FM14: Newcastle United - Vive La Revolution

james_wilko

@james_wilko

Have you been feeding the poor boy steroids?!?! :lol: You've done a great job there, turned him into an excellent all round attacking player :thup:

His strength is still languishing down at 7 for me at moment. He's got a bit of catching up to do to where he is on your save, but I'm a few seasons behind. Seems to be responding well to training in one of the more creative forward roles at the moment.

Steak and weights, perfect combination. :lol:

Basically had him working just on strength in season two, that bumped it up quite a bit. Since season 3 he`s been on a deep lying forward training schedule which incorporates strength, all the good creative stats and his finishing.

Really firing this season, in 10(1) he has 14 goals. Machine.

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steak and weights, perfect combination. :lol:

Basically had him working just on strength in season two, that bumped it up quite a bit. Since season 3 he`s been on a deep lying forward training schedule which incorporates strength, all the good creative stats and his finishing.

Really firing this season, in 10(1) he has 14 goals. Machine.

Plan on spending the 2nd season doing the same, as it seems the other stats don't need too much help to improve. Debating whether to send him out on loan for the second half of the season, get him some game time at the top of Championship.

________

1225809172___Newcastle_United_Banner.png

Well, after a great season, it was that busy time of year, the summer transfer market. My plans were to replace the outgoing Remy, and make the squad a little more English, along with hold onto star players. That is, unless I was offered huge sums of money. Firstly, these are the budgets I have been handed by the board.

xuSRltz.png

So, decent budgets. Nothing spectacular, but a squad overhaul is not needed. not yet anyway, however I do plan on spending all of the budget. And this is what I got in the summer sales....

So, busy in the North-East! First signing was free agent Jason Holt. The Scottish midfielder could be a useful player in the future. Now to Duvan Zapata, who I have brought in to fill the void of Loic Remy. He looks outstanding, and could be a real steal. Ashley Young comes in on loan from Man United, to provide the depth on the wings, after attempts to sign Eduardo Salvio were rebuffed by Benfica. Another free signing, Adam Smith joins as a potential English squad player in the coming seasons. Next up is young Danish winger Alexander Fraysse, who looks like a potential star of the future. Guido Pizarro joins from Tigres to provide more depth in midfield, as Ekdal moves out on loan. Martin Kelly comes in a versatile defender, who may be the right player to replace Coloccini in the future, and provide the backup to the defence.The final signing of the summer is that of Benoit Costil. He comes in as Tim Krul's no. 2, allowing me to send Mattia Perin out on loan to get some much needed game time to improve.

On top of that, I didn't lose any of the club's major players, despite plenty of interest and bids for them. Davide Santon was the most sought after, with Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund and Juventus all making bids in the region of £20m. Normally I would sell at that price, but after a scouring of the market, I failed to find a sutiable replacement. From now, anyone sold will be replaced by an English player(although not always).

So, with the added pressures of Europa League this season, meaning a potential 19 extra matches this season should I go all the way, hence the bulkier-looking squad.

Europa League Draw

2du9it1.png

FK Baumit Jablonec

The Czech side are the team to face me in the qualifying round. Despite some decent players, this should be a fairly straightforward win for the team.

Don`t think a loan is the way to go. Get him tutored, put him on a good training schedule and give him some game time and he`ll be set.

Good signings you`ve made there, well except for Ashley Young who I wouldn`t touch with a barge pole. How much of his wages are you paying?

Don`t think a loan is the way to go. Get him tutored, put him on a good training schedule and give him some game time and he`ll be set.

Good signings you`ve made there, well except for Ashley Young who I wouldn`t touch with a barge pole. How much of his wages are you paying?

I have played him in a few lower key games, but he still isn't at the right level.

Ashley Young isn't a bad player on FM. I'm paying 50% of them, but he has had some decent performances so far this season

I would also highly recommend keeping your eye on Duvan Zapata. Cost me £6.5m, and has been a revelation, solving my lack of goals from the strikers with 14 goals in 12 apps, and it's only October!! Currently on the "Complete Forward" schedule, so I can round his stats off as they are.

03c0b-050afb18-261d-4f3e-9c93-0e0b67db7526.png

@DandyDon he cost £2.3m from Tigres(if you click "Transfers", it opens the image ;)). Been brilliant so far playing as a Regista. Kept Tiote and Anita out thus far.

Stupidly I'd clicked on the individual players to check them out, never even noticed "Transfer" was a link too :p Top marks for observation on my part!

Good business for £15.6 million overall though.

@Dandydon I agree. Not sure whether the best signing has been Pizarro or Zapata, both playing really well for me at the moment. Costil has become my 'Cup' GK, playing every European and Capital One/FA Cup game. Hopefully the move is good all round, as now I have Perin out on loan at Cheivo where he is playing every game, whichh should do wonders for him, as he only played a handful of games last season.

