FM14: Inter Milan - Shooting for Europe!

D0bi

Anyone still got Palacio/Milito? I feel I may have to allow them to leave :( Sad times

Ezequiel Rescaldani however has been a bargain however.

Just lost my 1st league game of season 2. 1-4 at home vs Samp. 4 points behind Juve but sitting well in the CL

I still have Palacio, playing great for me as trequesta. Sold Milito to Liverpool for 7M.

Screenshot of Rescaldani?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

izhTxS9.png

November 2013

Sitting top on goal difference :thup: Surprisingly to see Livorno 2nd :eek:

It bodes well for you if Livorno are 2nd, check how Bardi, Benassi, Mbaye and Duncan are doing for them, as they're all on loan from Inter. In my save Duncan and Mbaye in particular improved massively over the course of the season.

It bodes well for you if Livorno are 2nd, check how Bardi, Benassi, Mbaye and Duncan are doing for them, as they're all on loan from Inter. In my save Duncan and Mbaye in particular improved massively over the course of the season.

Will take a look at them :thup:

Bardi has played 14 games so far. Duncan, Benassi and Mbaye looks promising and played handful of games for them as well.

izhTxS9.png

December 2013

9T4uPxT.png

Fantastic month for us as we heading into winter break. only one goal conceded :D Good win over Sampdoria. I rested all my players (bar Samuel, Zanetti(just came back from 9 months out), Pereira, Mudingayi and Ranocchia) against Modena, pleased to see we came through with a win. We drawn against AC Milan away in next round. We could have beaten Roma but couldn't score. We absolutely stuffed Ac Milan, they only took 2 shots entire game, we should have scored more. Torino went utterly defensive against us by playing 5-3-2 and stopped us from playing by fouling 16 times. And they ended up injuring Palacio :(

Table

TctSY96.png

Great to see we have opened up a 3 points gap :cool: Could have been 6 if we beaten Torino.

They haven't improved much on my save, but then I haven't been able to play them much

I started my save on the Demo last night. Didn't even get round to doing much, so many things to take care of at the start!

Couple of questions:

- What formations are you guys using? I am probably going to try something pretty wacky, but will likely have few wide players up top.

- Have you asked for more coaches? Apparently I already have more than I am allowed, but ideally need to bring in a couple more.

I started my save on the Demo last night. Didn't even get round to doing much, so many things to take care of at the start!

Couple of questions:

- What formations are you guys using? I am probably going to try something pretty wacky, but will likely have few wide players up top.

- Have you asked for more coaches? Apparently I already have more than I am allowed, but ideally need to bring in a couple more.

I'm currently using 4-2-2-2 formation.

I sacked one coach and I managed to bring in 2 coaches. Chairman just agreed to extended it to 16 coaches :cool:

Couple of questions:

If you're after wide players you may have to buy a few, there's only really Alvarez, Guarin, Palacio and Belfodil capable of playing there and none of them are naturally wingers, the latter two being primarily strikers whilst Alvarez and Guarin are much more effective centrally.

In terms of coaches, they come under "Other Staff" this year, so it may be worth getting rid of a physio or two, as well as a fitness coach (you only really need 2, in my opinion, not the 3 you start off with) which should give you some leeway.

If you're after wide players you may have to buy a few, there's only really Alvarez, Guarin, Palacio and Belfodil capable of playing there and none of them are naturally wingers, the latter two being primarily strikers whilst Alvarez and Guarin are much more effective centrally.

In terms of coaches, they come under "Other Staff" this year, so it may be worth getting rid of a physio or two, as well as a fitness coach (you only really need 2, in my opinion, not the 3 you start off with) which should give you some leeway.

Thanks D0bi. I actually meant I would have few wide players, one of the reasons I wanted to try Inter.

Thinking of something like:

--DR-DC-DC--------

----DM-HB--CWB---

------CM------------

----AM--AM----

-------FC-------

That is a very loose idea. but yeah width will be provided by one highly attack focused Wingback and a roaming central creative player, probably a Tq.

Thanks for the tip on the staff. I was unaware of this so will deffo be rearranging the structure for this.

Thanks D0bi. I actually meant I would have few wide players, one of the reasons I wanted to try Inter.

Thinking of something like:

--DR-DC-DC--------

----DM-HB--CWB---

------CM------------

----AM--AM----

-------FC-------

That is a very loose idea. but yeah width will be provided by one highly attack focused Wingback and a roaming central creative player, probably a Tq.

Thanks for the tip on the staff. I was unaware of this so will deffo be rearranging the structure for this.

