FM14: Newcastle United - Vive La Revolution

james_wilko

Ok ive delved into the transfer market and have picked up Oscar Cardozo i still have about 9 mil left but not alot of wages. Anyone experienced Cardozo on this game yet and if so how did you go about playing him and with what success

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This game is trying to drive me crazy, just dominated Liverpool at Anfield, 64% possession, 16 shots with only 7 on target to Liverpool`s 10 shots with 1 on target.

Ends 1-1.

F*** off.

Ha! Very frustrating. This game can take you to dark places....lol

I was on the other end of that against Dortmund in champs league.....92 min equaliser by grenier

It`s happened a lot to me this season. Not always ending up as a draw but I am bullying teams for 90 minutes, loads of shots on goal and very rarely from distance and then I scrape a 1-0 or 2-1 win. We would be top if it wasn`t for their stubborn refusal to put the ball in the net.

Going to try fiddling with my tactics to see if that helps.

Ok ive delved into the transfer market and have picked up Oscar Cardozo i still have about 9 mil left but not alot of wages. Anyone experienced Cardozo on this game yet and if so how did you go about playing him and with what success

Not had any experience with him on this version, but he could be a bit of a beast on earlier saves and his attributes still look very decent this year. I usually played him as a Target Man with a pacier striker alongside him.

Think I have sorted issue out. Moved the two full backs to wing backs, now Anita properly drops between the centre backs and the wing backs provide real threat from out wide. Won twice using this, 2-0 away to Atletico Madrid and 3-0 at home to Arsenal. Much better.

Think I have sorted issue out. Moved the two full backs to wing backs, now Anita properly drops between the centre backs and the wing backs provide real threat from out wide. Won twice using this, 2-0 away to Atletico Madrid and 3-0 at home to Arsenal. Much better.

When you say moved to wing backs do you mean actually shifted them up the pitch to wing back position, or changed their roles to wing back?

Dear god, looks like being a nother summer of long drawn out bidding for players. Couple of clubs after Debuchy who is currently valued at £7.5 million, not transfer listed and has three years on his contract....Porto's opening bid.... £825,000 upfront and £4 million over 30 months. :rolleyes:

Yeah let's jump all over that offer shall we......

if you were me and were in january, 3rd, 6 points off top and the team was playing really well, but your strikers werent scorring. Adam Campbell actually starts for me and been great, chipping in with few goals, but none of my strikers are smashing them in, and considering how well my team is playing i would of though they might be somwhere near the top the scoring charts.

now i dont want to disrupt the flow of my team, but i have 30m in the bank, and i dont know whether to go out and buy a superstar striker so that we can get more goals from up top. the trouble is i have quite a few young strikers that i am training up (Campbell, Barbosa, Fierro is coming in the summer) and of course cisse. If i bought another striker i would sell cisse. But i dont really need another striker do i? But i just love it when a striker is scoring for fun and topping the scoring charts.

what would you do?

Not had any experience with him on this version, but he could be a bit of a beast on earlier saves and his attributes still look very decent this year. I usually played him as a Target Man with a pacier striker alongside him.

He is playing amazing for me as a target man support with ben arfa and vitinho as inside forwards attack. he has 4 goals and 3 assists in 5 games for me already with an average rating of 8.44. hopefully this could be a major major factor in me getting into champs league this season

He is playing amazing for me as a target man support with ben arfa and vitinho as inside forwards attack. he has 4 goals and 3 assists in 5 games for me already with an average rating of 8.44. hopefully this could be a major major factor in me getting into champs league this season

What season are you in? Im tempted to get him for problem above, could be a good stop gap till the summer or till Campbell finds his feet properly

c7ld.png

uz09.png

ru6r.png

#Smug

Barca manager said before the game "with all due respect to Newcastle, we should be able to come through that one with relative ease."

Bet he feels a bit stupid now, not just beaten but beaten at their own game. Who needs Messi when I have Schurrle

What season are you in? Im tempted to get him for problem above, could be a good stop gap till the summer or till Campbell finds his feet properly

Second season i bought him so he could lead the line on his own and also play up top with campbell

Vitinho is doing ok but i have him and zaha switching depending on how i want the game to be played hes still young and he is improving rapidly how are you playing vitinho

if you were me and were in january, 3rd, 6 points off top and the team was playing really well, but your strikers werent scorring. Adam Campbell actually starts for me and been great, chipping in with few goals, but none of my strikers are smashing them in, and considering how well my team is playing i would of though they might be somwhere near the top the scoring charts.

now i dont want to disrupt the flow of my team, but i have 30m in the bank, and i dont know whether to go out and buy a superstar striker so that we can get more goals from up top. the trouble is i have quite a few young strikers that i am training up (Campbell, Barbosa, Fierro is coming in the summer) and of course cisse. If i bought another striker i would sell cisse. But i dont really need another striker do i? But i just love it when a striker is scoring for fun and topping the scoring charts.

what would you do?

