FM14: Inter Milan - Shooting for Europe!

D0bi

Yeah, I have Icardi, Belfodil and Destro for the AF. Rescaldani, Longo and Livaja for the DLF.

I cant loan Crisetig out for love nor money - he was at Samp at the end of last season and did ok

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive given Crisetig a go in the team, and he's done quite well. He played originally as Duncan and Benassinwere both injured. After selling Kovacic for £45m and Raider for £12m plus 40% of next fee, I have no need to sell. Real just offered £50m to Gomez but I'd want £70m+

I'm usually just about alright as a few younger players don't need to be registered like Benassi an Duncan due to U_21 rules

Thing is that many younger players get <10 games per season. No real development will occur if they get that little IMO

Thing is that many younger players get <10 games per season. No real development will occur if they get that little IMO

Pasa, Malik, Mbaye, Bazina (regen), Benassi, Duncan, Cerri all managed 10+ games for me last year whilst Capello, Tassi and a few Regens got around 5-6 games.

All those mentioned in the 10+ category bar Cerri will probably get over 20 games this season, whilst Cerri is unlucky that Longo, Rescaldani, Belfodil and Icardi have all turned out very well. He's only 19 though so around 15 games isn't unrealistic. I think he played 20 games total last season and hit around 11 goals. He also scored for fun this pre-season, he hit 5 in a game three times (admittedly against non-league sides.)

Real keep tempting me with offers for Gomez, they're up to £55m but he's started the season well, unless I get a record breaking offer I'll keep him. I have no need to sell as I already have a £98m transfer budget.

I think i'll take the risk of completely changing the philosophy next season and move from rapid counter attacking towards more possession and pressing. Quite a few of the players I've bought seem capable and between Pasa, Malik, and Canli (regen from ajax - I'll post his attributes when I do a Summer Transfer Round-up) I have a defence that's very comfortable with the ball.

My usual rule is 2 per position with an exception at AMC and GK.

My squad so far:

GK: Handanovic, Bardi, Carizzo

DC: Álvarez Balanta, Juan Jesus, Ranocchia, Andreolli, Bellusci, MBaye, Bianchetti, Benedetti, Donkor

DM: Fernando, Cambiasso, Mariga

ML: Pereira, Obi, Nagatomo, Murru

MC: Guarin, Taider, Crisetig, Benassi

MR: Zuculini, Vrsaljko

AMC: Kovacic, Álvarez, Gomez, Lazaro, Lanzini

ST: Icardi, Rescaldani, Belfodil, Destro, Livaja

Then in my reserves I have:

Belec

Pasa

Pecorini

Spendlhofer

Alborno

Olsen

Romano

Savitskiy

Tremolada

Bessa

Then out on loan I have Laxalt, Rossi, Longo, Duncan, Ventre, Capello, Appiah, Puscas

Too many players!

Take for example, I have 1 (2 if I sell Andreolli/Juan) space for a young CB. DO I take

Simone Pasa:

dqp1pY7.png

Lukas Spendlhofer

dONq3I1.png

Simone Benedetti

OhOSbol.png

Matteo Bianchetti

Ss1JI78.png

Koln want Spendlhofer on loan, no guarantee he'll say yes though. My other feeder team is Pisa in Serie B, but I need someone better to send players to

Out of those I'd probably take Spendlhofer and Bianchetti, but they're all around the same level.

Inter Milan Season 3 Summer Transfer Window Round-Up

I'll start off with my Transfers. What's visible is only "Cash" transfers and excludes Co-ownership deals and loans. In terms of co-ownerships I brought back Crisetig who will get 10-15 games in my first team this season, Livaja who has gone out on loan to Torino with the aim of getting more game time than he'd get in Milan. I also fully bought Alessandro Capello who will hopefully get a few games this season, whilst I also bought the remaining 50% of Rene Krhin who I sent on loan to my affiliate Sporting in Spain to get some game time. In terms of loans, they were mostly youngsters but Mattia Perin joined Udinese for a year to gain first-team experience (after I rejected a £4.5m bid from them in summer) and Michael Ventre joined Serie B side Lecce for the season, whilst Georghe Puskas joined Pisa on loan and has so far scored 4 goals in 4 appearances.