Seems like a very interesting tactic! I'd love to see how it pans out :D

I've just started a fresh game as Inter, aiming to sign only one Over-18 player each season and limiting myself to just two Under-18 transfers. Hopefully this'll make me rely more on Inter's outstanding youngsters. I've just beat Palermo 5-1 in the Coppa Italia with Kovacic scoring 4 and assisting one, he's unbelievable as an Attacking Midfielder (Attack).

Shall I get Radja Nainggolan for 10.5M?

He's a very solid DM, but you already have Cambiasso, Kuzmanovic, Mudingayi and Mariga, amongst others, capable of playing there. You could also look at Fernando (of FC Porto) who is similar and usually on the transfer list for around 4m.

Sold Kuzmanovic to Dinamo Moscow. Think Im just going to stick with Mudingayi and Mariga for now. Also got and Dabo from U's19 and Duncan who is on loan to Livorno.

Out of curiosity how much did you get for Kuzman? I've always had trouble selling him, probably due to the lack of games he gets!

izhTxS9.png

January 2014

bzeUIxi.png

Another cracking month with clean sheets racking up! been 990 minutes since we last conceded! Livorno put up a cracking fight against us and our loanee performed well against us espicially Bardi who has a decent game until Honda scored a free kick from 25 yards :D. Played fringe/youth players against AC Milan in TIM Cup, wasn't interested in this competition this season. We found it hard to break down Sassuolo and they deserved the draw against us. After 2 weeks out with ankle injury, Palacio started against Fiorentina and is on fire! with 4 goals :cool:

Table

hhonfDV.png

Sitting up with 7 points ahead of Juventus :D

Transfers ideas

I'm going to start looking for a right back as I got 2 ageing right back and Wallace who is on loan from Chelsea. and a defender for back up to our current defence as I feel we our reserves and U's19 defenders isn't good enough. Unfortunately I won't be going for foreigners players as I have already signed 2 :( will look at countries like Spain, Holland, Ukraine and France for my targets for those 2 positions.

DM wise the best probably would be Gaston Gil Romero, into my 4th season for Milan and he's worth £31M. Can play BBM, DLP, BWM, Anchorman but he's best at defensive mid. IF you want a CB, Elio Capradossi from Roma. He's 10 times better then Daniele Rugani and I got offered £30M which I accepted from City. And he's 16-17 in 2013. For your wingback I'd get Nicola Murru from Cagliari, they'll probably ask for about £11M.

Off topic but I bought Alberto Cerri from Parma in first season for only £825K and just sold him to Southampton for £49M. He's worth £44M. - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Screenshot2013-12-04at34632PM_zpsedc2e1fa.png.html

Nainggolan looked great, but I struggled financially 1st season so couldn't afford him. Sold Kuzmanovic for 5 million, but I'm still paying 20k/week wages!

Yeah I've ended up loaning him out to France for the season, I'm still paying 10% of his wages but also getting £35k per month as a fee so I'm still making a profit off him. He'll have 3 years left on his contract too when he returns so hopefully I'll be able to get a decent fee off him.

In terms of starting XI Mark, I've gone with this more often than not:

FCInternazionale_TacticsOverview-5_zpse2ee9088.png

On the wings, Nagatomo and Pereira are interchangable, as are Jonathan and Wallace. The 3 cb's are all first-choice, but i'll occasionally rotate in either Andreoli (more for cup games) or Samuel. Up front Milito interchanges with Belfodil whilst Icardi swaps with Palacio.

Played 5 competitive games, 14 goals scored 1 conceded (in a 5-1 win over Palermo in the Coppa Italia) so it's going very well at the moment.

Going very strongly in the league, behind only Napoli after 8 games. Happy with the amount of goals we've conceded (1) as well as how many we've scored.

SerieA_OverviewStages_zps6627dab3.png

However, I've been getting some very strong results in the U19's and I decided to check out how they've been doing. Bearing in mind they have been instructed to play the exact same tactics that I play with, have a peek at how many goals they've managed to score (and unfortunately, concede).

SerieA_OverviewStages-2_zpsaa735291.png

I'm gonna have to start watching some of these matches!

Thanks D0bi, that is sort of similar to how I am lining up. Except I just have a back two with a Halfback (Cambiasso) and then have 2 AMs rather than 2 STs.

How good is Alvarez? He is wanted so I could sell him. Likely got the tried and true Honda coming in.

Thanks D0bi, that is sort of similar to how I am lining up. Except I just have a back two with a Halfback (Cambiasso) and then have 2 AMs rather than 2 STs.