Not really had a lot of decent newgens so far. One in particular is at Dortmund, but they want £23m for him. Really great defender too, and interested! Hoping to get more English in, but they are all really high priced at the moment. Will Hughes has requested a transfer at Derby, but they want £14m, which I don't have at the moment. Keeping an eye on the situation though.

Mid-Season 2014-2015

Hopefully I could emulate the successful season I had last, although with many of the top teams strengthening significantly(Mandzukic to Arsenal, El Shaarway to Chelsea, De Bruyne to Man City, Ander and Asamoah to Man United) means it will be very hard...

PRE-SEASON

Four wins out of four in pre-season, with plenty of players getting themselves into gear for the new season. Good to see Vietto starting to get amongst the goals too.

Duvan-Zapata-Maglia-Napoli-620x350.jpg

Duvan Zapata(left) has made an instant impact since his move to Newcastle, with 18 goals so far.

PREMIER LEAGUE

Again, we start with a great run of form. Disappointing defeats against Stoke(which we led 2-0), and Sheffield Wednesday(where the reserves simply didn't turn up), and then a thriller against Man United, which saw us lose to a injury time winner. An eleven game unbeaten run asserted us with the top teams, along with key wins over Arsenal and Chelsea, and obviously the derby win against S*nderland.

JHFZDVm.png

We currently find ourselves top of the league, with a two point gap between us and Arsenal. We are also the top-scoring team in the division, a feat largely helped by goals from Tadic, Zapata and Ben Arfa.

EUROPA LEAGUE

After disposing of Jablonec, we faced what turned out to be a tricky draw against Levski. Depsite losing the first leg, we turned ourselves around and defeated them well. A tough group consisting of CSKA Moscow, NK Dinamo and Slovan Liberec stood ahead. We cam through the group without defeat, winning the group relatively easily in the end, putting us through to the Knockout stages.

dJcgZr1.png

Awaiting us in the next round is Portuguese side Braga, with one of Dynamo Kyiv or CSKA Moscow awaiting in the following round.

CAPITAL ONE CUP

Facing an all-Premier League run through, we managed to defeat both Manchester United and Arsenal, along with a win over Cardiff. We face Sheffield Wednesday in the semi-final, with S*nderland or Manchester City awaiting in the final.

Top Scorers; Duvan Zapata(18 goals), Dusan Tadic, Hatem Ben Arfa(10 goals), Luciano Vietto, Keisuke Honda(7 goals)

Most Assists; Hatem Ben Arfa(10 assists), Duvan Zapata(9 assists), Dusan Tadic(8 assists)

Highest Av. Rating; Duvan Zapata(7.57), Moussa Sissoko(7.55), Keisuke Honda(7.37)

OTHER NEWS

achNsGP.png

Great news as St James Park is expanded to 60,000.

X6T08ks.png

Even more good news, as usually tight-fisted owner Mike Ashley hands me an extra £8m to spend!

Also, it looks like Davide Santon will be on his way out of St James Park in January, with PSG having made a £28m bid for his services, which is above what I valued him at. The search now begins for his replacement.

UNBELIEVABLE FM; A Football Manager Blog

Finished 2nd in my first season. Into my 2nd season now, I have Porto in the knock out rounds of the Champions League and I'm sitting at the top of the premier league. Just hit January, Diame, Tiote and Cisse have just gone to ACON.

I need a ball winner while they're away, any suggestions?

Finished 2nd in my first season. Into my 2nd season now, I have Porto in the knock out rounds of the Champions League and I'm sitting at the top of the premier league. Just hit January, Diame, Tiote and Cisse have just gone to ACON.

I need a ball winner while they're away, any suggestions?

Take a look at Joshua Guilavogui, would be a good stand in. Although, Anita can be really good in DM if you still have him.

Winter Transfers 2014-2015

So, a great start of the season. However as I quickly explained in the last update, I had received a sizeable bid from PSG for Davide Santon, which I couldn't turn down. Without giving away too much, this is how the January window played out...

TRANSFERS

So, the Santon transfer was completed on the fourth day of the window. It took my just 4 days to replace him, with Swansea's Ben Davies moving to Tyneside. £10.5m was slightly more than I wanted to pay, but a good young British full-back comes at a premium, and the price isn't so bad considering Southampton wanted a whopping £29m for Luke Shaw, my previous target. That was it until right at the very end of the window, which saw three players join the ranks, including two on loan. Eduardo Salvio came in(again) due an injury to Tadic, along with the increased amount of fixtures. The second loanee is Joshua Guilavogui, who comes in as a short term replacement for Cheick Tiote, who after being unhappy due to no game time, moved onto Rubin for a paltry £4.5m. The final signing of the window was that of Egyptian magician Mohamed Salah from Basel, who comes in to provide big competition and maybe as a replacement for Hatem Ben Arfa. We managed to beat off interest from Lazio, Atletico Madrid and Marseille to sign up the player.