Now on to actual transfers:

Inter_TransfersTransferHistory_zps3b8ccad9.png

Outs

Kovacic - After starring in our highly successful European Cup run of last season it's no surprise to hear that Kovacic was in such high demand. In addition to PSG, there were offers from Monaco, Dortmund and Manchester City of a similar amount. I simply couldn't turn down that money.

MateoKovacic_OverviewProfile-3_zps09b5c387.png

Laxalt + Andreolli - Simply put they were not really at the quality necessary when you play for Inter.

Taider - His total transfer package will be worth around £12.5m in addition to 40% of his next sell on clause. It's not a huge fee, but he was only ever a rotation option at best for me and so it gives me the chance to blood in some younger players. the 40% of next fee clause means I can feasibly buy him back much cheaper if I want to in future.

Forte and Di Gennaro - Both young players who could go on to have decent careers at Serie B level and possibly low-Serie A in future.

Ins

Emilio Spano - Recommended to me by a scout after he hit a hat-trick against us in a youth game, looks like he'll go on to have an excellent career.

EmilioSpanograve_OverviewProfile_zpse42c7944.png

Lucas Evangelista - This is the man I chose to replace Kovacic. Costing a reasonable amount and has the potential to be as good as Kovacic, I'm very happy to get him in.

LucasEvangelista_OverviewProfile_zps4cdb4716.png

Ozer Canli - Another excellent player rolls of the Ajax conveyor belt. A superb defender with no real weaknesses, Canli could stay with us for 15 years and I would be pleased, his low wages are a bonus too.

OumlzerCanl1_OverviewProfile_zpsa6403c95.png

So there are my transfers. We have started the season strongly, we beat Napoli 1-0 to retain the Super Cup before recording 2 wins and a draw in our opening three games.

I was thinking Benedetti was the better option...Reckon I should sell Andreolli then and keep 2?

I found Evangelista yesterday! Looks good.

Do you still have Nagatomo, Guarin & Alvaro Pereira?

Not sure i'm 100% behind the Laxalt comment - he's turned out really well on mine. I must have got lucky

I was thinking Benedetti was the better option...Reckon I should sell Andreolli then and keep 2?

I'd get rid of Andreolli, not only are all of those slightly better than him ability wise, they are all on lower wages combined than him. Bianchetti and Benedetti look pretty similar but Bianchetti has a bit more speed about him than Benedetti - it probably comes down to preference I suppose, if you play a deep back-line then speed won't matter as much as it would if you play a high-line.

I found Evangelista yesterday! Looks good.

Where is he at on your save? He was at Monterrey in mine, they also have a very strong looking left-back (Regen) who I might go back for later. He's started strongly but I don't really judge players on their first 6-12 months at the club, especially in midfield as my tactic relies on a quick transition from defence to attack which means the midfield often gets bypassed. Kovacic for example had around 20 combined goals/assists in the first season, but only 8 combined goals/assists second season because I changed my tactic. He still played well (better in fact, according to his average rating) in his second season. Next year when I move to a more Barcelona-esque tactic I expect to see better stats from the midfielders.

Do you still have Nagatomo, Guarin & Alvaro Pereira?

I sold Nagatomo at the start of the second season to Liverpool for £13.75m. I really like him in real life but I wanted to bring Joel Obi through and Pereira didn't get as many offers (and I only wanted to keep one of them). I still have Guarin, partly because he is a very good player but also partly because he's only worth £5.5m somehow and nobody wants him. He performs very well though and will probably stay long-term. As I said before, Pereira is still in my squad and is my #1 left wing back at present, I know I can rely on him.

Not sure i'm 100% behind the Laxalt comment - he's turned out really well on mine. I must have got lucky

Yeah I imagine he has a negative potential so he probably got a low-end potential in my game. I'll let you know if he does anything special at his new club.

[Obligatory words to meet the word limit]

I'll probably sell Andreolli then. I need to sell one of Nagatomo/Pereira - Pereira has started to develop a few niggly injuries. Then next season I'll shift the other on to leave me with Obi/Murru and the WBL at Catania at the start (forgotten his name, co-owned!)

EDIT: I believe that Evangelista is still at Desportivo in my save

I'll probably sell Andreolli then. I need to sell one of Nagatomo/Pereira - Pereira has started to develop a few niggly injuries. Then next season I'll shift the other on to leave me with Obi/Murru and the WBL at Catania at the start (forgotten his name, co-owned!)