Have to admit I would be sorely tempted to get in a big name, consistent striker if I had the funds available. I've been either drawing or only narrowly winning too many games that the team has dominated in terms of possession and chances. There's a few of my midfield players with very decent goalscoring records, but don't want to be relying on them picking up the slack all the time. Plus a couple seasons of being tutored by a real superstar could be great for Campbell :)

Congrats on the award for Santon by the way :thup:

Glad he's proving to be a hit for you :thup:, might have to take a look at him for this season myself. Maybe he could be an option for wils as well

evening gentlemen

after that great opening post i really wanted to try to bring glory to newcastle so here it goes. Ive noticed a lot of yous have had decent success with them however i didnt see much movement staff wise.

Can anyone recommend an assistant and director of football. Joe can f himself, my first decision was to show him the door

evening gentlemen

after that great opening post i really wanted to try to bring glory to newcastle so here it goes. Ive noticed a lot of yous have had decent success with them however i didnt see much movement staff wise.

Can anyone recommend an assistant and director of football. Joe can f himself, my first decision was to show him the door

I've actually just left the Joker in place as I couldn't be bothered forking out cash to terminate his contract, just made sure I cancelled every transfer deal he arranged off his own bat. He's decided to retire now so I will be looking at possibly getting a new DoF at some point.

As far as new backroom staff goes I didn't make any real changes in the first season, waited until second season to add more quality there. Brought in the likes of Chico Fraga, Giuseppe Baresi, Raffaele Novelli, Paul McGuiness and Sergio Zanetti in as Coaches. They're all worth looking at, some might not be available first season though.

Over joyed with my team. Beat Barcelona 2-0 at home, then drew 1-1 at the Camp Nou meaning we are into the Champions League semi finals.

Even better it`s V Lille, meaning we should win. Reaching the final on our return? Not too bad.

The final would be V either Real Madrid or Chelsea, not an easy game either way.

I brought in Andreas Brehme as my DoF, not sure why as I never use him. But he has good stats for one, 18 JPA and 15 determination.

a good DoF can reduce transfer fees and help with the youth players so i find them of great help

I've actually just left the Joker in place as I couldn't be bothered forking out cash to terminate his contract, just made sure I cancelled every transfer deal he arranged off his own bat. He's decided to retire now so I will be looking at possibly getting a new DoF at some point.

As far as new backroom staff goes I didn't make any real changes in the first season, waited until second season to add more quality there. Brought in the likes of Chico Fraga, Giuseppe Baresi, Raffaele Novelli, Paul McGuiness and Sergio Zanetti in as Coaches. They're all worth looking at, some might not be available first season though.

Did a bit of digging and found Frank Arnesen was free as a DoF and he has bolstered the staff however my results thus far have been shocking

0-0 with sunderand and a 2-0 loss to southampton

this is certainly proving tricky, found my beta game with cheslea so much easier ( i know what was i expecting)

2014/15 - End of season report

f9pb.png

uv4g.png

As expected Chelsea ran out easy winners in the league, but we strung together a good enough run of results in the last few games to see ourselves securely in second place. We might have been able to push Chelsea a little harder if we'd been a bit more clinical in front of goal in some of the matches. We should really have won the games against Stoke and Sunderland and probably warranted at least a draw at Old Trafford. (Having said that the 4-3 defeat to Chelsea probably flattered us a bit :p)

PSG did put in a much better performance in the second leg of our Champs League tie to knock us out 4-3 on aggregate and I wasn't too unhappy with that as it let us concentrate purely on the league. The squad had been looking a little threadbare at that point as well so it was a bit of a relief.

Stars of the season were Lewis Holtby and Andre Ayew, they both managed to grab 12 goals each to help our relatively goal shy strikers and Holtby was the fans player of the season. Ayew might have even managed more but for his trip to the African Cup of Nations.

The main aim during the summer will be to tweak my tactics to be more attacking to see if that helps our goal return, I'll also be looking to bring in a striker who might be more consistent. I've already organised a deal for Nathaniel Clyne who was transfer listed as soon as Southampton were relegated this time round and snapped up Denys Garmash for £4 million from Dynamo Kyiv.