PRE-CONTRACT SIGNINGS

I have also managed to agree pre-contract agreements for two players, both of whom will join on July 1st. Firstly, we will be welcoming Spanish midfielder Sergi Roberto from Barcelona, who has even take an pay cut to join! Seen as an eventual replacement for Yohan Cabaye(who turns 30 next year), has a real creative spark.Secondly, Serbian attacking midfielder Marko Pavlovski joins from OFK Beograd. At 21 he looks like he could be a great midfielder in the future. He will have to go on loan to Westerlo until he gains citizenship.

That wraps up my transfers for the winter, next update will be the end of season roundup, which will hopefully bring good news!!

Anita was a total ****. Played about 16 games in the first season then starts moaning. Transfer listed him and no teams came forward so he asked to come off the transfer list. The following season he started piping up again. Flogged him for 12m to Arsenal.

Ended up signing Capoue from spurs for 3.5m, can cover CB also. Seeing as Colo is out for another 2 months, total of 4 months iirc (tendonitis)

edit/

Signed Rodrigo on loan from Real Madrid, the striker they signed for 17m from that portugal side. 3 months loan deal that is, wouldn't of done it had Campbell been fully fit.

Into season 2015.

The back four is Victor Valdes, Corchia, Taylor, Papastathopoulos, Digne.

Sold most of the old team by and only really have Krul, Taylor and Vuckic left with Campbell being out on loan.

Loaned in Lucas Digne for LB and signed in Rodwell, Corchia, Gorkhan Tore and Sergi Roberto for free..

I got Alexandre Pato in 2014 and he still can't score goals :brock:. It's really a pain when you spend £25m on a striker who just doesn't perform.

Any ideas to help are most welcome as I can't afford and sub-par season. I even have Rene Meulensteen as assistant manager coaching the strikers.The good thing that Ashley sold the club.

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, your my only hope :D

Dzeko has been good for me, but Cisse has been out performing him in a Advanced striker role.

The ex inter owner has just bought the club, he wants to replace me with Droopy face. :rolleyes:

Sitting top of the league in march, although Man utd have 3 games in hand and are only 1 point behind me and Chelsea.

End of Season 2014-2015

We started the season with a real show of intent, heading into the new year top of the table, and still battling in all competitions. As games started to pile up, would the congestion become a problem, or would the team fight through it and prevail???

PREMIER LEAGUE 1 - PREMIER LEAGUE 2

Just one defeat in the final half of the season, a game we should have won. Another small blip in January with three draws, but the side picked up their ruthless side, with two 6-0 wins, and only failing to score in two of the last 19 games. The title race went right to the final match of the season, with Arsenal going 2-0 up in their match very early. We needed to win to be sure of lifting the Premier League, and two late goals from the ever-superb Zapata and the upcoming Vietto sealed the club's title!!

IiBBN11.png

What a season! Asserting ourselves in amongst the top four or five was the real aim of the season, but instead we manage to find ourselves lifting the title. The best scoring team in the Premier League, which no doubt helped the side. Winning by 1 point in the end was a sweet victory.

_70561760_sissokobody.jpg

Moussa Sissoko dominated midfield with a string of fine performances

FA CUP

We managed to make it to the semi-final, before losing narrowly to Spurs.

CAPITAL ONE CUP

A trophy in the bag! Battling our way through an all Premier League run, we lifted the trophy after penalty shoot-out.

EUROPA LEAGUE GROUP - EUROPA LEAGUE RESULTS 1 - EUROPA LEAGUE RESULTS 2

We came through what could have been a tricky group as winners. A great comeback against Braga saw us through to face CSKA Moscow(again), who we saw off, before a huge meeting against Bayern Munich. A great showing against the German giants, but we missed out on the final by a single goal. Overall a very pleasing performance for the team.

PLAYERS

An incredible season saw so many players perform well. Five players into double figures in goalscoring, along with four double figures in the assists charts. All but two players managing a Av. Rating of 7 or above, which is pleasing. Zapata the real standout up top, blitzing to a grand total of 44 goals in 61 appearances, along with 16 assists to boot.

The three standout performers for the season. Captain Fantastic led the side by example, being a rock and a leader throughout. Sissoko was exceptional in the midfield, working 110% every game. There isn't much else to say about the incredible Zapata, who found the net in style, which helped the season be a success.

