4-4-2 against sides it'll suit. I'm aiming for top half and I'm pleased with my squad (altlough a bit more depth would be good.)

Finished my first season (18/19), missing out on Europe after throwing away one too many games from winning positions. Finishing 8th after a last day draw with Arsenal. I am content with the season since I see a lot to build on.

Premier League: 8th

League Cup: Finals (lost 0-2 vs. Stoke)

FA Cup: Quarter Finalist (lost vs. Man United)

Player of the Season (the fans agreed) was Ryan Gauld (£10.25m from Stoke), but Jack Grealish and Michy Batshuayi (19 goals) had very good seasons.

p0npM.jpg

The defense was poor and I targeted 1 x CB and 1 x RB as my main targets, as well as a defensive minded midfielder.

My first signing of the summer is Nathaniel Clyne from Arsenal for £3m, closely followed by Balanta for £5, who was available after an unimpressive spell at Barcelona. I've also just signed Oscar Hiljemark for £4.5m, which used up my £11m budget. 7th July and I'm done for the summer, looking forward to next season.

Looking at this for the line-up next season (not necessarily with those same roles):

hkkC4.jpg

Need to name a new Captain, thinking I might go with Eric Dier, who was my first signing when I took over Man Utd for 14/15 season and Villa last year. Delph and Ron Vlaar left the club this summer, along with a bunch of reserves.

A good season 18/19 (went 15 undefeated at the start, plenty of draws though). A poor christmas period and end of the season saw us finish 6th and a loss in the FA Cup Final made me think about leaving but having slept on it I decided to stay.

Michy Batshuayi scored 28 goals and was the top scorer in the league, with Jack Grealish (1st) and Ryan Gauld (3rd) chipping in plenty of assists. Grealish also won the Young Player of the Year. Ryan Gauld's agent retired so I got him signed up for 5 years

Balanta had a decent season but made a few mistake, including OGs and Red Card. Signed Sven Bender from Arsenal in January but he quickly got sent off.

A tycoon took over Norwich and he's been after a few of my player, I convinced Will Hughes to stay but Michy doesn't like me for some reason (he told me as much when he left). Michy went to Norwich for £35m, and knowing he was going I'd already signed his replacement for £14m. Neal Maupay scored 22 in 36 for Roma last season, so hopefully he can fill the void, but he'll need to hit the ground running or I'm in trouble.

7CgqG.jpg

My main target is now someone to play behind Maupay having played Hughes and Gauld there at time last season but they both play better in their natural positions.

I also sold Yilmaz and Agbonlahor wants out, meaning my second choice forward is regen Ajay Hatton, who is yet to score in the few chance I've given him.

RBYxB.jpg

I've got £28.4m left from Michy's transfer so I'm looking at Nick Powell, although there is a decent looking "number 10" available on a free so I might go for him and see where else I can strengthen the squad, given the upcoming Euro League campaign. I've set an optimistic Champions League qualification target, even though I don't feel the squad is there yet but it's more to do with the fact that if I don't get it, I'll probably leave and see what jobs come up after Euro 2020 or whatever. I did have a chance to takeover Bayern who finished 10th in the Bundesliga (after being 5th the season before) and apparently Arsenal's new owner wanted me to replace Anchelotti but that never happened.

Finished 5th in my third season (19/20) - was miles ahead of the rest in 4th but threw it away by conceding late goals in about 6 games on the bounce, including draws with relegation sides, as well as throwing away three points in 2 minutes against Stoke where I went attacking when they pulled one back, looking back, the draw would've been enough to get me in the Champions League.

Played all the hardest teams in Jan/Feb and was comfortably 4th, but another poor end to the season saw City get 4th on GD after Pep Guardiola took over and brought them up from 11th. Not sure I'll do another season, having set a top four target I'm still really annoyed at how the season ended. I'm still yet to accept a new deal so I'll see what happens.

Edit: Grealish won young player of the year and Gauld came second. Arsenal job has just come up after they finished 7th, I'm tempted.

My forth season with Villa (20/21), surprised to have won the league (due to run of 5 and 8 game spells where United and Chelsea respectively, didn't win a game). It was very strange and it went to the final day. I was two points ahead of Chelsea & United and had United to play.

I thought basically if win = league for us, lose = United, draw = Chelsea. Which seemed to be the case as Chelsea went one up. I then got a goal ahead of United as Chelsea threw away the lead, losing to Stoke 2-1. United got a 90th minute goal, and we held on to win the league. Kinda feels a bit quick to have done it, but my 6ft 8 Forward scored a shed load of goals with Neal Maupay missing almost all of the season.

I've since been fending off bids from every major club for my top players. There is a huge Argentian contingency at the club, particularly Velez seem to be producing some good, strong, tall player which is good to see. Carlos Escobar is probably the pick of the bunch and I'dbe confident playing him pretty much anwhere on the pitch.

Ryan Gauld was player of the season, while a French regen was the fan's player, he was supposed to be one for the future, but told me he wanted first team football when I signed another player in his position - I gave him a run and it turned out great.

So far I've brought in two more Argentine players for next season:

Miguel Angel Ramirez

Patricio Cabral (who has had a great pre-season)

Really looking forward to the Champions League next year, and can't see much to improve the squad available. I'd like to make a 'big' signing but I can't see anyone worth going in big for.

I booted up the system last night to start a save with my beloved villa team. Using one of the summer updates as I wanted to be in the save where randy lerner sells the club.

I have changed nothing else.

Anywho,

I have decided that a formation in which i can utilise benteke the most and have delph making runs forward with the ball is the best route to go with this save.