EDIT: I believe that Evangelista is still at Desportivo in my save

Biraghi? I keep looking at him and say I'll buy him at the end of the season, but Catania keep "delaying" the co-ownership decision. He looks pretty solid on my game, so I might go back in for him.

Gomez is looking unreal at the minute, retrained to natural at AML and taught to use both feet:

RodrigoGoacutemez_OverviewProfile-3_zpsff0a1529.png

Took him about 6 months to settle in (I bought him in January) and learn to use both feet + a new position but since then he's been unstoppable. At times he was my "Bale", he'd just decide to go on a run in the 88th minute and drag us to 3 points if we were playing badly. He's also pretty handy defensively, if we need to hold on to a lead he does well as a Defensive Winger helping to keep things tight with 14 tackling and 12 positioning.

RodrigoGoacutemez_HistoryCareerStats_zps85dfac02.png

Yeah, Biraghi, thats it. How long does it take for a player to get "Natural" position status? Zuculini has been on MR for about 18 months to no avail

Are you playing him in that position? I played Gomez as an AML as soon as he turned competent in the role. It could also be down to his "Versatility" rating in the game. If that's low it will take longer.

Are you playing him in that position? I played Gomez as an AML as soon as he turned competent in the role. It could also be down to his "Versatility" rating in the game. If that's low it will take longer.

Yeah, Zuculini is my starting MR now that Zanetti has retired. He is accomplished so thats ok, but would rather natural

Tempted to be brave and sell both Nagatomo and Alvaro Pereira. Get Biraghi back and use him, Obi and Murru

Yeah, Zuculini is my starting MR now that Zanetti has retired. He is accomplished so thats ok, but would rather natural

Tempted to be brave and sell both Nagatomo and Alvaro Pereira. Get Biraghi back and use him, Obi and Murru

Is Murru a regen?

Just had a scare against BATE in the Champions League. It was the first game of the group stage and I decided to give the reserves/kids a go. Found myself 2-1 down at half time so brought on Rescaldani, Icardi and Evangelista and won 3-2. Phew. Real Madrid were almost held to a draw against Olympiakos, which would have helped me later on if they dropped points, but Ronaldo scored in the 94th minute.

Is Murru a regen?

Just had a scare against BATE in the Champions League. It was the first game of the group stage and I decided to give the reserves/kids a go. Found myself 2-1 down at half time so brought on Rescaldani, Icardi and Evangelista and won 3-2. Phew. Real Madrid were almost held to a draw against Olympiakos, which would have helped me later on if they dropped points, but Ronaldo scored in the 94th minute.

Nah, Nicola Murru from Cagliari. Current u21 international

I have Rescaldani loaned to Sampdoria and he just won an award for being the top goalscorer in Champions League with Sampdoria. I guess he will be a starter for me next season as I'm planning to sell Icardi. Just sold Benassi(valued 30M) for 49M€ + 20% of next transfer, love it!

Thank you. Which roles do you have set up for your strikers?

Rescaldani is a Target Man (Support) with Icardi being an Advanced Forward (attack). I usually team that with Gomez (or Belfodil) playing Inside Forward (Attack) on the wing.

I've just taken over at Inter half way through my second season, after having started at Everton (annoyingly I actually signed Mateo Kovacic for Everton). It looked like such an amazing challenge I couldn't turn it down (especially after they only finished 11th in their first season). The squad looks largely the same as at the start of the game so the OPs have been a big help.

Any tips for a new Inter manager?

How do the finances tend to work out? I took over with a -£27m transfer budget!

I've just taken over at Inter half way through my second season, after having started at Everton (annoyingly I actually signed Mateo Kovacic for Everton). It looked like such an amazing challenge I couldn't turn it down (especially after they only finished 11th in their first season). The squad looks largely the same as at the start of the game so the OPs have been a big help.

Any tips for a new Inter manager?

How do the finances tend to work out? I took over with a -£27m transfer budget!

Italy has extremely good television revenues so you'll be raking it in come the end of the season. Challenge is to get the high earners off the wage bill with Milito (145k), Cambiasso (130k) and Palacio (74k) on high wages relative to their usefulness. Once you get rid of them the finances are extremely solid.

Italy has extremely good television revenues so you'll be raking it in come the end of the season. Challenge is to get the high earners off the wage bill with Milito (145k), Cambiasso (130k) and Palacio (74k) on high wages relative to their usefulness. Once you get rid of them the finances are extremely solid.