Top Scorers; Duvan Zapata(44 goals), Dusan Tadic(17 goals), Sebastian Giovinco(13 goals)

Assist Leaders; Duvan Zapata, Dusan Tadic(16 assists), Sebastian Giovinco(12 assists), Hatem Ben Arfa(11 assists)

Again, our Youth Intake provided some pleasing results for the second season, providing two promising youngsters...

Kris Angel - Daniel Emery - Bob Oliver

Kris Angel looks to have the makings of a very good striker, whilst Emery looks like he could be set for a bright future in the Newcastle midfield. Finally, Bob Oliver, who came through in last year's intake has slipped almost unnoticed by me, and looks to be another player with a bright future.

-------

Aims for Next Season

After another stellar season, we are now looking to continue the progression into the next season. Hopefully when the budgets are unveiled n the summer, I can start planning potential transfer targets. However, I don't expect a lot of incoming players unless someone is sold, and I may decide to spend the cash I get on young talent to nurture.

The Champions League is a big one for us, will give us a good chance of seeing how close(or far away) we are from the big boys. Again, Trying to get more English talent through is something I want to do. With Southampton relegated, it is possible some of those quality British youngsters can be picked up to do just that. Also, I expect this to be the season that we finally see young Adam Campbell come through properly, after a fairly good loan spell at Fulham hopefully giving him the confidence to play in the Premier League.

Start of season 2016

Players in:

Goalkeeper

Jack Butland. £3.1 million. He is being mentored by Victor Valdes and will play in cup matches and easier home games.

Defenders

Stefano Diswell(Cen Def) £3.8m. Rated at 3.5 stars but likely to improve. At age 23 he will be mentored :).

Ayermic Lapotre(Cen Def). Free transfers from scouting. Rated at 3 stars but will provide cover as I'll need it due to EURO Cup.

Juan Jesus(Cen Def) Free Transfer. Another Brazilian to the team. Worth 9m and will develop into a leading star according to scouts.

Midfield

Josh McEachran - £600k. Now worth almost £3m. Chelsea didn't want him but he will develop and useful for loan fees.

Oguzhan Ozyagup - Free Transer. Turkingish international and promising youngster according to scouts.

Will Hughes. Free Transfer. Good Cover for the midfield and being a youngster has room to improve.

Wesley Snieijder - Free Transfer. At 32 he is on the decline but a good mentor and hopefully future coach :).

This season Chelsea are knocking on the door Vitinho and the current offer is £20m. I'll keep him for now though ;). Along with Pato, Alex Sandro, Juan Jesus he brings some flair to the team.

Aim is to make the club more financially secure this year and for once I have made more selling players than buying.

If any is wondering, I don't watch real football so players I buy are entirely based on in-game scouts :).

2015-2016 Transfer Update

After winning the Premier League, and subsequently qualifying for the Champions League, we looked again to strengthen the squad to deal with the extra games. With two players already signed up last season, who else could we recruit this summer before my Champions League debut?

TRANSFERS(IN) - TRANSFERS(OUT)

So, the first deal made was the signing of Xabi Alonso on loan from Real Madrid. He will add some extra experience and quality in midfield, along with being useful for mentoring youngsters. Next up is the Colombian defender Eder Alvarez Balanta, who joins for a bargain £4.1m, and will add depth to the defence, as well as a potential replacement for Coloccini. Following him through the door is the two previously-agreed transfers of Sergi Roberto and Marko Pavlovski. Sergi will be groomed to replace Cabaye, whilst hopefully Pavlovski will improve into a top midfielder. Hassan Ali is a quality young right back who could become a world class player. Stipe Miletic is a young GK, we beat several big clubs to his signature. Finally James Ward-Prowse joins from relegated Southampton for a fee of £6m.

Leaving the club is mainly players that are no longer required by the club, along with a plethora of loan deals.

PRE-SEASON RESULTS

A solid pre-season, undefeated, and plenty of players finding match-fitness. It was topped with a win in the traditional season opener Community Shield, won by a brace from Zapata.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

FMyO4ma.png

A tricky but winnable group in the Champions League. We meet Dinamo for the second season in a row in Europe, and hopefully we can get the better of them and the other teams to progress.

