FM14: Newcastle United - Vive La Revolution

james_wilko

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Depends, have you got one of the updates with the new signings (Cabella, De Jong etc) or are you using the official update that will still have Luuk De Jong and Remy at Newcastle?

started with the official update sold fatem to arsenal for 26m signed cabella for 8m and dejong for 9m also signed de vril for 1.8m and gago in jan for 3.5m also loaned belhanda for the rest of the season. couldnt sell anyone else got obertan and mav up for sale.... remy is banging them in but paPiss and luke dejong are awful, sitting 6th at the min with 10 games to go desperate for a forward in the summer, ba turned me down as did benteke.....

You can sign Remy for £8m or De Jong for £6m in the first season. Barbosa doesn't cost that much in the first season if you can sign him, John Guidetti from Man City or Jordan Rhodes from Blackburn :)

im going with my own tactic... 2CBS 2 WING BACKS 1 HALF BACK 2 CENTRE MIDS 1 AM 1 WIDE INSIDE FORWARD & 1 ADVANCED FORWARD. i created it myself its my own tactic. it looks strange but worked well with my soton save a few months ago. Only signed 1 player and that was Lucas Romero. still go a few week to go before start of the season.

im going with my own tactic... 2CBS 2 WING BACKS 1 HALF BACK 2 CENTRE MIDS 1 AM 1 WIDE INSIDE FORWARD & 1 ADVANCED FORWARD. i created it myself its my own tactic. it looks strange but worked well with my soton save a few months ago. Only signed 1 player and that was Lucas Romero. still go a few week to go before start of the season.

Sounds interesting. I like hearing about odd, seemingly lopsided formations. Who have you got playing as the Wing Backs and Inside Forward?

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to start a new file using the default database :)

Started off pre-season by playing nearby teams such as Blyth and Bedlingtin and winning comfortably before playing Boca which finished 1-1 and Sporting Lisbon which ended in a 4-0 win.

A busy Transfer window saw £70m worth of talent leave including Collocini(not worth his wages imo), Cabaye, HBA and S. Taylor(not worth his wage either) leave and brought in 10 players including Keisuke Honda, Ola Toivonen, Massimo Bruno, Doria and Will Hughes, I spent ~ £48m. Two more players joined in January, Albin Ekdal for £675k and Lamine Sane for £1.2m.

Finished 7th place in the league on 62 points with Spurs sitting above me on 66 points and Liverpool in 8th with 61 points. Man City pretty much ran away with the league before allowing Man Utd to slowly catch up but it was too late to do anything. Chelsea and Everton made the top four with Southampton finishing a point above spurs and made fifth place theirs. Fulham, Crystal Palace and Cardiff got relegated.

Some notable results include a 4-0 home victory in the 1st game of the season against Stoke, a 3-1 win at St. James' Park(or Sports Direct Arena) against Sunderland and a 3-2 win back at their place and 1-0 wins against Arsenal and Man Utd.

I was lucky enough to win the Capital One cup by beating Swindon 1-0 in extra time, Leicester 3-0, Millwall 4-1, Blackburn 3-2 after extra time. I drew with Swansea 1-1 at home before drawing 2-2 at the liberty city, Qualified by with away goals after playing extra time which was pointless imo :thdn:. In the final I met Stoke who beat West Brom, Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City to get there, I won 1-0 with Toivonen scoring in the 59th minute. Didn't do as well in the FA cup due to getting Liverpool in the 4th round who beat us 3-1.

Toivonen Finished the season as joint top Goal Scorer with RVP with 20 goals, Massimo Bruno and Doria played well whilst De Vrij, Debuchy and Honda disappointed me

I will be looking to off load Debuchy, Sissoko and Krul if I get decent offers for them, Santon will be leaving if i get £20m +

Lost 4-1 to R. Madrid in the Semi-Finals away, Man Utd were 2 points behind with 2 games in hand. Wasn't sure whether to play the youths against Madrid and focus on the Utd game right after it or play a front four of Barbosa, Lamela, Correa and Bernard and hope score more than them

6 days later a 4-0 Home win against Madrid with goals from Barbosa, Bernard and a Brace for Lamela :brock:. United also lost their 2 game advantage and are 3 points behind :applause:

Won the Premier League, Beat Man Utd with a Ben Davis goal. Crystal Palace up next then the Champions League final against Barcelona at the Nou Camp :(. First time in the ECL final, no pressure :brock:

Diego Reyes (first choice CB) and my back up LB are away on international duty at the same time of the champions league final.... WTF?