How good is Alvarez? He is wanted so I could sell him. Likely got the tried and true Honda coming in.

Well done on getting Honda, he chose Everton over me. Still, I've managed to sign Rodrigo Gomez as my Over-18 player for this season who'll join in January. Alvarez has been nothing special to me, I've tried playing him occasionally to raise interest but nothing yet.

EDIT: He's just come and demanded a transfer (he's not played the last 2 games...), which I've granted. Now I'm trying to get a fee anywhere near £5m and he can go. Gives someone like Benassi or Duncan space to fit in to the team next year.

DM wise the best probably would be Gaston Gil Romero, into my 4th season for Milan and he's worth £31M. Can play BBM, DLP, BWM, Anchorman but he's best at defensive mid. IF you want a CB, Elio Capradossi from Roma. He's 10 times better then Daniele Rugani and I got offered £30M which I accepted from City. And he's 16-17 in 2013. For your wingback I'd get Nicola Murru from Cagliari, they'll probably ask for about £11M.

Off topic but I bought Alberto Cerri from Parma in first season for only £825K and just sold him to Southampton for £49M. He's worth £44M. - http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Screenshot2013-12-04at34632PM_zpsedc2e1fa.png.html

I will take a look at Gaston Gil Romero, Elio Capradossi and Murru.

I also tried to get Cerri from Parma, but rejected me to join PSG :(

You've done incredibly well to get that much for Guarin! In previous saves he's done absolutely nothing for me but this time he's doing quite well indeed so I'll probably keep him until Benassi develops to a similar level.

EDIT: I bloody hate Carrizo! He's so unreliable in goal, conceded 2 goals in 10 games in the league with Handanovic, Carrizo steps in whilst Handanovic is injured and we concede 2 in 2 games :herman:*

On the other hand, got Ternana up next in the Cup, last chance for Carrizo to prove himself against what should be easy opposition. Going to give either Capello, Puscas or Cerri a start up front as well as give Andreolli and Mariga starts to boost their value. Thinking about it i'll probably play Alvarez too to try and boost his value and the likelihood of a January transfer. I'll probably line up:

Icardi - Puscas

Alvarez

Mariga - Guarin/Taider

Nagatomo ----------------------Zanetti**

Andreoli - Ranocchia - Campagnaro

Carrizo

*I'm not basing it off two games, he's been the same in my early Inter saves.

** He's finally fit, I've been introducing him for the last 5-10 minutes for the last 2 games so he should be about ready to start a game. He's not scored a goal for 3 years so that's my new aim for the season :D (Hello new Penalty taker!)

I've kept Guarin as I like him IRL. Doesn't perform fantastically mind.

Rescaldani has 8 goals in 11 games and has the 2nd higghest average rating in the league at the moment. Such a bargain, genuinely surprised

I will take a look at Gaston Gil Romero, Elio Capradossi and Murru.

I also tried to get Cerri from Parma, but rejected me to join PSG :(

Yea start of my game Cerri was targeted by PSG as well, so as a 17 year old he was on £18K a month. Had to offer him that muchto make sure I wouldn't be beaten. Never renewed his contract, he was always happy with it.

15 Matches in and my unbeaten run was finally ended, naturally, by A.C. Milan. Lost 2-1 after having a goal wrongly ruled out for offside and then the referee giving Kaka a penalty which according to the Newspapers was an awful decision. When I complained to the F.A. they did their usual "remained silent".

Managed to turn things around by beating Juventus 2-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza however to stay top. Napoli remain 2 points behind. Just confirmed the signings of Rescaldani (Thanks UTT) for £325k in January and also Rodrigo Gomez for £2.8m who looks a great inside forward. I'll keep Gomez and get him training as an inside forward on the left, but I might have to loan Rescaldani out, or tutor him, as there's a fair bit of competition up top.

Also managed to get Samuel down to £30k p/w and lower appearance/clean sheet bonuses, as well as Cambiasso down to £83k p/w (same clauses as before) from £130k p/w and Milito down to £105k p/w from £145k p/w (slight reduction on clauses) which has saved me a lot of money.

Yes, another for Rescaldani. I'm playing him as a DLF (s) alongside an AF (a). Also was good at F9

EDIT: Will probably sell Álvarez, Botta, Samuel, Milito and Palacio this summer :(

I've been rotating him, but at the moment my strikers are Belfodil, Palacio, Milito, Icardi, Rescaldani and then potentially Simone Zaza (I'll talk about him further down) so Rescaldani may not get a game this season, unless I get rid of Milito or Palacio. Palacio has performed well, but is halfway through a 3 month injury whilst Milito has not started firing yet at all. I'm also playing Cerri, Capello and Puscas occasionally from the U19's so upfront does vary week in week out.