Bit of a latecomer to this thread, and FM14 for that matter. Couldn't stay away :D

Just finished my first season and seemed to follow the usual pattern of transfers - Marveaux(£6.5m)/Jonas(£5.2m)/Obertan(£4.5m) leaving for inflated fees, as well as some fringe players that just aren't good enough to provide competent, reliable cover. Notable transfers in were Fraser Forster to provide cover for Krul, Tom Ince as a much better backup/squad player than Obertan, and Leandro Damiao for a mere £4.2m! I've seen people say elsewhere that Damiao is not as good as he has been in previous versions. This is the first time I've signed him, so if this is true then I'm kicking myself for never signing him sooner! He finished with 24 goals in 29 league games and won the Footballer of the Year

The season started brightly, the first match being a 3-0 win at the Stadium of Plight. That victory seemed to propel us forward into what proved to be a fantastic season in which we were only beaten twice, both times at Old Trafford (League and League Cup). Highlights included a 7-0 victory at Brighton in the FA cup (revenge for the past two seasons irl) and a 6-0 drubbing of Arsenal.

Tactics wise, I've been following the advice in this thread, the thought of a high pressure attacking tactic did excite me a little, and I was not disappointed. It seemed that, with the addition of Ince, we had the perfect squad to give this style a go.

Well, the end of a rather successful 2016-17 - Euro Cup winners, V Stoke of all teams and qualified for Champion's League. The richest club in the World, Arsenal have just raided me to the tune of £80 million and taken Ward-Prowse and Damiao off my, got Fierro as back up for forward line and just signed Benzia on a free. Not sure who will sill in MC as not sure if Pugliese is ready yet...oh well fingers crossed.

Merry Christmas folks, clearly I've been a good boy this year as Santa brought me a copy of fm14 - very unexpected as I thought fm13 was to be my swansong!

I turned NUFC into a footballing dynasty on the last version winning everything under the sun so I'm keen to replicate or go even further here. Focus will be to buy and develop Homegrown & English talent with one notable exception being I want to bring Lukaku in to lead my attack.

I've seen a couple of peeps on here try something similar and think its a good dynamic to add to the game. Preferred tactic is a 442 with an ideal front pairing of Adam Campbell and Lukaku - Campbell was a beast on my old save and went on to become NUFC record scorer before 24 birthday and I'm keen to replicate. I'm also going to place special emphasis on developing young Adam Armstrong as I've heard very good things about him in real life and think it would be fantastic to live the John Hall dream of two Geordies leading your line!

Modern Warfare was my tactic of choice in the last game but was wondering if anyone was any notable 442 tactics they can recommend?

Really excited to start this Howay the toon!

Geordie_Gaz - Damiao was exceptional for me, may not have the best stats but...wow he knocks in the goals - became a club icon till Arsenal broke the bank for him.
He's currently in favoured personnel for me. Still in pre-season 2014/15, but he was awarded fans player of the year too. Cisse and Remy dont even get a sniff!

Mid-Season 2015-2016

As the dust settled on a good pre-season, we went into the season hoping to continue our meteoric rise. This season included the club's first venture into the Champions League under my guidance too. Could I proceed in the right direction?

PREMIER LEAGUE

Despite three straight wins in the opening games, the form started to falter, with the team failing to find the consistency that led us to the league title the previous season. The goals continued to flow, but the defence continued to leak goals, which made it very hard to win games, despite dominating many of them. However two key wins were the thumping of a unspectacular Chelsea(5-0) and a derby domination against S*nderland(2-0). During the inconsistency, my job was classed as "Insecure", but the revival towards the end of the year helped quash that.

BUVL11q.png

So, despite the form, we still find ourselves towards the top of the league. Man United look poised to storm ahead with their games in hand, but hopefully we can continue our form into the new year and keep on their heels. Despite our iffy form, we are still the second-best defence in the division, which is a pleasant surprise, whilst we are also the second most proficient team in front of goal.

886113-14869129-640-360.jpg

Tadic has put his indifferent 18 months at the club behind him, becoming one of the first names on the team-sheet with some impressive performances out wide.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

We managed to find our form in Europe, which could have been a knock-on effect to our league form, with much of the poorer results coming after games in Europe. The massive highlight of the group stage was that outstanding win over a tough Marseille team, which was one of the very best performances during my tenure at the club.

PlhIuo6.png

Well, after finishing second in the group, we knew we would be potentially facing one of the big boys of the competition, and boy was I right....

nIK2kFq.png

Nine time Champions League winners Real Madrid await. In what should be a major game in my time as manager, if we perform to the levels we are capable of, we can certainly give Real a run for their mega-money.

CAPITAL ONE CUP

One game, a defeat to QPR, as we turned out our reserve team with more important matches in the season.

OTHER NEWS

xj8ew2g.png

So, out goes Mike Ashley, in comes Harry Mullen as a consortium takes over the club.

yYRhD23.png

VFVRd5X.png

VFVRd5X.png

Ing0ICi.png

I like this new chairman already!!! Straight away, we get huge budget, plus an upgrade to facilities!! Good start under the new guy, hopefully we can push on with that new onus!

next up....January Transfer update....

