FM14: Newcastle United - Vive La Revolution

james_wilko

@Stu_UBJ

Nope, no offers for him yet although there has been two enquiries for him from Arsenal however I asked them for £40m which they rejected both times.

However, the interest in him is growing and he is now wanted by Arsenal, AC Milan, Juventus, Liverpool, Napoli, Real Madrid and Spurs so I doubt I'll be able to hold onto him, especially as I want to try and maintain a wage cap of £60k per week but I'd like to keep as he is a terrific tutor with his 'Spirited' personality as well as being able to cover both full back positions.

I have though made a shortlist of possible replacements should I sell him including Ben Davies and his Swansea team mate Neil Taylor, and of course Luke Shaw. Haidara is progressing along nicely yeah, he is actually being tutored by Santon at the moment.

How is your save going?

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DandyDon

Cheers, be a tough Champions League campaign but I'm confident in the squad now.

Well without spoiling my next update too much, I've played a fair bit and finished the transfer window and played the first few games of the season and can confirm that Sami Khedira is a Newcastle player:

SamiKhedira_OverviewAttributes_zps9fe7c476.png

An injury has prevented him from an extended run in the team but he has made substitute appearances in each of our last 3 games and will hopefully get a full game in the Capital One Cup game against Sunderland to get him back to full fitness. As good a signing as he is, the fact is that Khedira isn't even my most exciting signing of the transfer window, all will be revealed in the update tomorrow but I now have a pretty solid young English core to the squad.

You progressed much further in your save mate?

@DBurns - haven't played my save for a couple of weeks. Got a Lens save on the go which I have got right into. Santon is a good player, but you can definitely get an improved player in for him. I'll post a screenshot of Haidara when I get onto FM, I sold him last summer. He is a regular for Senegal(I think), his Physical stats are very good from what I remember.

I'll be honest I am not sold on Khedira. His mental stats are great, but his Technicals are a bit iffy. I brought in Guido Pizarro from UANL, for £2.6m, turned out to be a great signing.

SEASON 2013/2014

Starting a new game before the next update and will be making some some slight changes as we hit the January Transfer window. Cabaye will be sold in January, and I am hoping to get $30M Euros. I will not be bringing anyone in, as trying to keep it as close to what has just happened.

2013 TRANSFERS

Players Out -

Cisse - Marseille - $9.5M

Gouffran - Monaco - $5.5M

Gutierrez -Lillie - $3.1M

Obertan - Leverkusen - $1.8M

Williamson - Crystral Palace - $1.7M

Gosling - Blackpool - $1M

Ameobi - Burnley $500K

Total - $23.2M

Players In -

Jay Rodriguez (Southampton) $8.5M - Cisse's replacement and a more versatile player and English.

Tom Ince (Blackpool) $5M - As signed by others, a good young left winger who can play on the right.

Jonathan Walters (Stoke) $2.7M - Another forward who can hold the ball up, and play across the the flanks.

Yossi Benayoun (Free) - A great squad player who can cover for Ben Arfa and others.

Total - $16.2M

Season thus far..

I have been playing a 442 with attacking wingers up high, apart from the Chelsea match. In the Chelsea game I want to block the middle of the pitch with bodies so I played a 4312 and eventually going to a narrow diamond to hold onto my lead. I am not totally convinced that my current formation is what I want, but at the moment best suits the squad.

wLM1zRg.png

Pretty impressive start to the season there Joe :thup:

Benayoun looks to have been a good pick up on a free already, Rodriguez should be an excellent buy too.

The overwhelming theme on the Newcastle thread this year seems to be to try and develop a largely English squad I notice :)

Pretty impressive start to the season there Joe :thup:

Benayoun looks to have been a good pick up on a free already, Rodriguez should be an excellent buy too.

The overwhelming theme on the Newcastle thread this year seems to be to try and develop a largely English squad I notice :)

I think the club has signed too many foreign players. Shattered after spurs result :(

Season 1 - 2014/15 – Summer Transfer Window Update

Had intended on just putting this update just in my halfway stage update but because there was so much activity I decided on a separate update.

Transfers Out

Firstly on the way out during the summer were a few fringe players, a few youngsters on loan as well as a couple of players who I’d have liked to have kept but couldn’t turn down the money I got offered for them.