Back in November I got this message through:

JoatildeoBrandatildeo_NewsInbox_zps9472b3e2.png

Didn't really help as I'm not planning on buying many players and prefer to save my money but still nice to know!

Now on to Zaza, he played well in Sassuolo's game against me and again when I watched their Italian Cup match when I was seeing how Schelotto was getting on. I've just put an enquiry in to both Juve and Sassuolo and Juventus have asked for just £205k for their 50% which I've instantly snapped up and now i'm 50/50 with regards to either leaving him at Sassuolo for the rest of the season, or bringing him in getting him tutored and get him the odd game, which is looking more likely.

If anyone is short of a striker i'd recommend Zaza, here he is:

SimoneZaza_OverviewProfile_zpsbeda194c.png

Especially if you can get him for under £2m.

In the Cup, I've so far beaten Palermo, Ternana and Roma to reach the quarter finals where I'll face a Napoli side level on points with myself at the top of the table. Kovacic has 5 of his 8 goals in the cup, despite me playing Alvarez over him for 70 of the 90 minutes in the Cup.

I have Milito tutoring Rescaldani, seems to be working. I downgraded Zaza in the editor as he's overrated IMO.

How good to M'Baye, Duncan, Crisetig and Benassi become?

Yeah he's shown flashes this season (IRL) but a return of 2 (or possibly 3) goals so far isn't nowhere near, even if he has hit the bar an awful lot for Sass :D

If you want potentials, then click the spoiler (these are off the top of my head, so around 95% right), but I will say all have the potential to be first-team players.

M'Baye, Duncan definitely -8.

Crisetig almost certainly -8.

Marco Benassi is a -9

I'm going to get Palacio or Milito to tutor Rescaldani when they become available, whoever comes available first. Next year I could end up with Milito, Palacio, Belfodil, Icardi, Livaja, Capello, Puscas, Cerri, Zaza, Longo and Rescaldani. What will probably happen is:

One of Milito or Palacio will be sold, Puscas, Cerri and Capello will be tutored or possibly loaned out whilst Zaza, Longo and Rescaldani will be possibly around the first team/loaned whilst Icardi and Belfodil will be first choice.

Get Milito to tutor - better personality than Palacio

I'll have Rescaldani, Icardi, belfodil, Longo and Livaja next season,

What do Capello and Puscas look like on yours? And I assume Milito an Palacio have gone due to wage demands?

I really need to stop playing Carrizo, seriously. I'm top, Verona rock bottom 5 points from safety going in to this game. This was essentially a full strength team bar Andreolli and Carrizo and I was thoroughly outclassed. Ignore the possession stats, I average around 45% in most games and I think I've had one game this season where I went above 50%.

IntervVerona_OverviewOverview_zps9ceb1f74.png

Milito and Palacio are out of contract at the end of the season, by releasing them I save £200k. They haven't performed in the few games they have had. I kept Carrizo as I like him IRL and I thought he may tutor Bardi (though that ended badly!)

Puskas and

XxJjRmp.png

Capello

AnJZxaj.png

Both are a little neglected in all honesty. They don't look great, but I have just loaned them out so we will see

I'm playing a 3-4-1-2

Next season I'm hoping to have the following:

GK: Carrizo and Handanovic

DC: Álvarez Balanta, Juan Jesus, Ranocchia, Spendlhofer, Bellusci and Andreolli

DM: Cambiasso, Fernando

MC: Guarin, Taider

ML: Pereira, Nagatomo, Obi

MR: Zanetti, Zuculini, Vrskaljo

AMC: Peryera, Kovacic, Álvarez

ST: Belfodil, Icardi, Livaja, Longo and Rescaldani

Then I'll also have (floating in and around/on loan)

Bardi, Rodrigo Gomez, Duncan, Mbaye, Crisetig, Murru

Will probably offload Botta and Mariga

Both look quite promising given their age! Congratulations on beating Catania, they always seem to do well and they're 4th in the league for me. I sent Chivu out on loan to get some match fitness to St. Etienne for 2 months and they've just come back asking to extend it, which I accepted. Sold Alvarez for £3.5m as he was constantly moaning and I have Kovacic and Rodrigo Gomez for the AMC position at the moment.

Over summer I need to get rid of some strikers and some midfielders, most likely Palacio/Milito and then 2 or 3 midfielders such as Kuzmanovic, Mudingayi and Mariga.