Started up my annual Newcastle United save earlier yesterday - after a up and down first half to the season I've really kicked on after settling down into a 442 that really works.

Made no signings to begin with, and plodded along up to January with what was there adequately - even giving Shola a few starts. He started in Derby, scoring from the spot in a 4-1 win that secured Poyet's departure.

Signings for January; I brought in Honda from CSKA on a free, and he was joined by Aleksandar Mitrović from Anderlecht to replace an outgoing and anaemic Pappis Cisse.

Come January I also brought Obertan in from the wilderness of the reserves and gave him a start on the right wing as a WM(A) - and he hasn't disappointed!!

The first set are from the most recent game, where he terrorised Palace's left back, and crossed for two Mitrovic headers!

Screen_Shot_2013_12_27_at_22_34_20.png

6uxmuvj73

Screen_Shot_2013_12_27_at_22_49_47.png

Screen_Shot_2013_12_27_at_22_54_02.png

Screen_Shot_2013_12_27_at_22_35_23.png

Screen_Shot_2013_12_27_at_23_00_50.png

@tommonufc good to see you return to the Toon thread :D

Good start there, some good signings too to complement the side. I did manage to keep the majority of the original starting XI in the first season, just really depth that is the problem, along with the fact Cisse never seems to find the net.

Winter Transfers 2015-2016

As I look to finally find a consistent run of form this season, I had what could be a very important transfer window to negotiate, with plenty of interest in top stars such as Hatem Ben Arfa, Yohan Cabaye, Mathieu Debuchy and Duvan Zapata. Would I be able to hold onto them, and continue to improve the squad?

TRANSFERS

First up sees another Goalkeeper come in, as Sayed Salah joins on a free transfer. Already he looks a good GK, and will improve even more. Next was Christian Ulmer, who looks like he has all the makings to become a wonderful defender or midfielder, a decision I need to make soon to maximize his potential. Third transfer is Jorge Guzman who comes from Peru, and is another player who has the world at his feet. Carlos Fierro comes in to the side, who already looks like a very good forward, and will hopefully add some extra depth to the frontline. The final incoming transfer is that of Giovanni Falone, who joins from Cagliari, with a lot of potential.

OUTGOING

So, with a total of £12.3m spent, I decided to balance the books by selling some fringe players. The biggest two departures are that of Coloccini, who leaves for Shakhtar for a nice £4.5m, a transfer that the fans(or me) didn't like one bit! Also on his way is Sebastian Giovinco, who moves to Holland for a cool £15m, which is a profit, plus he has been far too inconsistent to command a regular place or his wages. Adam Smith goes across the border to Celtic, whilst the rest move out on loan to get first team football.

Undecided whether I want to start an Arsenal save (favourite team) or a Newcastle save. I had a good Newcastle save back on FM08 but not played as them since.

Newcastle are great fun, but Arsenal look like a cracking save this year especially with Ozil.

Depends what kind of game you`re after, would be two quite different saves.

I'm leaning towards Newcastle mainly because it's a team where I can build up whereas Arsenal already have pretty much everything at their disposal.

Pretty much exactly why I like a Newcastle save.

Hope all on the thread had a great Christmas and all that :thup:

Haven't been on my save much over the holidays, but about halfway through the third season will try and post an update sometime during the week...probably when I get bored at work :lol:

Been giving a shocking budget for my second season, pitiful sums to push on into the Champions League - £14.75M transfer and something like 900k wage budget.

Have brought in Balanta for £9M, and season loans with Phil Jones and Asier Illarramendi, but that's about that. Can't afford a single other player until I move on anyone, and anyone that is worth selling I'm not selling. Have rejected bids of £17M for Santon.

Just finished the transfer window, was one of the more entertaining deadline days I've taken part in. Failed in last few hours to juggle the funds around to fund a loan deal for Sebastian Giovinco from Juve.

PxAm3Rt.png

Has anyone played, and/or had any success playing Ben Arfa from a striker position? Continuing to play 442 this season, but Ben Arfa doesn't really fit into this, but whilst being my most talented and creative player I'd like to play him as a creative forward with Mitrovic. He's trained fully there now.[/font]

@tommonufc some decent transfers there. I signed Giovinco first season and he was too inconsistent for the two and a half I had him, but sold him for £15m. Balanta is another I signed, become a major player for me in third season. Good luck in the 2nd! I used HBA as an IF at AMR, excels for me there. COuld be a decent DLF/F9/TQ I reckon

@rhchia Get them tutored by a senior squad member, give them games in lower key cup games. Regens seem to come along nicely if you tutor them and leave the training to their preferred role.