I’ll start with the fringe players that left. First to leave were unhappy central defensive pair, Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson who were both unhappy at their lack of first team action in the previous season and asked to leave so I granted them their wish and so they joined Southampton and Watford respectively for a fee totalling just over £2.5m – less than I’d have liked but I won’t be keeping unhappy players at the club. Next to leave was Paul Dummett who left to join Reading for £1m, I didn’t really want to sell him and would have preferred to keep at the club to see if I could have into something decent, even if it was just a squad player but when Reading offered £750k and I rejected it he became unhappy and requested to leave so I offered him out for £1.2m and Reading offered £1m and so I accepted it. Curtis Good left after a mutual agreement to terminate his contract as he was unhappy at his lack of game time but no one was interested in him, either on loan or permanently.

Of the younger players to leave on loan, the most notable are Shane Ferguson to Stoke who are paying 100% of his wages and a ‘Key Player’ status. Haris Vuckic joined Wigan on a similar loan deal while Mehdi Abeid and Sammy Ameobi joined St. Etienne and Rangers respectively. Perhaps the most high profile however was John Stones who I signed from Everton for £7.75m but they would only accept if I loaned him back for the season.

Now to the two players I’d have liked to have kept at the club. The first was Yoan Gouffran who somehow sparked interest from a bunch of French clubs including Lyon and Monaco but in the end he chose to join PSG unsurprisingly for a fee of £15.25 million and now finds himself instantly loaned out to Palermo. The next and final outgoing was one I agonised over but when I thought about it, the money being offered was just too good to refuse. The player in question was Hatem Ben Arfa and I’m sure you can guess the club – PSG again. The fee being £47.5m all upfront, PSG first enquired about him and I quoted them £60m, they offered £39m and I then n negotiated it upto £50m before they made the final offer of £47.5 million which I eventually accepted.

Transfers In

Okay so now that I’ve mentioned all the players the club, it’s now onto the players that will be replacing them. There were a few transfers I had arranged between the end of the previous season and the start of the transfer window – they were Ryan Bertrand in from Chelsea for £8.25 million although almost half of that is in performance related instalments. As previously mentioned, Sami Khedira also joined from Real Madrid for £6m. Both these players are quality but are also fantastic tutors with their ‘Professional’ personality. Also coming to the club on the first day of the transfer window was Nicklas Helenius who was transfer listed by Aston Villa and was someone that always seem to develop well in any of my other saves so I took a chance on him for £5m, he will probably be backup to Jordan Rhodes until Adam Campbell is ready to become second choice and then first choice hopefully. The rest of my transfers were mainly English players with Craig Dawson and Chris Smalling joining for £3m and £7.5m respectively to strengthen the defence and to replace Williamson and Taylor. Gareth Barry joined on a free transfer to strengthen an already strong central midfield zone and is an additional tutor with his ‘Resolute’ personality. Another free transfer joining the club is Tom Ince who I’ve never managed before and hopefully can turn him into an England international and if it doesn’t turn out too well I’ll make a profit on him at least. I’ve previously mentioned the signing of John Stones who will remain at Goodison for the season. Even though centre midfield is probably our strongest area of the squad I couldn’t resist signing boyhood Geordie Michael Carrick when he was transfer listed for £850k, a fantastic player and an excellent tutor with his PPM’s near perfect for a deep lying playmaker and a ‘Professional’ personality. Towards the end of the window I noticed we seemed a bit light on options on the wings so brought in Eduardo Salvio on loan for the season while I try to tempt Alex Oxlade-Chamberlainto the club or else change the formation to make use of all my central midfielders.

I have left the best to last however. My scouts found this gem in MK Dons youth team and after scouting for 3 games and him receiving rave reviews I had to buy him no matter the price, eventually we settled on £3.5m and a friendly. The big signing of the window however was Luke Shaw from Southampton on transfer deadline day for £20 million, steep for a 19 year old but it will turn out to be a bargain, I’m unsure though as to whether to make him my long term LB or turn him into the Gareth Bale, leaning towards using him at left back although to ensure he develops he’ll be getting game time this season in a variety of positions to ensure he hits his full potential.

That leaves my long term plan for having an all British team looking like this:

Untitled_zps8af18c65.png

Also with Craig Dawson and Alex Gilliead who is progressing nicely in the U18s and Reserves team.

@DBurns

Holy overspenders Batman!! :eek: Nice deal for Ben Arfa there. :thup: You must be pretty close to being able to field an all English first 11, let alone British.