Lost the final 1-0 Draxler scoring a far post header :thdn:

Well Mac purchased and game back on track just finished season 2019-2020 with massive success, winning absolutely everything in site including a dramatic Premier League title pipping Man City in a he race that went down to the final game for three clubs (Arsenal included). Not sure I will need any investment in the summer but may look at adding a new reserve keeper as Koyal seems to have maxed out and is not pulling up any trees. I will upload some screenshots of some of he newgens I have developed.

I'm entering the 19/20 season now, Copa America took 10 of my players, 8 of which were first teamers so I've only had them back for the game before the Community Shield :thdn:

Going to have to look at lowering the amount of Non-European players in my squad, thinking about selling Correa and Bernard, Renaud has developed into a good little playermaker and Goddard/Renaud will play on the left

Pre-season didn't go as planned either, played Gateshead in the first game back then left to tour Japan drew 3-3 against FC Hiroshima, lost 5-0 AC Osaka then won the last 2 games 4-1 and 2-0. Played 2 more games winning 3-1 and losing to Bursaspor 1-0. Got Spurs in the Community Shield. A new manager in charge, their 6th in 6 years. Not a priority but it would be nice to get a big win in early. Got a few players still needing Match fitness since i didn't play that many friendlies. Going to start pre-season at the 1st of July in the future.

I'll upload a few youngsters in my first team/youth team next post

Adam Campbell has recently retired at the ripe old age of 24 :(

In the Spurs match my striker closed down the Spurs keeper who passes the ball to Ashby, and he hits it into the keepers hand... He's on the bench next game if he gets lucky

Got drawn against Monaco, Dortmund and Goteborg.. fun

Angel Correa has been sold to Man City, Bernard joined PSG, Krul also left to join R. Madrid. Loaned out my Russian AMC regen to Zenit to find they were playing him at right back :lol: Recalled him immediately

A few players

Dan Ashby Went on loan in January, was injured for 5 weeks of it making 11 appearances

Mark Barden Came from the Leeds Academy before joining the wonderkids wasteland Man City in 2015, Bought last season for £16.75m because i wanted a young English Winger

Cartlidge Developing at a steady rate, might be a future Toon Captain :thup:

Enrique Messi's Successor? A player I'm not sure what to do with

Luis Barcelona, R. Madrid and PSG have all tried tempting him away, One of my favourite players :lol:

Miracapillo Also got PSG & Madrid enquiring about him, Didn't have a good season last season hopefully this year is better

Radu Sold Krul so I could make this fella the #1, Only concerns are his Consistency and a higher throwing, Aerial Ability would be nice but should grow over time

Renaud The man that is replacing Correa, tried improving his weaker foot twice, twice being successful but still no change :thdn:

Tobin My type of striker, he was labelled as the next Shearer but his Heading, Composure, First Touch and Finishing will need to improve to get close to him

Lee Goddard My favourite Regen

Ademi Bought for £4m from the same place that gave Germany the Bender Bros, Will most likely be first choice in a few seasons

Maksimovic Brought in last season for £2.5m, will be back up for Goddard if Renaud doesn't play there.

Voß Rated as 4½ stars by my backroom staff, Scouts rated him as 2½ stars

Brozek Rated 5 stars by my backroom staff, Scouts also gave him 2½ stars

Micoli Bought from Lazio for £28m, Man Utd also bid for him but chose the better team :cool: would have been bought in January for £39m but wanted ~80k a week

Think your big money signing may be a bit of a liability, yes great defensive stats in technical but never seen other so low in a massive signing. Could develop but at 21 I don't know.

Here is my most comparable player - Bought for £15m (probe too much too) http://i.imgur.com/63OfJLJ.png

Here is who I am after too, only a year ahead but...damn! http://i.imgur.com/J7c5REs.png

I don't know how to do the fancy layout as about so here are links to some of the regens/newgens I have bought and developed.

Gonzalo Tapia Bought for £4.2m and has just developed beyond belief, did a lot of it on loan in first year too http://i.imgur.com/psoVHgB.png

Tom Beech - identified as potentially World Class at beginning of second season and signed from Southampton for £4.7m http://i.imgur.com/wOVRSwH.png

Rasmus Ornskov - signed for £600k, possibly my best ever signing, was 15 and almost 1st team ready. http://i.imgur.com/JwR7m8y.png

Bruno - a lucky accident, needed cover for Orskov and happened upon him, fills in a lb too, cost £9m. http://i.imgur.com/T6H6EAW.png

Artem Bulakh - needed cover at DM now he's easily 1st choice, cost £850k http://i.imgur.com/HOskBdP.png