End of Season 2015-2016

Well, we got to the end of the season. We were trailing the leaders going into the mid-way point of the season. Could we consolidate ourselves at the top end of the table, and maybe even catch up to the leaders?

PREMIER LEAGUE 1 - PREMIER LEAGUE 2

Well, just two defeats in the second half of the season, both disappointing defeats that we should be taking points from. Apart from that, a superb run of form to consolidate ourselves at the top end of the league. ...

s3zWR8x.png

A solid 2nd place finish for the season. After what turned out to be a surprise win last season, we still kept up with the big boys, ending with a four point gap between ourselves and third place. Another small victory too, as S*nderland are relegated. Again amongst the top scorers and best defences this season.

l_d90c941030c543780773060066163e2306bf4643.jpg

Tadic continued to make life hell for Premier League defences.

FA CUP - CAPITAL ONE CUP

Well, we did fairly well in the FA Cup, losing eventually to winners Man City. In all fairness, we could and should have beaten them, but we will try again next year.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP - GROUP RESULTS - KNOCKOUT ROUND

A fairly easy group stage, which we came through very well, highlights being the double over a strong Marseille. However, a tricky tie against Real Madrid awaited in the next round, and despite giving a good account of ourselves, we missed out by a single goal.

PLAYERS

Stellar performances from many of the players. All but three of the squad managed a 7.0 or higher rating through the season. Goals came from all areas of the pitch, as did assists.

Key Players

Eder Alvarez Balanta - Moussa Sissoko - Dusan Tadic - Duvan Zapata

The best of the best this season. Balanta came in and seamlessly fitted into the squad, ousting Coloccini from the side. Sissoko continued to be a pain in the arse for teams, pace and strength making him almost impossible to handle. Dusan Tadic brought his a-game this season, scoring and assisting no end. Again Zapata is the key forward, although this season not as many goals, mainly due to not as much game time.

Top Scorers; Duvan Zapata(22 goals), Dusan Tadic(16 goals), Hatem Ben Arfa(10 goals)

Assist Leaders; Dusan Tadic(16 assists), Duvan Zapata(8 assists), Hatem Ben Arfa(7 assists)

A couple of decent prospects came in the Youth Intake;

Dan Antrobus - Victor David Moreno

Both look to be very good young players, who can hopefully improve over the next few seasons.

-------

Aims for Next Season

A great season, as we continue to challenge at the top of the league. The squad is very good now, after three seasons of building. Hopefully the upcoming season will see some of the youngsters make their breakthrough, something I hoped would happen this year. Again, transfers are going to be based on replacing anyone that is sold, along with any youngsters I can pick up.

Hopefully the Champions League can be a point of interest again, as hopefully we will get a decent group, and maybe get a better draw early on!

Season 5 on the way

I'm in November in the 5th season, leading the BPL and nearly qualified for the 2nd round in CL. Won both Super Cups, so everything is going well!

Sold a few backups - Kakuta (£5.25M), Jefferson (£5.5M), Niang (£9.25M).Also sold Anita for a record fee - £45M to Arsenal. Then brought in M'vila on a free transfer.

Hulk & John Ruddy also joint for free, making great backup/rotation players. Finally I sold Rondon to Schalke for £23M - a year after i got him for free.

Nice prospects - all from your own youth intake?

Now your young guard of players can really got at chance in the first team:

bird.png

deal.png

hook.png

lockhart.png

Had a talk with the board, and we decided

that in stead of buying young players for the first team, we would give the chance to our youth players - I'm ready for that now :)

Nice prospects! Are they all from your own youth intake?

Hi guys

Just starting a Newcastle save - really looking forward to it actually

One thing, posted this on bugs but thought i best check with you guys that have also played a Toon save

See link

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/380170-quot-We-don-t-have-any-non-senior-teams-at-the-club-quot-Newcastle-!

Is that right? No non-senior teams at the club??!

Secured the Premier League Title in the 3rd season, after a 4th and 3rd finish in the 2 seasons previous! I've reviewed this forum often to get tips on how to progress the United team, and although I would love to claim I've got there by myself, I haven't! So a thank you to everyone that posts in here for the hints & tips.

I point I'd like to make to anyone who is struggling to get their formation to work but has their heart set on a 4-2-3-1, I changed to a 4-1DM-2-2wide-1 in the 3rd season and it worked a treat. Scored more goals and conceded less than I have ever done before, with an regista, advanced playmaker (support) and attacking midfielder (attack) the 3 centre midfielders it plays out very similar to how I view a 4-2-3-1...