Excellent, will do. When I looked in to the salaries I was pretty chocked to find a bunch of players who are now cover, at best, taking up huge parts of the wage bill.

Let a few people go on frees and recalled Alfred Duncan, Mbaye and Spendlhofer from loans to provide back up - don't have much choice as I'm on a transfer embargo at the moment while rumours about a takeover abound. Anyone else been taken over? What kind of owners did you get?

Oh, and the results! Got them playing a fast paced, high pressing 3-5-2 and it's taken everyone by surprise. Taken them from 11th to 3rd in 10 games, and beat AC Milan 6-1!

Excellent, will do. When I looked in to the salaries I was pretty chocked to find a bunch of players who are now cover, at best, taking up huge parts of the wage bill.

Let a few people go on frees and recalled Alfred Duncan, Mbaye and Spendlhofer from loans to provide back up - don't have much choice as I'm on a transfer embargo at the moment while rumours about a takeover abound. Anyone else been taken over? What kind of owners did you get?

Oh, and the results! Got them playing a fast paced, high pressing 3-5-2 and it's taken everyone by surprise. Taken them from 11th to 3rd in 10 games, and beat AC Milan 6-1!

Yeah 3-5-2 is a perfect fit for Inter; any formation with 3 at the back is my favourite. All three of the players you've mentioned develop extremely well, and there are more who will match their potential as well.

I've never been taken over, although in the next patch I imagine Thohir will be set as chairman which means a takeover would be less likely. In-game Moratti loves the club and the only thing likely to make him sell is his age - I'm not sure if there is a set age where a chairman retires but if there is Moratti can't be far from it.

Yeah 3-5-2 is a perfect fit for Inter; any formation with 3 at the back is my favourite. All three of the players you've mentioned develop extremely well, and there are more who will match their potential as well.

I've never been taken over, although in the next patch I imagine Thohir will be set as chairman which means a takeover would be less likely. In-game Moratti loves the club and the only thing likely to make him sell is his age - I'm not sure if there is a set age where a chairman retires but if there is Moratti can't be far from it.

My takeover went through in January 2015. They pumped £50m in to the transfer budget and immediately upgraded the training and youth facilities. Happy Days!

In my save takeover went through January 2014. Portugalian bussinesman Pimenta Machado bought club and pumped 44 m in balance. I have mixed feelings. On the one side it`s very good and provide stability to financial health but on the other side i think it`s a bit unrealistic because irl as i know Macado is a former Guimaraes chairman and he is not so rich to buy those clubs like Inter. May be i`m mistaken. What do you think guys?

season 2016-2017 ; Milan are very close with Walter smith as their manager (previously Wenger was the manager, he retires) and Wayne Rooney their best player. still four or three games to the end and we're so close to win our fifth scudetto in a row , and we're on the semi-final of the Champions League.

We play 4-3-3.

ps: the Serie A is easy .

Ps: My contract ends in 2018, so i continue and i renew my contract and finish the project or i find another challenge? what do you think ?

Sounds quite successful then. How are you getting on in the league?

Finished my first season (2014-15) in second place, having taken over with the club in 11th after about 12 games. Pretty delighted! Won 14 of my last 16 league games.

Playing a bit of a Pochettino philosophy (press, press, press, transition from back to front fast), coupled with a Conte like 3-5-2. I signed Mitrovic in January and have him as a TM next Belfodil's AF and it's working excellently.

I jumped on the Rescaldani bandwagon after reading this thread and signed him on loan for Parma 1st season, he was top class he played 38 games an scored 25 goals. He finished top goalscorer in Serie A & won the Europe's Golden Boot. I made a mistake of not including a future transfer fee an now he's worth £6m an labelled the next Christian Vieri, actual gutted right now lol.

I jumped on the Rescaldani bandwagon after reading this thread and signed him on loan for Parma 1st season, he was top class he played 38 games an scored 25 goals. He finished top goalscorer in Serie A & won the Europe's Golden Boot. I made a mistake of not including a future transfer fee an now he's worth £6m an labelled the next Christian Vieri, actual gutted right now lol.

At least you got a good year out of him! Try asking Velez how much they want for him, you may get a positive response. If you finished in the European spots you could use the money to purchase him.

At least you got a good year out of him! Try asking Velez how much they want for him, you may get a positive response. If you finished in the European spots you could use the money to purchase him.