Gabriel - payed against us for Basel and was great, still behind Allione in the pecking order, he's a moody sod £15m http://i.imgur.com/qtaMV0E.png

Avalos - Great young keeper, went out on loan a lot, now first choice http://i.imgur.com/tfh4Lhv.png

Biggest hopes held out for this bunch:

Salah Larbi - signed for peanuts from Monaco http://i.imgur.com/3FREvxN.png

Branislav Stokic - signed when 16 for compensation, developed really well but not consistent enough, out to Madrid on loan this year http://i.imgur.com/qK2rRis.png

William - really excited about this lad, scored a few from the bench last year, needs more games, cost £4.7 - http://i.imgur.com/TKhqp06.png

Octavio Reyes - banged in 24 for Munich on loan last year, just no space for him, cost £6m http://i.imgur.com/LlHayYG.png

Best to come through my academy is Kevin Hamilton, not really that good considering it has supposedly been developed

http://i.imgur.com/waJQMoU.png

Some brilliant players there, liking the wingers you have a lot. Is there a reason you haven't had any good youth players?

I agree with you on Micoli, He has recently turned 21 so he does have a few more years to develop. I am currently trying to improve his Balance, Technique, Passing and First Touch

Only just found out you was using an older version of FM when reading Schimanski's bio checked the rest to see if it was a typo :D

Older version of FM? I have no idea why I have not had any decent young players, my academy is level one and facilities are top. Strange. Im pretty pleased with some of the players Ive brought through good luck with Micolli

Haha sorry I read the biography's and it said they began their careers in 2011 ect. so i thought it was the year they entered the youth candidates but I just checked my players and they have began theirs in 2011 ect. sorry :o

Currently got 4 players out and 2 that are jaded and it's only October, Rafael is out for 2 months with a slipped disc, Barden is out for 3 weeks, Renaud is out for 2 weeks and Radu is missing for 3 weeks, the only good thing is I'm missing most of them for 2 ECL games against Goteborg, Stoke, Reading and Nottm Forrest.

Finished the 2019/20 in 4th place 20pts behind Man Utd. Knocked out of the Champions League Semi-Finals by Atletico Madrid, Knocked out of the FA Cup by Chelsea in the 6th round, Beat Crystal Palace in the Capital One Cup 2-1. Quite a disappointing season really.

Correa left for £34.5m to Man City and Bernard left for £31.5m to PSG, Krul went for £13.5m. Don't think I mentioned it but JWP for £40m in 18/19 to Man Utd making £36.2m profit :)

Gabriel Barbosa finished Top Goalscorer with 27 goals in the league and an average rating of 7.31, tied 2nd in the league. 41 goals in 45 games overall.

Lee Goddard finished Top Assister with 19 Assists and an average rating of 7.43.

My latest youth recruitment has a potential Welsh Wizard and another talented AMC, I have also bought a RB from West Ham

I currently have five 4½ AMC's and three 4½ AML's and one 4 star AML (all under 21, most are ~17), going to have to look at getting a rid of a few of them

E/ Buying Miceli was probably a bad decision as well since Giovane is coming back from his loan at Napoli

I signed after he'd been great in one of my saves but it depends how much money you have and are there other positions that need strengthening more.

downloaded an update earlier this week and half way though my first season, will be posting an update tonight some time.

Ended up getting a bit carried away with my save, and a bit busy with life in general so I'm a bit late to update but I made it to the end of the first season.

First things first, I'm using LFCMarshall's update which includes some stat changes to some players which I didn't realise. Either way I decided to continue, but it meant that both Rolando Aarons and Adam Armstrong have good PA so are players worth keeping hold of. It also meant Siem De Jong was injured at the start of the season.

Secondly, I used the in-game editor to change HBA's contract expiry date to the end of his Hull loan. I waited until 6 months before expiry to give other teams likely to be interested a chance to sign him on a free (to keep it realistic).

Third, I had transfer window off during the first window so I had to struggle by with Pardew's depleted CB options. Not ideal.

So down to business:

I set up individual training for every player, this meant Riviere ended up with solid striker stats with 14 in both finishing and composure which made him usable.

