FM14 TACTIC - "THE FULCRUM" - Back to Back Promotions + Cup Win

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks

Looks a major problem if players will sign for clubs in lower division but not enter into negotiations with a promoted club.

Funnily enough, when I got out of league 2 my reputation picked up a lot so it might be a bottle neck.

I built new training facilities & won the Johnston's trophy that season so that would of helped.

Now it's not really an issue, in pre-season b4 my 1st championship campaign and I have a higher rep than Aston Villa.

I'm not home from work until tonight but I'm pretty sure it was Lawson D'ath who got me out of league 2 with 19 league goals from midfield. I would have used him in league 1 but he mugged me off and wouldn't renew his contract. He then joined chesterfield and scored against me home & away.......Grrrrrr

Check out his stats, his finishing was 13 by the time I finished with him.

He's no Messi, but great for league 2, good for league 1.

If you can find a natural MC who can finish you are good to go.

Wahey! Chesterfield are doing something right then! :D

Won 10 Drew 8 Lost 4 Goals 31 Against 23

With the squad i have that is bloody impressive.

Wanted to strengthen my squad in January, but cannot sell anyone(ridiculous)

Will update

Thats good to hear, surprised you haven't scored a few more goals?

errr, my new Star Centre Back has failed to turn up for training twice in a week and has been seen out clubbing in Stockport both times............

Has Coco Savannah's re-opened??

Believe it or not he's called Eddie Murphy..... is this some kind of sick joke??

This is not looking good................

Starting to win games again and not conceding much, However my strikers are not scoring much. The F9 and P combo seems to be struggling post patch. Ive got 1 world class striker, 2 top strikers and 1 very good young one(2 suited to F9/support and 2 suited to poacher). and im the best team in Czech league so I should be smashing them in.

Starting to win games again and not conceding much, However my strikers are not scoring much. The F9 and P combo seems to be struggling post patch. Ive got 1 world class striker, 2 top strikers and 1 very good young one(2 suited to F9/support and 2 suited to poacher). and im the best team in Czech league so I should be smashing them in.

i'm working on a few things now that might help with that.

I'm not home from work until tonight but I'm pretty sure it was Lawson D'ath who got me out of league 2 with 19 league goals from midfield. I would have used him in league 1 but he mugged me off and wouldn't renew his contract. He then joined chesterfield and scored against me home & away.......Grrrrrr

Check out his stats, his finishing was 13 by the time I finished with him.

He's no Messi, but great for league 2, good for league 1.

If you can find a natural MC who can finish you are good to go.

Good call on D'Arth - he's doing the business for me in L1!

Who have you got at left back? Another of my problem positions :)

1st season with this tactic I finished 2nd with Everton and won the FA cup. Following season Im 2nd in the league, through to quarter finals of Champions League, got beat in Carling cup final (I think my squad is a little small).

I usually prefer to play wingers but this tactic is very good and Baines has been top assist for me.

2nd season I signed Negredo from Citeh on the cheap, 28 goals in all comp as poacher as it stands.

1st season with this tactic I finished 2nd with Everton and won the FA cup. Following season Im 2nd in the league, through to quarter finals of Champions League, got beat in Carling cup final (I think my squad is a little small).

I usually prefer to play wingers but this tactic is very good and Baines has been top assist for me.

2nd season I signed Negredo from Citeh on the cheap, 28 goals in all comp as poacher as it stands.

Nice one. And Baines must be a nightmare on this tactic :lol:

Here is my result with Farnborough after the first season. After a shakey start, the turning point came once the tactic hit 100% familiarity. Just got nobbed 7-1 in the Playoff Semi though, maybe next season.

4dll.jpg

Working great with Weston-Super-Mare. Predicted 17th, currently top after 15 games. Tristan Plummer has 17 goals (poacher role). The only weird thing is every so often I'll lose a game after dominating e.g. I have 26 shots and score 1 they have 2 and score from both, annoying but I'm accepting it at present. Might look at tweaking at some point but haven't touched a thing so far.

Here is my result with Farnborough after the first season. After a shakey start, the turning point came once the tactic hit 100% familiarity. Just got nobbed 7-1 in the Playoff Semi though, maybe next season.

4dll.jpg

Thanks for that feedback.