Yeah I know mate was delighted with how he performed. I finished 6th so got a Europa League place and have just been given £25m to spend so going to see how much Velez want, hopefully not too much as I need a few players. I have to sort my finances out 1st though before I can sign anybody as my wage budget was £20k in the clear an then I got about 50 messages regarding co-ownership deals & players back from loans and now my wage budget is £250k in the red. I never realised how many players Parma actually had lol.

How has Lorenzo Crisetig been for you, he was the only player I bought in the co-owernship deals and I paid £500k for his other half.

Solid player, certainly capable of being a solid player for anyone other than perhaps Juventus and a couple of the other big sides who have strong midfields. He was a rotation player for me at Inter (which was a title-winning and Champions League finalist team) and always did very well when he played.

He should develop even better for you with consistent game time, so he's a good buy. Also look at some of Inter's youth players such as Duncan, Pasa, Mbaye and Capello who could be good Serie A players second season (not so much Capello yet) and shouldn't command high fees.

I managed him on last years FM and he was brilliant, so I am hoping he turns out similar this year. I cancelled my feeder team he was on loan at 1st season so I could develop him right away, he got quite a lot game time too so hopefully develops pretty well.

Yeah I had looked at a couple of those players you mentioned after reading this thread and seeing how well you developed them. I will have a look at the other players you mentioned and keep a eye on them. Cheers :thup:

q9Zw0ox.png

Pre season

8maf3fJ.png

Decided to play around with the tactic and played youngsters with the first team. Should have beaten Hannover and Leverkusen. No complaint to 2-0 loss to Villarreal, we had to play youth team as most of our first team players was on International duty.

Suppercopa Final

jIQW8gE.png

We was fantastic against them from first minute to the end. Kovačić ran the show and even scored a 47 yards lob :D

Transfers

gzKQKf1.png

In

qBAmyXv.png

As we sold Alvaro Pereira and we're short on left back, Had to battle with Barcelona for him and pleased to see him sign for us.

F52iyDd.png

Decent signing for us. Was hoping to lure Varane from Real Madrid but they refused to discuss a deal with me :( My scout found him.

0pHzP0C.png

For the future.

kiq3nZb.png

Very promising player for us and will be back up to right back position.

Sjsw8L3.png

Back up to the left back position.

mPRR1a0.png

Impressive stats for a 15 years old! Couldn't miss out on him.

aJSLq4S.png

They got relegated in the league and he was unhappy. Was in talks with them and kept demanding 8m for him which I reluctantly agree and decided to pull out a week later and offered 5m which they bizarrely accepted :D

R1Fv5vv.png

Decided to bring him in to add more firepower.

Out:

30M for Rannocchia was too good to turn down. Decided to let Cambiasso out on loan. Did originally offer him to club but Atletico only came in with a loan offer. and most of the players gone out on loan to gain experience. Out going in total was 57.67m

q9Zw0ox.png

Serie A 2014/15 – Inter Milan

B40oz6P.png

Delighted how we started the season. We got slightly outplayed by Lazio but thankfully Balanta scored the winning goal. We travelled to our next match against Livorno and we played great. Delighted to see Mitrovic scored his first goal for us. Made a tactical change at half time by switching his setting from support to attack and excel in second half. We also stuck with the same team. Walter Samuel also performing well for us over 2 games even he's at 36!!

UEFA Champions League Group E

94y6Ajg.png

Pretty happy with the draw after a season without Europe. Decent group for us, I’m confident of topping the group. Our first match will be away to Borussia Dortmund. Also Dortmund are defending champion.

Transfers

RF8TuBx.png

He finally has arrived from Santos :cool: Shame he is currently injured for 3-4 weeks :(

gYXgySX.png

Made another addition to the club. Costing me 1-2M from Fortuna Sittard. He's currently being tutored by Samuel.

Ahhh :D

You still playing your Inter save D0bi?

I am, but infrequently. I've lot a bit of interest over Christmas in it since I sold Kovacic and lost the CL Final. I've got a fun save going on with Bayern Munchen at the moment, although I will probably gravitate back to the Inter save before long.

You did the right thing by turning down the Kovacic offer, I managed to get around £45m for him which is too much money for me to turn down. I had a tough time replacing him though but settled for Lucas Evangelista who's not quite on Matteo's level but not far off.

Archived