My team is really getting up a head of steam in 4th season of my save at the moment. 8 points clear before Christmas after we stopped Man Utd's early 100% record in it's tracks. I've managed to arrange a deal to bring in Gibbs from Arsenal during the January window since I can't get Shaw in at moment and I'm targetting two very highly rated young English regens as well

@DandyDon

Yea thought it was too good to turn down. That image I posted is an u23 English team bar Ryan Gauld who is Scottish. So yea we probably could field an all English first 11 currently.

I'm currently 8 points clear of Man Utd myself after 14 league games. We've had a terrific start to the season. Looked at Gibbs myself and was a choice between him and Bertrand but Gibbs would've cost about £12m.

They're both on my shortlist, cheers :thup: can you post a screenshot of Thorne please mate?

@DBurns

Gibbs is 27 now on my save and it's costing us £3.5 mill to bring him in, but he'll mostly be there as back up for Santon at moment.

Here's a screenshot of Thorne for you mate

ivwe.png

Technical attributes aren't mind blowing, but they are solid where they need to be and he has a pretty good mix of Mental and Physical attributes.

SEASON 2013/2014

SEASON REVIEW

I had a very productive season finishing 2nd. I never really looked like challenging Man Utd for the title and as per the table the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City stumbled all season.

uCKXZEb.png

We did stretch the small squad towards the latter end of the season, but managed to get through ok. I terminated Remy's loan in January, as the $95K wages for a player who was playing in a rotational role was senseless. Walters, Rodriguez and Campbell were all very good up front, as was Ince who I tutored with Ben Arfa really started putting in some top shelf performances in the second half of the season. Krul and Coloccini played pretty much every match along with Cabaye when not rested. I was trying to shift Cabaye during January but couldn't get any offers over $22M and also upset Debuchy in the process, who took a couple of months to come around. Santon is starting to make noises in moving to a bigger club, so I will try and hang on to him, but have already started to identified other targets as replacements.

OcNTt1H.png

2014/2015 Transfer Targets

Goal Keeper - John Ruddy - Norwich - I have managed already to sign Ruddy from relegated Norwich for $4.6M.

Left Back - I am targeting Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg as Santon's replacement or I will try and target Shaw from Southampton, but it will cost me.

Right Back - John Stones, Everton

298x198_Newcastle-796577.jpg

Newcastle United Takeover Report 13/14

Finally taken the plunge and started my annual Newcastle save after a number of failed attempts with other clubs. I'm looking forward to this one because, as a fan, I've not entirely agreed with the methods of the club in recent years and will be making quite a few changes to the way the club operates; notably its transfer policy. I'm also going to be trying to get the most out of the young talent the club currently has while maintaining the team's status as a solid, mid-table Premier League club for the first few seasons. Another goal is to make St James Park the fortress it once was so home performances will be key.

Anyway, to keep things realistic I've decided to turn off first window transfer budgets so that I can play through the first half of the season with largely the same squad used in real life and also to give me time to do some scouting and begin developing the players currently at the club. Here are the season goals:

• Top-Half Finish: I feel that Newcastle's squad is more than capable of finishing above half of the clubs in the Premier League. Anything extra will be a bonus.
  • Winning record at home (>50%): Back in the early 00's St James Park used to be a fortress where teams were nervous coming to visit, I want to bring that back with at least 10 home wins.

Taking a look at the squad, it's one I'm already familiar with and I will be utilising a 41221 formation with a 4231 also being prepared as something a bit different that will allow either Cabaye or HBA to play behind the lone striker. I always look at every area of the squad when I first start and decide my long-term vision, so we'll start with the goalkeepers:

Image%202014-02-16%20at%202.32.10%20pm.png

Obviously Tim Krul is a player with a lot of quality and someone I hope will be my GK for a number of years to come. In the first season Rob Elliot will be his deputy and will get a handful of games, mainly in the early rounds of the cup whilst being the U21s regular GK. As for Jak Alnwick, he will be sent out on loan as I don't see the need for three first-team goalkeepers. When he returns next season he will hopefully be in a position to backup Krul with the view to replacing him if I receive an exceptional offer for the Dutchman. The other three players pictured will almost certainly depart in the summer as they have no future at the club.

Looking at the defence, it's an area where Newcastle have a lot of depth in the middle but are a bit short-handed on the flanks. Starting with the club's central defenders:

Image%202014-02-16%20at%202.37.11%20pm.png

Fabricio Coloccini, despite being 31, will be club captain and number one choice in the first season at centre back. That will leave a battle between local lad Steven Taylor and Frenchman Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa for the second spot, which will likely be determined during pre-season and the early competitive fixtures. Mike Williamson is an able backup but will likely see few minutes this season and will probably be sold next summer, especially with the likes of Remie Streete, Curtis Good and Kevin Mbabu knocking on the door, all of whom will be tutored in the first season. Of the players on youth contracts, only Lubomir Satka looks to have any future but he will have to show signs of improvement from the start if he is to get a professional contract.