Delph has some decent attriubtes that make him pretty good at getting in the thick of it further up the field. His low tackling and fairly high aggression means he he does give away the odd silly foul or two. The further away he can do that from my box the better!

This is the formation

GK- Defend- Guzan- No brainer really. Strong in the air, decent hands and good reflexes. Solid keeper.

LB- Full Back- Support- Luna. Best of the worst for me. Gutted that we still dont have Bertrand. Will attempt to sign him permanenty in the Jan Window.

RB- Full Back- Support- Lowton- Again not the best full back but solid. Great anticipation and solid defensive stats and ok attacking stats. Solid but unspectacular

CB- Defend- Vlaar- Solid defender. Will be my rock and core of the team. Strong, good in the air hoping he will get on the end of some corners.

CB- Defend- Okore- Potentially a very good centerback, atleast for Villas level. Strong, pretty nippy, solid tadkling and marking. Should compliment Vlaars poor movement.

DM- Anchorman- Defendsive Mid- D- Sylla- Nothing special. But is pretty good physically and will do a job hussling and breaking down attacks.

CM- Attacking- Delph- As mentioned above, good going forward, not overly great at passing, but has good physicals and can dribble. Will be dangerous. Also considered him as a BBM, i have my apprehentions.

CM- DLP/CM- D- Westwood if former- EA if Latter. Westwood can pick a pass and will provide stability in the midfield when delph goes on his runs. Neither spectacualar. But hopefully can do a job.

RW- Winger- A- Grealish- Villas Saviour. Taken from Gardner. Hope his trickery and skill will create some opportunities for himslef and others. Big Future ahead of him!

LW- Winger- A- N'Zogbia- Good pace and dribbling can also get in a good cross or two. He is on an absurd wage for how not spectacular he is so I might as well play him and make the most out of a bad situation

ST- Complete Forward- A- Benteke- I have chosen a complete forward as he has pretty much everything for that role.

I am a little stuck with individual and team instructions.

I want delph to surge forward so I have get forward more often, and dribble more as his instructions.

I have Westwood/KEA set to hold position and Sylla as mark tighter. Hoping to keep them two pretty compact and hard to play through.

Team instructions I have Sit Deeper and Narrow with exploit the flanks, with a counter stratergy and rigid philosophy.

My full backs have sit narrower and cross from deep, again to keep the middle compact If they are going to attack me I want them down the wings, where I feel comfortable in Guzans Aerial Ability and my defenders heading ability. With baker 17 jumping and 18 heading if i notice they are playing the long ball or corssing I will slap him on. No need for pace so much if you are sat deep.

Thought? Suggestions? Comments?

All are welcome!

Thanks guys

UYV

Won the Premier League for the second time, as well as the FA Cup to end my fifth season (21/22). Disappointing in the CL with a Last 16 elimination.

Gauld won Player's Player of The Season and responded by joining Manchester City (who finished 6th) who matched his £35m release clause. By far my best player and arguable the best in the league, rejected my new contract offer and is now making about double of that at City. Ramirez who I signed last year wanted more money and I got £40m for him from Barcelona (£37m profit). Neal Maupey went to Benfica for £16m, Andre Wisdom left for £3.8m to Stoke and got £9m for my second keeper, three deals I was happy with. My top youth prospect is now a free agent and my Fan's Player of The Year as well as 1/2 of my world class central defence both want out, I should get about £85m for those two. I have only signed so far a loanee winger from Barcelona who has hardly paid a competitive game in 3 years (2 1/2 seasons at United).

Having lost 4 of my best players, it'll be difficult to keep the title and I'm struggling for replacements. With about £190m brought in, as well as the £30m, I can see us having a lot of spare change. Randy continues to be stingy, barely adding to my budgets despite being in CL - he still shows no signs of leaving either.

The bargin options have thinned out, so I might have to go big and finally break the Darren Bent transfer record (it's about time). There's loads of top Argentine players coming through my game, so I'm also looking at getting that National job after they had a poor World Cup.

danthemanwhocan, Are you in the 13/14 season?

In my game Grealish is loaned to Notts C and N'Zogbia has a long term injury.

Might be to soon to relay on Grealsih as a regular starter as well.

What sort of feed back are you looking for? Tactics? Transfers? Other?

I'd love to see how Jordan Graham, Jack Greilish & Joshua Webb have developed in someones save because they look like very good prospects

I'd love to see how Jordan Graham, Jack Greilish & Joshua Webb have developed in someones save because they look like very good prospects

From 2022: I never had Webb, Grealish has been one of my two best players and Graham, despite never having a proper run in the first team, has been quality when called upon (played in nearly all cup game including Champions League). Graham & Grealish also happen to be the only players at the club who were there before me.

Grealish:

Attributes

Career Stats

Graham:

Attributes

Webb:

Attributes

Career Stats

If you want any other screen shots, let me know.

From 2022: I never had Webb, Grealish has been one of my two best players and Graham, despite never having a proper run in the first team, has been quality when called upon (played in nearly all cup game including Champions League). Graham & Grealish also happen to be the only players at the club who were there before me.

Grealish:

Attributes

Career Stats

Graham:

Attributes

Webb:

Attributes

Career Stats

If you want any other screen shots, let me know.

Thanks those were the main 3 I was interested in as they were highly rated

Wouldn't mind seeing Gardner, Siergest (Spelling) and Burke if not to much trouble.

None of these were still at the club when I took over. Burke retired when Villa released him.

Gardner, seems he was poorly managed as I seem to remember seeing him at the start of the game and thinking he looked decent

Attributes

Career Stats

Siegrist

Attributes

Career Stats