I decided to line up with the currently popular, 4-1-2-1-2 diamond formation. It looked like this (full strength before Jan transfers):

Krul

Janmaat Williamson Colo Santon

Anita (HB)

Sissoko(B2B) Caballa (APs)

Aarons (APa)

De Jong (DLFs) Riviere (Adv Fwd)

Transfers in January were as follows:

In

Ashley Williams - Swansea 6mil

Danny Rose - Spurs 5.5mil

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas - Bristol City 3.3mil

Younes Belhanda - Dynamo Kiev (Loan)

Out

Santon - Napoli 15mil

Jonas - QPR 1.5mil

Gouffran - Marseille 4.5mil

Cisse - Fiorentina 4.4mil

And loans out for Perez, Dummet, Good, Alnwick, Ameobi and Ferguson who weren't getting enough/no game time.

I also arranged for Michael Keane to sign from Man Utd for 90k.

Finally, HBA was willing to come back and signed a contract extension to 2017 on 52k/week.

We performed very well throughout the season, managing to finish a point behind eventual winners Man Utd in the league and beating Man City 2-0 in the FA Cup final. Cabella who hadn't scored all season chipped in with both goals to give us the win. Not a bad way to open your account for the season.

In the league we scored 70 goals and conceeded 32. Not happy with either of those, want to see 10 more scored and 10 less conceded this season ideally. Riviere finished the season with 19 in 41 to be a our top goalscorer, not bad but could do better.

Following the end of the season, I told the players I expect Champions League again and they all seemed happy with that.

Decied we'd need a bit of an overhaul, and decided to shift out a few of the underperforming players. Out went:

Ferryra (loan end)

Belhanda (loan end)

Steven Taylor - QPR 2mil

Marveaux - Lens 3mil

Tiote - Sporting 7.25mil

Obertan - Swansea 1.6mil

Riviere - Atletico Madrid 17mil.

Riviere may seem odd but he went so many games without scoring. When he did score it was usually a brace in a game so he managed to not score in something like 25 games. Simply not good enough and an upgrade was needed.

Colback - Norwich 2.9mil

He never played, not good enough (imo) and I had no intention of playing an ex-mackem even if he had been good enough.

In came:

Wilfried Bony - Swansea 19mil

Expensive but basically a massive upgrade on Riviere. Pace, power and the technical ability to wrap it all up. Hopefully no regrets on this one.

Claudio Yacob - WBA 6mil.

They were relegated and with Tiote leaving I needed a replacement.

Kieran Tripper - Burnley 2.2mil

Saphir Taider - Inter 7mil.

I had thought about James McCarthy or Jonjo Shelvey instead of Taider but the money quoted was way too high. Taider cost half as much and is just as good so it was an easy choice.

Planning on sticking with the same line up this season, only changes being HBA fighting with Aarons for the CAM position, Williams is my first choice CB alongside MYM who Roma couldn't afford.

Season two has got off to a good start, 2-1 Community Shield victory over Man Utd with the goals coming from De Jong and Bony, followed by a 3-1 win away to Swansea with goals from De Jong, Williams and HBA. Southampton at home next, hoping for another dominant performance for our first home game of the season.

Could use a 4-4-2 Diamond with Cabella as the AMC and De Jong as the DLF(s) or a 4-2-3-1 with Cabella as an IF(s) on the left, De Jong in the AMC and Sissoko as a WM(a) on the right. It depends what you want from the players I guess

• 3 weeks later...

Well, 21-22 was a complete washout, knocked out early in all competitions and only managed to creep into the Euro cup in an embarrassing 6th place (almost 35 points behind the winners). Next season was much better, more consistent and youth intake was much better, a potential 'World Class' centre back was promoted along with some Star Premier League players. My skipper Tom Beech has grown even more and his stats are completely mind blowing, Allione is still rocking it in his 10th year at the club and the 22-23 season was much better. We finished second in the league, won both cup competitions as well as the Euro Cup. Took the Spain job on too and qualified for 2024 Euros after only 5 qualifying games! The 23-24 season began well, despite losing in the Super Cup to Arsenal until my Libero-sweeper got injured for 3 months! Bugger; time for my homegrown talent to step up. I am deliberately keeping my squad small so all players play often and it is working really well. Iif anyone is interested in the development of some of my regens then I will upload.

• 3 weeks later...
Haha, mission one accomplished - Young Stadium, complete with underground heating, retractable roof and a 79,000 and change capacity will be built by 2029. Next step; son in the team!

You go through seasons fast. What's the trophy count at?

I'm playing 2014 mate. Not got onto FM15 yet.

On topic: 2029 arrived, new stadium completed and on the same day August Allione became my assistant manager and officially retired from game after 14 years at the club, therefore unlocking the generate son unlockable. My son arrived and was the complete opposite to me as a player: a competent and strong defender, who my scouts think could become a key member of the team and a star EPL right back; the only slight oddity is that he is of completely different ethnicity to me :) oh well.

Archived