Image%202014-02-16%20at%202.44.05%20pm.png

At full-back we have two good players in Mathieu Debuchy and Davide Santon but very little in reserve at the start of the game due to Ryan Taylor's and Massadio Haidara's injuries. My plan here is to let Welshman Paul Dummett be my third choice until the new year, at which point Haidara will be able to take that role and potentially replace Santon if the interest in him from Dortmund and Bayern is genuine. James Tavernier will spend the first half of the season out on loan and the two current loanees may have a future at the club but not at full-back. The club also has a handful of youth full-backs but none of which have the required potential and will be released.

Onto the midfield, possibly the strongest part of the Newcastle squad. Here are the central midfielders:

Image%202014-02-16%20at%202.56.30%20pm.png

As I said before, my formation will be a 41221 which utilises three central midfielders. These will likely be Yohan Cabaye, Cheick Tiote and one of Moussa Sissoko or Vurnon Anita during the first season. The only two other central midfielders at the club not out on loan are Gael Bigirimana and Brandon Miele. They both have potential to succeed in this division and will be tutored during the first season. Of the loan players, Mehdi Abeid, at Panathinaikos, looks the most likely to return and hold down a spot in the squad. As in real life, PSG are sniffing around Cabaye but I am very reluctant to sell.

Out wide we have a variety of choices:

Image%202014-02-16%20at%203.03.19%20pm.png

Hatem Ben Arfa is the key man and chief creator, scorer extraordinaire from the right wing while the left-wing is rather more interesting. Loic Remy and Yoan Gouffran are more suited to being strikers but can do a job out wide as scorers rather than traditional wingers. Sylvain Marveaux would offer a dual creative wing threat if paired with HBA and Jonas Gutierrez is useful in tough games away from home due to his work rate as a defensive winger. I envisage that this will probably be the toughest area of the team to get right but I will experiment in pre-season. Gabriel Obertan will mainly be an U21 mainstay but may be forced into action should we suffer an injury crisis. Sammy Ameobi is wanted by a host of Championship clubs and will spend the season there before I decide his future next summer.

And finally, you're probably bored of reading this by now, the striking options at the club:

Image%202014-02-16%20at%203.14.06%20pm.png

Papiss Cisse remains the number one striker at the club despite his lack of form in real life and will lead the line for me in most matches. As mentioned already, Remy and Gouffran are natural strikers and could find themselves playing time there during the season. Shola Ameobi is a Newcastle 'legend' in my eyes despite the fact he's not very good at all. He will act as a backup and will only guarantee himself a new contract if he accepts significantly lower wages at the end of the season to finish his career in the North East. The jewel in the crown of Newcastle at the moment is Adam Campbell the local lad from North Shields. I will slowly integrate him into the first team over the course of the season and look to develop him into one of the best strikers in the game. The first task is to sign him to a long-term deal. Of the seven strikers on youth deals, Alex Gilliead, Tom Heardman and Adam Armstrong look the most promising but nothing special.

So there it is. We face Slovan Bratislava, Iraklis, Ethnikos, Panachaiki, St Mirren and Gateshead in pre-season before kicking off the season with a trip to South Wales to take on Michael Laudrup's Swansea.

HWTL!

Had intended on doing a halfway update but have gotten so into the save that I’m now into March so will just do an end of season update instead.

@DandyDon

Thorne looks like he’d be a solid backup / rotation option although tbh I’m overloaded with central midfielders, even more so now after buying Ross Barkley in the January transfer window.

@Double0Seven

Yea, £47.5 million for HBA!

@DirtyJoe

Similar to my first season, finishing second to Man Utd. Tom Ince is a great player. Good signing in Stones, got him myself but had to loan him back to Everton where he’s been first choice all season.

@Obaaa

Great analysis of the squad. Good luck :thup:

SEASON 2014/2015[/hr]

With Champions League looming this season, there is a need to increase the depth of the squad and the youth talent. As mention in my earlier post I was targeting some key transfer targets for the upcoming season. A transfer budget of $16M and wage budget of $1M.

Transfers Out -

Haris Vukic - $1.6M - Spent most of last season on loan and injured.

Sylvain Marveaux - $2.8M - a squad player at best last season.

Mehdi Abeid - $1.5M - on loan all season.

