FM14: Tottenham Hotspur - No Longer A One-Man Team

Just seen these posts after making my own rant. Do you think we can petition a moderater to let someone else take over the thread and amend the OPs? I notice the guy that started this thread has said on 3 or 4 occasions he'll be updating "by the weekend" or "next week" and never done it. I make it 17 days since his last post.

Would love to see the sort of quality as the Southampton and Juventus threads have.

Moderators?

It's been asked a couple of times, by myself included… seems the mods aren't interested in this thread so probably won't happen :-(

Is it ok for someone else to just start a new Spurs thread? Perhaps that would make the moderators aware of the situation?

It's really a shame when (at least in FM terms) it's one of the most interesting teams in the PL this year with all the new signings...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's been asked a couple of times, by myself included… seems the mods aren't interested in this thread so probably won't happen :-(

Is it ok for someone else to just start a new Spurs thread? Perhaps that would make the moderators aware of the situation?

It's really a shame when (at least in FM terms) it's one of the most interesting teams in the PL this year with all the new signings...

Where have you asked? I've not seen anyone mention it until last night, so if you could point me in the direction of those you've asked I can check it up. Why not simply PM a mod and ask them? Seems strange that all this ranting yet not a single one of you have PM'd a mod directly......

Thread ownership can't be passed on its not possible. So you have 2 options. Either start a new thread or let us know which posts need to go where.

Someone starts a new thread and the mods move the messages, excluding the OP, to the new thread?

I, too, would really like there to be more discussion in this thread, or the new one, as I'm currently totally addicted to my Spurs save, it's just such a shame work and other meaningless things take almost all of my time. :)

Okay, I'm up for starting a new thread and will try to do it in the next few days. If I don't you all have permission to ignore me forever more ;)

Thanks for all your help, Cleon, and apologies for not PMing you or one of the other mods rather than posting here - I genuinely didn't know you could PM people on here! Oops. I'll drop you a line when the new thread is up and maybe you can update the official links thread for us?

Sound okay to everyone?

Okay, I'm up for starting a new thread and will try to do it in the next few days. If I don't you all have permission to ignore me forever more ;)

Thanks for all your help, Cleon, and apologies for not PMing you or one of the other mods rather than posting here - I genuinely didn't know you could PM people on here! Oops. I'll drop you a line when the new thread is up and maybe you can update the official links thread for us?

Sound okay to everyone?

That's fine :)

Where have you asked? I've not seen anyone mention it until last night, so if you could point me in the direction of those you've asked I can check it up. Why not simply PM a mod and ask them? Seems strange that all this ranting yet not a single one of you have PM'd a mod directly......

Thread ownership can't be passed on its not possible. So you have 2 options. Either start a new thread or let us know which posts need to go where.

Well, personally I touched the subject in post #186 and there a few other post in the thread as well.

Again I can only speak for myself, but I really honest to god didn't think you guys wanted to be PM'ed as I figured you must get thousands of PM's every day :-)

And also the mods are (rightfully) very quick in other threads, especially in this sub forum when ever i.e. a player thread isn't living up to the forum standards or household rules ;-) It's easy to assume the same would've happened in this thread…

Anyway, I'll make a mental sticky note to PM you guys in the future IF I stumble upon a similar issue :-P

Sound okay to everyone?

Sounds VERY ok! :-D Already looking forward to it! Thanks in advance enders357… would've done it myself if only life in general allowed me to do so :-P

Finally got round to setting up my Spurs save last night, so hopefully I'll be able to contribute to a good thread further :) Or the new thread that gets created :D

Is Paulinho really that bad? Him and Capoue will be back up to Sandro and Dembele when I use a midfield two but I tend to rotate quite a lot so was thinking I'll use him quite often.

Finally got round to setting up my Spurs save last night, so hopefully I'll be able to contribute to a good thread further :) Or the new thread that gets created :D

Is Paulinho really that bad? Him and Capoue will be back up to Sandro and Dembele when I use a midfield two but I tend to rotate quite a lot so was thinking I'll use him quite often.

If you rotate a lot like I do then deifnitely keep him - I've found him perfectly adequate against mid-table/lower teams.

The only reason I didn't renew his cotnract when it expired was because of promising young players coming through for the space.

November 2015

With four wins and a draw at Emirates I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed, but something just isn't clicking. Defence is still not as stable as last season and Agüero and Giovinco are underperforming. Maybe I should be more patient and give them time to gel, as they were purchased only a couple of months ago? And they haven't been horrible even, just going through a bit of a dry spell lately.

So to the positives.. I'm still top of the league, five points ahead of Chelsea, after 13 games (10-3-0). I have 33 points, Chelsea has 28, followed by City at 27 and United at 26. Qualified from my UCL group with one group match still to be played, Marseille at home, with them been qualified already, too. So only the top spot to play for in that match, I only need a draw, as I'm ahead by two points.

4.11.2015 Champions League Group G

Tottenham 2 (Lamela 10, Eriksen 14)

Galatasaray 0

7.11.2015 Premier League

Tottenham 3 (Romero 12, Lamela 26, Mitrovic 77)

Cardiff 1 (Carroll 88, Medel s/o 38)

21.11.2015 Premier League

Liverpool 0

Tottenham 2 (Agüero 36, Dede 79)

24.11.2015 Champions League Group G

Steaua 2 (Tanase 33, Iancu 88)

Tottenham 4 (Benzia 17, 56, 64, Lamela 59)

29.11.2015 Premier League

Arsenal 0

Tottenham 0

Next up City at WHL in a couple of days. Have only beaten them once in four matches so far, wish me luck..

If you rotate a lot like I do then deifnitely keep him - I've found him perfectly adequate against mid-table/lower teams.

The only reason I didn't renew his cotnract when it expired was because of promising young players coming through for the space.

That's fair enough then, he'll certainly get games that's for sure. Thanks for that.

Might try and ship Adebayor out but I'm not banking on it. Just need to find a left back but finding them in short supply seen as though Porto won't let go of Alex Sandro for less than £20m. May play Vertonghen there tbh and buy a new CB. Decisions.

Hi guys, as discussed in this thread we're starting a new FM14 Official THFC thread and here's where it can be found: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/375778-FM14-Tottenham-Hotspur-quot-%93-Sold-Elvis-and-bought-The-Beatles...-quot?p=9237007#post9237007

I've started it off now and will update some content shortly and fill out all the OPs in the next day or so - it's all there bar some screenshots. Let's get cracking!

Archived