And in other news....

azyr.png

Also got this little message in my inbox which was a little blast from the past...shame he never showed this when he was at Newcastle :lol:

Loving the turn around from Batshuayi.

In his first 20 games for us he didn`t manage to score, probably a combination of new league, new team and whole new position (retraining as an AML).

In his last 10 games he has 5 goals, including the winner V Lille and 2 V Chelsea. Making it likely I will be selling HBA in the summer and starting Schurrle as my AMR and Batshuayi as the AML.

Loving the turn around from Batshuayi.

In his first 20 games for us he didn`t manage to score, probably a combination of new league, new team and whole new position (retraining as an AML).

In his last 10 games he has 5 goals, including the winner V Lille and 2 V Chelsea. Making it likely I will be selling HBA in the summer and starting Schurrle as my AMR and Batshuayi as the AML.

Nice turn around there :thup:

Felt a bit sorry for Schurrle on my save, he got transferred from Chelsea to Man City at end of the first season. Then at end of the second season he was transfer listed by City having barely played a game and was then picked up by PSG who'd just bought Ben Arfa from us and Oezil from Arsenal.

Anyway since the game is now fully released I've decided (at some ungodly hour this morning) to abandon my Beta save and start a fresh save with Newcastle. This time round I'm going to make more of an effort to offload some of the deadwood in the first season and bring in a couple more permanent signings. Also want to give Campbell more match time in the first season to hopefully speed up his development. I'll probably still try and bring Honda to the club as he's too good a player to resist at the price he's available in 1st window.

Good luck with the new save Dandy. Campbell improves very well so hopefully you can turn him into a star.

Just finished my second season and it was immense. Will update later, but a quick question: Should I sign Negredo from City for 9mil?

I'd say snap him up, but what are his wage demands like?

Cardozo is 32 now and his physical stats have dropped quite badly.

3rd option is Mandzukic from Bayern, 2nd lowest wage demand and only 15mil. Essentially I need someone to replace Cisse for 1 or 2 seasons until Campbell is good enough and this decision to too difficult.

I rarely if ever make expensive signings so this is fairly new and I don`t think I like it.

Basically-

Mandzukic for 15 mil & 72k per week, 13k appearance fee.

Martinez for 18mil & 61l per week, 13k appearance fee.

3rd option is Mandzukic from Bayern, 2nd lowest wage demand and only 15mil. Essentially I need someone to replace Cisse for 1 or 2 seasons until Campbell is good enough and this decision to too difficult.

I rarely if ever make expensive signings so this is fairly new and I don`t think I like it.

Basically-

Is this for the start of the third season James? If so can I chuck another name into the hat, Luis Fernando Muriel at Udinese. My scouts reckoned we could get him for between 7.5 and 10.5 mill during summer window after second season on my Beta save. You might have to pay bit more than that depending on who else was after him of course (assuming he hasn't already moved that is), but probably still loess than Mandzukic or Martinez.

However if I had to pick one of the two, I'd probably go for Martinez over Mandzukic personally.

Muriel is probably too young (24 in game) as I need someone who can be great for one or two seasons, then happy on the bench as his career winds down.

I am leaning towards Martinez, but with his agent fees etc he will cost a total of 20mil which is a lot. Giroud is on the transfer list for around 2mil but he just doesn`t look good enough.

Basically-

Yeah he is getting on i only signed him because of his price i have barbosa and campbell for next season. he will still be able to play the odd role next season though especially with his set piece quality.

I will invest in a better target man when i have some more money someone with a good 4-5 years of quality in them

If there is, I don`t know how to do it.

End of season update - Summer 2015

So here is the update having completed my second season with Newcastle.

The Champions

Bit of a spoiler, yes we were champions. But of what? Here`s what.

rq4q.png

The treble completed, ending the long years without a trophy in some glorious style.

The league was a close run thing, we eventually managed to finish 5 points clear of Chelsea and Man Utd who ended up on 83 points each.

The FA Cup was a bit of a let down, we had Reading in the final and they just rolled over for us.

kkeu.png

And the Champions League was a surprise, we got Chelsea in the final and I was expecting to either scrape a win or lose...

2xkb.png

First big game Cabaye has really performed in, and damn did he perform.

Pre-Season

Broke my heart, but I sold HBA in pre season. He went to Real Madrid for 30million, which since he turns 29 this season I thought was a great deal. Papiss Cisse has also moved on, joining Roma for 13mil, and Haidara was sold for 2.5mil to Gladbach since I never used him.

In so far is Brad Guzan on a free, and the beat Jackson Martinez from FCP for 18mil. We still have something ridiculous like 40million in the bank but I have no other signings I want to make. So a large portion of that will be spent on good players to bulk out the squad, namely a back up AML and WBR. Will also be investing heavily in youth now, with the likes of Debuchy getting on a bit.