Sammy Ameobi - $1.2M - to far behind other starts to be a squad player.

Total - $8M

Transfers In -

John Rudy GK - $4.6M - Norwich

Lee Chung-Yong - $3.8M Bolton - Right sided winger, a cover out wide.

John Stones - $7.5M Everton - Right sided full back will provide competition for Debuchy, who i expect to lose this season.

Guido Pizarro - $2.5M Tigres - A excellent long term replacement for Cabaye, who I also expect to lose this season.

Hi all, just started my first game on FM14 with NUFC.

The day after the summer transfer window closed I lost Tim Krul for a month with injury prompting a "Newcastle in goalkeeper crisis" news item! I only have Elliott and Alnwick as cover (the latter has been rather poor in the pre-season games I gave him) and if one of those is unfit or injured I am screwed. Would really appreciate some recommendations of potential short term loans to cover this loss. Tried to bring the legend that is Shay Given back for one last spell at the club but Villa wont listen to a loan offer despite him not playing a competitive game for them. The recommendations from my DoF and those filtered out in the player search screen are relatively poor also. :(

1225809172___Newcastle_United_Banner.png

Transfers, Pre-Season Report 2019-2020

Just a quick update from me on this career. After such a wondrous season, I was hoping to carry on in the same vain. There wasn't any work required for the squad, but I did bring in a couple of new players, one of which was a no-brainer, whilst the other is one for the future...

YeuG3sD.png

First up is Colombia striker Johnatan Perilla, who I have been scouting for quite a while, keeping an eye on his progress. He made noises about a move to a bigger club, and I quickly moved to snap him up. Looks a perfect forward, and can play pretty much every role in the front-line. Hopefully can become a perfect foil for Adam Campbell in the side. Secondly, Miquel Palanca joins from Barcelona. At just 17, he looks a very good young midfielder, and will hopefully develop to become a star for both club and country.*

OUTGOING TRANSFERS

As you can see, a great amount of money made this summer, whilst streamlining and re-invigorating the first team. Sergi Roberto has been great, but £16m for a rotational player was too good to turn down. Duvan is a club legend, but he struggled to find the net, and his place in the team in the past two seasons, so cashing in now was a good piece of business, especially as he entered the last season of his contract(he wanted £97k!!). Final big transfer sees a firm favourite Moussa Sissoko leave for a good £22m. He had lost his place in the midfield to Raymundo Flores and Jorge Guzman, and became unhappy at being out of the squad.*

AXprmfQ.png

Solid pre-season. Some high scoring games, including great wins over Leverkusen and Roma.

Making a go at my new Newcastle save in anticipation of the upcoming transfer update. Downloaded an update from Steam so LDJ is here and Cabaye is at PSG.

Decided that losing Cabaye meant a change from my preferred 4-2-3-1 and I've gone for an offensive 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 which looks like this:

NewcastleUnited_TacticsOverview-2.png

And it has resulted in exactly what I expected, lots of goals scored and conceded. Early days, but we have 18 goals scored in 5 league games, with 8 conceded. Wins have included 6-2 at home to Fulham, 3-2 away to Stoke, 6-3 away to Milwall in the C1C with a weakened team, 2-0 away to Arsenal, 3-1 at home to Everton and 4-2 at home to Villa. Found it quite funny my first and only clean sheet was away to Arsenal, the only game so far I expected to lose.

Players brought in were Gaitan from Benfica, McManaman from Wigan and Strandberg from Rosenborg. Out went Cisse and Tiote who demanded a move away.

LDJ is enjoying his TM(A) role, with 3 goals and 2 assists in his 5 league games so far. HBA is leading the line for goals though, with 5 in 5 and Gouffran second with 4 in 4(1) although all 4 of those goals were against Fulham. Remy is still massively unfit and has started one game where he came off after 50 minutes, and about 20 minutes at the end of another so no goals yet. Thinking of dropping him into the reserves for a few games so he can get goals and confidence.

From reading other people's comments, I think LDJ will struggle without a strike partner. Mind that's only based on how he has performed in a few games for me, won't know for certain until the end of the season.

I think the one done by pr0 has updates, but I don't think Armstrong is known enough for anyone other than someone who watches a lot of youth football to upgrade him. When the official update comes out he might have gotten a boost from the Newcastle researcher, but you'd have to ask him that.

I wouldn't say it's wrong. Play the game how you want. I tend not to use the editor (though I did buy it for a short but quickly forgotten save involving Gateshead and the best players in the world) but if you think you can upgrade him realistically and it won't ruin your save then go for it.