Mudingayi would be the perfect tutor if he didn't keep refusing! Sold him for 300k to Zulte-Waregem. Glad to be rid. Mariga's never had a look in really. I sold Chivu to Livorno for 250k

EDIT: I find Catania ok really, under a lot of pressure but Icardi and Longo kept me out of it. Samp are my bogey team, smashed me 4-1 earlier on

Mudingayi would be the perfect tutor if he didn't keep refusing! Sold him for 300k to Zulte-Waregem. Glad to be rid. Mariga's never had a look in really. I sold Chivu to Livorno for 250k

EDIT: I find Catania ok really, under a lot of pressure but Icardi and Longo kept me out of it. Samp are my bogey team, smashed me 4-1 earlier on

Normally Verona and Catania do me in and indeed Verona beat me 3-0 at home, kept Catania quiet though.

Who's been scoring your goals? My top goalscorer is Belfodil on 10, then Kovacic on 9 and I'm in March!

1st season it was 12 Milito, 11 Palacio, 10 Belfodil and then maybe 8 Kovacic, 3 Andreolli, 3 Ranocchia etc. Very low all round

This season (2) in january I have Icardi on 11, Rescaldani on 8, Kovacic on 6, Obi on 5, Belfodil on 6 etc

No one spectacularly above the others

Just had a very promising Youth Intake. I was begging for wide players, centre backs and midfielders and I did very well indeed.

JoatildeoBrandatildeo_NewsInbox-3_zps6ec7acff.png

Carbone 4 and a half star CM/AM/ST [Possibly best player of his generation]

Renzo Cattani 4 star RB/WB/MR/AMR

Giuseppe Forneris 4 star AML/ST

Federico La Terra 3 and a half star MLC

Cristiano Ranieri 3 and a half star M/AMR

Peter Tiberio 3 and a half star GK.

Not bad at all! Carbone may actually get some games this year!

Well we did it! Napoli pushed us close before going off the boil in the last 5 games. I secured the title with back to back wins to A.C. Milan and Juventus with two games to spare.

SerieA_OverviewStages-3_zps513c64da.png

During the last two games I played a mostly youth side including players like Senna Malik, George Puscas and 4 or 5 regens and managed a 1-0 win against Cagliari before drawing 3-3 with Livorno.

My player of the season has to be Ranocchia, but special mentions must go to Rescaldani who managed 8 goals in just 14 games after joining in January to become our 3rd top scorer.

I don't think I'll sign anyone over summer, although Mattia Perin is coming in on a free. Mudingayi is joining Standard Liege for £400k and I'll try and sell Palacio/Milito as well as Kuzmanovic if possible.

I find it amusing to note that my first-team squad had the strongest attack, but also the toughest defence all season, whilst my U19 squad with the same tactics managed to almost double the goals scored/conceded of anyone else in their league over the season.

ItalianUnder19sGroup1_OverviewStages-3_zpsc67cc934.png

Scores of 7-3 and 5-4 were all too common, and Alberto Cerri managed 34 goals and 13 assists in 38 games for the U19's as well as 1 goal in 8 games (1 start) in the Serie A.

q9Zw0ox.png

February 2014

a9zzs1y.png

2 wins and 2 draw. Pretty happy to pick up 8 points. Sad to see we finally conceded against Genoa, We went 3-0 up and our defence went AWOL in last 10 minutes to let them score 2 goals. Was heading for 3 points against Lazio until we gave away a foul and they ended up scoring with 8 minutes from the clock :( Good win over Catania, could have scored more. Was unlucky not to win against Juventus, bizarrely Zanetti was sent off on 45+1 minutes. He was playing as DMC so I had to move Cambiasso to the middle of the back 4. We had chances to score but Juventus put up a good fight against us.

Table

28BR9JM.png

Happy to see we're still top with 5 points ahead of Juventus. I think our home games will be crucial for us and hopefully pick up the win and see where it takes us at the end of the season.

A draw against Juventus is nothing to be worried about! You're still top and have a decent cushion with 12 games to go. You seem to have got Belfodil firing as well, him and Palacio was my best combination last year but Palacio was quite injury prone.

My Inter save got accidently overwritten.. I have back up saves but can't be bothered starting them again :(. How it ended up after the second season...

3rd season I won the league, 4th season I finished unbeaten in the league, won everything beat Chelsea 3-2 in the final of the CL. Ferreya scored something like 56 goals. Bit of a shame but I had £160m transfer budget with no one to spend it on, so was getting bored so probably would have lost interest anyway!

Decided to start a new save with Fiorentina because I can't leave Italy alone..

Archived