Planning on offering Sissoko a new contract, after Mbiwa already signed a new deal keeping him with us until 2019. Will probably offer most of the squad I plan on keeping contracts until 2020 to keep their potential suitors away.

Tactics Upgrade

fdbt.png

This is what I changed my tactics to from the opening post and it made a huge difference. The half back dropped between the CBs who then pushed wide, and the wing backs both pushed up and provided a threat from the wings. Also resulted in us finally turning our possession dominance in to lots of goals. Maybe if we started like that we could have been the top goalscorers in the league but we will have to settle for the best defence.

The 2015/2016 season should be a good one. The team on a high, players improving each day and bringing in a (hopefully) consistent, quality striker to replace Cisse and his annoying runs of form. Only downside is the loss of HBA, but if I kept him I would have been stiffling Tielemans or Batshuayi`s development and I couldn`t do that. Hopefully Batshuayi can continue his impressive form from last season and show my decision was correct.

Just had another 30million bid for a player, this time for Anita from Monaco.

I`ve accepted it, provided I can find a replacement.

EDIT:

Targeting Fernando, formerly of Porto as Anita`s replacement. Ideal as he can tutor one of my young stars until he is ready to take over.

Also, now had a 37million bid lodged for Sissoko so I guess he is off too.

Just completed my pre-season and the first game of the season... with a win too :D

Got rid of some players to bring some better players in. Pleased with the 15m for Cisse.

JfGSxef.png

Got rid of a few staff to and brought some FM legends like Cannon, Winsper and Batista dos Santos!

rwruwka.png

And this is my main set up for the minute, it'll probably change loads over this year!

kSbMC4Z.png

Toivonen in a F9 <3

If there is, I don`t know how to do it.

End of season update - Summer 2015

So here is the update having completed my second season with Newcastle.

The Champions

Bit of a spoiler, yes we were champions. But of what? Here`s what.

rq4q.png

The treble completed, ending the long years without a trophy in some glorious style.

The league was a close run thing, we eventually managed to finish 5 points clear of Chelsea and Man Utd who ended up on 83 points each.

The FA Cup was a bit of a let down, we had Reading in the final and they just rolled over for us.

kkeu.png

And the Champions League was a surprise, we got Chelsea in the final and I was expecting to either scrape a win or lose...

2xkb.png

First big game Cabaye has really performed in, and damn did he perform.

Pre-Season

Broke my heart, but I sold HBA in pre season. He went to Real Madrid for 30million, which since he turns 29 this season I thought was a great deal. Papiss Cisse has also moved on, joining Roma for 13mil, and Haidara was sold for 2.5mil to Gladbach since I never used him.

In so far is Brad Guzan on a free, and the beat Jackson Martinez from FCP for 18mil. We still have something ridiculous like 40million in the bank but I have no other signings I want to make. So a large portion of that will be spent on good players to bulk out the squad, namely a back up AML and WBR. Will also be investing heavily in youth now, with the likes of Debuchy getting on a bit.

Planning on offering Sissoko a new contract, after Mbiwa already signed a new deal keeping him with us until 2019. Will probably offer most of the squad I plan on keeping contracts until 2020 to keep their potential suitors away.

Tactics Upgrade

fdbt.png

This is what I changed my tactics to from the opening post and it made a huge difference. The half back dropped between the CBs who then pushed wide, and the wing backs both pushed up and provided a threat from the wings. Also resulted in us finally turning our possession dominance in to lots of goals. Maybe if we started like that we could have been the top goalscorers in the league but we will have to settle for the best defence.

The 2015/2016 season should be a good one. The team on a high, players improving each day and bringing in a (hopefully) consistent, quality striker to replace Cisse and his annoying runs of form. Only downside is the loss of HBA, but if I kept him I would have been stiffling Tielemans or Batshuayi`s development and I couldn`t do that. Hopefully Batshuayi can continue his impressive form from last season and show my decision was correct.

Mind posting your tactics? Looks interesting :)

Mind posting your tactics? Looks interesting :)

Yeah no problem, I have two the one above and a 4-5-1 version.

4-5-1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8a9q34

4-3-3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9dlkmh

Don`t think this is plug and play so you will need to get players who fit the formation. Example being Colo, the tactic has a high line which he will struggle with.

And it doesn`t show in the formations, but the AMR is actually set as a winger not an Inside Forward, I just have Schurrle only set as winger there but I have been meaning to update to just winger.

Archived