Nice update there James. Is there any updates for existing players? I alot of hype around Adam Armstrong - rated very highly in real life, more so than Adam Campbell but from the looks of it he's pretty pants on FM14.

Is it wrong to play with the editor and give him the boost he deserves?

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a play with the editor if you think a player's not rated accurately, especially not if you try and do it fairly realistically.

Just don't give in to temptation to wield all that unlimited power and give Shola a CA of 200!!!!

Making a go at my new Newcastle save in anticipation of the upcoming transfer update. Downloaded an update from Steam so LDJ is here and Cabaye is at PSG.

Decided that losing Cabaye meant a change from my preferred 4-2-3-1 and I've gone for an offensive 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 which looks like this:

NewcastleUnited_TacticsOverview-2.png

And it has resulted in exactly what I expected, lots of goals scored and conceded. Early days, but we have 18 goals scored in 5 league games, with 8 conceded. Wins have included 6-2 at home to Fulham, 3-2 away to Stoke, 6-3 away to Milwall in the C1C with a weakened team, 2-0 away to Arsenal, 3-1 at home to Everton and 4-2 at home to Villa. Found it quite funny my first and only clean sheet was away to Arsenal, the only game so far I expected to lose.

Players brought in were Gaitan from Benfica, McManaman from Wigan and Strandberg from Rosenborg. Out went Cisse and Tiote who demanded a move away.

LDJ is enjoying his TM(A) role, with 3 goals and 2 assists in his 5 league games so far. HBA is leading the line for goals though, with 5 in 5 and Gouffran second with 4 in 4(1) although all 4 of those goals were against Fulham. Remy is still massively unfit and has started one game where he came off after 50 minutes, and about 20 minutes at the end of another so no goals yet. Thinking of dropping him into the reserves for a few games so he can get goals and confidence.

From reading other people's comments, I think LDJ will struggle without a strike partner. Mind that's only based on how he has performed in a few games for me, won't know for certain until the end of the season.

Following on from this, most of the way through season 1 and still going well. Currently 2nd in the league, scoring plenty and we're conceding less now too. Going to try it without transfer updates to give a better review of the likes of Tiote and Cisse who I sold, and Marveaux who has been benched for the entire season (others too but them being the main three). Hopefully by the time the update is out I'll have a better grasp on the squad to do it justice.

I am restarting my Toon save with updated database (no Cabaye and Joke), going to rebuild the club from scratch and sell all the deadwoods (being almost all players including Willo, Marveaux, Obertan, Shola and the likes).

What is the least possible amount of decent squad players (not inclusive of youngsters) that y'all manage to be able to be competitive? I actually prefer a small group of players that are versatile enough to cover most positions.

I was thinking of having 22 players (2 GK as is, 2 RB of Debuchy & a new signing, 2 LB of Santon & Haidara, 4 CB of Colo, Saylor, Mbiwa & a new signing, 5 CM of Tiote, Anita, Sissoko, Cleverley on loan from Man U & Diame from West Ham, 4 AMRL of Ben Arfa, Pepe on loan from Juve, cheap Danish winger Kusk & trying my luck with Barca's Cristiano Tello, 3 FC of Cisse, Remy & de Jong). Any sort of serious injuries can definitely disrupt my team but most of those players can cover a few positions (de Jong and Remy can even play AMRL).

Currently don't have enough British players to fill up the required quota but Gosling is still around (seems like nobody wants him) and I can use the likes of Bigi, Dummett, Campbell etc to fill that up. Any thoughts?

Has anyone else seen a club takeover bid being accepted yet?

I'm into my 6th season now with the Toon and twice there has promised a takeover from a consortium lead by Halifax businessman Mark Trott. Both times though the fat cat Ashley has rejected there offer.

Is this happening anywhere else?

Anyone got some suggestions for cheap aml IFs? Lasker Kusk didn't want to move, sadio mane same story and Eduardo salvio didn't want to either. PSV wants 30m+ for depay and all those expensive south america players can't get a work permit or some other club buys them. Need someone to backup tadic and maybe as good as him for the same price.

Yeah but he isn't the best IF. He is left footed and I need a right footed one. Shaktar wants so much for bernard... 40 m? No way.

Done alright for me last season. Not world class but solid and is English and home grown which is always a good bonus. Plus he has a good personality for tutoring and won't ask for much wages :thup:

TomInce_HistoryCareerStats_zps0a75705c.png

Archived