Would you mind adding 'pass into space' to the team instructions for next season and let me know how you get on.

I'm testing it myself and it seems to help.

Thanks

One thing iv noticed is the lack of CCC's i have a lot of matches where ill have like 20-30 shots but ill be lucky to get 2 half chances. But i dont have an out and out poacher so that might be the issue?

I've been working on this and nothing seems to make any difference.

Our opponents get very few CCC as well.

I had my striker follow up a shot which rebounded off the cross bar, he passed it into an empty net from inside the 6 yard box. Even this was not considered a CCC.

I think there are things hard coded into the current version of the match engine which are very difficult to influence with tactics.

ive tinkered with it a bit .

so far my fbs are on tight marking

up top ive stopped the false nine holding up the ball , and the poacher is now an advanced forward

working a treat for me

thanks

FB's were already on tight marking.

2 months into my championship campaign and things going well.

vxzb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kq99.jpg

5 clean sheets in a row.

The most recent game.

ubjy.jpg

Shutting down our opponent. No Clear Cut Chances, no Half Chances

Shots.

wwg3.jpg

No clear cut chances picked up for us either in this game, but lots of shots from inside the penalty area

Won 10 Drew 8 Lost 4 Goals 31 Against 23

With the squad i have that is bloody impressive.

Wanted to strengthen my squad in January, but cannot sell anyone(ridiculous)

Will update

Had a bit of a mare this morning, gone from 10 8 4 to 13 9 9 with no fault of the tactic.

It started when i led 2-0 v Sunderland, they had not had 1 decent effort, then we got a straight red and we ended up losing 2-3 with their last 2 goals coming in the 91st and 94th minutes.

We then had Man Utd at OT and despite creating twice as many chances, we somehow lost 4-0???

Then Home to Chelsea, they had more shots, but again we created all the good chances, lost 0-1 and we had a good goal disallowed???

Just played Spurs in my last game and held a 1-0 lead at HT with the only good chance created, we lost 2-1 to 2 penalties which were the only chances they had.

Benteke has stopped scoring, my star midfielder is out for the season and my DM has been banned for 5 games.

Other than that all's well.

Started badly with this tactic but since my tactics became fluid everything changed, went from 18th and fearing relegation to finishing 10th in the Premier league with Forest only losing one out of my last 10 games and getting manager of the month twice. Looking forward to the new season, hoping for a top 10 finish.

Started badly with this tactic but since my tactics became fluid everything changed, went from 18th and fearing relegation to finishing 10th in the Premier league with Forest only losing one out of my last 10 games and getting manager of the month twice. Looking forward to the new season, hoping for a top 10 finish.

2nd season the tactic should be fully fluid by mid August.

I read something on another thread from a mod in which he said YOU WILL go through bad patches like in real life pretty much everyone has bad patches its just a case of sticking with it. I think he went on to use Palace as an example last season and some other teams just because you lose 3 in a row doesnt mean you still cant get promoted. i think the lack of sliders and new ME mean there arnt tactics you can just plug and play and win every game.

Overall this is a very good solid tactic but youve still got to buy the right players and keep them happy and tweak the tactic for different teams, conditions, etc.

I started using Mr U's tactic about a third of the way through my first season with the Daggers. We steamrolled that division and got promoted! The second season in L1 was tough and we finished mid table. I persevered with the tactic for the following season and this was the outcome:

6oUpzDxl.png

What was the difference between this season and last? Players. Virtually all of the first team I used last season left as I didnt renew their contacts. I kept two players and went to market. My key purchases were the two strikers and the advanced midfielder (thanks for the tip on D'Art Mr U!).

Here's our results from mid January:

v9rg058l.png

BTW, this is in FM Classic mode. Also worth noting that I added 'pass into space' mid March.

Thanks for making my life easier Mr U :)

Strange one this; I'm top of the table after 5 games with 4 wins, we've only scored 5 goals and there are only 3 players in my entire 25 man squad with an average rating of 7 or over. I've never seen such bizarre stats in all my years of playing FM/CM. Anybody else experiencing similar things with this tactic, or is it just the game?

Version 2.