Just getting close to the start of the fourth season. Managed to make £76.8m in transfers, and have spent just £1.77m so far :D Sold Honda to Shakhtar(£17m), Anita to Milan(£25m) and Luciano Vietto to Barcelona(£25m). Currently looking around with a £108m transfer kitty, and I don't really need to bring anyone into the club!! Possibly a loan move for Benzema, Jovetic, Mandzukic or Ozil to bulk up a little, but that will be it.

Got a few regens getting closer to the first team too, with Academy graduate Andy Montgomery now the backup to Tadic, whilst Hassan Ali, Stipe Miletic, Christian Ulmer are all now in the first team squad. Adam Campbell is edging closer to taking the number 9 shirt, as he continues to improve -

04101-fca65414-3bec-4692-8b0e-db3f00e2bfaf.png

Transfers & Pre-Season 2016-2017

Here we go again!! I went into this pre-season with no real need to splash out on players, despite being handed a handy £43m budget. I was more on the case of losing deadwood, loaning out players in need of football. here is how it all happened...

TRANSFERS

So, not much in the way of big names coming in as planned. Shaun Neill comes from Celtic on a free, with a lot of potential to be a top class full-back. Mariano Rapino joins from Argentina, and looks to have all the makings of a great winger, and was signed up by my DoF. Paul Kenneally was a transfer agreed last summer, but only went through this, due to being on loan at Brentford, and again looks like a handy youngster. The biggest arrival of the summer was that of Remy Cabella, who will add some extra spark and style to the midfield. Finally, Adam Jones comes in the biggest incoming deal from Southampton, and could become quite the forward, and looks to be in the same mould of current strikers, as an all rounder.

OUTGOING

A huge amount of money coming in this summer, with two £25m deals for Anita and Vietto, along with a £17m deal for Honda. The rest that left were players which simply did not meet expectations during their time at the club, making profits on all sales, which is always nice!!

XwAzzZ2.png

So, a decent pre-season, which I used to experiment with tactical tweaks. Adam Campbell looks like he is about ready for the first team now, with superb performances during pre-season, so he will be given the chance to fill the void left by Vietto.

7Qn6SlL.png

So, a tough Champions League draw. Real Madrid we face for the second season running, whilst last year's semi-finalists Bayer Leverkusen are going to be tricky. Plzen make up the numbers. If I can take points from Bayer and Real, we have a good chance of qualifying, but a third place finish would not be a disaster.

--

Also, I have an international job to do too!! After the shambolic Euro 2016 campaign(defeats to Russia and Wales, and a draw with Albania), England manager Woy Hodgson retired, after leading England to the 2014 World Cup. So, I applied, and was given the job. The squad really doesn't offer much in the way of world class talent, as much of the class of 2014 are well into their 30s. Players like Jack Rodwell has been rotting at Manchester City(although he is a target for me at Newcastle), whilst Wayne Rooney currently is on loan at Southampton after a troublesome three seasons at Man United. Many of the better talents are not quite good enough yet, and the front-line is very average. Here is the World Cup 2018 qualifying group -

c5BThM1.png

Should qualify from the group, by which time I will have a few players improving and ready for the defence of the World Cup.

mid of season 2 currently in position 6. decided to read up more on tactics (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377489-Creating-A-Tactic-Design-Create-and-Maintain) and in match tactics tweak. now it left me wonder....

1) Should i buy players to fill the position and role or to change my tactic according to the players i have?

2) How do you manage squad rotation? By his average rating or by match rotation?

3) Will there be match experience for the regens if i sub them in from 75th mins onwards?

4) Loan youngster/regens out or keep them with the team (U21)?

mid of season 2 currently in position 6. decided to read up more on tactics (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377489-Creating-A-Tactic-Design-Create-and-Maintain) and in match tactics tweak. now it left me wonder....

1) Should i buy players to fill the position and role or to change my tactic according to the players i have?

2) How do you manage squad rotation? By his average rating or by match rotation?

3) Will there be match experience for the regens if i sub them in from 75th mins onwards?

4) Loan youngster/regens out or keep them with the team (U21)?

1) I tend to have a good idea f the tactic I want to play, and slowly bring in the players I want for that style. it may take you 3 or four seasons to finally get the squad, but I say get your "ideal style" worked out, and go from there.

2) Squad rotation...I do it simply. If a player's condition is below 95% before a match, he is replaced. If his last 5 form drops below 7.0, he is replaced. Simple

3) It's hard to say to be honest. I honestly prefer getting them trained and then loaning them out, they seem to progress much better for me that way.

4) Both. As they get closer to the first team, send them out on loan.

I am finally going to start my first Newcastle save on FM14, although I won't be flying through the seasons like I normally do as I will be playing on my PS4 now as well.

I will be loading every Country/league in Europe as well as all leagues from Brazil, Argentina, USA and Australia so it should give me a good amount of players but will slow the game down.

Archived