Strange one this; I'm top of the table after 5 games with 4 wins, we've only scored 5 goals and there are only 3 players in my entire 25 man squad with an average rating of 7 or over. I've never seen such bizarre stats in all my years of playing FM/CM. Anybody else experiencing similar things with this tactic, or is it just the game?

Version 2.

Yeh im getting that since full release, getting decent resaults, even beat inter 4 nil both home and away with my czech side, however player ratings and goals are so low.

Not sure weather tactic issue or game bug

Finished the season 7th and 15 13 10.

That was good going when you consider injuries/bans etc

We walloped both teams in our last 2 games, creating loads of ccc's and half chances, but somehow drew both games.

In pre-season of season 2, happy with the players i've brought in, will update soon.

Finished the season 7th and 15 13 10.

That was good going when you consider injuries/bans etc

We walloped both teams in our last 2 games, creating loads of ccc's and half chances, but somehow drew both games.

In pre-season of season 2, happy with the players i've brought in, will update soon.

Sounds promising.... nice one. Who do have for the MC/Advanced Playmaker position out of interest?

So I started a game with Aston Villa - no Money, no waqes and injuries to key members from start. Fulcrum V2 is doing the job. won 3-1 home vs Arsenal and 4-1 away vs. Norwich. Several players out of position/role. On the plus side most of the teams midfielders are BTB. Benteke + Hutton are class.

Benteke was a slow learner as F9 in the pre-season matches, but has scored 4 in the two PL-matches after Agbonlahore returned from injury. Also nice football to watch in general. The shoots/on target stats are also decent/realistic around the 14/6-mark. Seen many complaining of more than 40 chances/match. SI are looking into this - the average in PL irl last year was 14.

Anyway the tactic seems to do the trick as it is...haven't tried "pass into space" recommended elsewhere...we'll see.

Cheers

Been using this with Leeds. Started off really badly and I was rumoured to be one game from the sack! But as the team got more familiar with the tactic we improved and I'm unbeaten in 10. Gone from 22nd up to 7th. Scoring isnt a problem and I've only failed to score once this season. Letting in quite a lot though, notably five in a 5-5 draw with Charlton! And struggling to see games out too, often going two up only to end up drawing.

Edit to say most goals conceded are coming from out wide... about 80% of opposition assists coming from wide positions.

Been using this with Leeds. Started off really badly and I was rumoured to be one game from the sack! But as the team got more familiar with the tactic we improved and I'm unbeaten in 10. Gone from 22nd up to 7th. Scoring isnt a problem and I've only failed to score once this season. Letting in quite a lot though, notably five in a 5-5 draw with Charlton! And struggling to see games out too, often going two up only to end up drawing.

Edit to say most goals conceded are coming from out wide... about 80% of opposition assists coming from wide positions.

Match training on defensive positioning might be better in that case.

So I started a game with Aston Villa - no Money, no waqes and injuries to key members from start. Fulcrum V2 is doing the job. won 3-1 home vs Arsenal and 4-1 away vs. Norwich. Several players out of position/role. On the plus side most of the teams midfielders are BTB. Benteke + Hutton are class.

Benteke was a slow learner as F9 in the pre-season matches, but has scored 4 in the two PL-matches after Agbonlahore returned from injury. Also nice football to watch in general. The shoots/on target stats are also decent/realistic around the 14/6-mark. Seen many complaining of more than 40 chances/match. SI are looking into this - the average in PL irl last year was 14.

Anyway the tactic seems to do the trick as it is...haven't tried "pass into space" recommended elsewhere...we'll see.

Cheers

Back to earth...after a lucky 1-1 away against Man City I lost 3 in a row against mediocre teams, then twice 1-1 and won 0-1 away against Southampton. The morale has taken a hit, and we're looking like a midtable team, which of course is pretty realistic. Looking forward to the tactic being fluent in a month or so :-)

Can anybody tell me how much money you get from the tv-dealt after the first season? I think it was like 60 mill. in FM13.

Worked a treat for me in my first season with Weston-Super-Mare. Predicted 17th, came top by 16 points. Scored 114 goals in the league with my front two getting 79 of them. Won the FA trophy at a canter too. Didn't alter a thing with the tactic, kept training on tactics at very high level all season with teamwork as the match training. Ta very much Mr Rosler.

Archived